Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AbstractRaze
@lan_fan said:
@abstractraze said:

@lan_fan: How is Indonesia doing so far? I heard that they're efficiently fending off this pandemic.

We're doing okay, but we're not doing anything out of the ordinary against the virus compared to other countries. Our healthcare system is below average, so there's that. The worst thing Covid19 has done is creating panic, and I'd say Indonesians are particularly very gullible. It's not looking good. I'm not that much worried about the virus, but damn, these overreacting people are destroying themselves and they're dragging everyone with them.

Never judge your civilization's efficiency due to a lower intellectual property, "Xerxes, you might have a lot of slaves but almost no warriors" -King Leonidas film 300.

What good is it to have a better tech or a more advanced healthcare, when the people do not exploit it properly, what good is it to know the theory as a doctor when at the time to deal with a surgery, he/she lacks the temper and therefore he/she shakes like a pitifull weakling.

What good is it to know alot about biochemistry when at the time to exercise it, the individual lacks the temper to take self-initiative and therefore be innovative.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Anyone in the know say when they think this will end?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asshats are panic buying everything in the stores. Shelves are empty now people who didn't panic buy are out of luck.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By AbstractRaze

@lan_fan: This is what I found, published in 11/03/2020.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/indonesia-reports-first-coronavirus-death-total-confirmed-cases-at-27

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

-

Look to the West, how we inefficiently deal with the pandemic, we have the technology and the systems but we don't exploit it efficiently, due to how soft and vulnerable we became, our civilization lack character the temper to take rough and hermetic decisions in order to confront this pandemic, now you will say that Indonesia isn't economically strong, completely false, within the Asian hemisphere, Indonesia is ranking above Saudi Arabia on the fifth place and Saudi Arabia is a shithole which became rich due to the oil not due to their intellectual property, the nation self is filled with cavemen in its majority, a pitiful academic level, 0 innovation.

China has the highest GDP in Asia because of their modern slaves, they can only miserably copy from Western technology (bad copies) and claim it as their own while India has a higher academic level than China but they also have a huge population.

China has 0 innovation.

Loading Video...

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Shinne

@abstractraze: There are 96 confirmed cases here, with 5 deaths and 8 having recovered. It's spreading very fast, much faster than when the virus first reached USA, considering we only got the virus a few days ago. I should backtrack what I said about the healthcare system, turns out all the confirmed deaths consist of toddlers and people above 50, which is to be expected. So the hospitals are holding up, I'd say.

Indonesia is ranking above Saudi Arabia on the fifth place and Saudi Arabia is a shithole which became rich due to the oil not due to their intellectual property, the nation self is filled with cavemen in its majority, a pitiful academic level, 0 innovation.

To be fair, Indonesia also has lots and lots of natural resources, but we end up selling them to other countries, whom later make useful stuffs out of them and sell them for much more money. At least that's what I heard in schools.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Shinne
AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AbstractRaze

@lan_fan: Please... I will show you some graphics.

Indonesia
Indonesia
No Caption Provided
Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia makes 130 Billion annually from its natural resources while Indonesia makes 44.3 Billion annually from their natural resources and 18 Billion from its machinery sector, 11.2 Billion from their recycling sector, 7 billion from their transportation sector and 26.7 Billion from their agricultural sector.

You can't compare, Saudi Arabia is on the bottom in terms of intellectual property, they are totally dependent on their natural resource sector.

China is what it's because Western civilization placed their factories there, they would absolutely be nothing without our permission.

We could take our factories away from China and prohibit their exports to the West and their people would start starving after the first month, it would hurt us too, but they would go directly to the deepest shores of hell, this is not the case with Indonesia, South Korea, Singapour or Japan.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: Wow, thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that at all.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@abstractraze: Wow, thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of that at all.

You are welcome, and I didn't know that you already have 94 cases, but you did it pretty well in comparison to South Korea or Singapore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally all School programs are closed in my area. This thing is really getting out of hand.

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully the summer kills this damn virus fast!

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recent updates on the virus.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

I think around a month or two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things are getting out of hand. I need to stay at home cause of this like my friends are... I can't even go to school or smoke in this period. Hopefully, it will end soon and we will have our normal summer.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

dernman, you should see a sharp spike this coming week. Expect the peak to be in a month to 6 weeks and then taper off. It will not "end" but cases will become fewer. There will not be a vaccine until 6 months from now in the US.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chaoselement said:
@dernman said:

dernman, you should see a sharp spike this coming week. Expect the peak to be in a month to 6 weeks and then taper off. It will not "end" but cases will become fewer. There will not be a vaccine until 6 months from now in the US.

I did not understand what you are implying, that the Virus will finish in 6 months or 6 weeks?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By dernman

@chaoselement said:
@just_sayin said:
@chaoselement said:
@dernman said:

I did not understand what you are implying, that the Virus will finish in 6 months or 6 weeks?

He's saying the virus cases will peak at 4 to 6 weeks before a downturn due to self isolation. There will be no vaccine in the US for 6 months.

-------------------------

From what I'm hearing it will be like the flue in the sense that it will come back each year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@chaoselement said:
@just_sayin said:
@chaoselement said:
@dernman said:

He's saying the virus cases will peak at 4 to 6 weeks before a downturn. There will be no vaccine in the US for 6 months.

-------------------------

Side note. From what I'm hearing it will be like the flue in the sense that it will come back each year.

Oh okay, lets just hope it ends soon.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My local grocery store has basically been looted. There’s like nothing on the shelves. It’s getting crazy

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: I know how you feel bro. I don't know how some people are even going to eat because some assholes had to buy months worth of things. Two weeks worth should have been enough but people got panic greedy. Then it's even worse when those that bought an over abundance just so they can sell at ridiculous prices.

fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

#71  Edited By fmen2016

@turoksonofstone: So your not a fan Ok I get that ,but a Hack really , think your statement is show that you are child , living with you mommy &daddy , & More anything say going forth should be view as such , because that man has done more his 96 years of life you ever hope do , So Have Nice Day :)

JPPT1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not have it and neither does my family but my parents are in the senior citizen age. As that could be very scary and though they do not have it, I have decided for two weeks to workout at home and that of not being around people unless it is necessary or if I have to go to the doctors office there or get some groceries. Plus using hand sanitizer and that of soap as much as possible.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

Virus have rights too

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

@fmen2016: Nothing I said in my posts was untrue. Nothing. You are ill informed and have obviously not done enough research to know I am correct. Ignorance is bliss until it is not anymore.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

It can linger in the Air for 3 hours. Only a P95 mask/gloves will protect those exposed.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Whathappened
fmen2016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

I have 6 Coronas & I'm fine so let's crack one open & enjoy as world go completely Mad over nothing & have nice day

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My local grocery store has basically been looted. There’s like nothing on the shelves. It’s getting crazy

This.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've basically become unemployed over the course of the weekend with how things are shutting down in the U.S., things I had planned in May are getting cancelled without chances of rescheduling.

Really threw a wrench in my life for the next several months.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thetruebarryallen: What do you do for a living? Didn't I hear something about paid leave or other things due to caronavirus?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've basically become unemployed over the course of the weekend with how things are shutting down in the U.S., things I had planned in May are getting cancelled without chances of rescheduling.

Sadly a lot of people are going to be in this same situation very soon.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dernman said:

@thetruebarryallen: What do you do for a living? Didn't I hear something about paid leave or other things due to caronavirus?

I'm in the entertainment sector as both an actor and box office administration. With shows being cancelled due to the 'no large gathering' rule I'm pretty much out of work for the next several months since we'll have no source of income.

@willpayton said:
@thetruebarryallen said:

It's super crappy -- I'm truly surprised it's gotten this bad. I don't recall the Swine Flu being this disastrous, but perhaps I was just an ignorant high-schooler when that happened.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'm going about my day as normal. Looks like only old weak people have died.

Scholomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka said:

Looks like only old weak people have died.

And people with other underlying illnesses are vulnerable with this disease.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in PA and yesterday the governor ordered a statewide shut down of non-essential businesses but my job wants us to keep working. I dont think I should be working. What are your thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea04288c590b
deactivated-5ea04288c590b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: tell me about I live about 2 hours away from Houston which holds 2-3million people and my boss sent me to Houston for 3 days.

I don't want to be here with the virus going around.

ManaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quincy-q: I think I'm going to tell my boss that I'm going to comply with the shutdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman: unlucky for me Texas hasn't shutdown lol.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By Penguin-Dust

All bars and nightclubs closed for 30 days in my state, all restaurants barred from seating more than half capacity.

The business I work at is still open. I do my best to follow all of the guidelines. There will be repercussions to a significant amount of the economy grinding to a halt. The nation and the world will certainly enter into a global recession. That should be something CV members in college should be concerned about. Of course all working people should be concerned with it, but when asked to choose between two individuals of the same education and one also has ten to fifteen more years of experience plus business relationships formed during that time employers will possibly choose the one who has more real world expertise.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cleaned out every store within 200 miles of my area. No water, no toilet paper, no paper towling, no beans, no rice, no potatoes, no bottled water, no cereal, no milk. To the lines of people at my door, I sell it for $100 per item, because I am a good person.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willpayton said:
@thetruebarryallen said:

It's super crappy -- I'm truly surprised it's gotten this bad. I don't recall the Swing Flu being this disastrous, but perhaps I was just an ignorant high-schooler when that happened.

The Swine Flu was a totally different thing.

The Swine Flu was a form of flu, which means that there were antiviral medications. Also, as a type of flu, it means that they could quickly create a vaccine by just updating their flu vaccine. This is what happens every year with new strains. It's pretty easy to do and they can test and put it out quickly.

Also, the Swine Flu has lower infection rates and much lower death rates. It had a fatality rate of 0.02%.

Novel Coronavirus is much, much worse. It's a new type of virus, so there's no existing ways to deal with it. A new vaccine must be created and tested, which takes around 18 months. Also, this Coronavirus has a mortality rate of 3.4% and is much more easily transmitted.

So, the swine flu was a big deal, but not as huge as this. There was no need to shut down the entire world because it didnt spread as much, wasnt as deadly, and could be easily treated. This new one, if left unchecked, could kill hundreds of millions of people.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boss just told me to work from home for the next two weeks. Guess I will finally have time to catch up on some shows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hearing that the US is trying to pay all middle to lower class citizens $1000. That should help if things get worse and we can't work.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: schools in my area have been closed untill April 7th and that's just for now.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work at a hospital so gotta work... but governor shut down all gatherings of 100 or more and all restaurants and bars. I imagine small businesses will be closing soon too. Schools are closed for the foreseeable future and doctors appts becoming phone calls. Expecting a lot more things to become mandatory for the average citizen.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cleaned out every store within 200 miles of my area. No water, no toilet paper, no paper towling, no beans, no rice, no potatoes, no bottled water, no cereal, no milk. To the lines of people at my door, I sell it for $100 per item, because I am a good person.

Can I have a discount?

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I invented a cure today so I don't care anymore

Avatar image for staticspeedstrr
StaticSpeedstrr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points