Sorry if not allowed, I don’t see one done yet either tho so here we are

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just to get some thoughts on the thread: are people overreacting? I can’t decide if they are or not.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: well multiple schools have closed, that and the prices of masks and hand sanitizer have gone up so there’s that

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to get some thoughts on the thread: are people overreacting? I can’t decide if they are or not.

where?

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SupremeGeneration
PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

WWZ in real life

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: idk. Like call me dumb but I go about my every day as if it doesn’t exist, I have absolutely zero worry about it.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Depends on where you live, I can understand it.

It is ok not to panic and lose your mind.

But I think that people should follow safety measures adequately ,

why risk yourself?

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shinne

Been done.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/off-topic-5/chinese-virus-coronavirus-2065360/

Yes, I do think people are overreacting, but the governments have taken the right calls mostly. 80% of the cases are mild with about 1-3% mortality rate. Most of us here would likely be okay if we got the virus, but preventing the spread is very important as babies, elderlies, as well as people who already have major sickness such as heart disease, HIV, and diabetes are vulnerable to this virus.

The fact that young healthy individuals like us don't get very sick when we get the virus actually contributes to its spreading, because while we're not gonna experience any major symptoms, we can still spread the virus to the vulnerable ones. If there were any severe or clear symptoms, it'd be massively easier to identify and quarantine those who had it, which would massively reduce its spreading. Kinda sounds like Plague.Inc, but it's unrealistic to think this virus will evolve into a deadlier virus all at once when it has affected enough people like they do in the game.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its more or less wiped out the stock of hand wipes and toilet paper where i live. It seems like a lot of panic and a lot of tours for bands I was hoping to see have been canceled.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shinne

@mossbeard said:

Its more or less wiped out the stock of hand wipes and toilet paper where i live. It seems like a lot of panic and a lot of tours for bands I was hoping to see have been canceled.

Any events that involve people from a lot of different areas gathering into one place are major contributors to Covid19's spread. One might have the virus without knowing it, and spread it to people around him who would eventually create new outbreaks in their own respective areas.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Millions of people are gonna die. But, I can understand why viners would be largely unbothered since it’s mainly going to kill old people and people with pre existing conditions. Average viner is probably still under 40...

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Millions of people are gonna die.

Well, this is assuming the worst case scenario where they won't find the cure at all. Let's just hope that's not going to be the case.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AbstractRaze

@mickey-mouse said:

Millions of people are gonna die. But, I can understand why viners would be largely unbothered since it’s mainly going to kill old people and people with pre existing conditions. Average viner is probably still under 40...

I have a couple of theories.

China's population is insanely huge, that's why they introduced the 1 child policy which in some sense worked but it forcefully created a demographic problem, low amount a youth to many old people, the west is suffering under this phenomenon too, but it was something spontaneous, while in the case of China it was a life planning imposed by the Communist Chinese government.

I consider the Chinese heartless, not all of them, but most of them are stone cold people, and the Coronavirus is no more and less than a created virus by the Chinese government in order to get rid of their elders, and once more again, gain advantage over the Western or first world demographic issue.

I consider the Chinese elite, as people ready to sell their souls to the devil in order to gain any advantage, no matter which way.

Loading Video...

PS:

With this I'm not saying that we will not meet this fate, but if we as the western civilization, we don't procreate enough in order to secure our retirement when we are old, this could happen to us as well.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: You need to consider that most of these "elites" are mostly old people who'd also be vulnerable to the virus. This virus is also straight up destroying China's economy, though it's also destroying others' in the process, but that's mainly because China is very important to the international economy.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AbstractRaze

@lan_fan said:

@abstractraze: You need to consider that most of these "elites" are mostly old people who'd also be vulnerable to the virus. This virus is also straight up destroying China's economy, though it's also destroying others' in the process, but that's mainly because China is very important to the international economy.

But they have enough wealth to protect themselves, to keep themselves constantly isolated.

Yeah, 'temporarily', but in the long run, an imoral relief for the Chinese economy, the more elders die by the Coronavirus, the less taxmoney must be invested on them through their social and healthcare institutions, and since China has huge lack of young people paying taxes due to their fertility crisis, there we have it.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I know this all is F up, but humanity dwarfs even the devil self and it is not the first time that China kills their own people, totally natural for them, in fact, Mao committed the biggest genocide worldwide.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering my mother has Lupus, yeah a virus like this is pretty damn concerning for me in regards to her. Gonna have to cancel a trip to New Orleans that I had been planning with a cousin I hadn’t seen in over a decade cause I don’t want to risk potentially getting it and possibly giving it to my mother

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My university extended spring break by an extra week. At least for now it's just one extra week. There's been speculation that they'll make all our classes online for the rest of the semester.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damn thing cancelled March Madness.

Also yes people are overreacting, you'd think the world would be ending tomorrow by the way the news is covering it and by the way people are mass buying toilet paper.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are people overreacting? As always the truth is somewhere in between. People clearing shelves of toilet paper and hand sanitizer probably are. The media coverage likely is and isnt'. It's reporting numbers of new cases and relevant closures, which is responsible reporting, but it's also inciting fear by over-reporting 24/7. Canceling events is not an overreaction as we should be trying to stop or slow the spread as much as possible.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration: Imo yes ppl are overreacting. The Flu is arguably a worse epidemic/more dangerous. But social media let Corona blow up and get in everyone’s head like Ebola did in 2016(?)

SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My university extended spring break by an extra week. At least for now it's just one extra week. There's been speculation that they'll make all our classes online for the rest of the semester.

This happened for me too, except all online classes is confirmed.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shinne

@angeljax said:

@supremegeneration: Imo yes ppl are overreacting. The Flu is arguably a worse epidemic/more dangerous. But social media let Corona blow up and get in everyone’s head like Ebola did in 2016(?)

Covid19 is definitely deadlier than a normal flu. We currently have nothing to directly get rid of the virus yet, so we're pretty much required to rely on our immune system to resist it. When people with compromised immune system get a regular flu, we have a medicine to directly combat it... But with Corona, all we can get is a supportive care. If the virus works faster than your white blood cells, you're pretty much screwed. Regular flu kills more people, because we're not actively trying to stop its spreading. Covid19 has a way higher mortality rate, even if it's actually not that impressive. It's just not as common as regular flu.

Ebola is more preventable because its severity is way higher than Covid19. It's easy to identify and quarantine people who have Ebola because the symptoms are very clear. 80% of Covid19 cases are mild, likely higher, but those 80% can still spread the virus to others who are not as lucky.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never know what to make of this stuff.

On one hand, if you listen to your local radio stations, the CDC and personal health professionals, they'll tell you most people will not contract this, and you have a higher risk if you are someone that travels and has lots of contact with different people. In most cases, if you do contract it, you will be fine, and even if you are of advanced age and have pre existing health conditions, it isn't necessarily a death sentence. The main fear is how quickly it can spread and the hospitals being over burdened with sick people at once...which is realistic and understandable.

If you listen to social media then this is officially a Chinese bio weapon that will instantly kill anyone over 50 and will damage your nervous system after you recover from it and everyone must be instantly and constantly tested and half the population of the planet will die.

The testing is weird anyway, I mean, I get why they would do it, but, what if you get tested, you are fine, and then somebody sneezes on you an hour later, do you get tested again?? Then what if you are OK the second time and then you touch something that you suspect someone that had the virus touched?? Do you get tested like 3 times in one day?? Seems weird and like it would be inaccurate.

At any rate, I am always amused by stuff like this; after Trump won the presidency of the US, I was amazed how everyone on the internet, no matter what their actual occupation was in real life, is now an expert political analyst. Similarly, I am amazed how now everyone seems to magically an expert on influenza and epidemiology.

Either way, the economy is pretty F'd.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@lan_fan said:
Most of us here would likely be okay if we got the virus, but preventing the spread is very important as babies, elderlies, as well as people who already have major sickness such as heart disease, HIV, and diabetes are vulnerable to this virus.

There is more. Different types of respiratory diseases including but not limited asthma. Also high blood pressure.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Uni got cancelled and I was buzzing. Then Portugal started closing all its clubs and bars and our lads holiday in a week is ruined.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My SAT got canceled.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AbstractRaze
Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I think it's pretty obvious which one is the more reliable source here. Also, most people like me who have no background in health and science are simply passing informations we found somewhere else, let it be health professionals or the media. I think the media is really full of false hypes, so I refrain myself from spreading their words.

@dernman said:
@lan_fan said:
Most of us here would likely be okay if we got the virus, but preventing the spread is very important as babies, elderlies, as well as people who already have major sickness such as heart disease, HIV, and diabetes are vulnerable to this virus.

There is more. Different types of respiratory diseases including but not limited asthma. Also high blood pressure.

True.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who's buying 3 months of TP is overreacting

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

Stays alive on a surface for three days, you CAN re-catch it once you have had it. The virus has bat and pengolin traces and may have originated in a Wuhan wet market. It is extremely contagious and has put folks in their prime in ICU worldwide. It is airborne so you can inhale it with clean hands. etc. etc.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Chinese are not responsible for the spread the foreign leaders who allowed travel to continue once they knew it was starting are the culprits for the pandemic status.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spring/summer will have NO effect as the Virus is already rampaging across warm climates like Austrailia and the Middle East.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Self Isolate until local testing is complete.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@cattlebattle: I think it's pretty obvious which one is the more reliable source here. Also, most people like me who have no background in health and science are simply passing informations we found somewhere else, let it be health professionals or the media. I think the media is really full of false hypes, so I refrain myself from spreading their words.

There is all sorts of misinformation about it. Just like anything else.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am hearing 8-12 weeks of Italy style living is in the cards for parts of the U.S. soon.

turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Instead of listening to U.S. media seek out the info you seek through a country who has it under control. Our country got caught sleeping.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AbstractRaze

@lan_fan: How is Indonesia doing so far? I heard that they're efficiently fending off this pandemic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2414030c5e3
deactivated-5f2414030c5e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We will all die ! Don't panic ! ><

jake_fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quiet so far in Alabama, hope everyone is staying safe

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: How is Indonesia doing so far? I heard that they're efficiently fending off this pandemic.

We're doing okay, but we're not doing anything out of the ordinary against the virus compared to other countries. Our healthcare system is below average, so there's that. The worst thing Covid19 has done is creating panic, and I'd say Indonesians are particularly very gullible. It's not looking good. I'm not that much worried about the virus, but damn, these overreacting people are destroying themselves and they're dragging everyone with them.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FaradaySloth

Kek I got two weeks off from school. It sure as hell won't stop growing in my area by the time the two weeks are up, which potentially means I get April off as well.

Only thing that sucks is no sports.

So binge watching anime I will.

P.S. It must suck if you live in Britain, wtf is with this herd immunity bullshit? Are all of you trying to get infected? Good luck none the less.