Christmas shopping for the kid. which game system?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Christmas shopping for the kid is hard this year. Not as rich as I was years back, and he wants a game system for Christmas.

My dilemma is which game system this year be best option. I mean, the whole family was burned bad by Wii U due to its lack of games lol. Dont want to make that mistake again.

• So at first we thought the Nintendo Switch, but the Switch could be Wii U.2 in that no real games come out for it, and it just sucks multiplayer wise. He wants to multiplay games. not to mention the Switch is not backwards compatible.
  • Next option was the New X-Box. However that will cost a arm and a leg being so brand new, and there is no guarantee what it will even work right. Last X-Box release had overheated systems, and shitty game selections.
  • Another option was PS4. Sounds good on paper, except next year it will be obsolete. Spending money on a system that will be useless next year.
  • There was also the much desirable option of Classic SNES coming out. Love the retro games, and the kid does too. Biggest issue here is getting a Classic SNES will be like winning the lotto. Look at how impossible it was to get the Classic NES last year! Damn Nintendo bastards.
  • Last option we consider was getting another 3DS. There cheap, they will be around longer, and the kid loves his beaten up 3DS anyway. But that feels like a cheap cop out option. Real bare minimum.

So what are some of the Comicviners thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

PC, of course.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Why do you think PS4 will be obsollete next year? It has by far the best games right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab47f6017f34
deactivated-5ab47f6017f34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ps4. if your kid likes classic then get the retron

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55 said:

PC, of course.

Yeah, uh no. I decent PC for todays games is pretty high price. i cannot even play newer games on my PC. I would get a PC before he does lol. That option is out the window for now. He has his tablet for that shit.

Why do you think PS4 will be obsollete next year? It has by far the best games right now.

PS5 comes out next year. that means most of the online support zand game servers will be shut down or neglected. Not to mention the "kids at school" will all likely get PS5s and my son be left in the dust with PS4 that his friends wont play anymore for online games :/ Waste of money.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always PlayStation. Can not go wrong.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555 said:

ps4. if your kid likes classic then get the retron

What is Retron?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

N64.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@lubub55 said:

N64.

lol I remeber when I got N64 on X-Mas years ago. One of the best X-Mas ever.

@nickzambuto said:

Always PlayStation. Can not go wrong.

Same problem as before. PS5 comes out next year. that means most of the online support and game servers will be shut down or neglected. Not to mention the "kids at school" will all likely get PS5s and my son be left in the dust with PS4 that his friends wont play anymore for online games :/ Waste of money.

Would the PS4 worth be it then with this in mind? Im thinking longer term and how much online fun my son can have with friends.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: PS5 is coming out next year???! That is shocking news, years go by really fast. Buy a new 3DS or something else cheap to get him by until you can buy him the new PlayStation then. Gaming should be on PS imo. PS4 has good exclusives and good multiplayer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: retron plays nintendo, super nintendo, and sega games.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@shade555 said:

@sirfizzwhizz: retron plays nintendo, super nintendo, and sega games.

Nice, I may have to look into it. Is it a cheap shitty made in china knock off device that breaks in a year or a solid working system that is well made?

@rabumalal said:

@sirfizzwhizz: PS5 is coming out next year???! That is shocking news, years go by really fast. Buy a new 3DS or something else cheap to get him by until you can buy him the new PlayStation then. Gaming should be on PS imo. PS4 has good exclusives and good multiplayer.

Yup, 2018 release by some sources. http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/821497/PS5-release-date-news-Sony-PS4-Pro

Though this source states 2019 or as late as 2020 which i doubt since Nintendo Switch and Xbox are being released. http://www.playstation5ps.com/ps5-release-date/

3DS till PS5 Release is what I am leaning towards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:its not a cheap bootleg. its trusted and the latest version can play gameboy games as well.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shade555 said:

@sirfizzwhizz:its not a cheap bootleg. its trusted and the latest version can play gameboy games as well.

Damn I think I am sold. Thank you very much.

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Find out what kind of games they like and what systems their friends have.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS and Xbox. Mostly PS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I traded my PS4 away for N-Switch lol. Mostly for Splatoon 2(my fav. FPS game). But it also has LoZ: Breath of the Wild, Pokken 2 coming out, Monster Hunter, ect..

You could go for a 3DS or something, there's plenty of great games for that.

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#18 higherpower  Moderator
higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19 higherpower  Moderator

But then again, why worry about Christmas shopping in October? Think about this around Black Friday

SirDrProfessor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirdrprofessor said:

PS and Xbox. Mostly PS.

If most of his friends have PS then I think PS is the way to go.

Dr_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dr_Zero

Im a Sony guy all the way. Its inevitable that all systems will be outdated but its about now. Even if PS5 come out next year, there is usually that year wait til the bugs are worked out with Sony users. He has at least 2 years. Plus I read that PS 5 doesn't come out until 2019. That gives him 3 years then. This is boschePG BTW, this is one of my RPG alts

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_zero said:

Im a Sony guy all the way. Its inevitable that all systems will be outdated but its about now. Even if PS5 come out next year, there is usually that year wait til the bugs are worked out with Sony users. He has at least 2 years. Plus I read that PS 5 doesn't come out until 2019. That gives him 3 years then

True.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sirfizzwhizz: incase you didn't see the edit, Me and Dr Zero are the same person

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

@sirfizzwhizz: incase you didn't see the edit, Me and Dr Zero are the same person

No shit. You little troll making troll accounts now. ;)

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can literally do anything with a high quality PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd get him a PS4 slim or Xbox One S. They're not that expensive. (Or the most basic launch versions which are even cheaper.) Just go with the 500 gb version and you could find a bundle that comes with a game too. Either of these should satisfy his multiplayer needs and also hold the kid off for a couple years, if you're thinking of getting him a PS5 or Xbox One X or whatever.

I'd rule out the Switch for the reasons you said. It looks like it's another Wii U situation with no games with the exception of that new Mario and Metroid game which may be far off.

I'm looking to get myself a mini SNES, so back off lol.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Switch doesn't really have enough games right now to justify the purchase price (unless you are an impulsive idiot like me) IMO, only hardcore gamers and Nintendo fanboys should buy it until the library is beefed up more.

TBH, you should get a PS4. The library is huge (bigger than Xbone). The PS5 will not come next year. At earliest, it will be out in 2019 or more likely 2020. Even if the PS5 comes out next year, Sony will continue to support the PS4 for years so you'll still get to enjoy it. Hell, there are still 3rd games party games coming out for PS3 (like Persona 5)

Another negative against Nintendo is that they rarely have digital sales and reduce the normal prices on their games. PS (dunno about MS) has weekly sales and you can pick up some older PS4 games for like $5-$15.

_Logos_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well since you can't afford a PC, and you need one desperately you should just buy the components to make a really good one, and as a gift you should give him the gift of knowing how to build your own PC, and knowledge of course is the best gift of them all. Can't go wrong with knowledge. Of course after he builds your PC you can allow him to boot it up for you, but that's it, don't give them too much or they'll start asking for and more until you know it: he wants you to buy him his own PC. Greedy kids smh. You know what on second thought give him coal in his sock!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait till PS5 comes out.