Best Videogame Console?

• 59 results
rawsos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im a big fan of playstation but Im starting to think a pc would be the better choice, since you can do school and work stuff as well as games. I dont like xbox because everything just seems kinda second rate compared to the playstation. what your opinion?

King Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King Saturn  Online

The Best Video Game Console to exist was the Playstation 2 IMO.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Probably the PS2. I played that more than any other console.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS2 was literally and figuratively my childhood. Nothing else comes close.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The PS2. I still play it.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either the SNES or the PS2. Both had extreme effect on the gaming industry and had fantastic games.

The most underrated console is the GameCube though. It still has arguably the best controller of all time (Only current gen controllers may be better), and it had several great games as well.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rawsos: Are you asking for the next generation of consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X)?

SquadDoubleYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could agree with majority, PS2 is ahead of its time

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In no order

Nintendo 64

PS2

Gamecube

Original Xbox

Atari

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Xbox 360 or the PS2

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, in all honesty, shouldn't ps4 and Nintendo switch be better than all of their previous consoles?

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, in all honesty, shouldn't ps4 and Nintendo switch be better than all of their previous consoles?

As a direct comparison, yes. But I think everyone is taking into account the time they came out and the influence they had on the gaming industry.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: This is Jeopardy! This console changes gaming for good and has games that hold up to this day. Think O.G. Mega Man. Buzz! Yes? NES. Correct!

Cosgrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosgrave

I think OP means for next gen

PCs are the best gaming console money can buy, so long as you have the money

If you are on a budget, PlayStation or Xbox are great gaming consoles for a reason

If you have the money, then ask yourself if you need a gaming desktop. Saying you will use it for homework is like saying you will use your new smartphone to call people. Its technically true but its other less productive features will take up the majority of your time if you're not careful

KGoulding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony Playstations hands down.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: This is Jeopardy! This console changes gaming for good and has games that hold up to this day. Think O.G. Mega Man. Buzz! Yes? NES. Correct!

I don’t quite understand.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: You shouldn't. Basically, any system that has classic six mega man games is instantly superior. Plus, super Mario bros. 3 is one of the top five Mario games in my opinion.

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DoTheTwist_  Online

Honestly....the ps4 is a trash console, how many memorable ps4 titles do we have? Now compare that to PS3......now go even further to PS2. Do you see the the problem here? I mean technically the ps4 is the better console but when taking the actual enjoyment overall I'd give it like a 6.5-7/10 no lie

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dothetwist_: But it doesn't matter, because NES destroys every other console. It has some of the best games in existence, and changed gaming for the better.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: You shouldn't. Basically, any system that has classic six mega man games is instantly superior. Plus, super Mario bros. 3 is one of the top five Mario games in my opinion.

Are you arguing for the NES? I thought you were saying that the Switch and PS4 are better than their previous consoles.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: When I argued for modern stuff, I thought this was about the processing power and stuff like that. Then I realized that this was about the games. The other console's chances of victory are in another castle.

Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox 360 is the GOAT console I don't care what anybody says. I had so much fun with it.

Avatar image for galanxg_6stunix
GalanxG_6Stunix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS2 or N64

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DoTheTwist_  Online

@dothetwist_: But it doesn't matter, because NES destroys every other console. It has some of the best games in existence, and changed gaming for the better.

Not even......SNES, N64, and even Genesis did far more for gaming NES was just the beginning. Ps2/xbox is where gaming was beginning to revolutionize and game consoles were apart of nearly every household, Halo 2, splinter cell, Final Fantasy 10, etc. Those games changed everything moving forward.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dothetwist_: Name one mega man game better than Mega Man 4. Go ahead. I'll wait. Name a better Mario game than smb3 that's not super Mario world. Oh, and everything needs a beginning. The NES is the beginning that actually did well. Most beginnings dont.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: When I argued for modern stuff, I thought this was about the processing power and stuff like that. Then I realized that this was about the games. The other console's chances of victory are in another castle.

Oh I understand. I personally like the SNES more than the NES, but gosh, the NES has some fantastic games. Like you mentioned, Super Mario 3 is arguably the best 2D platformer of all time.

I just remembered though, you can play several of the NES and SNES games and even those same six Mega Man game on the Switch. Obviously those games weren’t originally created for the Switch, but they can be played on that console too. Out of curiosity, do you think that those games should count in favor of the Switch’s library also?

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: The switch's library was how I played most of them. I was think that, but I don't think that should count.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: The switch's library was how I played most of them. I was think that, but I don't think that should count.

I agree.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: I will give the SNES credit for super mario world and Mega man x and Mortal kombat, but that's all that stands out to me.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: I will give the SNES credit for super mario world and Mega man x and Mortal kombat, but that's all that stands out to me.

I’m going to have to disagree with that. The SNES had several more fantastic games than just the ones you mentioned.

- Super Metroid

- A Link to the Past

- Super Mario Kart

- Earthbound

- Donkey Kong Country

- F-Zero

- Star Fox

and a lot more.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: I haven't played most of those. And I said the games that stood out to me. I didn't know Earthbound was on SNES, though.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: I haven't played most of those. And I said the games that stood out to me. I didn't know Earthbound was on SNES, though.

Go check them out. Super Metroid still holds up really well. A Link to the Past is still one of the best Zelda games. Super Mario Kart is the first Mario Kart game, and while it is hard to control, it still is a lot of fun. Earthbound is considered one of the best RPG’s ever (I don’t know if it’s on the Switch though). Donkey Kong Country is a very fun 2D platformer. F-Zero is one of the most fun racing games I’ve played.

I am yet to play Star Fox, but I’ve only heard great things about it.

TakenStew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TakenStew22  Online

Xbox 360 imo.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: No thanks. I'm nearly broke from buying so many games recently. Although I will check out earthbound if I get the chance. However, if not for the NES, not enough people would have cared about the SNES, which would have arguably made its games much worse.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it’s either the SNES or PS2

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: No thanks. I'm nearly broke from buying so many games recently. Although I will check out earthbound if I get the chance. However, if not for the NES, not enough people would have cared about the SNES, which would have arguably made its games much worse.

I thought you said you played most of the NES games on the Switch. The SNES library (or at least the games Nintendo has allowed on the Switch) are included in Nintendo Switch Online just like the NES ones. If you played those NES games on the Switch, then you can do the same with the SNES ones.

I give the NES a ton of credit for practically being the first extremely successful video game console (the Atari also did pretty well), but I don’t like saying something is better or best because it came first. Just because A New Hope came first doesn’t mean it should automatically be the best Star Wars film.

I think the SNES took everything that was great about the NES and took it even higher. The controller was better. The games were better. The whole console was better. That is, in my opinion.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Long story. But the NES had better Mario and Mega man games. And that's all I'm looking for in a console. Off-topic: am I the only person who thinks sonic games are too easy? I got sonic mania and half the levels are just visual effects.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eslay03: Long story. But the NES had better Mario and Mega man games. And that's all I'm looking for in a console. Off-topic: am I the only person who thinks sonic games are too easy? I got sonic mania and half the levels are just visual effects.

If that’s what you want in a console then more power to you, my friend. :)

Also, I haven’t played many Sonic games, but the one I did play for like ten minutes was Sonic Colors and it seemed pretty easy. Maybe they get harder the deeper you get into the game. Or maybe they’re purposely easy to make the user want to go fast rather than trying to not lose.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirkaboom11 said:

Honestly....the ps4 is a trash console, how many memorable ps4 titles do we have? Now compare that to PS3......now go even further to PS2. Do you see the the problem here? I mean technically the ps4 is the better console but when taking the actual enjoyment overall I'd give it like a 6.5-7/10 no lie

gow 4, Insomniac spiderman,RDR2

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SNES

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dothetwist_: memorable PS4 titles

Bloodborne

God of War

Spider-Man

Persona 5 Royal

Horizon Zero Dawn (May not be a big fan of it personally, but can’t deny how much I’ve seen people continue to talk bout it all these years later)

Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy (mainly including these together because LL was meant to be a dlc for UC4 that expanded to its own stand alone)

P.T. (May have been a playable teaser for a cancelled game, but can’t deny that even then, it left a lasting impact)

And that’s excluding games that were released this year that are likely going to be remembered (like Dreams, TLOU2, Ghost of Tsushima, etc etc)

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DoTheTwist_  Online

@mike_fowler: @darkthunder: GoW, RDR2, TLOU, and Uncharted are simply installments of a series that originated in last gen, and it's extremely hard to mess up those games with how well established they were. Unlike a FF title where they in most cases start from scratch character and plot wise. You litterally CANT make a bad spiderman game(Ultimate spider man on ps2 was still better imo), bloodborne just wasnt my cup of tea and didnt really catch any extra eyes. HZD is an underrated game IMO but it definitely is missing something that'll make it be heavily remembered down the line.

Now out of that list can any title you named really compete with the likes of Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet and Clank series, Splinter Cell series, Onimusha, Spongebob games, Crash Bandicoot, GTA, or DBZ Budokai series? I'm even more inclined to say most people would enjoy playing MK trilogy on Ps1 rather than Mk10 and MK11 on nextgen.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dothetwist_: Don't bring Mortal Kombat into this. The original three are better in arcade. And MK11 was more balanced.

DoTheTwist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DoTheTwist_  Online

@sirkaboom11 said:

@dothetwist_: Don't bring Mortal Kombat into this. The original three are better in arcade.

No.....they werent, the arcade music and sounds was cool and all but MK2 and beyond on console was the clear superior not even by a debatable margin at that. Outside of some of the fatalities being changed (the dreamcast I think?) I'd rather play it on any console but the megadrive.

And MK11 was more balanced.

So? Part of what made MKT fun to play was the overpowered AI abusing OP characters. I'd play UMK3 or Trilogy over it anyday, MK2 on the pS1 is an instant classic, mk11 will be forgotten after the next installment of the series just like MK9 and MKx.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dothetwist_: No A.I. slams cheap moves in MK11, and Mortal Kombat on arcade is less cheap. On console, you can pause to check out movesets.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Even though I've said PS2 was the best.

I still believe the Gamecube had the best controller. I've never held a better one since holding that. Loved playing Wind Waker and Pokémon Colosseum on it.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike_fowler: @darkthunder: GoW, RDR2, TLOU, and Uncharted are simply installments of a series that originated in last gen, and it's extremely hard to mess up those games with how well established they were.

You, you can’t be serious. Extremely hard to mess up? The very game before GoW 2018 was Ascension, which had people believing that the series had finally run its course. Even more, when it came to God of War 2018, Santa Monica practically did a soft reboot of the series, from location to gameplay mechanics that had numerous amounts of people skeptical to whether or not they could pull it off. To say that it’s “extremely hard to mess up those games” is a bit laughable

Unlike a FF title where they in most cases start from scratch character and plot wise. You litterally CANT make a bad spiderman game(Ultimate spider man on ps2 was still better imo)

Yeah no, if you genuinely believe that you “literally” can’t make a bad Spider-Man game, you haven’t played a good amount of them. Cause there’s several I can think of that were flat out terrible

, bloodborne just wasnt my cup of tea and didnt really catch any extra eyes.

It’s been included on numerous lists of top games of this generation

HZD is an underrated game IMO but it definitely is missing something that'll make it be heavily remembered down the line.

Now out of that list can any title you named really compete with the likes of Jak and Daxter series, Ratchet and Clank series, Splinter Cell series, Onimusha, Spongebob games, Crash Bandicoot, GTA, or DBZ Budokai series? I'm even more inclined to say most people would enjoy playing MK trilogy on Ps1 rather than Mk10 and MK11 on nextgen.

Did you really include the Spongebob and Budokai games? Yes, I can say beyond a shout out of a doubt that games like Bloodborne, HZD (which I’m not even a big fan of) Persona 5 Royal, or others easily stomp a mudhole in those particular games. Heck, since you’re including multiplatform games, I’d be inclined to say that a game like FighterZ easily solos the Budokai series (and I used to play And enjoy those games when I was younger)