#2501 Posted by SocaJunkie (8617 posts) - - Show Bio
#2502 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@socajunkie: Idk. I don’t stay up to date with OP too much. So idk what’s going on too much aside from Luffy getting a new form some time ago and Zoro split some mountain dude.

Moderator Online
#2503 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

My Abs of legend were an invincible muscle group! They where my sons, risen to claim my birthright. They stepped into the ranks of greatness. All my life, I have worked towards this goal and for what...to be brushed aside as easily as a common housefly by some dirty meals and laziness?.......Wolverine008 would not have fallen. Maybe I'm not who I think I am. Perhaps there are still new plateaus for me to reach. Far greater heights to which I must ascend. Yes. I will ascend. The universe will marvel to see the ultimate Nigerian potential once again realised. And I will be legendary. And then Comicvine, then I will see you bow before your prince!"

Yea, totally legit original prose aside, I'm in a difficult spot.

It all started yesterday. Basically, I've had alot of work and I have been spending time with a Girl who wasn't really inspiring me to stay active. We'd literally just go out to eat, and sleep on her bed (she has a nice pad though :) ). Long story short I hadn't been working out, but body wise I remained "good". I had noticed I've slowly put on a little weight so I'm now about 89 kg up from 85 kg, but it didn't seem to show on all the important muscle groups.

Anyway long story short, Yesterday, I decided to get back into training again. Usually if I'd had a break I start kinda slow, and with something like Back or Chest, but I changed things up and did abs first. And on top of that, I did the hardest parts of my abs workout (stuff which involves using the pull bar first), as opposed to planks, Russian twists and mountain climbers. Something felt a little off but I was able to get through it and I put it up to starting again for the first time. But for the final exercise, the ab wheel, I really struggled and didn't even do two sets of 5.

I called it quits. Looked at my stomach. My abs were gone (usually this doesn't bother me by itself as when I do perform an ab workout, they fade for a bit then pop really nice after some rest), though this was more so than usual, and my Abs didn't feel "tired" if that makes sense. Went to bed, woke up the next morning couldn't see them, my stomach looked flat with little definition, even when flexing. I tried intermittently flexing throughout the day to bring them out while at work, and after hitting my chest with some dip variations and weighted push ups, I'm only just starting to see them again "barely". Tbh I also had a fairly intense skipping session which I think helped.

I've always tried to maintain a quite lean, chiselled look for the past 3-4 years. I rarely bulk and cut, but I have a reasonable amount of body fat level of 9-13 percent. I might be a little higher now. I think I've always looks a little lower than that because I guess I have good muscle insertions and good muscle tone? I'm not sure if this issue is mostly BF or Muscle, I mean it did happen fairly suddenly but I am a little heavier.

What do I do? I'm already committing to short intense bursts of cardio everyday and super lean meats with a big reduction in the complex carbohydrates I've been eating, and drinking nothing but water. Part of me thinks I'm overreacting, but this is the worst my stomach has looking in over 3 years without a doubt and its a little scary :P

#2504 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @laflux: At the end of the day it is really just comes down to burning off more than you put in. If you haven’t worked out in awhile your metabolism will slow some and adjust to whatever your caloric intake is. I managed to cut down 25-30 pounds in about 6 weeks using a combination of intermittent fasting and a ketogenic diet while doing 2 workouts a day with one being a cardio and weakpoint training session with my heavy one later. I threw in about 2-3, 10 minute walks in every day. I did it all for a photo shoot and It worked. Leanest I’ve been in about 3 years.

So, simple steps. Eat less food. Focus on strength training to perserve muscle mass. In the meantime also add in more circuits in your training. So just cut out restvtime and add in some more volume or so on. On rest days, if you want, you can do some more cardio if you want. Don’t worry about carbs so much, some people can get really lean on high carb diets but again, depends on your over all caloric intake. And eat your protein, bro.

Moderator Online
#2505 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Loading Video...

Update- so things are looking up. Cheers for the advice mate. Really kicked my ass over the last week and a bit, and I seems the worst of the damage has been done. Lost about 2kg which definitely helped.

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#2506 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (11019 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn:

Is there a guideline on how "Image tags" in image gallery of wiki pages are suppose to be typed? In general, how images are suppose to be "arranged?"

#2507 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

Yo, what's up?

How do you feel about the story-lines heading into Summerslam?

How excited to see Wolverine and Cyke return?

I'm starting my first proper, serious bulk come autumn. I'm currently sitting at around 85kg with 13'ish percent body fat. Tbh I feel that considering progress pictures, it should be a little lower, but I think that's a good thing I guess for my future aesthetics. What advice would you give? I've got used to being in a very small calorie deficit, but I've been fairly liberal with my diet choices. I worried that if I use the same liberalism,I may end up putting on more fat than muscle.

Lats or abs? I never seem able to take a picture that gets the shows the best of both? Any advice?

#2508 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Also forgot I learned how to do Muscle Ups, but my form could be better. Any tips on how to improve?

#2509 Posted by jagernutt (16656 posts) - - Show Bio
#2510 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn

Are you a feminist considering you're an Asuka fan?

#2511 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux:

How do you feel about the story-lines heading into Summerslam?

I have zero interest in how Summerslam is turning out so far. I have no interest in Brock vs Reigns again. I ended up liking their first mania match because it made sense with both guys. But mania was shit. The greatest Royal Rumble was meh. I don't care. I would have rather had Lashley vs Lesnar. Baron vs Finn is an ok match. I know they can put on a good match with each other, but it's a filler match. Rollins vs Ziggler will be good. I have no doubt about that. Braun vs Owens will be interesting. Rousey vs Alexa will also be interesting but I know both can work and I might be impressed. Smackdown has the money matches right now, though, IMO. Nakamura vs Orton vs Hardy I believe, right? Love it. Joe vs AJ, love it. I'm very glad to see Becky back in the title picture but not interested in Charlotte. I don't know the other matches, but I think the build ups have mostly been lackluster. That, however, doesn't mean the PPV will be bad, It all just feels generic.

How excited to see Wolverine and Cyke return?

I'm very happy the original Logan is back. His books have been pretty interesting so far. As far as Cyke? I'm not sold on him coming back yet. I would love it, but I doubt it's happening. As far as I know.

I'm starting my first proper, serious bulk come autumn. I'm currently sitting at around 85kg with 13'ish percent body fat. Tbh I feel that considering progress pictures, it should be a little lower, but I think that's a good thing I guess for my future aesthetics. What advice would you give? I've got used to being in a very small calorie deficit, but I've been fairly liberal with my diet choices. I worried that if I use the same liberalism,I may end up putting on more fat than muscle.

At the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out + training. If you're looking to cut down and be aesthetic AF, then I would say you need to monitor what you eat. If you feel like with your current tendencies then I would say eat as clean as possible, but on a training day, eat some ice cream. Smash a donut. I recommend a lean bulk, 200-500 calorie surplus at most and train hard. You feel like you're gaining a bit too much, cut the calories a bit or do some extra cardio. You have to play with what you have.

Muscle Ups: I don't do them that often nor do I ever recommend them to clients or anything. They're just kind of cool to do and that's it lol. So I don't know what I do exactly. You just kind of swing yourself up, pull, and push. I keep my core tight and stuff. In turn, I will post this video over since I'm kind of in the same boat as Brian, the guy in the video.

Loading Video...

Moderator Online
#2512 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2513 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: I don't know what being an Asuka fan has to do with feminists. Regardless, no.

Moderator Online
#2514 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Haha, well, it was a question, I didn't want to judge, but evaluate the reason why you're an Asuka fan, but it seems you're not ready to explain in detail why you're an Asuka fan, don't know if it could be because of pride, however, I just don't really know, it's a bit suspicious if you ask me.

If you're ready to explain to me the reason why you are an Asuka fan, I would be really interested.

#2515 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@abstractraze: I like Asuka. She's my favorite female wrestler right now. She's pretty. Not really much to it.

Moderator Online
#2516 Edited by AbstractRaze (2737 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Ah, it's only because of superficial appearances?

Well, I asked you about the feminist issue, because it already are 6 Asuka fans I meet, 4 females and 2 males which are feminists, I think you are the first Asuka fan I meet, who isn't feminist, what a surprise.

Glad to meet you.

#2517 Posted by Magian (151725 posts) - - Show Bio

Best and worst Fate series out of the ones you have watched?

#2518 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian: unbiased, Fate/Zero is the best, but due to servants Fate:UBW is my favorite since I get a little more connected to the characters. However, Heavans’ feel might take over as my favorite when the next two parts come out. Apocrypha ending was terrible but the fights, concepts, and servants were generally cool. I really liked Karna and Achilles. Vlad was a badass. Chiron was like that wise old teacher so I couldn’t hate him. Shakespeare was incredible, but Sabers were wasted though I liked both. Jack the Ripper as a Loli was disgusting. And Sieg was just an all around terrible character. Last Encore though was just a disappointing money grab, IMO.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
#2519 Posted by deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76 (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

How much do you bench press?

#2520 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Depends on the day. 310-320 at max.

Moderator Online
#2521 Posted by deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76 (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: Depends on the day. 310-320 at max.

Which bench press programme do you use?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#2522 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#2523 Edited by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@crash_: My own. I'll run templates and stuff, but I know what my weak points are and what variations I like, I just plug in what exercises fit my needs.

Moderator Online
#2524 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: Bane, Frieza, and a little known manga villain named Creed Diskenth.

Moderator Online
Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#2525 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#2526 Posted by deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76 (10909 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you married?

#2527 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio
#2528 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2529 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2530 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@God_Spawn: How do I offer my sacrifices of gratitude for all your years of fitness related mentoring, Sifu?

Thoughts on Summerslam, HIAC?

#2531 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: By getting gains!!

Overall, I really liked both of the PPV. I don’t think we’ve had quality main roster ppv’s in awhile and to get 2 of them? I think WWE has been doing some great stuff lately. Hopefully they keep it up.

Moderator Online
#2532 Posted by King-Ragnar (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

Favorite X-Men member of all time?

#2533 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@king-ragnar: Cyclops.

Moderator Online
#2535 Posted by Nerise (922 posts) - - Show Bio

How do I become the best poster on this site?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#2536 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
#2537 Posted by laflux (24733 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn what's your favorite parlour trick workout (I.e a workout that you don't use much in your training but you think looks pretty cool to show to others?)

#2538 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Lifting people! Like a Rafiki/Simba lift or I’ll have people sit on my shoulders and I squat them up. Or I’ll do some flips and stuff I learned in wrestling.

Moderator Online
#2539 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2540 Posted by IchBinGott (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you a sucker for synthwave?

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#2541 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture: I missed this.

It doesn’t elicit anything.

LOL its from "all-new x-men vol 2" , thats Tyke.......the panel looks like "thats why cyclops is... BAMF"

#2542 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio

@ichbingott: It gets my 80’s tech adrenaline flowing.

Moderator Online
#2543 Posted by God_Spawn (43160 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator Online
#2544 Posted by ourmanuel (11881 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you really a godspawn?