Can anarchy be considered useful or benficial in any way?

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By crazy spidey

Besides the fact that Anarchy leads to government and is therefore impossible, does anyone think that they would benefit in Anarchy?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

It would give me the opportunity to set my plans for world domination I have always been waiting for. Pretend I never revealed my life long goal.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Gottheit

I see Anarchy only as a temporary tool to overthrow a current government. Beyond that, all it does is create needless chaos and death. True, humans crave these, but most can't outright admit that, and need the illusion and lie of control, of any kind. so, yeah.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Forever

Gottheit says:

"I see Anarchy only as a temporary tool to overthrow a current government."

Too true. It's at it's most beneficial, the briefer it is.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Sparda

However way V used it, is pretty much the only beneficial thing there is to it. Getting rid of a lousy @$$ Government.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By crazy spidey

Gottheit says:

"I see Anarchy only as a temporary tool to overthrow a current government. Beyond that, all it does is create needless chaos and death. True, humans crave these, but most can't outright admit that, and need the illusion and lie of control, of any kind. so, yeah."

lol actually humans crave safety and protection, thats y it cant work forever.

Aseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aseptic

ANARKY RULES!

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

I can't believe George Bush is still in the White House. It's testimony to how the Democrats really are spineless. The list of charges against him and Dick are nearly endless. From rigging an election, profiteering, criminal negligence, sitting for SEVEN MINUTES after you are told that America is under attack.....

Any of those things should get him kicked out of office. He makes Nixon look like FDR.

I dunno about anarchy, but could it really be worse?

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Superkitty

Another reason why anarchy won't work is that people are lazy. If a road is in disrepair, it's up to you to fix it or if someone's house catches on fire, everyone forms a bucket line (unless there is some sort of volunteer fire dept. depends on how much of an anarchy you want)

I live in an apartment complex and people can't even put recycles in the 2nd or 3rd bin back - they just throw it on the first one and don't look to see if the other ones are filled. And you want these people in an anarchy, even a peaceable one?

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crazy spidey

Superkitty says:

"Another reason why anarchy won't work is that people are lazy. If a road is in disrepair, it's up to you to fix it or if someone's house catches on fire, everyone forms a bucket line (unless there is some sort of volunteer fire dept. depends on how much of an anarchy you want) I live in an apartment complex and people can't even put recycles in the 2nd or 3rd bin back - they just throw it on the first one and don't look to see if the other ones are filled. And you want these people in an anarchy, even a peaceable one?"

ah, but thats asuming humans are naturally evil and only care about themselves. Others beleive that humans are naturally good, and that it is society that corrupts them...

Aseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aseptic

Post Deleted.

Aseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aseptic

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I can't believe George Bush is still in the White House. It's testimony to how the Democrats really are spineless. The list of charges against him and Dick are nearly endless. From rigging an election, profiteering, criminal negligence, sitting for SEVEN MINUTES after you are told that America is under attack..... Any of those things should get him kicked out of office. He makes Nixon look like FDR. I dunno about anarchy, but could it really be worse?"

lol. no

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By crazy spidey

Aseptic says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"I can't believe George Bush is still in the White House. It's testimony to how the Democrats really are spineless. The list of charges against him and Dick are nearly endless. From rigging an election, profiteering, criminal negligence, sitting for SEVEN MINUTES after you are told that America is under attack..... Any of those things should get him kicked out of office. He makes Nixon look like FDR. I dunno about anarchy, but could it really be worse?"
lol. **no**"

do u seriously think anarchy is good...?

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

crazy spidey says:

"Superkitty says:
"Another reason why anarchy won't work is that people are lazy. If a road is in disrepair, it's up to you to fix it or if someone's house catches on fire, everyone forms a bucket line (unless there is some sort of volunteer fire dept. depends on how much of an anarchy you want) I live in an apartment complex and people can't even put recycles in the 2nd or 3rd bin back - they just throw it on the first one and don't look to see if the other ones are filled. And you want these people in an anarchy, even a peaceable one?"
ah, but thats asuming humans are naturally evil and only care about themselves. Others beleive that humans are naturally good, and that it is society that corrupts them..."

Superkitty is right. Most of us are happy so long as we eat our junk food and aren't put to too much effort. People are naturally selfish, as long as we're okay the rest of the world can burn.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I can't believe George Bush is still in the White House. It's testimony to how the Democrats really are spineless. The list of charges against him and Dick are nearly endless. From rigging an election, profiteering, criminal negligence, sitting for SEVEN MINUTES after you are told that America is under attack.....Any of those things should get him kicked out of office. He makes Nixon look like FDR.I dunno about anarchy, but could it really be worse?"

Lmao

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"I can't believe George Bush is still in the White House. It's testimony to how the Democrats really are spineless. The list of charges against him and Dick are nearly endless. From rigging an election, profiteering, criminal negligence, sitting for SEVEN MINUTES after you are told that America is under attack.....Any of those things should get him kicked out of office. He makes Nixon look like FDR.I dunno about anarchy, but could it really be worse?"

Good lord....

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Do you remember New York City being ATTACKED on 9/11 2001?????

or, are you pne of those loons that thinks the US government did it? like every other tragic moment that happens on this planet???

the brain washed minds of minutia...

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Do you remember New York City being ATTACKED on 9/11 2001?????or, are you pne of those loons that thinks the US government did it? like every other tragic moment that happens on this planet???the brain washed minds of minutia..."

I don't see where he said that at all.

Mr. Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mr. Ubiquitous

Gambler says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"Do you remember New York City being ATTACKED on 9/11 2001?????or, are you pne of those loons that thinks the US government did it? like every other tragic moment that happens on this planet???the brain washed minds of minutia..."

I don't see where he said that at all."

you are correct, my mistake...but the rest of his post WAS mindless

Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

Mr. Ubiquitous says:

"Do you remember New York City being ATTACKED on 9/11 2001????? or, are you pne of those loons that thinks the US government did it? like every other tragic moment that happens on this planet??? the brain washed minds of minutia..."

Yes, I remember. I remember a bunch of Saudis getting on four planes and carrying out the plan of another Saudi hiding behind the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. I don't recall Iraq having ANY involvement, nor ANY evidence being produced to support the theory that they did. I don't recall even the slightest sanction being considered towards the Saudi Arabians, despite being the most apparently culpable.

This administration chased a pointless war that caused more loss of Iraqi life in four years than Saddam did in twenty. They betrayed the troops by failing to equip them, sending in mercenaries and failing to look after wounded veterans. They sent 22 year olds out to rebuild Iraqi infrastructure and granted contracts to cronies, even when they failed to live up to their end of the deal.

Metalhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Metalhead

Personally, I'm an anarcho-capatalist. When it comes to this argument, I believe its stupid. Because one side "knows" they're right or one side argues and doesn't know exactly what they're arguing for. There aren't enough people that know that anarchy isn't rioting and bomb-throwing.
Post Edited:2007-11-09 19:14:43

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chameleone

Metalhead says:

"Personally, I'm an anarcho-capatalist. When it comes to this argument, I believe its stupid. Because one side "knows" they're right or one side argues and doesn't know exactly what they're arguing for."

amen

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"Mr. Ubiquitous says:
"Do you remember New York City being ATTACKED on 9/11 2001????? or, are you pne of those loons that thinks the US government did it? like every other tragic moment that happens on this planet??? the brain washed minds of minutia..."

Yes, I remember. I remember a bunch of Saudis getting on four planes and carrying out the plan of another Saudi hiding behind the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. I don't recall Iraq having ANY involvement, nor ANY evidence being produced to support the theory that they did. I don't recall even the slightest sanction being considered towards the Saudi Arabians, despite being the most apparently culpable.

This administration chased a pointless war that caused more loss of Iraqi life in four years than Saddam did in twenty. They betrayed the troops by failing to equip them, sending in mercenaries and failing to look after wounded veterans. They sent 22 year olds out to rebuild Iraqi infrastructure and granted contracts to cronies, even when they failed to live up to their end of the deal. "

I'm glad someone said it.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Chameleone

Gambler says:

"Cosmic Sentinel says:
"Mr. Ubiquitous says:

This administration chased a pointless war that caused more loss of Iraqi life in four years than Saddam did in twenty. They betrayed the troops by failing to equip them, sending in mercenaries and failing to look after wounded veterans. They sent 22 year olds out to rebuild Iraqi infrastructure and granted contracts to cronies, even when they failed to live up to their end of the deal. "

I'm glad someone said it."

i respectfully disagree

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_Ghostshell

shrugs it happens.

Chameleone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Chameleone

Gambler says:

"*shrugs* it happens."

it do...it do

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crazy spidey

Metalhead says:

"Personally, I'm an anarcho-capatalist. When it comes to this argument, I believe its stupid. Because one side "knows" they're right or one side argues and doesn't know exactly what they're arguing for. There aren't enough people that know that anarchy isn't rioting and bomb-throwing.
Post Edited:2007-11-09 19:14:43"

anrcho-capitalism, impossible. Anarchy involves NO governement. the job of the governmetn in capitalism, though small, is crucial, to bring the producer and consummer together. However I believe perhaps u are correct, there are not enough ppl who understand the true meaning of anarchy, or can fathom it.

Metalhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Metalhead

I get that it would be intangible to see happening, with the government so deep in our society today, but its a nice thing to dream about. Currently, I'm just hoping for small government, minarchy at least.

And how is it that the government is needed to bring the producer and the consumer together?

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crazy spidey

Metalhead says:

"I get that it would be intangible to see happening, with the government so deep in our society today, but its a nice thing to dream about. Currently, I'm just hoping for small government, minarchy at least. And how is it that the government is needed to bring the producer and the consumer together?"

neoclassical economic thought. It favors extensive market coordination and relatively neutral patterns of governmental market regulation aimed at maintaining property rights, rather than privileging particular social actors;

Keynesian economics challenged the notion that laissez-faire capitalist economics could operate well on their own, without state intervention used to promote aggregate demand, fighting high unemployment and deflation of the sort seen during the 1930s. He and his followers recommended "pump-priming" the economy to avoid recession: cutting taxes, increasing government borrowing, and spending during an economic down-turn.

both these theories challenge each other, however they beleive that a government should exist.

Aseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Aseptic

crazy spidey says:

"Aseptic says:
"Cosmic Sentinel says:
lol. **no**"
do u seriously think anarchy is good...?"

dude there is a highway in germany and they can go as fast as they want and there has been less accidents on that highway then in the U.S. I think that if people know that they can do something like grand theft auto, and it's legal they wont want to do it cuz it takes the fun out of it.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crazy spidey

Aseptic says:

"crazy spidey says:
"Aseptic says:
"Cosmic Sentinel says:
lol. **no**"
do u seriously think anarchy is good...?"
dude there is a highway in germany and they can go as fast as they want and there has been less accidents on that highway then in the U.S. I think that if people know that they can do something like grand theft auto, and it's legal they wont want to do it cuz it takes the fun out of it."

u think ppl do it... for fun. I dont know wy I even bother disscussing it with some ppl.

Metalhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Metalhead

That whole thing about someone doing something because someone tells them to not do it is true and false for different people, and I don't like using the arguement. People do things because they want to, the legality of something never stopped anyone from doing anything.

crazy spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By crazy spidey

Metalhead says:

"That whole thing about someone doing something because someone tells them to not do it is true and false for different people, and I don't like using the arguement. People do things because they want to, the legality of something never stopped anyone from doing anything. "

u realize there was anarchy before, and it evolved into a solid government. PPl run away from Complete freedom, anxieties etc... so Metalhead i thank you for not using it as a valid point.