Poll Cougar vs. Gorilla (35 votes)

The cougar! 29%
The gorilla! 54%
The cougar, and the gorilla. They both kill themselves... 17%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round 1- Cougar v. Gorilla, 1v1

Round 2- 10 Cougars v. 10 Gorillas, 10v10

Round 3- Every character in fiction who is a cougar v. Every character in fiction who is a gorilla. Who takes it?!

• 
Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cougar stomps. Cougars are no different than Leopards who often predates gorillas in nature. IIRC they also have a higher bite force. The gorilla is yawning, and the cougar is snarling in these 2pics. Cougars, They are able to kill adult Elk and Moose on occasion. Also they could easily carry a elk and moose up a tree using only one mouth too if they wanted to. They tend to be less dangerous to humans as they don't live areas of high human density like Leopards do in India for example, and they tend to have more placid temperaments (mostly because they face less interspecific competition). Cougars only really deal with Wolves, Bears, Wolverines, and Jackals in relatively low density, while Leopards have to deal with Cheetahs, Striped, Brown and Spotted Hyenas, Lions, African Wild Dogs, Crocodiles and Jackals across their African range and Wolves, Tigers, Lions, Dholes and Bears in their Asian range.

The only round the gorilla wins is the last one .King Kong solos.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy:

About the leopard predation on gorillas (based on the accounts I read):

1. There was a case where a leopard and a silverback were both found dead after a fight. There are no more other details so we really don't know whether a leopard killed a healthy prime alpha silverback, if it was face to face and if it was in some daylight scenario. There are simply no other details to really come to a conclusion.

2. The second case I know of, a leopard jumped a sleeping silverback at night and sent him rolling downhill. The leopard was gone the next morning and the gorilla found dead. The body was taken for an autopsy and it didn't state he was weak or ill. But we can assume he was moderately healthy. It didn't really say he was a healthy specimen in prime condition. And need I say more? This was an coward act. If you want to fight a man, don't fight a man while the man's sleeping...

Also...

Gorillas see even badly than humans when the subject is seeing in the dark, so its really his biggest disadvantage. Now put these encounters to be in a face to face and in daylight scenario, we would see a lot more of the gorilla's abilities in combat!

3. There aren't many accounts of gorillas fighting anything for real though. I mean, fighting with others gorillas for being the leader of the pack of course it's not a fight till the death situation. Of both gorillas, one will retreat one hour when they see that they are really being hurt, and the leader will now go on his way with the family, and also forget the loser. So I don't really think we can just base assumptions off a select few cases where they came off poorly and with other animals though.

For instance if say a rhino killed a tiger, it would probably go unreported because its not impressive. But if it was vice versa, it would be because its extraordinary. I imagine the same would apply here. IMO that for every leopard that felled a gorilla, many more have failed and been beaten. But of course its not had been reported, because its really not impressive. It's actually predictable a rhino kill a tiger like shit, and the gorilla kills a leopard like shit.

4. So my conclusion is that based on these select few accounts we have, it does appear that gorillas are very vulnerable to ambush and clawing shortly after (in ambush encounters).

Which is sort of irrelevant because this is face to face. Which I think face to face, the gorilla wins, it's an bigger animal than the puma.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorillas are much heavier

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clint_eastwood: Leopards have killed Healthy Elands, and Cougars can hunt and kill adult Elk and Moose (rare but not impossible - of course if feeling so much famine at the point of die they WILL take down a elk and moose). There are live witness accounts of Adult Tigers killing Asian elephants, although they usually hunt them in small groups. In fact, Tigers Roars have demonstrated being effective in scaring Elephants away from farms and fields, things like that they like to raid. Also the Lynx, it can hunt the Deer more than 4 times its own body weight. Even Cheetahs who are usually thought as "weak" can hunt Adult Wildebeest, Good Sized Zebras, Kudu and Ostrich all in small groups and even a whole pack of wildebeests, ostriches or zebras cannot take down a determined cheetah sometimes. This is feline's side...

Now primate's side. Primates rely alot on the strength of the troop and on a bluff to deter predators. Keep in mind that if a Gorilla is close enough to "ragdoll the cat" it is close enough to get clawed or bitten and encore a significant blood loss. It's not like the gorilla can stretch his arm from a considerable distance of not being bitten or clawed like a superhero. There is strong evidence of Leopards killing Gorrila's in fairly direct encounters. Google Books can already help you with that... With Cougars, of course, it's more speculative, there is no reason to rule out a victory for a cougar unless you highly overvalue the abilities of a Gorilla (which the media has helped to perpetuate). You would think Gorillas would be a solid matchup for Lions given the way people talk about them lol. Cougar blitzes here.

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yejj: Size's not everything. The small cougar will totally bleed the Gorilla here.

Big Cats are the world with the most individual awesomeness of fearsome predators (Lion and Tiger - I think being a better predator than these two at the same time just the Shark) and they outcompete Canids like Pitbull, Kangals and Mastiffs for a reason. You see, there is always kangals killing wolves, pitbulls killing wildboars, mastiffs killing the two at the same time, but you will never see any dog hunting a big cat... The dog's first instinct is to back off when seeing a big cat. And no, there is no exaggeration. http://www.vancouversun.com/life/bull+survives+cougar+attack+sunshine+coast/11015221/story.html Look how this pit bull got injured after a cougar caught him. You can tell the cougar almost ripped his face off. I bet the cougar did all that to him and STILL walked out of the fight without a scratch though... Big Cats > Canids, Simians.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy:

Well, yes, I think you're highly overexaggerating. I don't think a Cougar could kill an adult Bull Moose that weighs over half a ton. It would most get oneshoted by it. Like every predatory animal the cougar spots the weakest links in his prey pattern. It's the same with the Leopard; a Leopard won't attack a full grown male Eland, it would get crushed to dust. And as far as the Gorilla is concerned, you are right that the weight advantage is way less than facing an Eland or a Moose but a Gorilla is a foe that should not be underestimated TOO. You are also right that the ape is vulnerable to the claws of the cat, however, it might be twice or three times as strong. I just can't imagine any Cougar or Leopard pulling a victory off in such face to face combat. Even if not carnivore, a gorilla can be considered a beast. A cat winning? Much by the contrary, I can see the cat being tossed around like a rag doll to be honest. In my opinion the Jaguar, the Lion and the Tiger are the only big cats that can kill a full grown silverback. But I am open to change my mind if there is enough evidence of adult male silverbacks getting killed or severely injured by a Leopard in a straight fight. Peace.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: you again man???

For God's sake, lol.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: Actually the cougar will do even worse than a leopard because the former has NO experience fighting large primates.

And as I often like to say.....

The gorilla will pick up that little kitty by the scruff of his neck and smash him into the concrete, breaking every bone in its body.

www.petersenshunting.com/2012/05/16/man-fights-off-mountain-lion-with-frying-pan/ Man fought off a mountain lion with a fry pan. Hahaha, like... SERIOUSLY?

A punch from a gorilla could break the mountain lion's entire face. I know they don't punch... but still.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sundown89

I'm not sure where people are getting pumas taking down moose are getting this statement from. Now I can see puma taking down goats, deer and guanaco but nothing as big as a moose (not sure what we mean by elk here, since in Europe it's a term for describing moose). Size wise pumas are a little larger than a leopard, but besides humans, likely don't come across large primates like the great apes or larger baboon species very often whereas leopards definitely feed upon and have fed on a wide range of extant and extinct primates. Additionally, while pumas are 'large cats' they are not related to the five Panthera species and as such are not big cats (this is a nit-pick more than anything else).

Now leopards do hunt and on occasional kill gorillas but it's almost always from ambush from behind and above in the trees. Granted puma can almost certainly climb but as far as they know all hunts start from ambush on the ground. Can a puma kill a gorilla? Debatable if we agree the fight starts with an ambush then yes, pumas may be able to kill a gorilla with some difficulty, but head-to-head victory is more in the gorilla's favour.

Also, while I know cheetahs form bachelor groups for survival and relay hunting, but they are fragile and have awful endurance. Cheetahs often back down when prey fights back because they are so designed for speed, that any injury is likely a death sentence.

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clint_eastwood: @shoto_todoroki: Cougars can claw the gorilla to death. What is the gorilla defense against claws? Opposable thumbs? Baaar ha ha ha ha. Having stated all this, I admit there is a small possibility face to face where a cougar or leopard wins. If somehow the ape is unable to get a single grab onto the cat. The big cat can use his superior speed to evade and continuously claw away at the ape then he can wear it down then kill it.

In fact I'd even go as far as to claim (as absurd as it sounds) that the leopard/cougar's smaller size gives it an advantage lions/tigers don't have. Because they are more agile lesser of a target for the gorilla's arms. So he'll be harder for the ape to catch. 1 cut will not be fatal but 12-20 cuts all landing on the ape will severely handicape its ability to fight. Still in a zoo encounter, a Leopard once leaped into a Cougars cage to provoke a confrontation and was badly mauled with just one paw. While the Cougar itself suffered the slightest kind of injury and walked away from the murder scene like a model parading. Cougar > Leopard, as well.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: Hard to believe that without any

evidence.

Now there is the argument coming from you that cougars hunt large prey like elk whereas gorillas can't so the cat will win. I personally don't think this theory holds water. The gorilla is much more intelligent, agile, flexible, and can defend itself from every direction. Most importantly, it has hands with which would be mainly used to grasp and manipulate the cougar.

Plus it is the silverback's role as the dominant male to be the troop's protector. Therefore a silverback would have fighting experience already with leopards and rival males. The same experience a cougar has because a cougar is a born hunter, so its good we have both experienced combatants in this thread. Coming back, if he felt the cougar was threatening his family, he would attack it ferociously and kill it. Which would fight harder, a cougar looking for a meal? Or a silverback protecting his family? Think about it.

Also gorillas have powerful hands and jaws that can crack tough vegetation including bamboo like biscuits. Also do you guys know bamboo has a higher tensile strength than steel? Yeah, gorillas still easily break them. I've videos where a CALM gorilla broke open a tree as if it was a bag of chips and pulled down a tree with 1 hand. Also in captivity, gorillas have been observed bending steel bars, stretching car tires (Bushman), and pulling out tightly screwed ceiling planks.

Based on this, the gorilla's power to break, manipulate, lift, bend, and tear strong objects would be devastating. A human or ape can break an opponent's grip by prying open the fingers or grabbing and pulling the limbs of the opponent away from us. A cougar does not have this option, lacking monstrously powerful hands with which to break free of the ape's grip.

So yeah, a Gorilla could beat a cougar or force the coug to retreat. Cougars again are relatively shy (hence why human fatalities are rare) and their instincts would probably be confused around a peculiar POSSIBLE prey item. On the other hand, a Gorilla would likely be smart enough to see the Cougar as a threat already and take the initiative via an hand-attack or mock charge, which might frighten the cougar away and turns a big cat into a pussycat. No, don't make a mistake about it, because Cougars are perfectly capable of killing them too.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: he got no evidence of a Cougar killing an adult healthy bull moose, Or an adult tiger killing a bull elephant (which seems a bit ridiculous unless it's a juvenile elephant xD). Or full evidence of leopards killing gorrillas in direct encounters. And cats rely a lot on their surprise effect, ambush, blaaah coming right out of the bushes or a good amount of leaves - but this is a 1v1 combat. The Cougar can't sneak up camofulaged to the Gorilla, or catch the gorilla on his back in order to deliver a deadly bite to the side of neck/throat. It's face to face, and the Cougar is simply getting his skull cracked, because the gorilla tramples it ^.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shoto_todoroki: I thought as much, still always wise to check then when it does turn out to be false you can hit 'em with the 'Where are your primary or even secondary sources' retort.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: This is real animal vs. animal fight, not comics animal vs. animal fight. Understand, pumas are not accustomed in a straight to straight fight, most of the time they catch the victim distracted, the main way they get out of fighting wild bears or wolves is by ambushing jumping in their backs. Gorilla also have teeth canines. A gorilla is an opponent that only a bear or an elephant would be able to bring down in less than seconds. Hippo, rhinos too but anyway. A puma is not able to bring down, any prey that can actually fight back. Again where's the evidence of leopard engaging with gorills in situations gorillas aren't distracted?

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@sundown89: Yeah, gorilla wins. (Don't take that joke serious lol)

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shoto_Todoroki
No Caption Provided

@sundown89: @clint_eastwood: "Leopard and gorilla found dead with mutually inflicted wounds."

It's awesome he says the leopard killed the gorilla. Not that both were killed in the encounter.

¯\_(?)_/¯

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Clint_Eastwood
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@shoto_todoroki: I think its safe to say that this fight could go either way and ends in a firm tie in slight favor of the gorilla as it may intimidate the cougar. Cheers!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19 Lunacyde  Moderator

A cougar isn't taking down a moose. Get out of here.

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorilla negative diff

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yejj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shoto_todoroki: @sundown89: @clint_eastwood@lunacyde@yejj

When it comes to Bigcats, they are designed and evolved to kill prey animals much larger than themselves.The evolution had made them the perfect hunters, killers and predators.

When you see the Bigcats anatomy the are perfectly built and designed for strength, agility, force, endurance and speed.

Bigcats have powerful retractable claws which helps them to grapple and hold on to prey and bring them down, they have much powerful bit force to suffocate or break the neck or spine of the prey animal.

When it comes to the great apes, the gorilla is a very powerful animal, they have very strong forelimbs. But they share the down sides similar to all great apes. They are not so agile as bigcats, they dont have claws to make serious in injuries by slashing or by holding, they dont have powerful bite force like bigcats (jaguar alone holds more bitepower than any primate), there jaws are not big enough to make a serious injury, the jaws of the gorilla is good enough to make some surface injuries but they are not as wide or big as that of cougar. Gorilla cant suffocate big prey animals or break there spine or neck. Gorillas like other great apes do have thin skin and surface running blood vessels, this makes them much more vulnerable when encountering a cougar.

No Caption Provided

I would say the cougar would win by hemorrhaging the gorilla. @lunacyde where are your arguments btw??? Go on, write at least one paragraph and then we can start this conversation, okay? To even start this conversation. same goes to @yejj.

Gorillas cannot withstand claw wounds.

Facts!!!!

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: About 74% of adult male gorillas have healed cranial wounds from conflicts regarding dominance. These wounds are caused primarily by biting. Even though gorillas are predominantly herbivores there bite strength is tough especially considering how robust gorilla skulls are.

In addition there have a lot of Type II Fast Twitch Muscles allowing a lot of explosive power when reacting. There’s footage of a gorilla pulling a coconut in half. To merely crack a coconut takes about 100kgs of force.

Assuming two things; one that both animals are healthy and two this is a fave to face conflict with no puma ambush then the cat hasn’t got much of a chance to beat a gorilla, especially when a human jogger was able to strangle one to death. True it was a juvenile but then humans aren’t gorillas…

Also stop calling pumas big cats, taxonomical speaking they are not that closely related to the five Panthera (big cats) or two Neofelis species and more closely related to lynx, caracel and ocelot.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-7034113786f7dc7d4fef763d91b99183

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: Personal bias keep telling you the puma is stronger. And actually Gorillas are more than willing to fight to the death, being predator or not they are still wild animals. Or not? Try to pet a gorilla then for you to see what they can do. A elephant can hurt the majority of the animals without even trying it, but in this thread we are not talking about a elephant. Gorillas can fight to the death too. They are not after food but they are protecting their own family, AND a gorilla is willing to DIE for his family, this photo is not photoshop.

No Caption Provided

And this in a zoo, being in captivity... imagine in the wild.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: Unless the cougar punctured the gorilla's head at the beginning of the ambush attack with these claws, then the gorilla wins. The gorilla is just pure, unabated muscle and the teeth are made to penetrate. It can rip humans in 2 while juggling. A puma wouldn't stand a chance after an few seconds.

Also, I doubt you will say you're wrong regarding the "cougar hunting moose" argument. I feel like you are underestimating the sheer size of an adult male moose. A quick Google search puts one anywhere between 380 kg and 700 kg. The largest gorilla individual was Guhonda who was something like 200 kg or similar. Cougars range from 53 to 100 kg.

Guhonda, the 200 kg gorilla
Guhonda, the 200 kg gorilla

Now show the biggest cougar individual to me. And let's compare.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gorilla can win here due to the intimidation factor and bigger size. Chimps would lose badly against the cougar though. Chimps cannot even handle leopards, let alone someone like a cougar (not the ones from Brazil) which is significantly larger, and with a more improved arsenal (cougars are also having sharper claws, bigger teeths, etc, than a leopard). In nature, occurrences always show chimpanzees hunting leopards in groups, as alone they would not have the slightest chance. I recognize their intelligence, but intelligence isn't everything in a fight. Like I said, they can't even handle leopards, let alone a cougar who is much more superior.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: I believe the ‘leopards’ in Brazil your referring to are jaguars which are a totally different animal. Pumas and leopards are about the same size and take prey in the same size range, the only non superficial difference is that leopards haul prey up to twice their weight into trees for later consumption and protection from scavengers.

Avatar image for uxasgodoflordsz
UxasGodOfLordsZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: There are no leopards in Brazil. Those are Jaguars.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uxasgodoflordsz: @sundown89

Loading Video...

Yeah I know. In Brazil, jaguar is another animal, this is a onça pintada, in English you don't have a specific word for onça but you can call the animal jaguar (spotted = pintada/manchada) but this is not the exact name. Jaguar is like the same animal but without stains. This animal is very common in the Amazon rainforests. I actually said COUGARS from BRAZIL. And there are cougars in Brazil no doubt but they're too small to even be a threat at least to gorillas (video above proves it).

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: Yeah it wasn’t particularly clear if it was a mention of ‘leopard’ or puma. No harm done and apologies for the misunderstanding.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#34 frozen  Moderator

Gorilla wins. Much heavier and stronger. Cougars may be similar size to Leopards but they're different.

Phoenixblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: No problems, man, it's alright. I'm in an debate so why not having people correcting/or questioning me? On thread, though.

A human male can discourage a cougar that is trying to hunt him. Any resistance at all will deter a solitary cat. But in this case, the gorilla would be the one pressing the attack. And if the cougar thinks its life is at stake, it will react with force. But gorilla's durable enough to take the punishment the cougar will be dishing out until the cougar loses its wind, the only real chance it would have to win. Cougar vs chimp though. The cougar would practically flay the poor ape alive, take it to the ground like it does the elk it preys on, and dispatch it with a savage bite to the back of the neck.. If the gorilla presses the attack, the cougar will feel threatened. And when these cats feel threatened, they lash out savagely. They waste energy when they do so, so opponents of similar power may occasionally be able to wait them out and kill them when they lose wind, but an cougar is nowhere near being strong enough or durable enough to withstand the wrath of a larger ape creature.

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By somayareece

Hulk vs Loki - Avengers, 2012

RDCDesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The bulk of recorded gorillas killed by Leopards were all sick or juvenile gorillas. Leopards would have a hard time killing a healthy male adult gorilla, especially without sustaining injuries itself. And leopards > cougars.

In a head up fight the cougar fighting style for its weight class makes it a liability. It’s a pouncer. It will try to jump on the gorilla or attack its back, seething it’s claws and teeth into its skin or neck. But the counter attack from the gorilla will be lethal. If it grabs the Cougar it can physically break its bones of whatever part of body its grabbing. And Gorilla counter strikes will and can do serious brain damage to the cougar, if it attacks the head. Gorilla mid diff with a few bite and scratch wounds.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phoenixblue: No problem and I agree, was literally talking about the Sydenham Puma encounter yesterday evening and how the guy defending his dog was able to fight it off until the Met arrived.

Context - The Sydenham Puma was likely an escaped pet or zoo animal since the UK isn’t typically part of their range. As of this comment the puma is still at large.

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: @phoenixblue: Exactly, you guys. I have yet to see someone fighting a gorilla like many people fought cougars with they bare hands, frying pans, etc. A well trained dogo named morocho killed 1 puma and saved 2 little girls... It got a grab of the neck and didn't let it go

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Cambatta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"LEOPARDS HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO TAKE SILVERBACK GORILLAS" there is ABSOLUTELY NO CONCRETE PROOF of this....only a theory BASED ON CIRSCUMTANTIAL EVIDENCE.... any people judging by this fake statement is rottening our conquered reputation as the best site of threads around the world.... no first hand witness...' ... no video evhidence' .... no info on the health, size, age, condition of the male gorilla prior to death....

Gorilla really stomps here. Simply because a human unarmed can give somewhat of a fight to a cougar, and a gorila is very similar to a human, that's what the scientists say, but with 5x the strength and fierce. but I dont think its gonna be like “the cougar will jump at me, I will dodge, I will get behind it in the half nelson position, then pinch the nerve, strike the arterial bone, it willswipe, I will block and debilitate the jaw with an elbow strike, finish with a dropkick” a ninja style its just not a gorilla's way of fight though. And - I recognize the intelect, but intelect might not be that useful for such fight. I would like also to mention that a cougar also has its own killing strategies. Like some guy also said, a cougar can also fight dirty and just ambush Harambe from the top of the tree, giving him zero chances to react this time. But if it's a head on head fight, gorilla massacres.

King_Isshiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cougar claws him. High diff.

Avatar image for deactivated-63837219937e9
deactivated-63837219937e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorila has one of the strongest bites in the animal kingdom and a lot of strength in the limbs are agile even though they are big, I'm sure a casual hit like that would hurt a cougar a lot, maybe even kill it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkWkzh8MF-

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

😂😂😂

People here believing a gorilla even stands a chance. oh god.

Cougar got too much of a sharp claws, and better agility and speed on top of that.

It doesn't take much effort to notice that the Cougar has sharper teeth overall and mostly longer canines, the Cougar's bite is designed to more easily penetrate the flesh of prey with the canines and other teeth having cutting functions, while the Gorilla's bite, as seen earlier, has more strength, but is designed for crushing, but also has fangs for defense. The difference is that cougqars are predators and gorillas are sedentary animals that live by eating bamboo. In terms of combat, the cougars dentition is more advantageous due to the fact that they are sharper and mainly because of the more developed canines, so in this rivalry, the cougar is superior. So, here I want to make it very clear, that in NO situation will a gorilla ever beat a leopard, or a cougar, no matter the weight or height. Gorillas have sensitive skin compared to Felidae claws, and even if it managed to dispatch a leopard / or cougar with A LOT of effort, it is scientifically and biologically proven that it would then either die from internal bleeding or from hemorrhage. If I were a gorilla, I wouldn't want to face any medium-sized and upward feline.

No Caption Provided

Haha, game over.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: A cougar or a moose would either eviscerate a gorilla. Your point? 'Cause I've heard stories of cougars killing mooses (similar to leopards killing guerillas) with one swipe, while the gorillas die by mutual wounds inflicted in a fight with a leopard. My cousin also hit a wolverine (I mean the animal) with her car when I was a kid, she totaled the car and the wolvie just stumbled off, and the body was never found so it lived. And those were motherfucking wolverines, the lightweight bitches of the animal world, while cougars, mooses are just scary motherf*ckers and REAL, but REAL heavyweight ones. By my calculations, a gorilla would get wrecked.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sundown89

@mxy: Okay so your exert while proving that, yes leopards can kill gorillas also points out how this happens. The fight was initiated when the gorilla was sleeping which gave the leopard. Many people here stated that leopards don’t predate gorillas, but leopards don’t go up to gorillas and fight them MK style as the initial post likely sets out.

I agree a bull moose could at the very least do massive damage to a gorilla. As for puma predation on moose all I can find is the cats taking young, injured or trapped moose, which yes is typical predator but again in a head in one on one fight doesn’t prove anything.

As for the wolverine tale you have a mixture of a totalled car on a road presumably in a woodland, also presumably with significant time between the impact and search. I’m almost certain that the wolverine limped off but as someone who works as an ecologist it is hard to find an individual animal in a large habitat. Even if the wolverine got a km away from the road you can’t easily check every part of a on radius around the road let alone every hole or tree hollow it could have slipped into to die.

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Frozone

Lel.

Easily a silverback. Silverback gorillas have been recorded snapping a two inch thick tempered steel bar. Without even really trying. With that amount of strength, he could easily snap the puma's back. It doesn’t matter that the puma can climb gorillas also can to some extent. Swimming? They can sorta do that too. Sorry but the cougar stands no chance unless it uses a really secret sneak attack.

Frozone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: Don't argue with that fool.

Leopards are actually fairly small “big cats”. They are amazingly strong… They can carry a good-sized prey animal right up a tree and eat it at their leisure. However, the late Col. Akely killed one essentially bare-handed….. After a prolonged fight in which he was severely mauled…. Ackely was a big, powerful guy and the leopard had been wounded in the leg (which is why it attacked). But even so…. Our Gorilla might suffer some bites and scratches but these critters are seriously strong

Mxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@frozone: You both trying to argue against reality though.

Recorded tempered thick steel. Is this a joke right? This is nonsense. Gorrilas aren't Captain America.

Show me one evidence, just one evidence of gorilla snapping steels. Ain't happening.

I've heard stories about the cougars killing the goddamn bull mooses with one swipe. At the point of even decapitating their heads. People really don't get the size, speed and power of the Big Cats Family. I get that gorillas are fearless, but how is it going to even kill the cougar? Clawing / against punching would be absolutely worthless and hes not going to choke it out. Because gorillas don't fight this way. So, a wild cougar would easily kill a gorilla.

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxy: Bring me this story about an adult moose being decapitated with a single strike that seems so far from reality. And pumas are not big cats, yes they are large, but big cat refers to members of the Panthera genus, which pumas are not.