Conor McGregor w/knife vs Brock Lesnar

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This match is meant to test the impact of weapons on a fight. Both participants are in their primetime, on the street and with no rules. Conor has a knife and Brock has nothing.

Avatar image for theserbianempire
TheSerbianEmpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor sticks a knife in his neck or Brock breaks his neck off the pavement.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

The guy with a knife

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor McGregor. Having even a basic weapon can bridge a size gap or a skill gap.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jonez_

Literally depends on the knife. Brock does that thing where he gets real low and blitzes your legs for the takedown, and pushes you against the cage.

Conor would be on the ground in about two seconds - and he has about ten seconds before he is ground and pounded unconscious.

A stab to the back of the head while Brock is coming in will hurt him but it won't stop him.

Depends on the size of the knife, I seriously don't think a tiny stiletto would cut it.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor is trained as well and can keep a distance he may even knock him out with a counter left

i would beat brock lesnar with a knife as whenever he get close i would cut him

conor stomps

TheBeardOfZues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock grabs litteraly anything off the ground and beats Conor to death.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonez_

Brock could also just grab his wrist. Yeah he would get cut up on the way in, but once he has the wrist it is game over.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock grabs literally anything off the ground and beats Conor to death.

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xMangog__Beastx

Im not a Lesnar fan by no means buts lets be real, the dude is quick as hell for someone as big as he is. Im sure he would do something to make Connor flinch and proceed to take him down and beat him up to a pulp. He may stab him but he would need to get him in area that will do sufficient damage.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alavanka

@allstarsuperman said:

The guy with a knife

This. Boxing against a knife is dangerous. Grappling against a knife is suicide. Lesnar basically has to teep and try to beat McGregor with leg kicks. Not an ideal plan for someone that fights like Lesnar. Not an ideal plan against someone that fights like McGregor.

Lesnar wins if he could equalize with a stick or something though.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

people acting like getting stabbed is nothing if you get stabbed no matter where it is its gonna affect you

stunnersix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having worked in the prison system for over a decade I can tell you how this actually plays out. Conor would swing wildly, but Brock would overwhelm him them rape him in the shower room. Even if mortally injured, Brock would have his way in the end 80% of the time. I've seen this played out in RL, unless you are skilled with that knife you are swinging around like Shelley Duvall in the Shining. Now, back to Nerd mode. Conor has ZERO feats with a knife. So he would wildly swing and only through dumb luck would he land a mortal strike and if he failed....then he would still get raped.

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock stomps

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogueshadow  Moderator

Discussions about fights between real-world fighters go in off-topic.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy with the knife, clearly

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only way Brock wins is if Connor spazzes out

Being big doesn’t give you better durability against knives.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Connor.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor because he has the knife and isn't just some average joe with no skill. He'd lose to Brock if it was unarmed H2H, but with a knife and his MMA skills/experience, he can hurt Brock with something sharp, which he isn't trained to just brush off.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock gets stabbed.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great discussion here, let's get some debate going.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not seeing how Connor stabs Brock to begin with. What's stopping Brock from immediately overpowering Connor and stab him with his own knife?

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor is trained as well and can keep a distance he may even knock him out with a counter left

conor stomps

Stop.

Thenewguysnm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thenewguysnm1

@kalkent said:
@thenewguysnm1 said:

conor stomps

Stop.

lol

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brock overpowers him in about two seconds and then beats the shit out of him.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Buckwheat

@stunnersix said:

Having worked in the prison system for over a decade I can tell you how this actually plays out. Conor would swing wildly, but Brock would overwhelm him them rape him in the shower room. Even if mortally injured, Brock would have his way in the end 80% of the time. I've seen this played out in RL, unless you are skilled with that knife you are swinging around like Shelley Duvall in the Shining. Now, back to Nerd mode. Conor has ZERO feats with a knife. So he would wildly swing and only through dumb luck would he land a mortal strike and if he failed....then he would still get raped.

You really have seen THIS played out?

So you had Conor in the prision's shower room, swinging a knife at Brock, and you've actually seen the latter heaving non-consensual sex with Conor?

I don't know why a have trouble believing your story, which in turn makes your statement somewhat meh.

Seriously though, IMO a trained fighter with a knife will be able to take a larger adversary of similar training.

Aka: Conor stabs and wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stunnersix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: Yes. I have seen this played out. Since Officers are outnumbered 1 to 100 in many prisons we are put in positions in which we are put in "pickets" to watch the inmates. So when something goes down, we indeed watch it play out and try to respond as quickly as possible. I worked at Ellis 1 Penitentiary, Huntsville Texas for a shade under a decade. I have also worked at state prisons in Dallas, Houston and South Texas. But you can believe what you want.

No Caption Provided

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Buckwheat

@stunnersix said:

@buckwheat: Yes. I have seen this played out. Since Officers are outnumbered 1 to 100 in many prisons we are put in positions in which we are put in "pickets" to watch the inmates. So when something goes down, we indeed watch it play out and try to respond as quickly as possible. I worked at Ellis 1 Penitentiary, Huntsville Texas for a shade under a decade. I have also worked at state prisons in Dallas, Houston and South Texas. But you can believe what you want.

Ok, I was not puting into doubt your work as an Officer. And aside from this concrete debate, you have my respect for your service.

I doubt however that you have seen play out a fight among two professional fighters (both trained, very skilled and with a great deal of victories on their back) with one of the two (the lighter weigh) heaving a knife. This is a very specific situation that IMO differs greatly from what could have happened on the prision's shower.

Lets put it this way: You are a trained fighter I'm sure. If you where to face another trained fighter that —due to his weigh category— could defeat you, don't you think you would do much better if you had a knife?

stunnersix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By stunnersix

@buckwheat: People who do not know how to use a knife usually only lunge. And most people who have no knife fighting defense expect an attacker to forward lunge. Do you have an advantage using a knife, very much so. But in close quarters you are at a major disadvantage with a very large guy on you. Especially the size of Brock. He only needs one strategy, to control the arm with the knife.

And no I am not a trained fighter, I only fought to survive when I was there.

"And aside from this concrete debate, you have my respect for your service." - I very much appreciate that sir.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb52f8f25413
deactivated-5bb52f8f25413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy with a knife wins.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: People who do not know how to use a knife usually only lunge. And most people who have no knife fighting defense expect an attacker to forward lunge. Do you have an advantage using a knife, very much so. But in close quarters you are at a major disadvantage with a very large guy on you. Especially the size of Brock. He only needs one strategy, to control the arm with the knife.

And no I am not a trained fighter, I only fought to survive when I was there.

"And aside from this concrete debate, you have my respect for your service." - I very much appreciate that sir.

Being a trained fighter, he should have several better ideas on how to use a knife. There are two main possibilities:

1. He starts believing in the knife too much and only focusing on the blade, which would mean he overextends in the efforts to stab and exactly what you explained happens

or

2. He adds the knife as a defensive tool to his "toolbox" and he uses it with jabs instead of lunges, in this case i believe he could take Lesnar.

It is worth noting that the first option is much more likely.

However, if Conor was given a 10-minute tutorial on knife-fighting prior to the combat, he would win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the size of the knife. And whether or not Lesnar is able to grab that arm/wrist controlling the knife. If the blade is 3 inches long, not a big deal and the damage won't be as bad (depending on the area stabbed), at least when compared to something like a ka-bar. If Brock manages to control the wrist, arm or hand.......game over. Might as well have a gorilla maul Conor.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just think that Conor's speed advantage, plus his offensive advantage if he lands a hit, will counter Brocks weigh and arms reach.

It's very difficult, even considering the weigh difference, that Brock defeats Conor without the latter landing a single hit. Mcgregor is faster and is a smart, trained fighter. He won't lunge like a rookie, even with the knife he will use his years of training and experience on combat. He will stay out of Brock's grasp and use his speed to; wound him and weaken him at worst, or kill him if he gets an open chance to land a blow.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid:1. He starts believing in the knife too much and only focusing on the blade, which would mean he overextends in the efforts to stab and exactly what you explained happens

There's no way a expert full-contact fighter will throw out the window all his years of training and experience. His whole body/mind is a weapon and, although he will use the blade he won't leave aside his years of combat experience.

If he fights with a clear mind he is winning. If he gets nervous, he could make a mistake and loose, but people like him and Lesnar probably have nerves of steel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b88602e6d6f1
deactivated-5b88602e6d6f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

McGregor just needs to use a reverse grip & box & just stab as needed.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never use a reverse grip unless the situation specifically demands for it. It is only really useful in grappling.

@chimeroid:1. He starts believing in the knife too much and only focusing on the blade, which would mean he overextends in the efforts to stab and exactly what you explained happens

There's no way a expert full-contact fighter will throw out the window all his years of training and experience. His whole body/mind is a weapon and, although he will use the blade he won't leave aside his years of combat experience.

If he fights with a clear mind he is winning. If he gets nervous, he could make a mistake and loose, but people like him and Lesnar probably have nerves of steel.

There is always a chance when knives get involved. People start believing in the knife too much and focus on it. the issue is that peeps who have never learned how to use a knife get overwhelmed by the idea of holding a deadly weapon in a fight. But i agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iammourningwood said:

Never use a reverse grip unless the situation specifically demands for it. It is only really useful in grappling.

But then he could slash at the throat with a hook or follow up a jab with some quick stabs.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:

But then he could slash at the throat with a hook or follow up a jab with some quick stabs.

As a general rule of thumb, never point your blade towards you. Furthermore, the most important advantage the blade gives you is additional range. You don't want to sacrifice that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iammourningwood said:
@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:

As a general rule of thumb, never point your blade towards you.Furthermore, the most important advantage the blade gives you is additional range. You don't want to sacrifice that.

He wouldn't be unless he had his fist palm up & his arm bent awkwardly for some reason.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:
@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:

As a general rule of thumb, never point your blade towards you.Furthermore, the most important advantage the blade gives you is additional range. You don't want to sacrifice that.

He wouldn't be unless he had his fist palm up & his arm bent awkwardly for some reason.

It would be. Not by default, but during most motions the natural movement of your arm could lead to a thigh injury. Ask any knife expert, always hold your knife normally. The only use for a reverse grip is to handle a grappling situation.

__Hawk__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conner stabs him 50 times before he is even hit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iammourningwood said:
@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:
@chimeroid said:
@iammourningwood said:

It would be. Not by default, but during most motions the natural movement of your arm could lead to a thigh injury. Ask any knife expert, always hold your knife normally. The only use for a reverse grip is to handle a grappling situation.

I'll concede that it could be easy for someone to cut their own femoral artery if they're not used to reverse gripping a knife & mindful of it at all times.

And it also makes it easier for your opponent to guide your knife into your own abdomen.

But I still think it's the best bet for a Boxer with no knife fighting skills vs. prominently a wrestler.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People are overthinking this. As long as it isn't a butter knife, the majority of the time the guy with the knife wins. I don't care if it's your average, decently in shape man vs Brock Lesnar. If you go in stabbing and slashing like a madman, there's hardly no amount of skill that's gonna stop you from cutting your opponent. Keep it up, there's even less amount of skill that keeps you from cutting your opponent. And it goes on and on and on. Of course, onslaughts like this can be stopped, I just wouldn't bank on it.