Coming out stories of LGBTQ+ viners.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mo_Ali

So this thread is basically a place where LGBTQ+ viners can share their coming out stories, how you found out you were gay,bi,trans etc. You can talk about who your crushes are, your experience and anything in general.

Btw Straight viners don’t feel afraid to contribute too if you have any LGBTQ+ friends or any questions about the community

PS: Do not say anything even mildly transphobic or homophobic. I want this thread to be a kind of safe place for LGBTQ+ viners :)

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me get the ball rolling by telling you my coming out story.

So I have an elder sister by 7 years and a twin brother, both of whom are suuuper open minded and huge allies. So to figure out I was bi it took me some time and then after I was a hundred per cent sure i tried hinting to my twin that I was bi, he assumed that I thought he was bi and he came out to me as gay. About a week of preparing my coming out later, i came out to him.

Then about a month after I came out to my brother. My sister got accepted into her first choice post grad university. In such a day of happiness my brother and I came out to her. She was like I always thought you guys were ace (cause whenever she used to ask us who are crushes were my brother wouldn’t answer and I would answer rarely ) She was so glad that we came out to her and we all had a long talk about actors we crush on and stuff cause she’s a straight women. It was great.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a young dude and I realized I was straight. I told my dad and he gave me a high five. I'm not LGBTQ but this is technically a coming-out story. Sorry OP you were expecting an LGBTQ story.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a young dude and I realized I was straight. I told my dad and he gave me a high five. I'm not LGBTQ but this is technically a coming-out story. Sorry OP you were expecting an LGBTQ story.

I mean yeah I made this thread for LGBTQ+ coming outs, but now that you’re here anyway is there any Queer person you know who’s story you’d be comfortable sharing, or do you have any questions about the LGBTQ+ community. Cause if you do ask away.

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mo_ali: I don't think my questions would be appropriate.

Avatar image for deactivated-63338e7709476
deactivated-63338e7709476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll probably regret giving such detailed insight into aspects of my life, but here goes. When I was around 12/13, I started to get strong feelings of physical attraction to girls. Which I'd sort of been expecting, given it was normal. What I didn't count on though, was feeling attracted to something other than girls. I don't really feel attracted to most good looking guys (unlike with girls, where above average looks are all it takes me make me attracted), so I didn't realise I was bi until I sort of started paying attention to this one guy. Black hair, blue eyes, confident, was actually nice (which is especially bizarre given he was one of the "popular" guys, most of whom are douchebags I've come to feel a special level of disdain for, even superceding the dislike I feel towards everyone but those close to me by instict) etc etc. Anyway, I thought I was losing my mind. I'd read a couple of books with gay characters, but I didn't really fully understand what I was feeling since LGBT people had never been something I'd spoke about with, well, anyone ("gay" was just sort of thrown out as an insulting term every now and then, so that left me with negative impressions towards it). And as a result I got absorbed in self-loathing for wanting to kiss this guy, wanting to hold him etc etc. I thought I was a complete freak. Amusingly enough, people thought I was jealous of him because he was on good terms with a girl I'd liked briefly (Who I maintained the facade of liking because it was easier than conceding to the shame that I liked this guy). Anyway, he was straight, and he and I never really spent huge amounts of time getting to know each other, so it would never have worked. Even something like a close friendship was off the table because of that. I was also a complete moron and hyper-annoying back then, so he doubtless disliked me, though he never treated me with anything other than respect to my recollection. Anyway, he was the first of three people I truly felt something intense towards (the other 2 were girls, if you're curious), which is interesting given the lack of well... anything between us. Though I think I was mainly enamoured by him because I idealised him, rather than because I truly knew him. Regardless, my internalised homophobia and hatred caused me to treat other gay people with disrespect and contempt, until a couple of years passed and I eventually came to better understand myself and LGBT people in general, through a mix of the internet, characters from novels, and simple experience. That eventually gave me a more positive view of LGBT folk. And then, one day, after realising that I was completely free of internalised homophobia, I was fine admitting it to my brother (who initially thought I was pranking him lmao) and people at school. Then I told my parents, who I've already covered on this site before. Not a terrible reaction, but not the one I wanted either.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have a story.

I came out to my dad because we were arguing about him eating at chic fil a. I came out to my friends and mom a while before that. I got the reactions I was expecting. They pretty mich just said "oh alright" or something similar. They were always accepting people so I wasn't worried about it. I'm not out to my brother though. He used the f slur really casually as a teenager, mostly against me and I think that led me to repress my sexuality a lot.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By dernman

@mcflicky said:

I don't really have a story.

I came out to my dad because we were arguing about him eating at chic fil a. I came out to my friends and mom a while before that. I got the reactions I was expecting. They pretty mich just said "oh alright" or something similar. They were always accepting people so I wasn't worried about it. I'm not out to my brother though. He used the f slur really casually as a teenager, mostly against me and I think that led me to repress my sexuality a lot.

That doesn't mean he wont accept your incclinations. You should tell him and find out. Sure there might be a risk of your relationship but ask yourelf this. DO you really have a relationship with him if the only reason you have one is on him thinking you're strait? Do you still give your father shit for going to chic fill a or have you come to an understanding? dammit now I want some. ugh

Avatar image for deactivated-649b3c3886bc7
deactivated-649b3c3886bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just kinda told my parents and they were fine with it. I got lucky.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'm fairly certain he would be accepting. He's matured a lot but I honestly still hold a lot of resentment towards him and I think he knows it. Overall my brother was a bastard when we were kids. I suffered a lot of bullying and verbal abuse from him and I genuinely hated him for a good decade or more. We've come to have a mutual respect for each other but our relationship is pretty superficial. I just don't really care to tell him any time soon.

As for my dad, I don't think he buys from chic fil a anymore, but that argument we had was a couple years ago. It wouldn't bother me as much if he still did

Avatar image for applekidthethird
Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: how'd you come out to him while arguing over chick fil a??? That's some of the most random shit I've ever heard.

OT: I'm not gay so I don't really have a story.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@applekidthethird: We argued about it several times before. He was just being really hypocritical and I got tired of it. He's always been the kind of person who tries to avoid giving money to companies he disagrees with ethically but he was willing to make an exception for chick fil a. Calling him out on his hypocrisy wasn't working and he'd always reply with a dumb joke about how delicious homophobia was. So I told him I was bi and I didn't appreciate him doing that and it shut him up.

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thekillerklok
McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: Politics aside, it's pretty nasty. All the chicken tastes like it's baked and that's the worst kind of chicken after boiled

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky said:

@thekillerklok: Politics aside, it's pretty nasty. All the chicken tastes like it's baked and that's the worst kind of chicken after boiled

The chicken I get from my local option, is always really nice.

A shame you got got something that tasted like boiled chicken...

Divyansh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcflicky: well I ate a fish that had like 10 stings in every body part lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've always had crushes on boys at school, and for some time, i never really thought about girls. The very first instance i clearly remember was when i was swimming at a friend's house when i was 12 or 13. My friends older sister who was 15 at the time looked prettier than i thought before. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her when we swam together. I had a crush on her for a few months, and i would smile and blush like an idiot when i saw her. I did have a few more instances, like having feelings towards other girls, and i came to terms with it fully in 8th grade. I still struggle with my sexuality, and the most difficult time was when i broke up with my BF. I had a meltdown while trying to balance a few things at once, like the breakup, school, sports, and tons of other shit. I never really shared this, but i cut my leg and arm. It sounds dramatic, but there is more to the story, always. It's not a story for the movies, but it's my own.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee206c1e31a
deactivated-60ee206c1e31a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't have one

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abdulboriy:

Don't have one

Okay then you could tell us how you realized you were gay/trans/enby/bi or any other

Applekidthethird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeliccry: yea I used to cut myself too. My personal reason was because of my depression, it like made me feel completely numb to everything around me. Cutting myself was the only way I could feel something and that made me feel alive. I stopped 2 years ago tho, after I got prescribed these really strong antidepressants that turned me back into my normal self. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are you still doing it?

Avatar image for deactivated-60ed112579360
deactivated-60ed112579360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@applekidthethird said:

@angeliccry: yea I used to cut myself too. My personal reason was because of my depression, it like made me feel completely numb to everything around me. Cutting myself was the only way I could feel something and that made me feel alive. I stopped 2 years ago tho, after I got prescribed these really strong antidepressants that turned me back into my normal self. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are you still doing it?

I'm not doing it anymore, and thank you for asking

Mo_Ali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers