Comics forum for grown-ups

PoisonPen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

There seem to be an awful lot of kids on these fora. All I see is an endless tidal wave of bad animoo and DCEU/MCU. Does anyone know of a comic forum where people old enough to order a beer without being carded hang out? My own interests tend to be silver age, golden age, and pulp, and I don't see an awful lot of that around here. If someone can recommend a place that doesn't feel like a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party, I'd be much obliged.

LeeM724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think you're looking for a retirement home ;)

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jb681131

@poisonpen said:

There seem to be an awful lot of kids on these fora. All I see is an endless tidal wave of bad animoo and DCEU/MCU. Does anyone know of a comic forum where people old enough to order a beer without being carded hang out? My own interests tend to be silver age, golden age, and pulp, and I don't see an awful lot of that around here. If someone can recommend a place that doesn't feel like a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party, I'd be much obliged.

CBR seems more mature and serious

https://community.cbr.com/

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonpen:

Insult us and ask us for a favour.

Methinks we are not the only ones who have some growing up to do.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PoisonPen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By dernman

@poisonpen said:

@jb681131:

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Be careful there. It's heavily biased and you can easily get banned if you don't walk down their narrow view of what they consider acceptable opinions. I stopped going there awhile back when I saw how bad it was getting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d755a684b00b
deactivated-5d755a684b00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

except this forum is literally sometimes creeped up with strange obsessive trolls

sure that doesnt go for everyone here. while forums that are strict are not for everyone, but they do have a place and function and they simply need to exist as an option

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dernman

@norsewinter said:

except this forum is literally sometimes creeped up with strange obsessive trolls who google you up all over the internet and is creeped up with obsessive weebs as well.

sure that doesnt go for everyone here. while forums that are strict are not for everyone, but they do have a place and function and they simply need to exist as an option

Was this a response to me? If it is I would like to rebut that in relation to it.

NiteLite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norsewinter: Yep,has happened to a few awesome people who quit coming here because of it.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

CBR will ban you for disagreeing with the majority.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Implying "grown-ups" aren't immature. The most troublesome users are adults. Take it from someone who's been here for close to a frickin' decade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d755a684b00b
deactivated-5d755a684b00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

Was this a response to me? If it is I would like to rebut that in relation to it.

not really. i just want to point out that literally all forums are really not for everyone. but they all need to exist as they have a purpose.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discord.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Hate to break it to you but pretty sure most users here are actually adults. Also I don't really visit other fora so I could be wrong but from the little I've heard, CV is actually one of the more civilised ones.

PoisonPen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PoisonPen

@magian:

When I was young, lo those many decades ago, being a nerd meant having long, passionate arguments about the minutia of the things we loved, demonstrating our love through clever argumentation and the most obscure references we could muster to show the depth of our investment. All I see on these boards are a lot of young kids posting one-sentence answers in response to zero-effort questions involving MadLibs of mainstream, current movie franchises and pop culture animoo.

I dipped a toe in the water with a comic lore question which got zero replies, two 'vs' challenges which had what I regarded as interesting themes, and on which I spent considerable time pondering and crafting to make them as clear as possible which generated either no interest or two-word answers, and a long, thoughtful answer to someone else's question in which I gave detailed arguments for every element of my answer, which was completely ignored by people giving one-sentence responses with no explanations about why they answered that way. My conclusion is that the people here are either very young or vapid and dull, and I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt by assuming they were young.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tifalockhart: That stinks. I got out before it could happen to me. I didn't want to be someplace where if you're not part of the hive mind your not welcome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cdf6a493c3c5
deactivated-5cdf6a493c3c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CBR stinks a lot. It's ruled by tyrannical mods whom make-up rules according to how they are feeling about the characters. If the feats contradicts their twisted views of thecharacters they will simply ignore them. They are a hard case of cognitive dissonance.