Can there be a Sherlock Holmes that exists? Your opinion.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Vouile

I was wondering if in this world, if there could be a Sherlock Holmes? Is it possible?

Such as...

Could there be a person who could define the food you were eating by the sauce spot on your shirt or the crumbs on your lips?...

This is just a single example.

In other words, can there be a person in this world that can recite the detective skills that Sherlock Holmes has displayed in all of his book, comics and movies in his or her own unique ways?

I think it's possible without the person having any supernatural abilities. Although the person has to be very tactically smart.

Vouile.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

It's all elementary.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Xanni15

What supernatural abilities?

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Kal'smahboi

He's basically a high functioning autistic person who's good at everything. Sure, it could happen.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Vouile

@Xanni15 said:

Can there be a person like Sherlock Holmes without being super powered.

@Kal'smahboi said:

He's basically a high functioning autistic person who's good at everything. Sure, it could happen.

Yes, my thoughts agree.

Vouile.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Yeah sure why not? Batman is real.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ssejllenrad

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Yeah sure why not? Batman is real.

Dude... Hate to break it to you... But not because Superman is real, doesn't mean Batman is real as well. Nyehehehe!

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xanni15

@Vouile said:

@Xanni15 said:

Can there be a person like Sherlock Holmes without being super powered.

There could be, but there won't be.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@ssejllenrad:

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ssejllenrad

Since Holmes was allegedly based on 2 (or three if you count Doyle himself) real-life people(Sir Henry Littlejohn and Dr. Bell), I guess it is possible.

@DarkKnightDetective: LOL! :D

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@Vouile: Eyes and ears, anyone who pays attention to someone closely enough can tell quite a bit about someone. Just yesterday, I tried it out, checked out a complete stranger on the bus stop, he had on a wrinkled suit, coffee stain on the shirt, signalling he had a business job, yet was late getting there, didn't have time to iron or change, yellow teeth and a cough signaled he was a smoker, he had graying hair, meaning his job was stressful. And that's just a glance, it's really not that hard.
CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CrimsonCake

Depends on which version, If it's Robert Downy Jr's version, then I don't know, he was able to predict his opponent's next moves when he was in a fighting arena and I'm don't know if that's possible.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jorgevy

it's possible. Unlikely, but possible. It's a simple combination of natural talents with experience

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By warlock360

@the creator: dang your still around? :D

@Vouile: people evolve into what they need to adapt to in their lifespan. If someone is needs to rely on his detective skills to get through then I'd bet my money on that person. (someone who evolves a accute sense for observation and such)

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Chaos Burn

@Kal'smahboi said:

my thoughts exaclty

there are people who can draw cities from memory, so a detective who notices every factor and detail is possible

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xanni15

@Chaos Burn said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

my thoughts exaclty

there are people who can draw cities from memory, so a detective who notices every factor and detail is possible

It's not just that he remembers, he's able to apply what he knows.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vouile

Alright, thank you everyone for participating their response! =3

Vouile

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I absolutely think it is possible!

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Chaos Burn

@Xanni15 said:

@Chaos Burn said:

@Kal'smahboi said:

my thoughts exaclty

It's not just that he remembers, he's able to apply what he knows.

I know, which can be totally possible, just need someone with enough experiences and time to study WHO can remember stuff liek an autistic person

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By SuperTide

Sure all it takes is for someone to name their son Sherlock Holmes. Duh idiot.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By PowerHerc

No.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Xanni15

@SuperTide said:

Clearly he didn't mean only in name, and no need to insult anyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

RDJ Film version - No. The predicting how a fight will go is impossible given the amount of knowledge Holmes had. The bit at the end of Game of Shadows was especially ridiculous.

Book version - Possibly, if someone had the right mind-set and trained enough, I could see it happening.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By SuperTide

@Xanni15 said:

@SuperTide said:

Clearly he didn't mean only in name, and no need to insult anyone.

so now i'm the idiot.just great.

INLIFE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By INLIFE

Predicting How The Fight Will Go Is Something That A Real-Life Midnighter Might Be Able To Do One Day.

Being exactly like Sherlock Holmes in real life would be difficult. However, based on my reading of some of the stories, Watson was capable of simulating Holmes's genius. If one trains themselves to see from a different perspective, they might be able to use this perspective for a short duration every few minutes. The things that are capable of affecting this negatively are anxiety, confidence, low amounts of concentration, and bad vision. Holmes always seems to notice things that are precise in his surrounding environment.

There are three things you really need:

-Knowledge. One must have some knowledge of what things are, what traces they leave, and how they connect in the big picture. You need to know your different types of sauces before making an inference about what sauce that stain originated from.

-Peace And Concentration. To make an inference that is probable, you need to think. Everything is different when one is at peace or some form of concentration. There are many techniques for meditation everywhere. When I say everywhere, I mean everywhere.

One of my favorite T.V SHOWS OF ALL TIME IS Lie To Me. The entire premise is about a man who has taught himself throughout his entire life to read facial expression and determine the truth your brain lets out when you say anything. The first couple of episodes were pure and all about the science. It is currently available on Netflix and I recommend for those interested to watch it. The main character is basically a Sherlock Holmes but with lies. He is the backbone of the entire show. There is a professor who can do the same thing but is not correct all of the time. He is what one should aim to be in their expectations.

.........I have taught myself since I was a child to see the world in a completely different perspective. Till this day, I am still attempting to figure out how I did it. I always imagined a HUD was in my eyes that kept on analyzing the environment around me. I was still a child, but looked at the world from a somewhat tactical perspective that not even some adults could do. It was a happy time whenever I lost my mother in the mall. And from where I come from, the malls are huge. I felt that I was in a mission and my objective was to find my mom. I viewed every person within a surrounding radius as a possible threat and looked at them as if they were all completely different worlds.

Today, I analyze people, their actions, and their personalities to determine where they are coming from and how they will affect me. The only person to have ever really been a mystery to me is a girl that I fell for.

I have also trained myself to concentrate on sounds to determine their locations and what caused them. Most of the time, I know the location and the actions of the neighbors in the apartment right below me. I know the distinct sound of footsteps that everybody in my family makes. The negative thing about all this is that it makes life extremely boring. Another problem is that I recognize the sound of my school bus all the way from my apartment. It takes about 3-5 minutes to reach my bus stop. I hate it when I can tell that I am late all the way from my home.

This all I have to say right now. Those who want to see the world from this perspective need to be confident and calm. I lack confidence to a great degree and somewhat doubtful of some of my deductions. Most of the time, I am usually correct however.

P.S: WATCH Sherlock!!! It is a show made by BBC and meant to be a modern retelling of Sherlock Holmes. It really shows you how how Holmes makes his deductions and you are bound to enjoy every minute of it. It is currently available on Netflix or you can just watch it online.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CrimsonCake

@guttridgeb said:

RDJ Film version - No. The predicting how a fight will go is impossible given the amount of knowledge Holmes had. The bit at the end of Game of Shadows was especially ridiculous.

Book version - Possibly, if someone had the right mind-set and trained enough, I could see it happening.

You mean how when he was able to blend into the background when Watson was in the room?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@CrimsonCake: I was meaning the "fight" with Moriarty where they communicated telepathically.

utotheg38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By utotheg38

@PowerHerc said:

No.

lol this