Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"There's a time-worn pattern of a federal government and a predominantly white media tearing down a strong black athlete -- who this time happens to be on the cusp of besting the home run mark of a beloved white icon. "If you have a black man who's conscious and independent and on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record...that's frightening,” said Leonard Moore, a Louisiana State University professor who teaches a course on the history of the African-American athlete. “If you speak out, if you don't play to what white America wants, there will be persecution, scrutiny and unfair reporting.”"
NIce quote, but didn't you say earlier "Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now." That being a history class, I am sure that racism was rampant back in the day (Hank Aarons). Also, Bonds beat Babe Ruth a while ago and I don't recall anything being mentioned about steroids or even a big deal being made out of it I don't even remember when he did it. If Bonds didn't add 40lbs of muscle at age 35 (very unlikely naturally) and he wasnt involved with Balco (that is not disputed) and wasn't named in the same book that outed Mcguire/sosa, then their wouldn't be any stink about the record at all. Do you think bonds is totally clean? I don't think he is, I also don't think Mcguire or Sosa is. There are thousands of strong black athletes who obey the law and the rules of their league I have serious doubts that they feel that they are discriminated against at all. Michael Vick came into the NFL and was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he had the highest jersey sales, he drove the most attendance, and you never heard anything about the league being racist (especially when the falcons paid him 100 million dollars). Now that he has been federally indicted on dog fighting charges and the league has asked him not to play while it is resolved they are racist. "
When McGuire suddenly balked up nobody gave a $#@! its common knowledge that after the baseball strike the sport was in trouble so it looked the other way while Big Mac and Sosa single handedly brought it back, never mind how they did it, but then here comes Bonds about to pass Babe Ruth and thats when the $#@! hit the fan. I don't doubt you didn't hear any fuss back then since you already admitted you don't pay attention to baseball. I never said the NFL was racist. I don't know if your not paying attention or you just need to be right on this issue, I'm not sure."
Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL. "
Baseball in the beginning, but also the media covering Bonds. Not all but at least 50% There's racism in all sports I mean theres no argument there."
C'mon the media. You know what Chris Rock says about the media."
Chris Rock? I doubt he became the spokesmen for black America."

No, but you quoted bonds, and I don't think bonds is the spokesman either."

Lmao, Bonds is the topic, so I would imagine his thoughts on the subject would be helpful.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Valkaad

Gambler says:

"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"Valkaad says:
"Gambler says:
"There's a time-worn pattern of a federal government and a predominantly white media tearing down a strong black athlete -- who this time happens to be on the cusp of besting the home run mark of a beloved white icon. "If you have a black man who's conscious and independent and on the verge of breaking Babe Ruth's record...that's frightening,” said Leonard Moore, a Louisiana State University professor who teaches a course on the history of the African-American athlete. “If you speak out, if you don't play to what white America wants, there will be persecution, scrutiny and unfair reporting.”"
NIce quote, but didn't you say earlier "Its got nothing to do with who held the record before and everything to do with who's breaking it now." That being a history class, I am sure that racism was rampant back in the day (Hank Aarons). Also, Bonds beat Babe Ruth a while ago and I don't recall anything being mentioned about steroids or even a big deal being made out of it I don't even remember when he did it. If Bonds didn't add 40lbs of muscle at age 35 (very unlikely naturally) and he wasnt involved with Balco (that is not disputed) and wasn't named in the same book that outed Mcguire/sosa, then their wouldn't be any stink about the record at all. Do you think bonds is totally clean? I don't think he is, I also don't think Mcguire or Sosa is. There are thousands of strong black athletes who obey the law and the rules of their league I have serious doubts that they feel that they are discriminated against at all. Michael Vick came into the NFL and was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he had the highest jersey sales, he drove the most attendance, and you never heard anything about the league being racist (especially when the falcons paid him 100 million dollars). Now that he has been federally indicted on dog fighting charges and the league has asked him not to play while it is resolved they are racist. "
When McGuire suddenly balked up nobody gave a $#@! its common knowledge that after the baseball strike the sport was in trouble so it looked the other way while Big Mac and Sosa single handedly brought it back, never mind how they did it, but then here comes Bonds about to pass Babe Ruth and thats when the $#@! hit the fan. I don't doubt you didn't hear any fuss back then since you already admitted you don't pay attention to baseball. I never said the NFL was racist. I don't know if your not paying attention or you just need to be right on this issue, I'm not sure."
Who Are you saying is racist? Baseball? I thought you were saying sports in general, which would include the NFL. "
Baseball in the beginning, but also the media covering Bonds. Not all but at least 50% There's racism in all sports I mean theres no argument there."
C'mon the media. You know what Chris Rock says about the media."
Chris Rock? I doubt he became the spokesmen for black America."
No, but you quoted bonds, and I don't think bonds is the spokesman either."
Lmao, Bonds is the topic, so I would imagine his thoughts on the subject would be helpful."

Yeah but guys on steroids have irrational thoughts, so you can't trust them.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Lantern Prime

zero edge says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
"Good question. Why,choose him to shoulder the burden of many? What about him is so special?"
We all know whats up. Its cause he's black, nobody said $#@! when Mark Mcgwire was breaking the single season home run record. Hell steroids weren't even on the banned substance list in baseball until like 1997 or something. Pitchers were even using riods, not to mention Palemaro went before the senate and pointed his finger at them all and said "I've never used steroids." only to fail a drug test two weeks later. But Bonds is the ass$#@% how does that work?"
I agree, I hate to say it but I think it is because he is black."
No, it's because he's breaking/broke the greatest record in sports."
Its because hes black!
Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I have two questions

Gambler are you black?

Valkaad are you white?

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Valkaad

SoundWave07 says:

"zero edge says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
"Good question. Why,choose him to shoulder the burden of many? What about him is so special?"
We all know whats up. Its cause he's black, nobody said $#@! when Mark Mcgwire was breaking the single season home run record. Hell steroids weren't even on the banned substance list in baseball until like 1997 or something. Pitchers were even using riods, not to mention Palemaro went before the senate and pointed his finger at them all and said "I've never used steroids." only to fail a drug test two weeks later. But Bonds is the ass$#@% how does that work?"
Its because hes black! "

I think the media is down on him because he likes Godzilla.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Valkaad

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I have two questions Gambler are you black? Valkaad are you white?"

I am black and Gambler is white. what does that have to do with bonds taking steroids?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I have two questionsGambler are you black?Valkaad are you white?"

You can tell just by whats being said. Of course I'm black.

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lantern Prime

Valkaad says:

"SoundWave07 says:
"zero edge says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:
Its because hes black! "
I think the media is down on him because he likes Godzilla."
What does Godzilla have to do with this? I'm black as well!
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Apparition

everyone's calmed down now? good. now we can go back to talking about comic books

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"everyone's calmed down now? good. now we can go back to talking about comic books"

Well make us a decent battle thread. please

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Apparition

it'll take me a while but i'll come up with something.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Valkaad

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"everyone's calmed down now? good. now we can go back to talking about comic books"
Well make us a decent battle thread. *please*"

Man, I thought you would like my mythological battle thread. You didn't even respond on the Cage and Doc Samson vs The Wrecking crew thread

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Valkaad says:

"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
Well make us a decent battle thread. *please*"

Man, I thought you would like my mythological battle thread. You didn't even respond on the Cage and Doc Samson vs The Wrecking crew thread"

I'm not big on Thor and Odin. I will check out the Cage, Samson Wrecking Crew one.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Apparition

i made one that should be interesting.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#65  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Apparition says:

This is the off-topic forum, they can argue about drugs, racism and baseball if they want. It entertains me. Fight! Lord King Buckshot commands you!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Apparition says:

This is the off-topic forum, they can argue about drugs, racism and baseball if they want. It entertains me. Fight! Lord King Buckshot commands you!"

No more Lord King Buckshot. Your days of ruling over me are done.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Apparition says:
This is the off-topic forum, they can argue about drugs, racism and baseball if they want. It entertains me. Fight! Lord King Buckshot commands you!"

lol

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Forever

Interesting argument. Very Interesting.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Apparition says:

No more Lord King Buckshot. Your days of ruling over me are done."

But a King needs his jester!

(Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Forever

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"Apparition says:
But a King *needs* his jester! (Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)"

lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"Apparition says:

(Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)"

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"Apparition says:

(Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)"

"

I love that movie.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Forever

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:
"Apparition says:
But a King *needs* his jester! (Sorry, I just couldn't stop myself.)"
http://www.youtube.com/v/twW_riHWz_4 width=425 height=350 type=application/x-shockwave-flash wmode="transparent">"

LOL. Gotta love that movie.

Avatar image for justice_warrior
Justice Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#74  Edited By Justice Warrior

i like you

Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Lantern Prime

Fuck baseball!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By The_Ghostshell

SoundWave07 says:

"Fuck baseball!"

WTF? Go sit your fat ass down and keep eating your cheetos.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

SoundWave07 says:

"Fuck baseball!"

Watch your language. I know it's not the first time you've been told.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Sling Shot

A tree is reflective of its seed. America is a tree how was it planted? Through the hard work of our forefathers on the white cliffs of dover and the blah blah blah...nope it was planted on the backs of slaves and murder victims it is running off the inertia it got from that start. Keep digging and learn for yourself those of you who ain't scared.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"A tree is reflective of its seed. America is a tree how was it planted? Through the hard work of our forefathers on the white cliffs of dover and the blah blah blah...nope it was planted on the backs of slaves and murder victims it is running off the inertia it got from that start. Keep digging and learn for yourself those of you who ain't scared."

What does that have to do with Baseball?

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

America has a terrible history. It is built on blood and sin.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Sling Shot

And it's present is reflective of that past. The only way to turn from sin is to repent and turn to Christ. Which is often advertised in years past as the origins of America but rarely actually seen in practice by Americans.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Gambler says:

"Sling Shot says:
"A tree is reflective of its seed. America is a tree how was it planted? Through the hard work of our forefathers on the white cliffs of dover and the blah blah blah...nope it was planted on the backs of slaves and murder victims it is running off the inertia it got from that start. Keep digging and learn for yourself those of you who ain't scared."

What does that have to do with Baseball?"

I think he was commenting on racism being a part of Bonds being waved around

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gambler says:
"Sling Shot says:

What does that have to do with Baseball?"

I think he was commenting on racism being a part of Bonds being waved around"

Ohhhh gotcha. I'm slow.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#84  Edited By Phorqe

Sling Shot says:

"And it's present is reflective of that past. The only way to turn from sin is to repent and turn to Christ. Which is often advertised in years past as the origins of America but rarely actually seen in practice by Americans."

Praaaaaaaaise Satan!

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sling Shot

Phorqe says:

"Sling Shot says:
"And it's present is reflective of that past. The only way to turn from sin is to repent and turn to Christ. Which is often advertised in years past as the origins of America but rarely actually seen in practice by Americans."
Praaaaaaaaise Satan!"

Which is why we live the way we do today.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Phorqe

Sling Shot says:

"Phorqe says:
"Sling Shot says:
Praaaaaaaaise Satan!"

Which is why we live the way we do today."

Huh?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Sling Shot

Exactly.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Phorqe

You believe in Satan?

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Sling Shot

Yes I believe Satan exists.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Ah $#@! here we go again.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Sling Shot

I also Believe God sent his only begotten Son Christ Jesus as the cost for our(human race) redemption and that by no ther name but Jesus Christ can people's souls be saved.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Sling Shot

Gambler says:

"Ah $#@! here we go again."

Life is so cyclical. Ain't it? :)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"Gambler says:
"Ah $#@! here we go again."

Life is so cyclical. Ain't it? :)"

Especially on the vine. Its like Groundhogs Day.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Phorqe

I'm not going to say anything about your faith in Jesus, but Satan is made up by people who thought the world was flat and thought that mice were spawned from dirty rags.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Sling Shot

The greatest trick the devil ever played is to make the world think he don't exist.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Let's not start another religion arguement.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sling Shot says:

"The greatest trick the devil ever played is to make the world think he don't exist."

Alright Keysor Soze.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Phorqe

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Let's not start another religion arguement."

Ok, ok.... i just was taken back by how the subject of Christ got involved in a Barry Bonds thread. I don't think theres a scripture that says "Thou shall not juice."

Anyhoo the controversy is about him breaking an old record while on roids, not race or any of that crap. his name will be in the books but with an asterisk at the end.

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Sling Shot says:

"The greatest trick the devil ever played is to make the world think he don't exist."

funny thing, I just heard a Jay-Z song with that at the beginning.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Phorqe says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Let's not start another religion arguement."

Ok, ok.... i just was taken back by how the subject of Christ got involved in a Barry Bonds thread. I don't think theres a scripture that says "Thou shall not juice."

Anyhoo the controversy is about him breaking an old record while on roids, not race or any of that crap. his name will be in the books but with an asterisk at the end."

Funny when Big Mac broke the single season record nobody cared he was on the juice.