Christians: Advice

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MasterJohn

I tried catholic and christian forums, none of them gave me good advice, so let's try here. A minecraft server has banned the word "God" from being mentioned and Religion from their server. I am a Administrator on that server and I disagree. I am thinking of leaving but would you think that's a good idea?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

I don't think Minecraft was designed for you to build churches with.

So it shouldn't matter.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't leave being an admin. and all but if you disagree talk with the staff about it or if you see anyone using the word just ignore it like you didn't see it

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Crusades 2.0.

The best way to disagree is with a divine burning sword of justice and righteousness.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MasterJohn

@InnerVenom123 said:

So it shouldn't matter.

Your are christian? o-o

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MasterJohn

@SC said:

Crusades 2.0.

The best way to disagree is with a divine burning sword of justice and righteousness.

Did you know Im in a all atheist MC server? I am the only Christian on it? It's not this server but it's another.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By InnerVenom123

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

So it shouldn't matter.

Your are christian? o-o

No.

Not at all.

But that's not gonna stop non-christians from posting. Silly.

It didn't work for Minigun's old thread, and it won't work here.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By minigunman123

@SC said:

Crusades 2.0.

A lesson from the Muslims that brought on the Crusades.

@MasterJohn, I'd try and change the rule because that is ridiculous and insulting to your beliefs and some other peoples' beliefs, and if you feel compelled to leave the server, do so.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Blood1991

Religion causes unnecessary arguing. I wouldn't say they are doing this to insult your beliefs, but to keep the topic away for peace keeping reasons. Which may need to be enforced here since we apparently need 16 threads up at all times to bicker about religion.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SC  Moderator

@MasterJohn said:

Did you know Im in a all atheist MC server? I am the only Christian on it? It's not this server but it's another.

I try not to associate with atheists. I find being tolerant of them akin to enabling them. They need help.@minigunman123 said:

Exactly. Fire from the sky! Onward warriors we shall rise again.

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aronmorales

Leaving would just give them what they want; one side having it their way while another doesn't, does that sound like compromise? No, that's completely unfair.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By minigunman123

@SC said:

@MasterJohn said:

I try not to associate with atheists. I find being tolerant of them akin to enabling them. They need help.@minigunman123 said:

Wait, what? I thought you were atheist.

Now I'm curious, what exactly do you believe in?

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

MInecraft sucks. Not because of this issue. It just sucks. Kidding. :D

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

Its digital legos, why would God even be an issue?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Blood1991

@joshmightbe said:

Lol aren't you the player technically god of said world?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By Pyrogram

@joshmightbe said:

This lol

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@InnerVenom123 said:

So it shouldn't matter.

Hey! I'm still trying to build my mini Notre Dame cathedral!

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By minigunman123

@InnerVenom123 said:

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

So it shouldn't matter.

Your are christian? o-o

No.

Not at all.

Heh.

True.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@MasterJohn: I think you might be confused,I dont think they have banned religion,but banned religious discussion all together.Which is understandable considering you are not there to preach to people.

@minigunman123 said:

@SC said:

@MasterJohn said:

Wait, what? I thought you were atheist.

Now I'm curious, what exactly do you believe in?

He is probably jesting.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#20  Edited By dngn4774

Before I speak I should probably tell you that I am an atheist. I understand that naming your site Christians: Advice implies that you intended to hear from other christians, but since christians also comment on forums about atheism I think it would be fair for you to at least hear me out.

Based on what I've heard from the situation that took place, it sounds like you feel that you have been persecuted for your beliefs since the other admins have proposed to ban topics of god and religion from a game that has nothing to do with religion. However, I doubt that these other admins wished to intentionally offend you, it would be more reasonable to assume that they are merely trying to avoid the hazard of opening forums that a doomed to result in rants between christains and non-christians, or christians who differ in ideology from other christians. The caution may be justifiable, since many of the arguments within these forums remain unresolved because both sides have no intention of agreeing with the other. As a result, we are left with a junk forum that only causes more unnecessary dissent.

Earth616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Earth616

I am Christian too, and I wouldn't quit. You've worked your way up, and everything happens for a reason. If you feel it's right, talk to the staff and maybe make some alternative suggestions.

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By YoungJustice

Yeah, matter of fact, destroy your computer.

And buy no more.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By satyrgod

@MasterJohn:

I fail to see why you should take issue with this. It isn't like they banned 'jesus' while leaving 'mohamad', 'jehova' and 'lucifer'. If all representations of deity are discouraged equally, where is the problem?

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikethekiller

Flee masterjohn, flee into the mountains and never return.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Not into MineCraft at all (the graphics are too wonky for my taste, and the only good MOD is racked with glitches from what I've heard). But not allowing "God" is strange.

What happens if you throw out the name in vain like all good decent Christians, Atheists and people of other religions do nowadays?

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sideslash

@SC said:

Crusades 2.0.

My new motto.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By minigunman123

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Not into MineCraft at all (the graphics are too wonky for my taste, and the only good MOD is racked with glitches from what I've heard). But not allowing "God" is strange.

What happens if you throw out the name in vain like all good decent Christians, Atheists and people of other religions do nowadays?

Not into Minecraft?

This means we have to break up, you know.

MasterJohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MasterJohn

@mikethekiller said:

Flee masterjohn, flee into the mountains and never return.

The mountains are cold and hard.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

@minigunman123 said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

Not into Minecraft?

This means we have to break up, you know.

D: D: D: D:

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By satyrgod

@MasterJohn said: "The mountains are cold and hard."

And your job isn't?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By boschePG

@MasterJohn: Im a Christian. The word God and religion are always being weeded out in today's society, and people wonder what is wrong with today's world. Im only vaguely familiar with the game, but I wouldnt push it outside of a voice to your fellow admin. It is a game after all. Unless you are trying to evangelize through the game, in which I hope it isnt a gory kill everyone game, you know. Either way, if they do remove the words from the game it wont effect your faith. Pray for the others to seek the Lord in other ways. The Lord knows its all a part of the grand battle. And he knows who is going to win

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By satyrgod

@boschePG:

It's been said that no wars have ever been fought in the name of the Goddess. Not the Mother Goddess, surely, but perhaps Athena..?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@boschePG said:

@MasterJohn: Im a Christian. The word God and religion are always being weeded out in today's society, and people wonder what is wrong with today's world. Im only vaguely familiar with the game, but I wouldnt push it outside of a voice to your fellow admin. It is a game after all. Unless you are trying to evangelize through the game, in which I hope it isnt a gory kill everyone game, you know. Either way, if they do remove the words from the game it wont effect your faith. Pray for the others to seek the Lord in other ways. The Lord knows its all a part of the grand battle. And he knows who is going to win

I feel that Christianity, Twisted Christianity, is responsible for quite a few of the problems in the world. I also feel that schools have been getting a bit screwed...which is also a big problem in today's world

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@White Mage said:

@boschePG said:

I feel that Christianity, Twisted Christianity, is responsible for quite a few of the problems in the world. I also feel that schools have been getting a bit screwed...which is also a big problem in today's world

I agree with this 100%.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I can't imagine someone playing this game and having a conversation saying "Isn't God awesome?"

This sounds like people were clearly flaming each other, so it was demanded that they stick to basics

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

In Scotland there is tension between Catholics and Protestants that often manifests itself in fights between supporters of the two major football teams of Glasgow, Rangers for Protestants, Celtic for Catholics, going as far as bombs being sent to a managers house in the post.

Because of religious tension, some pubs forbid you from wearing football shirts, so as not to cause problems, and let everyone have a nice night out in peace.

Perhaps the people that run the game have decided to stop people from 'publicly wearing their teams colours', because they know that displaying them could cause problems for everyone.

Isn't an environment where you can't mention religion better than an environment where you can? The freedom to talk about it is just an opportunity to insult others.

I'm don't follow any religion, and I'm not an atheist, so I'm not siding with anyone, just saying why I think the decision was made.

spetsnaz_gru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By spetsnaz_gru

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

In Scotland there is tension between Catholics and Protestants that often manifests itself in fights between supporters of the two major football teams of Glasgow, Rangers for Protestants, Celtic for Catholics, going as far as bombs being sent to a managers house in the post..

This is quite a generalization. The old firm is beyond just catholic vs protestant. That is simply the tip of the iceberg and placing the accountability of the old firm's violence to religion is a wee bit unfair. It goes all out with politics, social ideologies, celtic-anglo tension, native-immigrant tension, and even the policies in the neighbouring Ireland.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@spetsnaz_gru: I know, I was just using the religious aspects of the old firm as an example to compare to this Minecraft situation.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lykopis

As an administrator, you should be neutral. If this was a game which incorporates religion then sure, cry foul. But it's Minecraft.

If you can't be neutral, then you shouldn't be an administrator at this site. You should step down and allow someone else to take the position.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SC  Moderator

I'm a vegan and animal lover - I work at a Steak House Restaurant. I also live in a country which is so small and backwards that we don't get meat sent to us, we have a farm out back with our own animals. My boss not only forces me to serve up dead rotting animal meat to our customers, but he also forces me to kill the animals with my bare hands and karate. I understand your dilemma. I am thinking of leaving too, but my only occupation alternative is to sell my body on the streets. Which is also a bit like selling meat, except this animal fights back when attacked and when I say fights back I mean role play is $50 extra. If I keep my other job though I can continue to spit on customers food, thats what those foul meat eaters get for violating other animals bodies. As my vegan idol and worlds toughest vegan Daniel Bryan would scream YES! YES! YES!

Prodigy P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Prodigy P

I'm Christian, and what is is this (thread)?

The_Roman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Roman

@Prodigy P said:

I'm Christian, and what is is this (thread)?

Some guy complaining that you can't say God on Minecraft.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@SC said:

I'm a vegan and animal lover - I work at a Steak House Restaurant. I also live in a country which is so small and backwards that we don't get meat sent to us, we have a farm out back with our own animals. My boss not only forces me to serve up dead rotting animal meat to our customers, but he also forces me to kill the animals with my bare hands and karate. I understand your dilemma. I am thinking of leaving too, but my only occupation alternative is to sell my body on the streets. Which is also a bit like selling meat, except this animal fights back when attacked and when I say fights back I mean role play is $50 extra. If I keep my other job though I can continue to spit on customers food, thats what those foul meat eaters get for violating other animals bodies. As my vegan idol and worlds toughest vegan Daniel Bryan would scream YES! YES! YES!

Brilliantly done.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By consolemaster001

@InnerVenom123 said:

@MasterJohn said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

So it shouldn't matter.

Your are christian? o-o

No.

Not at all.

+1

Also you shouldn't leave because minecraft isn't a religious game and you shouldn't get all snippy when they remove religion but banning the word "god" is a little bit extreme.

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By satyrgod

@MasterJohn: Leave your religion. Problem solved.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vaeternus

I don't think any video game should promote nor hate on religion but I think banning God on something like that is dumb...

satyrgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By satyrgod

Leave it to the "conservatives" to cry that they're the ones being discriminated against.