Children From The Sun - Sneak Peek

Avatar image for fitnesstribesman13
FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I felt the need to post a glimpse of my movement. The primary intent is reaching to anyone who is aware and recalls me mentioning my plans and desires towards doing so.

Now, this is no official establishment of my movement of course. In fact, I would say I am far from prepared to do so. Nevertheless, I am still very much motivated and gladly awaiting and preparing for the day the sunrises with my movement.

With that being said, I'll soon let anyone here just take a nibble at what I've done so far. But first, I'll provide a glimpse of info concerning my movement.

As you can see, my movement is titled "Children From The Sun". Indigenous America/Native American/Amerindian/etc. Nationalism is the face of my movement, the most unique and significant political identity of my movement. It promotes the belief that all distinct indigenous American cultures should achieve independent nations, you know, their own countries free from the clear influence and jurisdiction of another nation non-akin to them. There's so much more to my movement, but I'll just stop right there.

So, without further ado, behold the almighty, current flag of my movement:

No Caption Provided

"DESCRIPTION"

In the Making

I’ve designed this image you see above, which seems like a somewhat bizarre and original flag design. That’s because it is the flag that will be in literal movement for my movement. It holds a wide array of meanings and symbols relevant to my movement and all Sun Children.

Now, I must see if there’s someone or somewhere that can turn my flag into a reality, embedded in fabrics flags are most commonly created with. I must resort to imprinting the image on a large sheet of paper or cardboard and search for sorts of wooden or metal, narrow poles to improvise thus far.

Meanings & Symbolism

Stripes

Red – symbolizes bloodshed and resistance of Sun Children, especially during the colonial era, yet still quite relevant in modern times.

Extra: Notice how it is placed between the brown and yellow stripes. This was done on purpose for honoring the Sun Children who have perished and suffered by the atrocities of and struggle against colonialism. This includes the Sun Children who’re still showing resistance against and suffering due to prevailing issues from post-colonial times all up to this very day. Direct explanations of its placement will be mentioned in each of the stripes’ extras.

Brown – symbolizes earth (land surface/soil) and the common ability for Sun Children to obtain a brown/bronzeish tan through inheritance or staying out in the sun frequently.

Extra: Below the brown stripe, there’s the red stripe to honor and symbolize the spilled blood of and deceased Sun Children buried below and within the brown layers of the earth.

Yellow – symbolizes sunlight, hope and stereotypical views regarding the coloration of omnaskap, or corn/maize.

Extra: The red stripe is placed above the yellow stripe to express that there’s still hope of fulfilling the legacy and efforts of those who fell for the best of the Sun Children, as if those are coming into direct contact with hope manifested as sunlight and the omnaskap.

In terms of biology, blood and corpses may blend and decompose within the earth, producing compost which works as excellent fertilizers. This is an allegory to how then movement strives to continue fighting for many of the necessary, desired goals and legacies that all the fallen Sun Children have left us so far.

In short, the omnaskap, symbolizing the Sun Children in current existence, gladly makes use of all that fallen blood and flesh, symbolizing the fallen Sun Children, to flourish where they have left off."

- me

^ Indeed, I've given life to this flag without any aid from anyone. There's far more symbolism involved of course, but that's all I'll reveal.

I shall continue pursuing my interests. There's a long journey ahead.

Stay tuned folks!

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice reasoning behind the colors. Even though we are a southeastern US people, our culture considers corn to be sacred. Our word for it is "tanchi," and it's very important to us as it was to your ancestors. We don't have our traditional religion(s) or god(s), but based on the very little that has been handed down, most likely we had a sun god as well. Sun - "hashi" Our cultures, along with many other nations of the americas share so much in common.

It looks like you have a raven or crow and maybe a hawk? eagle? carrion eater? symbolized as well? top and bottom - and a flying predator to the right. ???

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redheathen said:

Nice reasoning behind the colors. Even though we are a southeastern US people, our culture considers corn to be sacred. Our word for it is "tanchi," and it's very important to us as it was to your ancestors. We don't have our traditional religion(s) or god(s), but based on the very little that has been handed down, most likely we had a sun god as well. Sun - "hashi" Our cultures, along with many other nations of the americas share so much in common.

It looks like you have a raven or crow and maybe a hawk? eagle? carrion eater? symbolized as well? top and bottom - and a flying predator to the right. ???

Why thank you! Sorry that I did not explain any further though. There's actually a reason as to why I do not want to reveal much info yet.

I'll explain all the symbolisms once on the day I finally officialize my movement. But I'll hint to you that the birds are indeed symbolic in the flag. Everything in the flag is heavily symbolized. The birds are supposed to be an Andean condor, Quetzal, Golden Eagle, and an arctic bird (penguin/puffin).

I actually decided to add modifications to the flag, so it is no longer the official flag. Some of the changes includes a darker brown, alternating the positions of the birds, and designing a more specific-looking bird species.

Rise with the Maize!

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13 Oh! Now I see. LOL at first I saw the black shape and thought it was an ear of corn, but now I see the other characteristics. Please post when you get more finalized version.

FitnessTribesman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitnesstribesman13 Oh! Now I see. LOL at first I saw the black shape and thought it was an ear of corn, but now I see the other characteristics. Please post when you get more finalized version.

Of course! I'll update it sometime in the future though. I'm somewhat more focused on the content of movement than the aesthetics though. So unfortunately, no one will get a glimpse of the new flag anytime soon. Fortunately, the content of the movement will expand at least. I find the content the greater priority as well.