ComicVine is one of the greatest websites of all time

• 51 results
ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi people!!! :-) I have been on ComicVine for many years now. I just wanted to say that it will be a very sad day when ComicVine closes. I do not think that ComicVine can last for 30 years. Mark Zuckerberg was trying to push his Metaverse and there are other very rich tech people who want to push their versions of the Metaverse...when that happens, ComicVine could cease to exist. Also I think that Artificial Intelligence with get more brainpower than humans and will become more intelligent than humans. In the time that happens, ComicVine will cease to exist. I think that the world is becoming more dystopian. ComicVine has a variety of things for people to enjoy, plus it can be an enjoyable place when the outside world becomes tough and mean. I am grateful for the enjoyable times ComicVine has given me and I hope that ComicVine exists until the end of time although I think there will sadly be a time when ComicVine exists no more. When that time comes, I will be devastated. So everybody, let's raise our glasses of water to ComicVine and cheers!!! :-) Thank you friends.

jacdec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cheers !

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacdec said:

Cheers !

Cheers jacdec! :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-648a60c474283
deactivated-648a60c474283

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad you’re enjoying yourself here. Don’t think CV is going anywhere yet. But no one can predict where any Internet forum would be 30 years out. You may not even still want to be here by that time.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers mate!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 King_Saturn  Online

Cheers to you as well ArranVid !

mr-yes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course, every site dies at some point. Gfycat is going through that phase now. Tough to say when any website will. I, too, hope CV stays up for many years to come.

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By dshipp17

Very nice of you to say. As others have said, a great idea not to say with such certainty about events 30 years from now. I don't see AI becoming such a threat in the future that humanity might still have left prior to the Rapture and Great Tribulation (e.g. a real quick test is needing help with something and then being routed to an automated voice mail or chat service at a website, especially if it has to define the issue that you may need help with; my experience is that it's actually quite rare that I get my issue solved before needing to connect with someone live; sometimes, connecting with someone live isn't possible and then you can see how really frustrating things can get from there; societal decline is then found in the ever decreasing lack of politeness everywhere; I just witnessed someone on CNN the other day literally criticizing Canadians for being so polite by comparison to the US, granted as sort of a joke; that was a quick demonstration and should tell you something there, as I can think back to when I was less than 13 when politeness at least appeared to be the case here, until I realize that there is a difference from when you're a child versus an adult).

The development of AI is fun to imagine until you realize its atheistic implications. Because people of a certain character in decision making roles control the decisions, I can see AI being used as a pretext and excuse to eliminate many types of jobs in the very near future, however, as AI can only keep being a tool no matter how outwardly sophisticated, particularly to the laymen (e.g. from there, people of a certain character can only be selected from lawyers and then exist in the courts); with that said, society could only decline further in places like the United States. So, I can predict declining incomes and social economic statuses creating the seeds for real resentment; really making way for the conditions for the Antichrist to flurish according to the Book of Revelation the more and more you have to experience and witness things; very, very different from when I would wonder how the descriptions in the Book of Daniel and Revelation could take shape, and, boom, God helps me again; there have been several things that I'm wondered and have gotten answered by God very recently; I'm happy to be receiving the confirmation that God considers me a member of His Flock.

3rd escaped Mississippi detainee found dead in New Orleans: Sheriff

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers mate!

Thanks redhood_jaytodd :-) cheers to you too mate!

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers to you as well ArranVid !

Yay it's the mighty King_Saturn :-) Cheers to you King_Saturn!

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@millanor said:

Glad you’re enjoying yourself here. Don’t think CV is going anywhere yet. But no one can predict where any Internet forum would be 30 years out. You may not even still want to be here by that time.

Thanks for the kind words millanor, and I hope you are enjoying ComicVine too :-)

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To Comic Vine & To ArranVid

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By arctika

It's good that you're happy and enjoying the sites your browse. Yeah 30 years from now CV still here? That I'm not so sure though. Have a good one bud.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that CV won't last forever, but I don't think Metaverse or AI will have much to do with its eventual demise.

warrior8411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

To ArranVid !

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad you love my vine

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm a fan of it. It has its wtf moments but I'm glad it's still here.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee said:

Thank you Referee :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m glad you love my vine

Yeah you are the creator of the vine, you're the Chuck Norris of ComicVine, the TOAA of ComicVine :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I'm a fan of it. It has its wtf moments but I'm glad it's still here.

I completely agree :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arctika said:

It's good that you're happy and enjoying the sites your browse. Yeah 30 years from now CV still here? That I'm not so sure though. Have a good one bud.

Thank you arctika, you have a good one too buddy :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for sixpathsofcapra
SixPathsOfCapra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

🦄

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid:

Yes I worked hard to get it going.

Avatar image for joshua123456789
joshua123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: to get what going? u didnt create this site lol

SpareHeadOne created ComicVine. Chuck Norris was about to create it but then SpareHeadOne bullrushed him. Nowadays Chuck Norris checks for SpareHeadOne under his bed before he goes to sleep.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid said:
@joshua123456789 said:

SpareHeadOne created ComicVine. Chuck Norris was about to create it but then SpareHeadOne bullrushed him. Nowadays Chuck Norris checks for SpareHeadOne under his bed before he goes to sleep.

Pfft and who created SpareHeadOne? Me that's who. I keep him in a trashcan in the back yard and feed him fava beans.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@arranvid said:
@joshua123456789 said:

Pfft and who created SpareHeadOne? Me that's who. I keep him in a trashcan in the back yard and feed him fava beans.

Ah I see! So that means dernman is TOAA and SpareHeadOne is the Living Tribunal :-)

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne and GodCream are the true Kings

Avatar image for miguelcervantes
MiguelCervantes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PenguimDust is another King.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SpareHeadOne and GodCream are the true Kings

GodCream is a god, it's in his name :-)

infinitehope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By infinitehope

I love Comicvine as well. I love the people here and would miss people if it went down.

I've been here for years and remember conversations over the years people influencing me.

I hate the Wall-E dystopian AI garbage and Iam Anti-Metaverse.

Thankfully, I've even avoided using Zoom. Everything on the internet lasts forever and I feel sorry for young kids being indoctrinated into living on the internet with so much garbage.

Comicvine is a bright light in the midst of the garbage, and I'm grateful for it, and for your post!

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheers to you all, people on here are mature and civil most of the time, unlike most other forums.

Methusalem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Methusalem
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Cheers to you all, people on here are mature and civil most of the time, unlike most other forums.

I can 100% agree on this one.

God, the battle forum is full of insults and people always seem to hate each other.

I can name tons of users throwing insults out of nowhere. Glad some of them are already banned.

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@methusalem: Yeah, it's why I rarely go on Battle. I only browse Gen. Discussion and Off-Topic.

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Indeed

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Comicvine as well. I love the people here and would miss people if it went down.

I've been here for years and remember conversations over the years people influencing me.

I hate the Wall-E dystopian AI garbage and Iam Anti-Metaverse.

Thankfully, I've even avoided using Zoom. Everything on the internet lasts forever and I feel sorry for young kids being indoctrinated into living on the internet with so much garbage.

Comicvine is a bright light in the midst of the garbage, and I'm grateful for it, and for your post!

I agree with everything you said and thank you for your post!! :D

Cheers to you too ghostodoofus2 :-) yeah I agree that in ComicVine people on here are mature and civil most of the time and that other forums may be less civil...although ComicVine can become chaotic...like before the Goku vs Superman battles were banned! XD

@ghostodoofus2 said:

I can 100% agree on this one.

God, the battle forum is full of insults and people always seem to hate each other.

I can name tons of users throwing insults out of nowhere. Glad some of them are already banned.

I completely agree with you methusalem and thank you for your post! :-)

Indeed

Thank you for your post jaylinfreeman! :-)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By dernman
@arranvid said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Cheers to you too ghostodoofus2 :-) yeah I agree that in ComicVine people on here are mature and civil most of the time and that other forums may be less civil...although ComicVine can become chaotic...like before the Goku vs Superman battles were banned! XD

bah I'll have you know I put great effort in being immature and uncivil all the time.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My knowledge of anime is very limited, so there are parts of Comicvine that I don't venture into much. However, I enjoy the conversations and I'm always amazed at the knowledge people have at all the different characters.

joshua123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid: unless he is ethan lance, dave snider or tony guerrero then he didnt create comic vine

joshua123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: if u created it then u should be either dave snider, tony guerrero or ethan lance because they created it also why do u not have loads of followers then? and i dont see the word owner next to your name lol

joshua123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spareheadone: if u created it then u should be either dave snider, tony guerrero or ethan lance because they created it also why do u not have loads of followers then? and i dont see the word owner next to your name lol

We are joking buddy :-)

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm inclined to agree, but the passive-aggressiveness is as rampant as ever (as one would expect from the internet) and cyber bullying seemed to exist a lot a few years ago on here (like from 2012 to 2015 and even before that). It's definitely not as bad as say Facebook or Reddit though, according to my experience.

Cyber bullying is a strong word however, but I wouldn't know what to call borderline cyber-bullying.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:

I'm inclined to agree, but the passive-aggressiveness is as rampant as ever (as one would expect from the internet) and cyber bullying seemed to exist a lot a few years ago on here (like from 2012 to 2015 and even before that). It's definitely not as bad as say Facebook or Reddit though, according to my experience.

Cyber bullying is a strong word however, but I wouldn't know what to call borderline cyber-bullying.

I completely agree and thank you for your comment :-)

Also have a nice weekend! :-)