COVID-19 Discussion Thread

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not so much worried about the virus itself but how negatively is impacting the economy.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dealing with dumbass over-panicked people. Buying up everything, instead of only what is needed and leaving nothing for others *smh*

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea04288c590b
deactivated-5ea04288c590b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't buy groceries untill Friday so hopefully there's some left and hopefully the stores aren't shut down

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@chaosreigns: This morning I read that unemployment could reach 20% in the United States which would be the highest it has been since the Great Depression of 1928. The depression, globally, lasted a decade and laid the foundation for events which initiated the Second World War. Of course there were other factors such as restitution fees directed at post-war Germany and expansionism in the Far East. All I am saying is that things will remain bad for a long time after the virus has gone...which could be 18 months from now instead of the end of this summer...which was also a shift from two to three weeks as originally theorized.

ChaosReigns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: That's truly insane. If what you read turns out to be true, then how much time do we have till the economy turns south?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now I’m more concerned with how the virus effects the economy rather than the virus itself.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@chaosreigns: There’s an old Chinese curse, “May you live in interesting times.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/18/mnuchin-warns-senators-of-20percent-us-unemployment-without-coronavirus-rescue-source-says.html

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/488156-us-plan-warned-coronavirus-pandemic-would-last-18-months-report

Gladiator4977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything is going to be fine.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@void_reborn said:
@lord_tenebrous said:

I cleaned out every store within 200 miles of my area. No water, no toilet paper, no paper towling, no beans, no rice, no potatoes, no bottled water, no cereal, no milk. To the lines of people at my door, I sell it for $100 per item, because I am a good person.

Can I have a discount?

I'll consider it, if you concede in all our debates.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn said:
@lord_tenebrous said:

I cleaned out every store within 200 miles of my area. No water, no toilet paper, no paper towling, no beans, no rice, no potatoes, no bottled water, no cereal, no milk. To the lines of people at my door, I sell it for $100 per item, because I am a good person.

Can I have a discount?

I'll consider it, if you concede in all our debates.

Absurdity!

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AbstractRaze

@Penguin-Dust said:

@chaosreigns: This morning I read that unemployment could reach 20% in the United States which would be the highest it has been since the Great Depression of 1928. The depression, globally, lasted a decade and laid the foundation for events which initiated the Second World War. Of course there were other factors such as restitution fees directed at post-war Germany and expansionism in the Far East. All I am saying is that things will remain bad for a long time after the virus has gone...which could be 18 months from now instead of the end of this summer...which was also a shift from two to three weeks as originally theorized.

You don't have to worry, world wars between potencies is a thing of the past due to the nuclear arsenal, rather civil war outbreaks, internal conflicts, proxy wars, armed conflicts where nuclear warheads are our of the equation.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Right now I’m more concerned with how the virus effects the economy rather than the virus itself.

Same here.

With the social distancing that's been (finally) implemented, I think the growth curve will "flatten" soon... or at least once the number of current actual cases are reflected in the numbers. So far with little testing, we have no idea exactly how many there are.

But, the impact on the economy will be devastating. I've been hearing for weeks now people talking about working from home for "a couple of weeks", or businesses temporarily closing until next month, and all this kind of talk. And I'm always forced to tell them that no, this will not end in a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. Vaccines take at least a year to get approved, and the social distancing has to remain in place for that long, otherwise the growth curve just goes up again.

So if we're lucky we'll just have another recession, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that we're in for a serious depression... something worse than 2008. So millions of jobs lost, the stock market losing 50% of its value, large numbers of companies going bankrupt, and people starving and rioting.

And much of this could have been avoided if the government had seen what was happening in China early on and taken it seriously instead of the constant lying and inaction. With a virus like this, you have to do what may be seen as an overreaction early on, so that you can stop the situation before it even comes to your country. Block all travel from affected countries, get large numbers of tests, and aggressively track down and quarantine all who are tested positive. Trump did none of that, instead telling people lies about how it was "under control" and that the infected numbers "within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero."

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed a lot of people were talking about a couple of weeks.

Problem is that NO ONE with any expertise or in any position of authority at CDC or WHO ever said this. In fact, in February 12 (5 weeks ago) the WHO said that it would take 18 months to get a vaccine. Even before that, people knew it would take more than a year because vaccines take a long time to develop and run through safety trials.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/482727-coronavirus-vaccine-could-be-ready-in-18-months

The problem here is that we have had an administration that has been lying about this since the start, spreading false information and trying to de-legitimize experts and the media who have been trying to warn people and get emergency policies and procedures going.

Now we see the fruits of all that.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By TheSpartanB345T

I don't see anything getting better in the foreseeable future tbh, most schools are canceled until Fall terms now and most jobs are shut down where I live. In two weeks it will only get worse, it might take a whole year for this to blow over imo.

But that's honestly just me thinking how long the actual quarantine (or media urging people to quarantine) lasts. The actual virus won't do much to normal humans. The economy will take a hit though.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton: Well I'm not from the States but even here in Canada the same thing is happening. I don't know if any country was really prepared to deal with this. I hear Taiwan did pretty well in terms of a response but I haven't done research into what they did. I also believe when I heard Taiwan did well in there response to the disease that was in reference to how they minimized the spread and handled care. I'm hearing all this talk about people going on unemployment which is going to cause a massive increase in taxes.

Also I think people are sensing the economic unease and are also to scared to buy stuff that isn't deemed essential (because people don't want to go out or order stuff online out of fear of getting the virus). I don't think there is anything any government can do to curtail that.

I don't think there is really anything that can be done to prepare for the economic fallout. At best governments can minimize damage to the economy.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By willpayton

@jashro44 Yeah it's going to be very hard to prepare for the economic impacts of this... whether it's for individuals or for governments. The stuff that's being done now is going to be mostly ineffective. Zero interest rates wont do anything. Bailing out companies wont do much. Giving everyone $1000 (which Trump wants to do) will help some people pay rent for a month, and then it's they're screwed after that. And while all this is going on, the national debt keeps headed towards the next star system.

The problem is that nothing government can do will make people go out and buy stuff, in fact they need the opposite. So in order to stop the virus, they NEED people to do what will hurt the economy.

While the infection numbers keep going up and there's no vaccine... there's little that can be done. And the numbers are going to be scary high... this is something people just dont get because most people dont understand exponential growth, and the administration (here in the US) has been feeding people straight up lies. For example, I did a curve-fit of the latest infection data and if the current rate of growth continues, then by the end of the month (less than 2 weeks) we're looking at more than 400,000 cases in the United States. And after that... things get bad.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By willpayton

@thespartanb345t said:

I don't see anything getting better in the foreseeable future tbh, most schools are canceled until Fall terms now and most jobs are shut down where I live. In two weeks it will only get worse, it might take a whole year for this to blow over imo.

But that's honestly just me thinking how long the actual quarantine (or media urging people to quarantine) lasts. The actual virus won't do much to normal humans. The economy will take a hit though.

That's just totally wrong. See my post above.

Unless the infection growth curve can be flattened, pretty soon we're looking at hundreds of thousands or millions of infections. Lets say there's 1 million infections, which will happen much faster than you might think... with a death rate of 3% that means 30,000 people dead. And if you cant slow down the infection rate, those numbers will seem small by the end of this.

I'm not trying to alarm anyone, but these are the facts of a virus with this type of contagion and mortality rates. There's a reason why China took such drastic measures and why Italy's health system is collapsing under the strain. There's a reason why the US declared a national state of emergency and is now looking to spend a trillion dollars. It's because unless we stop this thing, many millions of people are going to die. Even with what we're doing... that might happen anyway.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Thankfully U.S. leaders are taking this seriously now. Soon those that are still ignorant of the Danger the virus poses will be forced to recognize the fact that it gives Lung Damage to the recovered that is irreversable. Coupled with the fact you can contract it a second time it is a game changer for younger people. Economies will adjust or die like people.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jashro44 said:

True, what if we have nothing to eat? smh...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mickey-mouse said:

Millions of people are gonna die. But, I can understand why viners would be largely unbothered since it’s mainly going to kill old people and people with pre existing conditions. Average viner is probably still under 40...

I have a couple of theories.

China's population is insanely huge, that's why they introduced the 1 child policy which in some sense worked but it forcefully created a demographic problem, low amount a youth to many old people, the west is suffering under this phenomenon too, but it was something spontaneous, while in the case of China it was a life planning imposed by the Communist Chinese government.

I consider the Chinese heartless, not all of them, but most of them are stone cold people, and the Coronavirus is no more and less than a created virus by the Chinese government in order to get rid of their elders, and once more again, gain advantage over the Western or first world demographic issue.

I consider the Chinese elite, as people ready to sell their souls to the devil in order to gain any advantage, no matter which way.

Loading Video...

PS:

With this I'm not saying that we will not meet this fate, but if we as the western civilization, we don't procreate enough in order to secure our retirement when we are old, this could happen to us as well.

First, this is solidly racist of you. Seriously. Secondly, a friend of my is a researcher in Vienna and they are checking if COVID-19 is artificially made. Preliminary reports show that it hasn't been. However, they still didn't disprove it 100%

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By AbstractRaze

@chimeroid: Stick your racist card elsewhere, I consider the Chinese society as a cold society, it's a society which committed the biggest genocide worldwide and remained quiet as if nothing did happen, went through multiple famines which shaped their character in the long run and from a cultural point of view, with this I'm not saying that absolutely all of them are heartless people, second, I clearly said that I consider them heartless, I didn't at any moment generalize and say that it's official or a standard point of view worldwide, for example, "most Muslim population in the middle east hates/don't like Jewish people", which is a fact.

No one knows what truly happened in China, what the Chinese Communist leadership could or could not have orchestrated behind closed doors, this is not the first time the Chinese Communist leadership mass annihilates their own people, I repeat myself, it's a natural proceeding for them and whenever it happens, extremely few people stood against while the vast majority accepted it peacefully/indifferently.

For the simple fact the Chinese spit against each other in order to spread the COVID-19, says more than enough.

Please, don't come with your nauseating victimhood card, it's disgusting and shameful how you abuse on that.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my girlfriend bought our outfits for my prom, and it got cancelled. Just hoping hers doesn't get cancelled cause we've got our outfits for that too.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Loading Video...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: Stick your racist card elsewhere, I consider the Chinese society as a cold society, it's a society which committed the biggest genocide worldwide and remained quiet as if nothing did happen, went through multiple famines which shaped their character in the long run and from a cultural point of view, with this I'm not saying that absolutely all of them are heartless people, second, I clearly said that I consider them heartless, I didn't at any moment generalize and say that it's official or a standard point of view worldwide, for example, "most Muslim population in the middle east hates/don't like Jewish people", which is a fact.

No one knows what truly happened in China, what the Chinese Communist leadership could or could not have orchestrated behind closed doors, this is not the first time the Chinese Communist leadership mass annihilates their own people, I repeat myself, it's a natural proceeding for them and whenever it happens, extremely few people stood against while the vast majority accepted it peacefully/indifferently.

For the simple fact the Chinese spit against each other in order to spread the COVID-19, says more than enough.

Please, don't come with your nauseating victimhood card, it's disgusting and shameful how you abuse on that.

I am not a victim, it's not a card. Calling most chinese people "heartless" is racist and ignorant. It's funny how you avoided replying to the part when i said that independent researchers found evidence that it's naturally evolved. Instead you just focus on your own racism a bit more.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By AbstractRaze

@chimeroid said:
@abstractraze said:

I am not a victim, it's not a card. Calling most chinese people "heartless" is racist and ignorant. It's funny how you avoided replying to the part when i said that independent researchers found evidence that it's naturally evolved. Instead you just focus on your own racism a bit more.

I have my founded reasons to consider such society heartless in its majority, I repeat myself again, it's a society which mass annihilated their own population, not only one time, but multiple times by the communist leadership, it's a culture that didn't care whenever it happened, it's a society where few stood against and where the majority reacted indifferently and gladly accepted the communist leadership".

'Chinese' is not a race, how you can be this ignorant, sensible leftie who can't endure facts, shame on you, and by the way, the research of your friend in Vienna, "I can care less".

Taiwanese professor says Wuhan coronavirus likely man-made

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3880475

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Rubear

@abstractraze:

During Middle Ages people like you were calling for witch hunts and blaming jews for plague. Also about that article you're reffering on. About taiwanese professor...

Update: 03/03 6:00 p.m.

After being contacted by Taiwan News for comment, Fang denied making the previously cited statements and said that he "does not support the highly popular man-made theory on the origin of this virus."

Ooops.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By AbstractRaze

@rubear: Spare me your butt hurt soviet bear, remember, the Soviets killed over 12 million Christians and other millions in the Gulag camps.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Same here.

With the social distancing that's been (finally) implemented, I think the growth curve will "flatten" soon... or at least once the number of current actual cases are reflected in the numbers. So far with little testing, we have no idea exactly how many there are.

But, the impact on the economy will be devastating. I've been hearing for weeks now people talking about working from home for "a couple of weeks", or businesses temporarily closing until next month, and all this kind of talk. And I'm always forced to tell them that no, this will not end in a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months. Vaccines take at least a year to get approved, and the social distancing has to remain in place for that long, otherwise the growth curve just goes up again.

So if we're lucky we'll just have another recession, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that we're in for a serious depression... something worse than 2008. So millions of jobs lost, the stock market losing 50% of its value, large numbers of companies going bankrupt, and people starving and rioting.

And much of this could have been avoided if the government had seen what was happening in China early on and taken it seriously instead of the constant lying and inaction. With a virus like this, you have to do what may be seen as an overreaction early on, so that you can stop the situation before it even comes to your country. Block all travel from affected countries, get large numbers of tests, and aggressively track down and quarantine all who are tested positive. Trump did none of that, instead telling people lies about how it was "under control" and that the infected numbers "within a couple of days, is going to be down to close to zero."

Willie, China hid the severity of the coronavirus. Had they acted responsibly and sought help earlier the effects of the virus would be about 95% less. Further, the WHO initially said that humans could not catch it through the air. Trump implemented travel restrictions from China while the WHO was saying it was not necessary, so the claim that he did not act early and decisively doesn't seem to be accurate. The number of tests was not Trump's fault as Dr Fauci has publicly stated - this was actually a failure of government bureaucracy as state labs and private companies could not produce tests initially due to policies of the FDA and CDC - policies that Obama had proposed to become laws. Further, Willie, a statement at a point in time is just that - the situation at the time, If you say you aren't sick today, that doesn't mean that you won't ever get sick.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By AbstractRaze

@rubear said:

@abstractraze:

After being contacted by Taiwan News for comment, Fang denied making the previously cited statements and said that he "does not support the highly popular man-made theory on the origin of this virus."

Ooops.

Irrelevant, that only says that he was under political pressure, the doubts are already there, it's inevitable.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Rubear

@rubear: Spare me your butt hurt soviet bear, remember you killed over 12 million Christians and other millions in the gulag camps.

Why are you not talking about 12 billions already? After all your spiritual teacher once said something about "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." And it's telling how you just ignore fact that professor in fact made no such statement and is not supporting your ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear said:

@abstractraze:

Ooops.

Irrelevant, that only says that he was under political pressure, the doubts are already there, it's inevitable.

Political pressure from whom exactly? Taiwaneese leadership that'd gladly jump on possibility of blowing up legitimicity of chineese government? Or chineese government that does not rule Taiwan? Thing is that there're no doubts in your mind, just reckless hatred. So you're believing in each and every accusations of people you consider to be wrong. Just like, say, germans were believing when nazi told them that jews are guilty in all of their problems.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: I repeat myself...

It's totally irrelevant, that only means he was under political pressure, the doubts are already there, it's inevitable, the way how he suddenly deviated the whole topic was clearly forced.

"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it", yeah. You're a such a diligent student. Go on. Tell me just who was able to put a political pressue on the taiwaneese professor and how. Show me your ability to think and not just blindly believe and hate.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By AbstractRaze

@rubear said:
@abstractraze said:
@rubear said:

@abstractraze:

Ooops.

Political pressure from whom exactly? Taiwaneese leadership that'd gladly jump on possibility of blowing up legitimicity of chineese government? Or chineese government that does not rule Taiwan? Thing is that there're no doubts in your mind, just reckless hatred. So you're believing in each and every accusations of people you consider to be wrong. Just like, say, germans were believing when nazi told them that jews are guilty in all of their problems.

China could perfectly invade Taiwan, the very reason why it did not happen today, is because Taiwan has Western backup/protection, this has a very long historical trajectory, back on the day with the pro-capitalist political side vs the pro-communist political side in China and when communism won in China, the pro-capitalist Chinese side fleed to Taiwan and the West offered them protection and warned China to not occupy Taiwan.

What would happen if the West cannot offer them protection anymore, because of severe accusations against China?

So, political pressure is perfectly possible, please detach yourself from the soviet cloud.

Yes, I'm German and we recognize that it was a bad thing, but prior the Nazis took the control in Germany, millions of Germans were starving to death, and when a population is starving to death it's easier to manipulate the minds of the people, this was not different than what happened on ex-Soviet state members and China.

And most Germans weren't aware of the concentration camps and what happened inside them, while the Soviets mentioned the Gulags through their propaganda machine, in order to intimidate and reeducate religious people into atheists, this was the same situation with China, demonizing owners of harvest fields, religious people, etc...

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic... everyone here should do what they can to get people they know to stay inside, or at least not go to any place that's crowded or has people passing through it regularly.

Right now in Florida there are hundreds (or thousands) of people there for Spring Break, crowding and partying, as if there was nothing going on. This is insane.

In spite of lies and misinformation coming from the current US administration, this is not a "hoax", it's not "under control", and it wont go away tomorrow like a "miracle". And you cant even rely on testing since the US is far, far behind in the numbers of available test kits.

A study in the New England Journal of Medicine found that this Coronavirus can stay in the air for 3 hours.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

And we know it can remain on surfaces for days.

So if you go outside for a jog or whatever, that's fine. But reconsider if you're going in an area that's heavily trafficked. If an infected person coughs and you walk through that area even hours later, you could become infected. Be careful, be safe.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Rubear
@abstractraze said:
@rubear said:
@abstractraze said:
@rubear said:

@abstractraze:

Ooops.

China could perfectly invade Taiwan, the very reason why it did not happen today, is because Taiwan has a Western backup/protection, this has a very long historical trajectory, back on the day with the pro-capitalist political side vs the pro-communist political side in China and when communism won in China, the pro-capitalists Chinese side fleed to Taiwan and the West offered them protection and warned China to not occupy Taiwan.

What would happen if the West cannot offer them protection anymore, because of severe accusations against China?

So, political pressure is perfectly possible, please detach yourself from the soviet cloud.

Yes, I'm German and we recognize that it was a bad thing, but prior the Nazis took the control in Germany, millions of Germans were starving to death, and when a population is starving to death it's easier to manipulate the minds of the people, this was not different than what happened on ex-Soviet state members and China.

And most Germans weren't aware of the concentration camps and what happened inside them, while the Soviets mentioned the Gulags through their propaganda machine, in order to intimidate and reeducate religious people into atheists, this was the same situation with China, demonizing owners of harvest fields, etc...

I'm perfectly aware about how members of Kuomintang fled from continental China to Taiwan which was part of Japaneese empire before WWII for like 40-50 years. I'm also aware about how seat in UN initially belonged not to communist China, but to Kuomintang China as well. Saying that China could just invade Taiwan is rich claim just like many others you made... Without fleet China'd not be able to do anything. Of course now it's actually building fleet, including air carriers. Which brings us to some conflict situations in South China Sea. And to US navy in said sea.

Now just what makes you think that any severe accusations of China during (or at least right after) chinese-american trade war will be considered as a reason to drop protection from Taiwan instead of strengthening it and using said accusations as means of political pressure on China? Your point of view just don't make any sense.

Well, you don't have "millions of Germans starving to death" by now, but you do have unknown danger which is a main topic of any mass media, which is making you suspicious to people around, is probably forcing you to sit in home where all you can do it read posts on forums and watch youtube. Where you can find videos made somewhere, where chinese-looking people are doing something r'ly bad. That "somewhere" can easily be Honkong, while these people can be activists from that protests in last year. Panic, feeling of uncertainity - these emotions can be means for their cause of undermining government's autority. Or these people could be vengeance-seeking infected. You don't know it. You don't know who they're. But you're so eager to believe in worst case, don't you? While in reality...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-eu-abandoning-italy-china-aid/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-italy-china-supplies/

...in reality China is the state that is actually sending help to Italy, while EU, including your state, Germany, is paralyzed, isn't it?

You're saying that most germans were not aware about concentration camps? Please. How they could not be aware about hate and contempt towards "wrong people" that was a core theme of propaganda? How they could not be aware about such events as Kristallnacht in 1938? It didn't start over one night. There were preparations, people were taught to hate jews. Think about it and then do think about just what are you doing right now.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By AbstractRaze

@rubear said:
@abstractraze said:
@rubear said:
@abstractraze said:
@rubear said:

@abstractraze:

Ooops.

China could perfectly invade Taiwan, the very reason why it did not happen today, is because Taiwan has a Western backup/protection, this has a very long historical trajectory, back on the day with the pro-capitalist political side vs the pro-communist political side in China and when communism won in China, the pro-capitalists Chinese side fleed to Taiwan and the West offered them protection and warned China to not occupy Taiwan.

And most Germans weren't aware of the concentration camps and what happened inside them, while the Soviets mentioned the Gulags through their propaganda machine, in order to intimidate and reeducate religious people into atheists, this was the same situation with China, demonizing owners of harvest fields, etc...

Now just what makes you think that any severe accusations of China during (or at least right after) chinese-american trade war will be considered as a reason to drop protection from Taiwan instead of strengthening it and using said accusations as means of political pressure on China? Your point of view just don't make any sense.

Well, you don't have "millions of Germans were starving to death" by now, but you do have unknown danger which is a main topic of any mass media, which is making you suspicious to people around, is probably forcing you to sit in home where all you can do it read posts on forums and watch youtube. Where you can find videos made somewhere, where chinese-looking people are doing something r'ly bad. That "somewhere" can easily be Honkong, while these people can be activists from that protests in last year. Panic, feeling of uncertainity - these emotions can be means for their cause of undermining government's autority. Or these people could be vengeance-seeking infected. You don't know it. You don't know who they're. But you're so eager to believe in worst case, don't you? While in reality...

https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/14/coronavirus-eu-abandoning-italy-china-aid/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-italy-china-supplies/

...in reality China is the state that is actually sending help to Italy, while EU is paralyzed, isn't it?

You're saying that most germans were not aware about concentration camps? Please. How they could not be aware about hate and contempt towards "wrong people" that was a core theme of propaganda? How they could not be aware about such events as Kristallnacht in 1938? It didn't start over one night. There were preparations, people were taught to hate jews. Think about it and then do think about just what are you doing right now.

Detach yourself from your soviet cloud, it's not only one thing, but it are also a lot of issues with China being added on the top, such as the territorial dispute with Japan, the trade war, tensions with India, internal problems due to the virus, tensions with Taiwan, tensions with the protests in Hongkong where the superior or decent Chinese lives in, tensions with the West, because the Chinese are investing in Iran, those financially supporting their nuclear program, maritime problems with the West, etc...

What Dr.Fang said, only adds more fire on the top... "Political pressure"

Chinese is not a race, don't be reckless, it's an ethnicity.

In Hongkong lives the legit Chinese and Hongkongers who stay against the authoritarian communist leadership, a leadership that killed millions from millions of Chinese people, it's a place with a superior cultural and living standards, a place with decency unlike the pork ranch of China, we have to differentiate what is dirty and what is clean.

An inefficient communist nation who can only economically progress by enslaving its population, sending aid to an inefficient semi-federal organization called as the EU, a neo-liberal and socialists rulership, garbage supporting garbage, yes, thank you for agreeing with my point of view, what can I say, well, a smart chess move I guess, supporting the EU after allegedly creating the virus artificially in order to get rid of their demographic issue.

Yes, most Germans were not aware of the concentration camps and what happened inside them, but most Germans were aware of the prejudice against Jews.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If pubs close we riot

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mazahs117 said:

Dealing with dumbass over-panicked people. Buying up everything, instead of only what is needed and leaving nothing for others *smh*

Yeah working in retail, it's really annoying with people ***ing that they can only get X amount of Y and it's like...what do you need 10 packs of toilet paper for?...Other people need it too.

...Not sure why given the virus as far as I know isn't a digestive thing. You ain't gonna be pooping blood or nothin.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm loving this self-isolation thing, but if this continues, we're gonna run out of everything. If food, water, and electricity will continue to run and cycling, everything's gonna be fine, but that will not be the case in the long run.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

I'm loving this self-isolation thing, but if this continues, we're gonna run out of everything. If food, water, and electricity will continue to run and cycling, everything's gonna be fine, but that will not be the case in the long run.

I seriously doubt it's gonna come to that.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#145 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Not gonna lie, I'm struggling.

Expecting a baby any time in the next eight weeks. Trying to get ready. It's been a complicated pregnancy already and this just feels like the last straw. To be careful, our government wants pregnant women to stay home as much as possible, at least until we have more data. Plus uni is now closed for the foreseeable future.

I have always been quite a self reliant and independent kind of person. Never ask for anything from anyone if I can do it myself. Now I'm pretty much housebound and can't provide for my family in any way. For groceries, I'm reliant on my fiance. He works 12 hour shifts, so stores are closed before he goes to work and emptied by the time he gets home. We're struggling to get food, to pick up medicines, to get the essentials we'll need for the baby.

Probably we'll be okay, but I've never felt so helpless tbh.

BruceRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bumpyboo: Damn, that's rough. But hang in there.

Gladiator4977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They say socially distance yourself but aren't you still at risk of contracting the virus at work?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 BumpyBoo  Moderator
BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: good luck. If you have questions about the virus and the risks during pregnancy and/or neonatal infection you can send me an PM

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bullpr: I appreciate it, thank you :)