Best Marvel Legends?

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are the best ones in your opinion? Toybiz or Hasbro.

McFlicky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By McFlicky

I loved the comics that came with the toybiz ones but hasbro's are higher quality

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

Both are good. I have plenty of them on my wall.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

OrangeVegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hasbro. While not every wave or figure is a hit, the Hasbro Legends tend to be higher quality just because of the technology available.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly hasbro has been killing it with the lady figures, while i will always have a soft spot 4 toybiz they're women looked like complete dogs

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These days I say Hasbro. They’ve recently released Fox X Men figures and a Sony Venom which all look sick. Out of them I’m currently searching for movie Deadpool.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imma go with Toybiz for accessories.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m bringing pics for us to admire because that is what this thread needs and I love Marvel Legends.

Toybiz

I think what Toybiz gets right overall is detail. Granted, imo, the grimdark designs are pretty overrated in media today. I always feel that their is a brighter side as their is darkness, so it doesn’t always feel good to look at dark designs. Yet, it is still good for setting atmospheres and moods at times, which is where Toybiz mostly succeeded for me.

No Caption Provided

First, we have the Sentinel. With a new Sentinel coming from Hasbro, it feels more comic accurate this time around. With that said, I prefer this version from Toybiz for its grimmer look. It feels more horror filled. I could truly picture this thing hunting mutants over the purple colored giants, which aren’t bad looking by any means. What can I say? Sometimes, darker tones and grittier looks do add a better atmosphere.

No Caption Provided

Speaking of darker color palettes and grittier looks, here we have Toad. I never really saw Toad as a threat in the comics. Here though, I do get a sense of disgust in the way this was sculpted and painted, which is a good thing when it comes to Toad. It feels intentional and I could really be unsettled looking at someone who looked like this in real life.

No Caption Provided

And we have Modok. While the colors aren’t as dark, the sculpted detail give this a gritty feeling, even for such a goofily designed character. I love the good colors on the chair and the wrinkles formed from the clenched angered look.

No Caption Provided

Another gross out look in Toybiz‘s repertoire. Mojo typically is supposed to look grotesque and this figure really hits a homerun with the shading, the expression, and the shiny technology to contrast the gross alien sitting in it. The wires sculpted into the tale and detailed wrinkles in the skin. It’s gross in the best way.

No Caption Provided

While Toybiz had a very bad track record in their female figures, I always personally liked their Dark Phoenix figure. The paint work is gorgeous, the translucent Phoenix Force carrying Jean, and the look sculpted on her face feels more possessed versus the regular green variant, which does look pretty weird.

No Caption Provided

This Colossus figure is also incredibly good. My one gripe with it is how clean the costume is in contrast to the metal. I like the worn metal look in this figure personally, as if he just got back from a mission. Yet, the costume looks like it had been washed and pressed. Sculpting is good, paint work excellent, but the costume could have used more work.

No Caption Provided

This Weapon X figure is possibly one of the best examples of Toybiz at its best. The rippling, hairy muscle, the dirty fingers, the detailed technology and the detailed Stan behind Logan. The detachable parts are also a really nice touch. This figure is just incredible.

No Caption Provided

Last one will be Venom. The shiny black paint, the detailed teeth and gums added to the disgustingly brilliant looking tongue. The sculpting of the muscles feels very 90’s to me and it feels like I am looking at freaky alien creature, which hits home why Toybiz did great by their figures overall in my opinion.

Hasbro

Though I love Toybiz’s figures with a good sense of nostalgia to accompany my tastes, Hasbro is the superior of the two in my opinion. Granted, they had a rough start for me though. Long ago, I would have advocated for the good ol Toybiz days with some of the quality figures Hasbro used to put out. Nowadays, they knock it all out of the park in accuracy and vibrancy, Especially the female figures, which is probably what this list will mostly end up being made of....mostly.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Perfect start. The Stepford Cuckoos, a group of clones of Emma Frost, which means you are gonna want three to five of the same figure for accuracy. The only pity about this figure is that it gives three different heads for one figure instead of three, which is madness. It should really be a three-in one pack at least. It’s a pity that collectors have to buy three of the same figures individually, but the plus side, they don’t have to go to the trouble needing extra Celeste heads for their other Cuckoo figures because her head already comes with each individual figure alongside Phoebe and Mindee. This means, they can choose between the Bendis version of the Cuckoos, or form the original design, which had them as twins to quintuplets, depending on how many Cuckoos you had.

No Caption Provided

Here we have proof that Hasbro can bring in the great detail the same way Toybiz could. Added accessories, shiny plastic, and even an interchangeable head? Well deserved pick.

No Caption Provided

Holy mother of.....Black Cat. Another gorgeously sculpted figure. I wonder what they used for reference in sculpting this masterpiece because that face is just *chefs kiss*.

No Caption Provided

Another thing Hasbro gets right usually are their movie figures. Comparing the likeness is amazing. I am using this Black Panther figure as an example, but it’s actually most of the figures that capture the likeness of the characters.

No Caption Provided

Contrary to what a certain crazed Storm fan would say, I actually like Storm as a character and was ecstatic to get this figure of her. They really did her justice with the hair sculpt, face, colors, and lightning effects.

No Caption Provided

Not even out yet and I am already excited for this one. This White Queen figure is gorgeous and just.....AAAAH, I can’t wait to get it. The bob cut, the white outfit with a cape (finally!!). It’s perfect!

No Caption Provided

Psylocke here is a vast improvement from Toybizes. Plus the added effects made it a very hard one for me to pass up. Unfortunately, I had to be a responsible adult and save money to well, live.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

My favorite figure by far. Dark Phoenix from the Toys R Us exclusive box set. The Cyclops is good in that, but the real prize is Jean in the set. The head sculpts are gorgeous, the colors are beautiful, and the translucent plastic. The gripe I have is that the Phoenix is tiny here, but eh. I can easily use the Phoenix base from the Toybiz Marvel Legends or Diamond Select Phoenix to remedy that. The epitome of why I put Hasbro over Toybiz nowadays.