Can anyone tell me the equation I need to find this?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531dce659a2
deactivated-5c531dce659a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would like calculate how much TNT/megatons it would take to split the moon in half, what equation would I need for this and is there a website that has a list of equations like this?

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this that Toneri shit

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There isn't going to be some single equation for this. There are way too many unknowns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aka_aka_aka_ak: how accurate would you say something like this is?

M = m = Mass of half the moon = 3.674* 10^(22) kg

G = gravitational constant = 6.67* 10^(-11)

MoonRadius = 1737 km = 1,737,000 m

MoonSplitWidth = 50 km = 50,000 m

Gravitational potential energy of the unsplit moon = G*M*m/r1 = G*M*m/[2x (3/8)x MoonRadius]

Plug in the values, you'll get the value as 6.91* 10^28 J

Gravitational potential energy of the split moon = G*M*m/r2 = G*M*m/[2x (3/8)x MoonRadius + MoonSplitWidth]

Plug in the values, you'll get the 6.66 * 10^28 J

Energy needed to split the moon by 50 km = Difference between the values = (6.91-6.66)* 10^(28) J

= 2.5* 10^(27) J

~ 597.5 Petatons or approximately 600 Petatons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmanplusjay: yes I found this above ^ and wanted to know how accurate the equation was, I know the numbers are a little off but if the equation is correct I can fix the numbers.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax: The last math class so took was College Algebra. And I don't remember any of this shit.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xzone

@batmanplusjay: Pretty sure that equation is a bit above college algebra

X

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As I’ve mentioned before, slitting the moon in half with GWRE wouldn’t obey the laws of physics due to the nature of the attack.

Think of it this way: what is the maximum length Of a wooden door that a lightsaber can cut through?

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A^2+B^2=C^2

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xzone said:

@batmanplusjay: Pretty sure that equation is a bit above college algebra

X

Nah, it’s really not. The format of it just makes it look confusing. It’s actually all down to basic 11th grade physics.

No Caption Provided

@vummax: why can’t you just call it large country/multi country? That would be more in line with the scaling from their final clash at VOTE.

It would make no sense that naruto would suddenly get continental energy reserves and that’s due to the fact that we assume it was toneri’s moon slice that caused the shifting apart, rather than the animators not understanding how gravity works and assuming that the moon would drift apart on its own. If it were truly continental, it would’ve cause a massive earthquake and naruto definitely wouldn’t have stopped it’s first slice by simply blocking with his hands, not to mention the fact that the moon was partially hollow, though I don’t think that would’ve mattered anyways due to the nature of the attack.

Not to mention, it didn’t really look to be 50 KM from the close up shots of the attack after the first slice. If they really wanted it to be continental, they would have emphasized the shifting more and shown much more destruction rather than simply a cutting motion.

Hell, if i apply irl physics too, I could say that the moon drifted because of the gravitational pull of the earth on one of the halves as we see from the POV of the konoha scientist.

All in all, we should call it multi country at best, and anything higher wouldn’t be in line with the rest of the feats in the series, thereby making it an outlier.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Naruto wasn't at 100% in the clash both he and Sasuke state that he has zero chakra left that was from just was Kurama could muster.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax: I don’t remeber him stating he had “0” chakra left, and this wouldn’t matter anyways seeing as sasuke was also a part of that explosion, along with all the other 9 tailed beasts at full power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Naruto also only has 1 half Kurama. Let me get the scan.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax said:

@ourmanuel: Naruto also only has 1 half Kurama. Let me get the scan.

But as I said, this is more than compensated for by sasuke having access to all the 9 tailed beasts and also naruto absorbing quite a lot of chakra.

So it would make no sense that naruto at about 1/3rd of his power would accomplish something that sasuke(who was basically a pseudo juubi-Jin at that point) and naruto with all that sage energy, couldn’t do, multiplied by 10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Sasuke doesn't use DC based attacks tho, nothing he has is big and flashy nor does be know how to use the tailed beast.

If Naruto with only 1/2 Kurama can perfectly match Sasuke and make a country + attack nothing suggests that he couldn't with full Kurama and 100% of his own chakra do something even larger. That's not even taking into consideration the other tailed beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Plus Naruto was using his RS why wouldn't a TBB with all his chakra be stronger? TBB>RS

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax said:

@ourmanuel: Sasuke doesn't use DC based attacks tho, nothing he has is big and flashy nor does be know how to use the tailed beast.

He was channeling the 9 tailed beasts, and the fact that Indra’s arrow aided in that explosion already proves that it has DC. Which isn’t surprising considering the fact that itachi could also use yasaka magatama for its dc in his susanoo.

If Naruto with only 1/2 Kurama can perfectly match Sasuke and make a country + attack nothing suggests that he couldn't with full Kurama and 100% of his own chakra do something even larger. That's not even taking into consideration the other tailed beast

There isn’t even much proof that it was country level even. They were some miles above cloud level, yet the explosion didnt react the ground, or go above Sakura and kakashi in the first country.

Another problem here is that naruto didn’t have full Kurama for the moon feat, and he also wasn’t absorbing all the sage energy that he could. Not to mention, there was no sasuke present to also add to the attack.

Oh and you should probably move this to gen discussion or create a topic there and tag people.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax said:

@ourmanuel: Plus Naruto was using his RS why wouldn't a TBB with all his chakra be stronger? TBB>RS

If he thought TBB would’ve been stronger, he would’ve used it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: Well Naruto said multiple times that he didn't want to kill Sasuke so why would he use a stronger attack?

Show me 1 DC feat from any if Sasukes attack that match Naruto's.

Also remember how Naruto gained a massive buff by becoming friends with Kurama? Sasuke was stealing the chakra which isn't as strong as them giving it to him. That's why BM>>>>>KCM.

ourmanuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vummax said:

@ourmanuel: Well Naruto said multiple times that he didn't want to kill Sasuke so why would he use a stronger attack?

That’s irrelevant considering they both still put their all into that attack, as evidenced by naruto draining all that sage energy and them losing all of their chakra as a result.

Show me 1 DC feat from any if Sasukes attack that match Naruto's.

Except that sasuke doesn’t normally have as much chakra as naruto in the first place, so it would be impossible to prove this.

Or are you implying that indra’s arrow is only town level?

Also remember how Naruto gained a massive buff by becoming friends with Kurama? Sasuke was stealing the chakra which isn't as strong as them giving it to him. That's why BM>>>>>KCM.

Except that sasuke has subdued the tailed beasts at this point and was controlling them with his sharingan/rinnegan techs. He would’ve gotten their chakra whether they wanted to give it or not. Same thing with obito controlling the bijuus and making them fire off TBB.

Once again, create a thread in gen discussion if you want a proper thread. This isn’t really going anywhere.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel:

1.) Except he didn't put his all into the attack he was unable too. The fact is he had less than 50% of his power so it's impossible for that 1 attack to be 100% of his power.

2.) I'm implying that Sasuke's kit is nothing but hax and potency he doesn't have flashy Nuke like attacks which is the truth, Indra arrow is a long range Peirceing attack it's not like TBB or RS that's meant to expand.

3.) Naruto had Kurama subdued with seals and was in control of him, being in control isn't the issue, Sasukes chakra wasn't infused with them he had his chakra and then theirs in a side chakra pool. Naruto and Kurama's chakra became one single pool.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splitting the moon in half isn’t as likely as causing it to expand in all directions.

Look into equations revolving around supernova and plug in the values of the moon. You will be able to find the amount of force required to separate it and then just convert that energy into TNT.

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ourmanuel: I took physics freshman year. So I definitely forgot all that.