• 81 results
King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Majestros

Do you or anyone you know have this virus?

It has taken about 17 people so far, and only one person in Vancouver, Washington came into contact with it (he's currently at the hospital). It causes both upper and lower respiratory infections, as well as cold-like symptoms.

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you or anyone you know have this virus?

I ain't no snitch. *Coughs uncontrollably*

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even more reason to never leave my house.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you catch this virus you will turn Japanese.

🎶I've got your picture

Of me and you

You wrote "I love you"

I wrote "me too"

I sit there staring and there's nothing else to do

Oh it's in color

Your hair is brown

Your eyes are hazel

And soft as clouds

I often kiss you when there's no one else around

I've got your picture, I've got your picture

I'd like a million of you all 'round my cell

I want the doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well

You've got me turning up and turning down, I'm turning in, I'm turning 'round

I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so

I've got your picture, I've got your picture

I'd like a million of them all 'round my cell

I want a doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well

You've got me turning up and turning down, I'm turning in, I'm turning 'round

No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women

No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it's dark

Everyone around me is a total stranger

Everyone avoids me like a cyclone ranger

Everyone

That's why I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so

(Think so think, so think so, think so)

Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so🎶

StaticTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I have anxiety though.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This shit has been extremely exaggerated, it's mad.

Loading Video...

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: I am feeling all these symptoms. I might die!

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

27 countries affected so far

8 cases in the US

All as if Feb 01

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: "We won't be commenting on its global threat level because that information is constantly changing while experts monitor its spread." Yes, the death toll has reached over 250 people. I wouldn't call that an "exaggeration."

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shinne

@king_majestros: Brother, I know you don't like me, but you can't start putting words into my mouth like that. I want to discuss this, hence why I bumped your dead 9 days old thread, you can thank me for that later.

I think spreading awareness is important, but people have been comparing it to the plague, the freaking great plague. There are so many misinformations that exaggerate the severity of this illness, and people start believing them before fact checking it on actual reliable sources. Please be careful with the informations you're getting and spreading.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@king_majestros: Brother, I know you don't like me, but you can't start putting words into my mouth like that. I want to discuss this, hence why I bumped your dead 9 days old thread, you can thank me for that later.

I think spreading awareness is important, but people have been comparing it to the plague, the freaking great plague. There are so many misinformations that exaggerate the severity of this illness, and people start believing them before fact checking it on actual reliable sources. Please be careful with the informations you're getting and spreading.

Whoever said I didn't like you? I'm not putting words into your mouth. I quoted a part of the video mentioning the deaths, and stated how it's not an exaggeration as you used to describe the information being passed on. If there is so much uninformed data on the illness, how do you know the information you're receiving isn't being exaggerated? You didn't exactly post any.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros:

Whoever said I didn't like you?

Your snarky attitude towards me ever since that Superman thread.

I'm not putting words into your mouth.

You are. You were implying that I don't want people to talk about this, which is false.

I quoted a part of the video mentioning the deaths, and stated how it's not an exaggeration as you used to describe the information being passed on.

The death count isn't exaggerated, but people should know that the death rate isn't actually that bad. If you're healthy, your immune system can likely battle the virus on its own, which is why people who are dying are the elderly and children... Which is common with pretty much any illness. The problem here is, there's no cure yet.

But for reference, 80.000 people die from REGULAR FLU in 2017-2018 season. I guess the problem here is not what is informed, but what detail is NOT informed by these new sources. They're doing this on purpose to get those clicks.

If there is so much uninformed data on the illness, how do you know the information you're receiving isn't being exaggerated? You didn't exactly post any.

Good question. CDC, WHO, and Department of Health are all very reliable.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@king_majestros:

Whoever said I didn't like you?

(1) Your snarky attitude towards me ever since that Superman thread.

I'm not putting words into your mouth.

(2) You are. You were implying that I don't want people to talk about this, which is false.

I quoted a part of the video mentioning the deaths, and stated how it's not an exaggeration as you used to describe the information being passed on.

(3) The death count isn't exaggerated, but people should know that the death rate isn't actually that bad. If you're healthy, your immune system can likely battle the virus on its own, which is why people who are dying are the elderly and children... Which is common with pretty much any illness. The problem here is, there's no cure yet.

(4) But for reference, 80.000 people die from REGULAR FLU in 2017-2018 season. I guess the problem here is not what is informed, but what detail is NOT informed by these new sources. They're doing this on purpose to get those clicks.

If there is so much uninformed data on the illness, how do you know the information you're receiving isn't being exaggerated? You didn't exactly post any.

(5) Good question. CDC, WHO, and Department of Health are all very reliable.

1. False; I don't have a snarky attitude. It seems you only think that because of our past.

2. False; I'm not doing anything of the sort, nor was I implying anything other than what I typed. I've actually made it clear what I was referring to in my post.

3. The death rate isn't actually that bad? Even if one person dies from it, it's still pretty bad.

4. Neat.

5. Cool.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros:

3. The death rate isn't actually that bad? Even if one person dies from it, it's still pretty bad

1? You'd be talking a lot of stuffs then. In comparison to regular flu's death toll in the past, you must admit that the severity of this illness has been exaggerated.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Majestros

@lan_fan said:

@king_majestros:

3. The death rate isn't actually that bad? Even if one person dies from it, it's still pretty bad

1? You'd be talking a lot of stuffs then. In comparison to regular flu's death toll in the past, you must admit that the severity of this illness has been exaggerated.

Yes, one person. If the virus kills someone, and that someone died because of said virus, I wouldn't count that virus' severity as an exaggeration. I would be thinking of it as a possibility, and not wave it off.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shinne

@king_majestros: 5051 people died of choking in 2015. Where are the news headlines and Comic Vine thread? Why is it not a worldwide trend? Or even the regular flu, which killed more people.

A lot of unreliable sources seem to imply that you'll definitely die if you get this virus. How is this not an exaggeration? I'd not recommend waving it off, of course. I mean, you most likely would be fine if you got the virus yourself, but you could end up spreading it to your older and younger loved ones, which would be a problem.

I'm not saying this virus is not dangerous, but it is not the extinction level illness like it's been portrayed in various news sources. I think that's important.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@king_majestros:

This.

It only has a mortality rate of like 2% and most deaths have been old people IIRC or people with respiratory problems.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsebson: The point is, it's still bad if people are dying from it.

bigsebson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: This very specific Corona outbreak that is hot right now is just a new mutation of Corona. The other types of the Corona are more deadly. This virus is extremely overrated.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsebson: I think he just feels like crying, right now. Let him be.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The severity isn’t over exaggerated.

It’s exponential growth so far has been horrifying and if a country doesn’t have enough treatment for it, it doesn’t matter what your age is, you can die.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By dernman

@faradaysloth:

They're now saying it has a higher mortality rate than the flue. The flue has a .095%, the coronavirus as a 2-4% rate and it's getting worse.

It might even be worse do to china downplaying things like this.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shinne

@faradaysloth said:

It’s exponential growth so far has been horrifying and if a country doesn’t have enough treatment for it, it doesn’t matter what your age is, you can die.

Can is a strong word, some people can die from any illness. If young people are dying, they're definitely outliers. They could already have AIDS for all I know, we don't know the detail yet. I heard research showed that 39 out of 41 casualties are people in their 50s or above with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease).

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: It's been like that since the outbreak, because unlike flu, there's no direct treatment yet. That is still a pretty low percentage.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be avoiding all Asians until I want to eat sushi.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: This very specific Corona outbreak that is hot right now is just a new mutation of Corona. The other types of the Corona are more deadly. This virus is extremely overrated.

No. The usual strains of Coronavirus are mostly responsible of the common cold and bronchitis (same category as rhinovirus or adenovirus)

@lan_fan said:
@faradaysloth said:

Can is a strong word, some people can die from any illness. If young people are dying, they're definitely outliers. They could already have AIDS for all I know, we don't know the detail yet. I heard research showed that 39 out of 41 casualties are people in their 50s or above with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease).

More complicated than that. Young people are indeed protected (less than 15 years old), but by contrast to the H. influenzae (agent of the flu), the people that are dying have the same baseline than the rest of the population.

You can read the first scientifc publications describing the epidemiology of the outbreak in the Lancet (www.thelancet.com) and the New England Journal of Medicine (www.nejm.org)

The mortality rate is very hard to define right now because (1) you have a delay between the diagnosis and the potential death (tend to give a lower estimation), (2) people dying without a good diagnosis (lower estimation) and (3) we may have a very important number of persons that are infected, with no symptoms (and not taking these people into accout would tend to artificially inflate the mortality rate of the 2019-nCoV)

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr:

More complicated than that. Young people are indeed protected (less than 15 years old), but by contrast to the H. influenzae (agent of the flu), the people that are dying have the same baseline than the rest of the population.

You can read the first scientifc publications describing the epidemiology of the outbreak in the Lancet (www.thelancet.com) and the New England Journal of Medicine (www.nejm.org)

I clicked on your link, and found that the fatality proportion for CoV to be empty/? I can't find anything that suggest people from every age group are dying from CoV, only people who were confirmed to be infected. Perhaps I clicked on the wrong study?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30260-9/fulltext

The mortality rate is very hard to define right now because (1) you have a delay between the diagnosis and the potential death (tend to give a lower estimation), (2) people dying without a good diagnosis (lower estimation) and (3) we may have a very important number of persons that are infected, with no symptoms (and not taking these people into accout would tend to artificially inflate the mortality rate of the 2019-nCoV)

It is, but with the number being as low as this in terms of death rate. It's very likely and believable that people who died probably have other unrelated health problems which clashed with this untreatable virus.

How about people who were infected, and healed on their own without knowing that they had this specific virus? Wouldn't that higher the estimation as well? I think this would mostly affect death toll, but in terms of mortality rate, we already have a pretty accurate sample to work with. Obviously, not all cases are gonna be reported, this is the case with pretty much any illness.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BullPR

@lan_fan: I wanted to link to the journals websites not to a specific publication, but this one is quite good.

There is a lot of things going on and some are related to your comment, other less.

But to make it simple:

-A few years ago, I started to see patients in the ICU, suffering from the Flu, and these were not the usual patients, because without the typical comorbidities. That was the beginning of the 2009 Pandemic caused by H1N1.

-With this strain of coronavirus same feeling (even if I don't work in China, I have regular meeting with collegues directly involved with the current outbreak), we can see severe pneumonia in patients with baseline characteristics that are not usually associated with a higher susceptibility to the regular flu.

All the rest is too speculative at this stage.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Majestros

@lan_fan: "I think he just feels like crying, right now. Let him be."

What a very stupid comment to make. Just because I believe it's not being "exaggerated," doesn't mean I'm being overly sensitive about it. Grow up, little girl.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e39f5412273b
deactivated-5e39f5412273b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The coronavirus is pretty bad, even worse because China is downplaying it a lot. Who knows how many lives it'll take? Give it time and wait until the end of the year

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Shinne
@king_majestros said:

What a very stupid comment to make. Just because I believe it's not being "exaggerated," doesn't mean I'm being overly sensitive about it. Grow up, little girl.

Please continue to mourn, you clearly don't want to be stopped either. FYI, 150 die each year from falling coconuts, please beware and this is definitely a big deal since 1 person or more have died from it! Help me spread awareness of this massive problem!!

Seriously though... I don't care what you think about yourself, that wasn't the point of that post. I told the other user to stop wasting his time on you since it was clearly going nowhere. I've explained everything, why this is bad, but shouldn't be this big of a deal. Nothing else was gonna change your mind.

Don't open the spoiler block if you don't want your feelings hurt, but I'm trying to be truthful.

I can't tell if you're very sensitive or just extremely narrow minded. I'm guessing the latter, based on our previous encounter. I remember you bragging about winning a debate, not because you countered properly, but simply because you refused to have your mind changed. It seems like everything has to meet your standard and point of view to be objectively correct. You couldn't even be bothered to explain why your standard should be met, apart from just specifically changing your mind. No matter how many comparisons, reasoning or examples were made to explain how unrealistic and unreasonable your standard was, you were like "nah, meet my standard please".

That was mind boggling to say the least, especially that again, you declared yourself the winner of that debate/? I simply can't stress this point enough. It was pretty sad to read, and it wasn't even against me, but I'm getting the same vibe here. For reference, imagine me saying "Nah bro, this virus needs 1 million death count and at least 85% mortality rate to be considered a threat. If you can't prove that, then I guess I'm right about this virus being harmless and you're wrong". That's very stupid and annoying, but that's exactly how debating with you feels like, I'm sorry.

You're telling me to grow up, but I'm not sure you're mature enough to have a healthy discussion with anyone.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Majestros

@lan_fan said:

@king_majestros said:

Please continue to mourn, you clearly don't want to be stopped either. FYI, 150 die each year from falling coconuts, please beware and this is definitely a big deal since 1 person or more have died from it! Help me spread awareness of this massive problem!!

Seriously though... I don't care what you think about yourself, that wasn't the point of that post. I told the other user to stop wasting his time on you since it was clearly going nowhere. I've explained everything, why this is bad, but shouldn't be this big of a deal. Nothing else was gonna change your mind.

Don't open the spoiler block if you don't want your feelings hurt, but I'm trying to be truthful.

I can't tell if you're very sensitive or just extremely narrow minded. I'm guessing the latter, based on our previous encounter. I remember you bragging about winning a debate, not because you countered properly, but simply because you refused to have your mind changed. It seems like everything has to meet your standard and point of view to be objectively correct. You couldn't even be bothered to explain why your standard should be met, apart from just specifically changing your mind. No matter how many comparisons, reasoning or examples were made to explain how unrealistic and unreasonable your standard was, you were like "nah, meet my standard please".

That was mind boggling to say the least, especially that again, you declared yourself the winner of that debate/? I simply can't stress this point enough. It was pretty sad to read, and it wasn't even against me, but I'm getting the same vibe here. For reference, imagine me saying "Nah bro, this virus needs 1 million death count and at least 85% mortality rate to be considered a threat. If you can't prove that, then I guess I'm right about this virus being harmless and you're wrong". That's very stupid and annoying, but that's exactly how debating with you feels like, I'm sorry.

You're telling me to grow up, but I'm not sure you're mature enough to have a healthy discussion with anyone.

Your entire post proves to everyone who reads it that you're still a little girl who has a lot of growing up to do.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shinne

@king_majestros: Oh really? Nice deflection, I expected nothing more from someone like you 👌

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, a Chinese nurse exposed her country stating that 90,000 people are infected. Having said this, the news today reported that China has been burning the dead bodies, so we cannot have a headcount of all who have died. This CoronaVirus is a freaking plague, and we need to be vigilant.

That virus just made it into new york, more specific queen's New York.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevoidofdeath:

Well, a Chinese nurse exposed her country stating that 90,000 people are infected.

The video doesn't have any sort of credibility, but whatever.

Having said this, the news today reported that China has been burning the dead bodies, so we cannot have a headcount of all who have died.

This is a Twitter thing, again, no credibility... But this actually seems necessary, because the dead bodies can still spread the virus to the living. This doesn't really mean their deaths aren't counted. Even in this story, the victim's death was still confirmed to be in related to CoV, so I don't see the problem in terms of headcount.

That virus just made it into new york, more specific queen's New York.

If you don't believe in the Chinese's health organization and you happen to be an American, follow the virus' progression in your own country for a more reliable source. The virus is already there.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: Keep holding that grudge, I guess.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some credible informations from an actual doctor.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, remain alert.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But not anxious.

And a lot of people are anxious because of the amount of false hype surrounding this virus.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anxiety is normal.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal =/= correct 😔

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being anxious, a normal Human function, isn't based on being correct or not.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Shinne

It all depends on how you act on it. Just because anger is a normal human function, doesn't mean it's right to act angry all the time, especially when it's unnecessary.

I don't think it's that hard of a concept to grasp 😔

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because you can totally control anxiety.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Shinne

Like all emotions, anxiety can be handled if you have a decent self control, especially when your anxiety is caused by misinformations. Unless we're talking about anxiety as a mental illness (which I actually suffer from, but here I am), but those are 2 different things 😔

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, and each type separately. Not one type can be controlled, whether as a group of people or individually. They can be helped through moderation, but not entirely controlled. Especially when there's too much misinformation going around.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can’t control what emotions surface for you, but you can control how you act. Just because you feel angry at someone, doesn’t mean you are necessarily going to say something to that person. When someone says they don’t have control over their emotions, the bigger concern is usually that they feel they don’t have control over their actions. It's called having no self control 😔

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By King_Majestros

You're on the right path, but no, you can't always control how you act; people who have certain mental illnesses, such as BPD, IED, and even PTSD can attest to that.