Who wins?

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Conor wrecks in the Octagon. Lee doesn't have any verifiable real-life feats to suggest otherwise.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Bruce Lee BEAT Chuck Norris........................i'll let that sink in

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lee get's killed.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this what the world has come to now?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By jumpstart55

These two are like my ideals/absolute favorites and I really don't want to comment on this ridiculous thread but I feel compelled to do so..lmao....Based on vertible feats Connor would handily defeat/destroy Bruce Lee...But who knows maybe if Bruce was trained in today's Mixed Martial arts schools he might have been a beast himself and possibly one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world..Wait what am I talking about,someone with Lees unbeliviable drive would have certainly been one of the best in today's fight game..And if you doubt it, Just look at what he was able todo in the 50s,60s and 70s with the lack of complex nutrition know how,sports science and fighting knowledge people have now.

Shoto_Todoroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shoto_Todoroki

As much as I respect Bruce Lee’s contribution to Martial Arts and believe that he was a skilled Martial Artist I have to say that Conor McGregor would more than likely beat him in a fight and beat him badly. The reason I believe this is because Bruce Lee was not a professional fighter. He was a Martial Artist who chose a career in acting. He was a good teacher. He had good philosophies on Martial Arts. He was in great shape but he lacked the fighting experience of a high level Mixed Martial Artist who competes in a full-contact sport against world class competition. McGregor isn’t just a professional fighter either he was the UFC Featherweight champion. He was currently 20–3 in MMA with 17 KOs and 1 Submission LAST TIME I CHECKED. He beat Jose Aldo in 13 seconds. Also humanity can't just forget of that.

I think Bruce Lee could put up a decent fight perhaps but he would lose. His striking was not as sharp as fighters in MMA and his grappling was definitely not on their level. Grapplers would take Bruce Lee out quick and Conor McGregor would probably knock Bruce Lee out in the first Round. Now if Bruce Lee was able to train for MMA for 2–3 years and have about 10–15 fights in preparation for McGregor to give him some experience this would be a more competitive fight. But if we took him from the 1970s as he was with no MMA training he would lose. Martial Artists back then weren’t as good of fighters as modern Mixed Martial Artists, especially those that didn’t compete.

Also people will say Bruce Lee had some real fights with no rules but beating street punks in Hong Kong and fighting Martial Artists in challenge matches like Wong Jack Man who also did not fight professionally is not the same as fighting Mixed Martial Artists and being a world champion with a good record.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By catlike

Conor lolstomps and this is spite as well. This probably would end in one of the shortest fights in UFC history.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee destroys this kid. Lol the disrespect.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By catlike
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee would have a hard time with Conor McGregor. McGregor striking is World Class and while Bruce Lee is The King of Kung Fu he does not really have experience fighting other World Class Mixed Martial Artists like The Notorious does in real time fights.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Alavanka

McGregor first round submission. Or knockout. Fuck, I think Conor can probably just gas Lee on cardio and make him quit, and that's saying something.

Futureisbest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Futureisbest

I'm gonna get so much hate (if i didn't already) for this but Bruce Lee is a little overrated in terms of fighting skills, he'd get destroyed in a UFC arena.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor McGregor himself said that he was inspired by Bruce Lee and that, in his opinion, Bruce Lee would've become a World Champion in the UFC...Conor says that Bruce was very fast. I know that Bruce Lee's fighting feats have been under a lot of debate recently...with some people saying that Bruce wouldn't have done well in fighting professionally because he was mainly an actor and didn't fight in pro combat...whereas others and the Bruce Lee fans think he would've done well in a pro combat sport like the UFC because there are stories of his fighting in movies being too fast for the cameras to capture quickly and apparently Bruce said that his style of fighting that he created (Jeet Kune Do) was too dangerous for pro combat since pro combat has rules whereas JKD can allow eye gouging and other dangerous moves that would be illegal in UFC. I'm not a fan of Bruce Lee, but I like him and respect his work in movies and in fighting. I also respect the work he has done in writing in books...with regard to his philosophy etc. I think the 'be like water' stuff actually copied an ancient Asian concept but that doesn't really matter. Anyway, there were times in my mind where I thought that Bruce Lee was overrated because he didn't fight in pro combat sports and he was a child actor who mostly did acting and his kick on the heavy bag in a video, when he was training, apparently didn't look technically perfect and had obvious flaws. On the other hand, I've seen that even pro combat fighters like Anderson Silva, Conor McGregor and other excellent UFC fighters have a high opinion on Bruce Lee and they think he would've done well in the UFC, and their opinions must be taken into account because Silva, McGregor and the other UFC fighters who think that Bruce Lee would've done very well in The Octagon have actually fought themselves professionally so they know what it's like to be the very best and all the skills and techniques and hard work needed to go to the top. If the weight classes were equalized for both Bruce Lee and Conor McGregor (if they were both the same weight) then I think Bruce would win. Bruce seems to be faster than Conor. I'm not sure if Conor is in a higher weight class than Bruce, but if that's the case then Conor would win. Bruce is a good fighter, but weight classes mean something.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce can train hard and beat Conor. But Bruce would need to improve his ground game and become more rounded in all different martial arts. Therefore, if you take Bruce Lee in his prime vs Conor in his prime then Conor would probably win. But if you make Bruce Lee get up to date with how martial arts have changed since the 1970s and give him training then Bruce could win.

DCEU_Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor would maul him if I'm being honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-634afdc6135b4
deactivated-634afdc6135b4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee is more used to locations where there is a lot of space. If this fight is only restricted to the Octagon with UFC rules, Conor McGregor takes the win handily. There isn't much to debate.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imho, of what we do know of Bruce with his training, physique, mentality, speed and applied that to him preparing for a UFC fight at the same weight as Conor….theoretically/hypothetically…I think Bruce would destroy Conor.

In the real world we occupy, based on recorded fight feats, Conor wins

Clint_Eastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce Lee lives by the myth and affection of people, but indeed there aren't many hard facts that can confirm us he was a exceptional fighter. Why is there not one scrap of video footage of Bruce sparring in the ring or otherwise? Because he could never affird to let anyone see him lose. He was incredibly fast and charismatic….great on screen presence….but not the greatest ever. Find the story of him and Bob Wall during a movie….. research.... Conor beat him without effort here

Avatar image for deactivated-63a3fe3695e31
deactivated-63a3fe3695e31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor McGregor.

ReRisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Conor in what's potentially the easiest fight of his life.