Cops kill a man, one of them pins him by the neck with his knee, as the man screams ''I can't breath''

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By skywalker95
Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very sad. RIP. I hope those cops are fired and punished.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of training do police get in the USA? Because this seems like the kind of thing they'd get constantly warned about when taught how to hold a suspect in check.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cocacolaman  Moderator

Those cops are horrible. They need to be fired ASAP. Even if the dude on the ground was a murderer, which I'm seriously doubting he did anything overly serious, they aren't allowed to do that stuff when they aren't in danger.

The worst thing is that plenty of people are going to focus more on him being a black man than they are on him being a human.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have kicked that Asian man in the balls shoved that dude off of him. Like, wtf is wrong with them?

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cocacolaman  Moderator

@hulk_like_fire: These terrible kind of cops would arrest you and do their best to make sure you don't get parole. Not saying they'd beat you in court, but these people had a choice, and they didn't have the balls to choose what's right over what's easy.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hulk_Like_Fire

@cocacolaman: What would you have done in that situation? If you were the bystander.

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

still pinning the guy after he passed out

just pure evil

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hulk_Like_Fire
SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SquadDoubleYou

@hulk_like_fire said:

@squaddoubleyou: I'm pretty sure he dies. R.I.P if he did.

yeah, I think it probably bend and broke his cervical, never heard someone die to hypoxia from pinning its back neck like this

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cocacolaman  Moderator

@hulk_like_fire: I honestly don't know. I like to think I'd turn into some adrenaline beast and take on all the cops at the same time, because that whole scene was jacked up, but in reality I'd probably just get KOed by the Asian dude before I ever got to the pinned guy and not do anything but get myself arrested.

Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cocacolaman: exactly. But the Asian man looks fat. I can probably take him down. But it might be a 2 on 1. At least the dude would have been saved.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anthp2000  Moderator

One quick search tells me that this man "physically resisted the cops arresting him" after investigating of a report of forgery in progress.

Forgery. This man got suffocated to death in cold blood for reports of forgery... U.S. cops are not trying anymore. R.I.P. to Mr. Floyd.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AbstractRaze

Those are the risks for opposing the authorities, if one gets unfairly arrested, so be it, physically opposing the authorities won't help but it will get you killed.

The only way to beat such injustice, is through an attorney and demand reparation, very simple, you won't get a scratch and you will get paid.

-

The people were clearly saying that he's not moving anymore, that means that he did before being pinned down or not , most probably resisting, so that's what happens.

PS:

Death is around the corner, maybe the suspect can look harmless, but very deadly, such as this latino.

Loading Video...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

Wow.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@abstractraze: The guy was face down, hands cuffed behind his back, and shirtless. If there was a weapon, they'd have found it already.

The people were clearly saying that he's not moving anymore, that means that he did before being pinned down or not , most probably resisting, so that's what happens.

He didn't die before being pinned down, he was very clearly saying "I can't breath". He didn't go completely still until a few minutes later.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The chances are this psychotic, fascist pig will be let off the hook. Cops protect cops, and police brutality is now an institutionalized phenomenon. It's protected.

Loading Video...

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

@zetsu-san: Considering the guy you're responding to said this:

Those are the risks for opposing the authorities, if one gets unfairly arrested, so be it, physically opposing the authorities won't help but it will get you killed.

I don't think there's any point in trying to reason. Some people don't seem to know the differnce between self defence and cold blooded killing.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: I mean, he's not wrong. Physically opposing the police won't help the situation, it'll only escalate it. If you're 100% cooperative and they kill you anyways, then that means you were kind of screwed either way. Physically resisting and being uncooperative will only either escalate beyond what it might have been, or (if they were going to kill you anyways) risk giving enough "reasonable doubt" for the officer to get away with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Considering the guy you're responding to said this:

I don't think there's any point in trying to reason. Some people don't seem to know the differnce between self defence and cold blooded killing.

I agree, there's no point arguing with that guy. There's a clear lack of empathy in his statement.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

things wont change until in the usa more ppl care for this than what product kylie jenner released.

you can protest as much as you want.

ppl in america have no idea how to properly handle things.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AbstractRaze

@zetsu-san said:

@abstractraze: The guy was face down, hands cuffed behind his back, and shirtless. If there was a weapon, they'd have found it already.

He didn't die before being pinned down, he was very clearly saying "I can't breath". He didn't go completely still until a few minutes later.

We don't know what happened before he was pinned down.

Well, then any dangerous criminal is welcome to repeat the same magic words, gain the required advantage to harm the police officers.

I mean...

"I exercised resistance against the authorities and now that I'm pinned down for that, I will parrot that I can't breathe, so that I can exercise resistance again".

No Caption Provided

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell. Those cops( no they're not cops but murderers.) Cops would never do this. Horrifying. They gotta be sued and put in prison for the rest of their lives!

BlobfishAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, what did the guy do? I need more info. If he is some sort of drug lord/contract killer or maybe murdered the cops family I could see why he did that. But if this guy is just being racist, he should be fired and put in prison for murder. I need more info. Don't jump to conclusions.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: look at stupidity at work.

by that logic every arrest can end up in killing and its justified.

you are the type who needs to stfu.

you are the type who gives arguments that can only lead to more fighting.

Resisting arrest doesnt justify killing in every scenario.

that guy was down and what the cop did was unnecessary.

and btw the reason it Happened was the cop probably had no idea what he did was killing that man.

unprofessional idiots are hired to be cops in america.

no every killing is becouse racism.

stupid unprofessional cops are the problem.

becouse if im good at my job and a racist , than im gonna kill jim and not make it look like im a racist.

americans are stupid af.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, what did the guy do? I need more info. If he is some sort of drug lord/contract killer or maybe murdered the cops family I could see why he did that. But if this guy is just being racist, he should be fired and put in prison for murder. I need more info. Don't jump to conclusions.

It doesn't matter what he did. The fact remains that he was unarmed, no longer resisting, and clearly communicating that he couldn't breathe. The officer should have simply cuffed him, and put him up against the car. There was no need to pin him down with a knee to the point of suffocation, and eventual death. That was simply racism and toxic, violent machismo taking the form of police brutality. The cop had all the power, so he used abused all the power. It's as simple as that.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Zetsu-San

@abstractraze: Neither of the two cops were injured. Neither of them were projecting any sense of fear of the man. Both were very casual about the entire ordeal.

The guy was on the ground, fully restrained, and shirtless. He was very clearly unarmed, no longer resisting, and no longer a threat. Even if he was faking, and the officer was “tricked into taking his knee off the guy’s neck”, what is he going to do? Wiggle on the ground?

When the guy, whose face you’re pressing into asphalt, complains that he can’t breath; it should absolutely be taken seriously. If the person is truly dangerous, should cuffing and disarming be considered the first priority? Sure... But both of those things were already taken care of.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kind of training do police get in the USA? Because this seems like the kind of thing they'd get constantly warned about when taught how to hold a suspect in check.

I don't know exactly, but what I do know is that only a tiny fraction of their overall training is spent on de-escalation, with much more time going to combat training.

BlobfishAgain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw: I did not say it was justified in my post, I just said I can see why he did it in a hypothetical situation, Of course he should be punished.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san said:

Well, then any dangerous criminal is welcome to repeat the same magic words, gain the required advantage to harm the police officers.

I mean...

"I exercised resistance against the authorities and now that I'm pinned down for that, I will parrot that I can't breathe, so that I can exercise resistance again".

No Caption Provided

That's what the cuffs are for you psychopath. You cuff him up and restrain him properly. You don't get to kill someone for resisting arrest. The punishment for resisting arrest caps out at 3 years, not at death penalty.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Suspected of forgery. It's not even an "open and closed case" he was just a suspect.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AbstractRaze
@arthur_morgan said:

@abstractraze: look at stupidity at work.

by that logic every arrest can end up in killing and its justified.

you are the type who needs to stfu.

you are the type who gives arguments that can only lead to more fighting.

Resisting arrest doesnt justify killing in every scenario.

that guy was down and what the cop did was unnecessary.

and btw the reason it Happened was the cop probably had no idea what he did was killing that man.

unprofessional idiots are hired to be cops in america.

no every killing is becouse racism.

stupid unprofessional cops are the problem.

becouse if im good at my job and a racist , than im gonna kill jim and not make it look like im a racist.

americans are stupid af.

The American police is one of the best police forces worldwide.

Totally mistaken my point, this was an accident, it can happen, it shouldn't have ended like that, one has to avoid that of course, but as I said, it's a risk, that's why one should not resist the authorities, otherwise such posibility is there. Depending on the person, with an electric gun, one could cause a heart attack, maybe this person suffered a panic attack and suffocated, we are humans, we're different, one sort of people are born with stronger lungs others with a stronger heart, others are susceptible to certain situations, etc...

A criminal can pull out weapons from anywhere, who knows, this person probably imposed resistance and he got pinned down and unfortunately died, that's what we have, he should not have imposed resistance, he had the choice.

But criminals in the USA, tend to just act straight recklessly without reason, and if the police officers aren't fast enough, they are themselves in danger, like here:

Loading Video...

-

The most proficient people aren't free for faults...

@chimeroid said:
@abstractraze said:
@zetsu-san said:

I mean...

No Caption Provided

That's what the cuffs are for you psychopath. You cuff him up and restrain him properly. You don't get to kill someone for resisting arrest. The punishment for resisting arrest caps out at 3 years, not at death penalty.

Did I ever say that one should kill arrested people by all means? It's a thing that can happen due to almost uncountable reasons, please stop putting words in my mouth that were never there...

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The worst thing is that plenty of people are going to focus more on him being a black man than they are on him being a human.

Yep, every article I've read about this has mentioned his skin colour, as if that's the most important part of it. I really don't understand why his skin colour is relevant at all. If it was a white man, his skin colour wouldn't be mentioned at all.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: this abstractraze guy is on another level.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s sad that sh!t like this doesn’t even shock me anymore.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I'm from cop-killer Queens, kill a cop and it's fine, I read pigs are haram in the book that's divine." - Heems

Seriously man, hope that cop faces the consequences. Plenty of good cops out there but guys like him give them a bad name.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: Even your tazer example is an example of a pure overuse of force. What kind of a mind must someone have to think that that was a justified killing? It's like you people in America don't understand the concept of middle ground. "he's got a tazer, time to unload SEVEN BULLETS IN HIM.

Did I ever say that one should kill arrested people by all means? It's a thing that can happen due to almost uncountable reasons, please stop putting words in my mouth that were never there...

The thing above was clearly due to the officer's error or intent. We can't gauge if he wanted to kill the suspect, but the suspect was already on the ground, a trained officer should be able to restrain a person on the ground without pressing down on their neck with the knee and keeping the pressure on after the suspect fainted.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that people are still defending that scum's action shows what's really wrong with America.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rest in peace George Floyd. It's a shame that these things keep happening in our country.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

I do hope by 'scum' you mean the cop rather than the suspect.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By skywalker95

@skywalker95: there’s a reason why his skin colour is being mentioned. Let’s not be naive here.

I'm not being ''naive'', I know exactly why his skin colour's been mentioned. I was just expressing my opinion that it'd be refreshing for his skin colour to not constantly be mentioned all the time.

Am I not allowed to say that?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt:

I do hope by 'scum' you mean the cop rather than the suspect.

Yeah, I do mean the cop, but I can see why you'd be confused judging by other posts in this thread.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AbstractRaze

@chimeroid said:

@abstractraze: Even your tazer example is an example of a pure overuse of force. What kind of a mind must someone have to think that that was a justified killing? It's like you people in America don't understand the concept of middle ground. "he's got a tazer, time to unload SEVEN BULLETS IN HIM.

The thing above was clearly due to the officer's error or intent. We can't gauge if he wanted to kill the suspect, but the suspect was already on the ground, a trained officer should be able to restrain a person on the ground without pressing down on their neck with the knee and keeping the pressure on after the suspect fainted.

I'm just saying that all humans are different, we are susceptible to all kinds of harm, those susceptibilities are greater by some people than by others, you can't generalize and say that it's a standard, please wake up and touch ground.

Totally justified if that guy died, we shall hope he did not, but it's dangerous because being tazed on the face can be fatal, furthermore, it created tension, what if it was a gun.

I'm not American by the way, I'm from Germany.

-

It's an accident, what kind of person are you to demand perfection from others, it's just an officer doing his duty, the arrested individual offered resistance under his own risk, then he was pinned down and died in the process by suffocation.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think any reasonable person can watch the footage and conclude that the man was subdued beyond any reasonable doubt and that there was no need to continue to put pressure on him. Cuff him with his hands behind his back and lay him on the ground and that's the threat neutralized without taking it further. Do cops need to be on their guard? Yes. Do detained suspects sometimes act irrationally and violently? Yes but in this case, I don't see how the officers still viewed this man as a threat after having clearly subdued him.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twitter can suck itself off, as I don't trust anything it pumps out. They are racist and sexist, a proven fact in their interview on the Joe Rogan show.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baldur_odinson: the medium used to post doesn’t discredit what the post is about

OT: that was straight up murder, like it or not. The man was in handcuffs and pinned to the ground, pressing down on his neck like that is unacceptable. Anyone who finds the officers actions justifiable just doesn’t have morality in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This is truly sickening. There is no excuse for police officers to go this route, in no circumstance is this acceptable. Hopefully the officers get put on trial for this.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abstractraze: again proving unprofessional cops gettin such a risky job.

the man was down handcuffed and cant do magic.

putting his knee on his neck in such a way is in fact unprofessional police work.

choose one.

racism or unprofessional.

both are bad enough and should be dealed with before the coo leaves his house for work end of story.