• 80 results
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ComicStooge

Alright, I know the media focuses on a lot on celebrities who have drug habits, abuse partners and generally live pretty reprehensible lifestyles, but for the purposes of this thread, what if we brought attention to sporting people who weren't scumbags or drug addicts or wife beaters.

Take for example, Australian boxer Danny Green. He's got wins against guys like Roy Jones Jr has held a number of world championships and has a record of 33 and 5. He's by no means an all time great, but he's a successful sports person nonetheless.

He's also never had a criminal conviction, never been in the news for any drunken escapades and generally seems like a nice guy. In 2006, he even rescued a man he saw drowning at a beach and received a Bravery Award from the Australian Government and regularly helps out at children's charities and the like.

Not all good famous or successful people have to be loud mouth ingrates. :P

Are there any celebrities or sports people you feel don't get enough credit for being decent human beings?

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Doing drugs having sex making money are not 'reprehensible' in anyway nor should they he obligated to give their money or time to any charity or person, especially since the people who judge celebrities typically contribute much less to society than them

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ComicStooge

@rpgesus said:

Doing drugs having sex making money are not 'reprehensible' in anyway nor should they he obligated to give their money or time to any charity or person, especially since the people who judge celebrities typically contribute much less to society than them

Lol, ease up there edgelord.

If you're implying I'm a hypocrite, then don't because I contribute plenty of time and effort into doing things for people who aren't myself.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#4 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Pfffft. Drug addicts =/= bad people... >_>

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ComicStooge

@bumpyboo said:

Well no, but doing cocaine and performing a hit and run on a pregnant woman isn't exactly ethical behavior now, is it?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Keanu Reeves is supposed to be the nicest guy in Hollywood; he gives away close to 75% of his Matrix franchise earnings to the technical crew because he felt the studio wasn't paying them enough, foregoes all or a big part of his own salary on some films just so directors can afford to fit big stars like Al Pacino into their budget, helps out homeless people in LA and bankrolls cancer charities. People who have worked with him and interviewed him said he's just a down to earth guy who lives as simple a life as he can manage and tries to be on good terms with everyone he meets.

There are worse people to be bestowed immortality.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@bumpyboo said:

Well no, but doing cocaine and performing a hit and run on a pregnant woman isn't exactly ethical behavior now, is it?

Of course not. But one bad person on drugs should not count as a reflection on all who do it. Just as all drinkers aren't bad because some will beat their wives or run someone over. Idk, I just felt like the OP seemed to make a big generalisation by lumping them in with scumbags and making a differentiation between them and good people who do good things. But I don't find the two to be mutually exclusive. Some of the nicest people in my life are absolute drug fiends. Not saying it's a good life choice, but there are people out there who do things like that but also are very charitable and considerate, and good.

SuperAdam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't even name a non-athlete or celebrity that's a decent person.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet most people would consider kanye a bad person just because he's arrogant lol its hilarious

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

I bet most people would consider kanye a bad person just because he's arrogant lol its hilarious

Can I consider him a bad person for blaming the Jews for Obama's ineffective presidency?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:
@comicstooge said:
@bumpyboo said:

Of course not. But one bad person on drugs should not count as a reflection on all who do it. Just as all drinkers aren't bad because some will beat their wives or run someone over. Idk, I just felt like the OP seemed to make a big generalisation by lumping them in with scumbags and making a differentiation between them and good people who do good things. But I don't find the two to be mutually exclusive. Some of the nicest people in my life are absolute drug fiends. Not saying it's a good life choice, but there are people out there who do things like that but also are very charitable and considerate, and good.

Well, I was trying to encapsulate the sort of lifestyle that celebrities lead. I wasn't saying that everyone who uses drugs are all bad people.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rpgesus

@saren: lol damn nothing came to mind that kanye actually did wrong at first but I knew he was gonna screw me over so yeah that's not the best comment

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@saren: lol damn nothing came to mind that kanye actually did wrong at first but I knew he was gonna screw me over so yeah that's not the best comment

He also hurt Tay-Tay's feelings

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stephen Amell and Keanu Reeves are the top 2 that come to mind

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Depends on how you define "decent" to be honest.

Avatar image for quinnofthestoneage
QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have you ever thought that there might be a lot more decent celebrities than you think there are but they just don't feel the need to advertise the fact that they are a good person because they did a bit of charity work.

@bumpyboo said:

Agreed

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ComicStooge

@quinnofthestoneage said:

Have you ever thought that there might be a lot more decent celebrities than you think there are but they just don't feel the need to advertise the fact that they are a good person because they did a bit of charity work.

Then talk about those people, hombre.

You can't deny there are some straight up scumbags who are rich and successful (just as there are scumbags anywhere) that get tons of media attention for doing the wrong thing when plenty of other people in similar situations go unnoticed for good deeds.

And yeah, maybe people who are traditionally seen as "bad people" in the public eye can do good deeds for other people.

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

Then talk about those people, hombre.

You can't deny there are some straight up scumbags who are rich and successful (just as there are scumbags anywhere) that get tons of media attention for doing the wrong thing when plenty of other people in similar situations go unnoticed for good deeds.

And yeah, maybe people who are traditionally seen as "bad people" in the public eye can do good deeds for other people.

Umm one example is Christian Bale visiting the vicitms of the shooting during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises and requesting that the media not be informed. Others I can't comment on because, like I said, they are not advertised.

I am not denying that there a scumbags that are rich and successful I'm just saying that we don't know everything about these people and shouldn't assume that they are all scumbags just because they do not advertise their generosity and kindness.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren:

Yes! a little love for Neo

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's hard to tell who's good or bad when you know none of these people personally.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Will Smith

Stan Lee

Steve Carell

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm one example is Christian Bale visiting the vicitms of the shooting during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises and requesting that the media not be informed. Others I can't comment on because, like I said, they are not advertised.

I mean, I've never personally viewed Bale as a bad person. I'm referring more to men like Elvis who raped his wife or Jon Jones who hit a pregnant woman with his car then ran off from the scene of the crime.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Priscilla has been caught in lies and has changed her story about that. It went from elvis taped her to elvis liked rough sex

QuinnoftheStoneAge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

I mean, I've never personally viewed Bale as a bad person. I'm referring more to men like Elvis who raped his wife or Jon Jones who hit a pregnant woman with his car then ran off from the scene of the crime.

Oh I'm in no way saying that all celebrities are good people, and the people you mentioned above are most likely scumbags, I'm just saying that you don't know everything about most celebrities and therefore you cannot judge whether they are good people or not. For example someone who you may view as an arrogant ***hole may actually be volunteering at homeless shelters or donating large amounts of money to charity, just not advertising the fact that they do this because they don't feel like they need anyone's approval.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ComicStooge

@rpgesus said:

@comicstooge: Priscilla has been caught in lies and has changed her story about that. It went from elvis taped her to elvis liked rough sex

Ah, fair enough. Well, the general point still stands.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rpgesus

@comicstooge: oh yeah.. actually I was looking a little into it and he may not have raped her but apparently he liked 13-14 year olds so that's worse

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rpgesus said:

@comicstooge: oh yeah.. actually I was looking a little into it and he may not have raped her but apparently he liked 13-14 year olds so that's worse

Yeah, my point most certainly still stands.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're about as real as unicorns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arnold and Keanu Reeves come to mind.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Henry Rollins is the most uncomfortable nicest person ever..... When I meet him, he was all about tell me about you. I'm like, but you're Henry Rollins, and I love you, and he's like f*** that noise. You know who I am. Tell me about you!

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keanu Reeves is probably the nicest guy in Hollywood, or so I've heard.

Bale seems nice. Visited the victims of Aurora massacre with little to no fanfare. The only reason I know this is because one of the victims posted a photo online.

Hugh Jackman

Tom Hanks

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Akon comes across as a nice guy.

Matt Damon seems nice as does CR7, but since I do have crushes on both, I guess I might be biased.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@comicstooge: Oh for sure, was just seeking clarification :)

Henry Rollins is the most uncomfortable nicest person ever..... When I meet him, he was all about tell me about you. I'm like, but you're Henry Rollins, and I love you, and he's like f*** that noise. You know who I am. Tell me about you!

Best. Post. Ever 8D

@laflux said:

Akon comes across as a nice guy.

Matt Damon seems nice as does CR7, but since I do have crushes on both, I guess I might be biased.

O______O

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By laflux

@bumpyboo: You've always had very good taste :)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BumpyBoo  Moderator
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Reggie White and Kurt Warner

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oprah Winfrey, she's pretty awesome

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nicolas Cage is a pretty nice man, he donated $2 million to Amnesty International, $1 million to Hurricane Katarina victims and has been appointed as a Goodwill Ambassador for Global Justice. I'm a bit of a "fanboy" though.

Avatar image for jeanralphioisback
JeanRalphioIsBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Shouts out to Bones Jones.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Keanu Reeves no doubt.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lady Gaga is 1. a really funny person 2. super tiny 3. a really good at ping pong........ I'm not a really a fan of her music, but she one of the most laid back, nicest people I ever met.....

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kanye west.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Richard Sherman, Magic Johnson, KRS-One, etc, etc.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Taylor Swift.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've heard Kelly Clarkson is really nice.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i've heard actor Clancy Brown is cool.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first I thought you said Atheists/Celebrities.

XD

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Chibi_cute

Angelina Jolie , Keanuu reeves.

David beckham , Pacquiao.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts