Batman v Superman vs Age of Ultron

• 66 results
Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman v Superman vs Age of Ultron (90 votes)

BvS 36%
AoU 64%

Which movie did you like better?I saw both on cinema and I'd definitely say BvS is my clear choice. The only thing I was disappointed about was the cutting/editing of the movie, they should have kept some of the deleted scenes because it got messy sometimes. Other than that, the CGI & acting was very well done, I loved Ben Affleck as Batman same with Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. It also had bada$$ soundtracks.

AoU disappointed me, I was looking forward to see Ultron as a villain in a movie, in the trailers he looked intimidating like he should, but it seemed like they took his best parts in the trailer because in the movie he was a complete joke.

• 
lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lettsplay10

BVS was better

TOATOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

age of ultron imo

i enjoyed it more than BvS

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

AoU was complete mediocrity from beginning to end. There was literally nothing about that movie worth remembering.

Hell, the whole "is thor a city buster" argument has given me more enjoyment than the movie itself ever did.

BvS had some low valleys without a doubt, but for me its peaks make it better.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm. Maybe Batman v Superman.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Batman v. Superman. Has it's own lows, but was at least something original and consistent. I thoroughly enjoyed it on every viewing.

I don't hate AoU. But it's a forgettable action film that was a step down from the first film.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS has the right idea. AoU was just some action film, there's really nothing else we can say about it other than the fact that it starred the Avengers, even though I did like the movie after my second viewing. It had no character development, no meaningful interactions, no depth to speak of, nothing about it was worth emotionally connecting to in any way and therefore it's not memorable. It's no coincidence the 17 minutes on Hawkeye's farm was the best section of the film.

But IMO BvS is a masterpiece.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@nickzambuto said:

TAS has the right idea. AoU was just some action film, there's really nothing else we can say about it other than the fact that it starred the Avengers, even though I did like the movie after my second viewing. It had no character development, no meaningful interactions, no depth to speak of, nothing about it was worth emotionally connecting to in any way and therefore it's not memorable. It's no coincidence the 17 minutes on Hawkeye's farm was the best section of the film.

Thanks for the support, man! I'd rather a film that has it's shortcomings but tries something fresh, original and substantial then something safe. Yeah, BvS is flawed, but I'd be lying if I didn't prefer it to 95% of the movies I saw this year. Almost everything is so goddamn boring nowadays, lol.

I find it ironic BvS was written off as "boring" by most people, when I'm still intrigued by it on 7th (yes, 7th! viewing).

Did you really love BvS that much, though?! That's really cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

AOU for me. A fun time with some awesome scenes.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I think Zack Snyder is a visionary trying to revolutionize the CMB genre. Instead of just bringing the pages to the big screen like we see all the time, he understands the characters in enough depth to actually try something original, the films he makes are like a breath of fresh air. Neither MoS nor BvS are perfect obviously, because nothing is perfect, but I loved the overall direction the DCEU was going in. The problem is that those types of films aren't befitting a franchise series with general audience mass appeal; they're much more sophisticated films that need to be thought about and discussed, they're movies for film fans and not the general audience, so it's no surprise that they split the public. I'm very, very disappointed with the Justice League trailer and the new direction they seem to be heading in. The jokes were all terrible.

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theamazingspidey: I think Zack Snyder is a visionary trying to revolutionize the CMB genre. Instead of just bringing the pages to the big screen like we see all the time, he understands the characters in enough depth to actually try something original, the films he makes are like a breath of fresh air. Neither MoS nor BvS are perfect obviously, because nothing is perfect, but I loved the overall direction the DCEU was going in. The problem is that those types of films aren't befitting a franchise series with general audience mass appeal; they're much more sophisticated films that need to be thought about and discussed, they're movies for film fans and not the general audience, so it's no surprise that they split the public. I'm very, very disappointed with the Justice League trailer and the new direction they seem to be heading in. The jokes were all terrible.

You hit the nail in the head. Comparing Zack Snyder to Michael Bay is totally uninformed. If all Snyder cared about was action, as most people suggest, he wouldn't put so much effort into asking questions with these characters. Even when he fails in some departments, it mostly comes from a well-meant place. The amount of character and dialogue detail in DoJ was outstanding. If you haven't already, you should check out mosaic, podcast that helped me appreciate the film even more.

Personally, I was initially really excited at Justice League and teared up watching the trailer, but after watching Suicide Squad, I'm painfully worried for JLA and realised I much prefer Snyder's earlier vision for the franchise.

TheSpoiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

BvS was better. I hated AoU throughout most of it, while BvS I can at least find some scenes that I can praise as good or great. It also had more interesting ideas in its plot, even if the execution was lacking.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lettsplay10

when i saw the AOU trailers i expected a dark movie i expected ultron to be one of the most powerful villains they've ever faced i expected ultron to beat down hulk and thor but no he was jobber and the movie was covered with jokes

DarthVxder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when i saw the AOU trailers i expected a dark movie i expected ultron to be one of the most powerful villains they've ever faced i expected ultron to beat down hulk and thor but no he was jobber and the movie was covered with jokes

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS barely.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how a big majority of the people who posts prefer Batman v Superman while the voters says different. Does that mean BvS fans has more balls? xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS was much better. And no subplot in BvS was disgusting, terrible, stupid and so out of place like that Hulk/Black Widow romance. I cringe everytime I see that. Also, Ultron was a jobber.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a794b61068b8
deactivated-5a794b61068b8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

In terms of quality, they're pretty much equal. But since the Ultimate BvS cut is a VAST improvement, I vote BvS.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather take the stark disappointment of the BvS TC over the amazing mediocrity of AoU.

AoU was complete mediocrity from beginning to end. There was literally nothing about that movie worth remembering.

Like, what even happened in that movie?!

TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Ultron is too bad imo, like Fant4stic level bad.

Please explain.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

AoU by a solid amount.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

Age of Ultron easily.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Ultron was a big letdown.

While BvS could have been a lot better, it was still a good movie IMO.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither was great, but AoU disappointed me less.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU. You'd have to pay me to watch that other movie again.

cyborgzod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both about the same

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoU is a solid film, albeit a bit by the numbers.

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Taquie
MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell, the whole "is thor a city buster" argument has given me more enjoyment than the movie itself ever did.

BvS had some low valleys without a doubt, but for me its peaks make it better.

This

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AoU.

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Let's see, a Marvel movie that I was okay with.... or a movie that I equate to being as painful as dropping the soap in a prison shower..... decisions decisions

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at BvS being a masterpiece

Avatar image for manmadeofketchup
ManMadeOfKetchup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman vs Superman for me. I don't see how anyone could like the butchery they did to Ultron in AOU. It was one thing to change his origin but for me changing his personality was pretty bad. Ultron's not suppose to be Tony Stark 2.0

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

What?

Batman vs Superman for me. I don't see how anyone could like the butchery they did to Ultron in AOU. It was one thing to change his origin but for me changing his personality was pretty bad. Ultron's not suppose to be Tony Stark 2.0

Well, BvS Lex also wasn't that comic accurate . . .

MsSelene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoA. I didn't think either were that good though.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see, a Marvel movie that I was okay with.... or a movie that I equate to being as painful as dropping the soap in a prison shower..... decisions decisions

Now you're exaggerating. I'd take the worst movie ever over this.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By brucerogers

BvS, but only by a hair. I didn't think either films were that bad or that good. I would personally give AOS a 7/10 while BvS 7.5/10