@willpayton: don't forget we want a six pack of corona with lime too

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Men are more vulnerable than women to this virus according to Italy.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

92,000 people have recovered from the virus worldwide...and counting. Just wanted to provide some positive news amid this global pandemic.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By RedHood_JayTodd

When they successfully find a vaccine for the COVID-19, it should be named in honor of Dr. Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm on the coronavirus, but was later reprimanded by Wuhan authorities for "rumor mongering". He later contracted it and died.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By BullPR

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

A little bit technical, but an exxellent summary of the situation and a clear view of what to expect in the next months

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-the-hammer-and-the-dance-be9337092b56

A little bit technical, but an exxellent summary of the situation and a clear view of what to expect in the next months

Good article, but I think it's too long for many to read all the way through. If you get a chance, could you post a summary of some of the most important points?

One thing that I noticed was that they say there's fewer than 100,000 respirators in the US. Like Italy, that's going to be bad news very quickly. By my calculations, if the numbers of diagnosed cases continues to grow like they are now, we're going to hit 1 MILLION cases in the next 12 days.

People, especially those who have been thinking this is not going to be a huge deal and that others are overreacting... need to take a look at these numbers and think again.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they successfully find a vaccine for the COVID-19, it should be named in honor of Dr. Li Wenliang, the Chinese doctor who sounded the alarm on the coronavirus, but was later reprimanded by Wuhan authorities for "rumor mongering". He later contracted it and died.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By willpayton

@lord_tenebrous said:
@redhood_jaytodd said:

They should build a monument for that guy. Literally gave his life to warn others about what was happening.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous said:
@redhood_jaytodd said:

They should build a monument for that guy. Literally gave his life to warn others about what was happening.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was speaking to someone I know (who is a long time doctor) and he actually said that the world is addressing this all wrong. He said that what we should be doing is isolating the elderly from everyone else, because they are the most likely to die as a result of the disease. He said we should then actually let adults get the virus, because many adults will overcome the infection in a matter of weeks without a need for hospitalization, and subsequently gain resistance to it (the vast majority of people who've overcome the infection have not contracted it again, so it's likely that we are developing some form of natural, adaptational resistance). This will lead to herd immunity being established around the world, and therefore reduce the likelihood of the elderly being infected, which not only reduces the number of deaths, but also alleviates some pressure from the health system because when the elderly get infected, they need much more extensive treatment than adults and youths. According to this guy, it's too late to stop the virus's spread, so the best thing to do is try and establish herd immunity.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By BullPR

@wolverinebatmanftw: see the article linked post 155.

That's one of the hypothesis being discussed and the direction the UK initially took.

Very VERY bad idea. The UK had to stop.

See the numbers by yourself.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@willpayton said:
@lord_tenebrous said:
@redhood_jaytodd said:

Stuff like this happens every time in China.

TonyMartial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: Boris rah gave up on herd immunity... its a stupid idea. Mans closed down the schools, restaurants, pubs, cinemas ya name it. Its not happening anymore.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thousands of face masks sent by China for Italy's beleaguered hospitals have ended up in the Czech Republic in an apparent cross-border imbroglio as Europe, now the epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic, faces a shortage of masks.
The problem is crucial in Italy, the country currently paying the heaviest price, with almost 5,000 deaths and its hospitals at breaking point.
But the Czech Republic, which is also bracing for a rise in infections, has tightened controls on the export and distribution of such material.
It was unclear on Sunday whether the incident amounted to a misunderstanding, a logistical error, or deliberate attempt to withhold the masks from Italy.
Italian daily La Repubblica wrote on Saturday that Czech authorities seized Chinese masks intended for Italy's hospitals under guise of a sting against traffickers, in an article titled: "How the Czech Republic sequestered thousands of masks sent from China to Italy".
The newspaper cited as a source "a courageous Czech researcher", Lukas Lev Cervinka, an adviser to deputy Jan Lipavsky of the anti-establishment Czech Pirate Party.
Czech police carried out an anti-trafficking operation on Tuesday, seizing 680,000 masks and ventilators from a warehouse of a private company in Lovosice, north of Prague, presenting it as a coup against illegal trafficking in medical devices.
On Friday, Interior Minister Jan Hamacek conceded on Twitter that "unfortunately, after further investigation, it turned out that a smaller part of this seizure was a Chinese donation to Italy".
According to the Czech media, the donation from China represented just over 100,000 masks. Local authorities had announced that 380,000 of the seized masks would be distributed to local Czech hospitals.
"We are trying to understand what a Chinese donation for Italy was doing in Lovosice," Hamacek said, adding the government was in discussions with Italy. "I can assure that there will be no loss to Italy."
"The Czechs did not deliberately withhold this equipment," Foreign Minister Tomas Petricek was quoted by the Czech News Agency.
No Italian officials had reacted to the La Repubblica article by Sunday.
The Czech Republic has recorded more than 1,000 coronavirus cases, but no deaths.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/view/millions-of-face-masks-from-china-land-in-czech-republic.780128

This morning, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, Tomбš Petřнček, informed the Italian Ambassador Nisio that the Czech Republic will send the seized 110,000 masks to Italy as soon as possible.
The load will arrive in Italy in numbers equal to those that should have reached our country and were instead stolen and seized by the Czech authorities.
The load will depart within 48 hours.
The Czech government in close coordination with the Italian Embassy in Prague has decided to immediately send the load destined to Italy without waiting for the conclusion of the police investigation still in progress, trying to discover how the huge swag was stolen and where.
The complexity of the case that spreads to different countries would require a few more days but the situation in Italy does not allow for waiting.
On March 17, the Ministry of the Interior and the Usti nad Labem Region detained a batch of imported masks and respirators from a warehouse in the region.
Subsequent investigations revealed that the seizure included a separate shipment of 101,600 masks and respirators, which was a donation from the Red Cross of Qingtian City of China’s Zhejiang province to Chinese expatriates in Italy, the statement noted.

https://www.praguemorning.cz/the-czech-republic-to-send-110000-seized-masks-to-italy/

Anybody knows something more about this... curious history?

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I also read about it in the news. Let's wait a little bit to be sure to know what happened...

God_Spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#166 God_Spawn  Moderator

I bet it was that scooter company.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do they know if some people are immune by birth?

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still don't care.

Floridaman29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Floridaman29  Online

Can't even go 5 seconds without it being mentioned.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was speaking to someone I know (who is a long time doctor) and he actually said that the world is addressing this all wrong. He said that what we should be doing is isolating the elderly from everyone else, because they are the most likely to die as a result of the disease. He said we should then actually let adults get the virus, because many adults will overcome the infection in a matter of weeks without a need for hospitalization, and subsequently gain resistance to it (the vast majority of people who've overcome the infection have not contracted it again, so it's likely that we are developing some form of natural, adaptational resistance). This will lead to herd immunity being established around the world, and therefore reduce the likelihood of the elderly being infected, which not only reduces the number of deaths, but also alleviates some pressure from the health system because when the elderly get infected, they need much more extensive treatment than adults and youths. According to this guy, it's too late to stop the virus's spread, so the best thing to do is try and establish herd immunity.

That would not be a good idea. First, we dont yet know everything about this virus. This doctor seems to be assuming a very low mortality rate among those who are not "elderly"... whatever age range he thinks that is. What if it turns out to be worse?

But ok, lets say you somehow quarantine 100% of "elderly" people, and then 80% of all humans in the world get this (because you didnt do anything to stop it) and the death rate is a super low 0.1%. Ok, you just let more than 6 Million people die.

However, you wont actually be able to quarantine all elderly people, so that's a no go. And by the time there's the herd immunity, millions have died. Also, so many billions of people now have it that the chances of it mutating into a new and possibly worse form are much increased.

But really, before all that happened, every world health and hospital system would have collapsed like in Italy. In the US there's only around 100,000 respirators available. Long before you have any kind of herd immunity, you'll have millions of dead from the Coronavirus and possibly hundreds of thousands dying because of the overwhelmed hospitals.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard that the democrats released the virus to kill non-whites

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

Good paper about the origin of the virus.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

That would not be a good idea. First, we dont yet know everything about this virus. This doctor seems to be assuming a very low mortality rate among those who are not "elderly"... whatever age range he thinks that is. What if it turns out to be worse?

But ok, lets say you somehow quarantine 100% of "elderly" people, and then 80% of all humans in the world get this (because you didnt do anything to stop it) and the death rate is a super low 0.1%. Ok, you just let more than 6 Million people die.

However, you wont actually be able to quarantine all elderly people, so that's a no go. And by the time there's the herd immunity, millions have died. Also, so many billions of people now have it that the chances of it mutating into a new and possibly worse form are much increased.

But really, before all that happened, every world health and hospital system would have collapsed like in Italy. In the US there's only around 100,000 respirators available. Long before you have any kind of herd immunity, you'll have millions of dead from the Coronavirus and possibly hundreds of thousands dying because of the overwhelmed hospitals.

I'd also like to add more reasons why that was a bad idea.

• Not every young people are healthy. People with respiratory problem or compromised immune system are also vulnerable to this virus. It's not that rare for people to think they're healthy, but to actually have either of those problems.
  • The main targets of the 14 days lockdown thing are actually teenagers and young adults, because we're the likeliest one to get infected by the virus and to spread them without even knowing we had one in the first place.
  • If that many people got infected, it would not be long before everyone in the world get the virus. It'd just be a matter of time before the virus get to the elderlies as well, pretty much unavoidable. This virus infectivity rate is out of this world.

I'm also shocked that this idea came from a health professional. As Willpayton has stated, it's pretty obvious that healthcare system around the world would get completely overwhelmed if that ever happened.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@fabricolage said:
@willpayton said:
@lord_tenebrous said:
@redhood_jaytodd said:

Stuff like this happens every time in China.

@lan_fan:

that's rough.

I'd advise you guys to watch this 30 minutes long video to get the general idea of how government control and society work in China. I'm sure most of you have nothing to do at home, so why not... Keep in mind that the topic of the video is martial art, seems way less important, but you'll get what I'm talking about.

Loading Video...

Red_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: @shield-maiden@mister_surreal@william_lebeau@alexander_west

Three people that work in my medical unit have tested positive for Covid-19. My unit is now under quarantine/lockdown. They only got tested cuz they got sick. Test are not given to people that show no symptoms. By the infection rate/process it is more than likely I have it too.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_talon: Oh my god! Ozzy, I hope you’re OK D:

Red_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_talon: I mean, if so, I could that you’ll get the treatment that you need.

Red_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: there is no actual treatment...yet. I look at it much like the chicken pox

Red_Talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_surreal: on the Brightside, we are now classified as military hazard pay now

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Mister_Surreal  Online

@red_talon: Alright, alright. I’m not too religious, but I’ll pray that you stay healthy. *Big hug*

At least that’s something.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red_talon: Wow, that sucks. I hope you're ok. If it's an consolation, remember that for most people, if they have it they will be fine. If you think you might, then just keep quarantined for a few weeks.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just tested positive. This shit sucks.

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabbavsk said:

Stay of a Good Mindset. You can beat this thing as many have Recovered. Stay on a Good Thought.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabbavsk said:

So far majority of people who caught this illness were able to recover from it, yes?
You probably will not have a best week or two, but in the end all will be well.

Dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#190  Edited By Dernman

@sabbavsk said:

That sucks man. Try to keep a positive mind and eat healthy. Drink lots of water and take something to keep the fever down.

HarryNorine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 21-YEAR-OLD woman with no underlying health concerns has died from coronavirus, her family said. Chloe Middleton is believed to be the UK’s youngest victim with no existing medical issues. Her family said it should act as a wake-up call for people to take the Covid-19 pandemic seriously. Mum Diane Middleton wrote on Facebook: “To all the people out there who think it's just a virus please think again.“Speaking from a personal experience this so-called virus has taken the life of my 21-year-old daughter.”

The family, from High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, called on people to stay indoors to halt the spread of the virus.

It comes as...

Fit Brits were last night urged to sign up to a 250,000-strong National Help Service

The UK death toll jumped to 422 with fears half of Brits could already be infected with the bug

Seven coronavirus cases have been tracked back to a single football match in England

Brits have been urged to keep working to help save the economy - but bosses need to keep them safe

Transport police have been deployed onto rail networks to enforce a ban on unnecessary travel

On Sunday it was announced an 18-year-old boy had died after testing positive for coronavirus in Coventry, West Midlands. But doctors said he had “significant underlying health issues” and that Covid-19 was not linked to his cause of death. Chloe’s aunt Emily Mistry wrote on Facebook: “My beautiful, kind hearted 21 year old niece Chloe has passed away from Covid-19. SHE HAD NO UNDERLYING HEALTH ISSUES. “My loved ones are going through the most unimaginable pain, we are shattered beyond belief.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many conspiracy theories around that COVID was made, planned, etc.

Any thoughts?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many conspiracy theories around that COVID was made, planned, etc.

Any thoughts?

Ignore them

Catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabbavsk: I'm sorry to hear that man, but I'm confident you'll get through this alive.

@harrynorine Yikes! 😢🤔

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@harrynorine: @catlike:

A 21-YEAR-OLD woman with no underlying health concerns has died from coronavirus, her family said. Chloe Middleton is believed to be the UK’s youngest victim with no existing medical issues. Her family said it should act as a wake-up call for people to take the Covid-19 pandemic seriously. Mum Diane Middleton wrote on Facebook: “To all the people out there who think it's just a virus please think again.“Speaking from a personal experience this so-called virus has taken the life of my 21-year-old daughter.”

I'd like to hear words from her doctor. It's perfectly normal for people to think they're healthy, but in reality they're diabetic. Especially people in UK where cultures like afternoon tea exists. They consume a lot of sugars in general. Diabetes weakens our immune system, which makes this virus thrive.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our president, Jair Bolsonaro, gave a speech a few days ago calling the virus a simple flu and completely ignored its possible damage to all citizens of our country. I can't believe how dense this man can be.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: yes, with discussed that with colleagues (meeting Paris + Boston). That can be a real pb for your country. Let's hope that like with the UK the facts will be stronger than the political mischief

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just do not see our World ever being the same after we get through this. I feel like Social Distancing will be with us for a long time even after we have vaccines for the Virus. I think once we see how bad things will be when this Virus peaks in America people will not be wanting to take chances. Not for a while at least.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Our president, Jair Bolsonaro, gave a speech a few days ago calling the virus a simple flu and completely ignored its possible damage to all citizens of our country. I can't believe how dense this man can be.

Sounds like he's doing the same thing that Trump was doing for weeks, where he said it was all "under control" and would be over in a few days like a "miracle".

Trump is also trying to tell people that they should all go back to work and get the economy back to how it was within 2 and 1/2 weeks... which is absolutely insane and ridiculous.