Classic WoW!

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The 27t of August, Blizzard is going back to their roots to release World of Warcraft like it was for 15 years ago. Anyone stoked for this/going to play?

eri123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it free?I never played WoW.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eri123: sadly not. You're gonna have to pay 12 euro a month to play it, which gives you access to both the classic and the retail version of the game.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to play it. Never got the chance to play in vanilla, started in Cata, so i am definitely looking forward to it.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabracadabra: Same here, never played classic. I started in The Burning Crusade and I was about 8 years old at that time lol

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Get ready to get mowed down by Locks in Bgs and World PvP. I'm rolling one for that very reason

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get ready to get mowed down by Locks in Bgs and World PvP. I'm rolling one for that very reason

I have heard locks and warriors are probably best classes to start with. I will probably roll paladin though (ret). Any idea what server you will be on? I'm looking at Pagle.

sabracadabra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabracadabra: Same here, never played classic. I started in The Burning Crusade and I was about 8 years old at that time lol

Lots of good memories I bet :) Any idea what class you will be playing?

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10 Soratoumiga  Online

I'll definitely play a rogue

jonjizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jonjizz

i don't get it, wouldn't you rather play one of the most recent MMOs/MMORPGs with much better graphics, new mechanics, more engaging combat, etc.?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wut  Online

Ah, that feeling of being constantly broke as you pay for your skills to the point where at times you have to not purchase some skills to pay for others [until you've leveled up gathering enough to start making money on the market or have high characters able to send gold].

That feeling of spending hours walking across the continent to get the stupid mounts... Dear god, the Warlock mount quest.... so.... so tedious.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonjizz said:

i don't get it, wouldn't you rather play one of the most recent MMOs/MMORPGs with much better graphics, new mechanics, more engaging combat, etc.?

Graphics & Mechanics is not everything, especially when it comes to an MMORPG. What makes Classic so great is that you had to work for your stuffs, it felt progressive, you had to be social or else you would get nowhere (A lot of quests required you to teamup whereas in retail you can pretty much solo anything outside of raids/dungeons), every class felt more unique with 30-40 spells for each class that you'd unlock as you level, professions were mandatory, PvP was actually fun, Raids & Dungeons were challenging.

Dungeons have been a piece of cake since MoP & The game has been unsocial since wotlk