k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1202 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

With regards to X-Men stories, do you prefer Messiah Complex or Second Coming?

Based on my memory (only read them when they were released), Messiah CompleX takes it. I remember really enjoying the series, likely because of the non-stop action and Gambit having a decent role.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1203 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Bumping this since I'm more active on CV again.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@k4tzm4n: What is your opinion on Team Defiance (Deathstroke)? If you read it.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: what does the ting go?

Who is your favorite non-battle mod with a J in their user name, and formerly started with a J, but now starts with an M

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1206  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@cable_extreme said:

@k4tzm4n: What is your opinion on Team Defiance (Deathstroke)? If you read it.

Haven't caught up on Deathstroke's run, unfortunately. That does remind me that I still need to read the Lazarus Contract, though. That's technically where it starts, right?

@revan- said:

@k4tzm4n: what does the ting go?

Who is your favorite non-battle mod with a J in their user name, and formerly started with a J, but now starts with an M

I understand zero of these questions.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n:

Haven't caught up on Deathstroke's run, unfortunately. That does remind me that I still need to read the Lazarus Contract, though. That's technically where it starts, right?

Yeppers, the Lazarus contract creates the context and leads into Defiance. I knew you read quite a bit of Deathstroke in the past (read your articles and comments).

What comics have you been reading lately?

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: What are your current thoughts on Valiant being bought by DMG Entertainment?

EDIT: Came across a post from yours that sheds some light so....

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreggKatzman/status/958044512659623940

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1209 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n:

Yeppers, the Lazarus contract creates the context and leads into Defiance. I knew you read quite a bit of Deathstroke in the past (read your articles and comments).

What comics have you been reading lately?

I'll likely be very tempted to catch up after reading Lazarus Contract.

My reading is limited since I'm "between jobs" but Old Man Logan is the one that I'm really trying not to miss. Same with Rumble and I Hate Fairyland. You?

@k4tzm4n: What are your current thoughts on Valiant being bought by DMG Entertainment?

EDIT: Came across a post from yours that sheds some light so....

https://mobile.twitter.com/GreggKatzman/status/958044512659623940

I'm just wishing Dinesh a good future because, based on my interactions with him, I think he deserves it.

The news is a double-edged sword to me. IMHO Valiant needs to expand into movies, TV shows, etc to increase exposure and generate new fans. It shouldn't come at the cost of its terrific comics, though. I guess we'll see how it plays out.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1210 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1212 k4tzm4n  Moderator

And? I've only caught small parts so far. Haven't sat down to watch the whole thing yet.

PatriotBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: If Kraven appears in film will he have nipple tasers?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1214 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

What do you think will happen to the MCU after Phase 3 is completed? Do you think its popularity might start declining?

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@k4tzm4n: What was the first comic event you read and did you like it then and do you still like it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1217 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: What was the first comic event you read and did you like it then and do you still like it.

I don't remember the very first issue that I read (I recall various X-Men comics, but no specifics), but the one that stands out to me is Gambit #1. I remember buying it and the experience I had while I read it. Do I like it now? It's been awhile since I've reread it, so I can't say.

@magian said:

What do you think will happen to the MCU after Phase 3 is completed? Do you think its popularity might start declining?

That really depends on Infinity War's ending, which I won't know until after I see the movie (really hoping it's not spoiled for me). And no, I do not think the MCU's popularity will decline. If anything, I think films like Captain Marvel and Black Panther 2 (totally happening) will keep the universe's popularity strong.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@k4tzm4n: I meant an event not an issue. Like what was your first major crossover comic you've read?

Insertnewname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Why did I never ever see you in one of your 40k posts? I am a off topic/ battles only user btw

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1220 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Why did I never ever see you in one of your 40k posts? I am a off topic/ battles only user btw

It says you joined in Oct 2015, but my time as CV staff ended in early 2015. I posted less frequently after that, but battles is also where I post the most and that was a big focus when I was writing for the site too (Best Battles in New Comics, Battle of the Week).

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1221 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I meant an event not an issue. Like what was your first major crossover comic you've read?

Hmmmmm. I don't remember reading any when I was young, but Civil War is when I got back into comics, so I guess that's my answer.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1223 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

And? I've only caught small parts so far. Haven't sat down to watch the whole thing yet.

You want my thoughts on the series so far?

Okay. It might change if I rewatch or as episodes keep rolling out.

I like

- Action (No surprise since this is where Batinthesun shines right? Best define characters through fighting probably.)

- Music (that and the fact there is an opening caught me off guard).

- Costumes and makeup (X-O Manowar's helmet seem a bit too big if you ask me though, so I feel bad saying he look better without it since I like characters with their headgear on).

- Effects (Roku's hair, Livewire's electric draining and shooting, Ninja-K's gadgets, Bloodshot's healing giving off a glow seem like nice idea that nanites which are microscopic machines are doing something and set it apart from Wolverine or Deadpool more "biological-based" healing are probably the best for me)

- Flashback scenes (I give credit for Batinthesun trying to establish and show friendship Colin has with the people that are now after him, should put a bit of weight emotionally).

- Savage Easter Egg (I think this happened when Neville pulled his desk drawer for a gun and a paper that says "Where is Savage?" was seen. It was in the trailer as well.

Savage is a new character by B. Clay Moore and I think designed by Lewis Larosa. The character is of British decent and are popular figures if I remember correctly, and disappeared, so I guess having a paper like that in Alcott's drawer makes sense.

I admit, I only noticed when others pointed out, but easter eggs are nice for eagle-eyed viewers who know their stuff. There could be more.

Okay with

- Acting (Hit and miss for me personally sometimes, but knowing more or less of Batinthesun's strengths and weaknesses, you would have seen it coming and braced yourself.)

- Opening (I think it is nice premise on using "published" comic art now that it was mentioned by someone else I think. Like creators giving nod and respect to comic and source material. Makes me think of days when Marvel movie used to have those comic pages flip effects and bam, Marvel logo appears. Nowadays it just shows MCU art if I remember correctly.).

Just needs a little more editing if you ask me.

- Character (Voices and character sometimes for me do not match well with what I read and imagined, but hey, only sometimes.)

British accent for Ninjak felt like missed opportunity to set him apart from other ninja-esque characters for first impressions, but I think Mr. Rowe in an obscure interview explained in a story-sense that he does not have accent because he is a "well-traveled" man or something. Sounds like an anime protagonist a few times, just a few. Though a Ninjak anime would be nice to see.

Though I think Archer and Armstrong seem to be the most spot-on casting if you ask me...and Colonel Capshaw I guess more or less.

- X-O Armor (Armor did not spread into tiny pieces or "liquify" itself Ryan Bodenheim style in Visigoth arc in Kindt's X-O manowar or something to form around Aric like I was expecting. Felt more like "Power Ranger" morphing or something in a sense. A bit of a "aw man" for me, but I can live with the different "suit up" interpretation, and probably a nod to Jason David Frank's Power Ranger days I guess).

Thanks for elaborating. How long is each episode? Like, 15 min or so? Thinking I may watch them during lunch today.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Around 10 minutes minimum I think. The first episode seem longer if I remember correctly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what qualifies as a foolish question?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1226  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@ultimate_knight said:

@k4tzm4n: Around 10 minutes minimum I think. The first episode seem longer if I remember correctly.

Thanks.

@_kingoflatveria said:

what qualifies as a foolish question?

If it is, you'll know it deep down in your heart before clicking "Post Reply."

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Who do you think takes a majotiry in a fight between Daredevil and Batman? That is including PC/N52/Rebirth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who do you think takes a majotiry in a fight between Daredevil and Batman? That is including PC/N52/Rebirth.

is this for your cav? lol

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1229 k4tzm4n  Moderator

It's a good fight but I'd go with Batman.

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Did you know that apparently, Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe episodes are going to be stripped off from comicbook.com after all the episodes are released or something I think?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1231 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Did you know that apparently, Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe episodes are going to be stripped off from comicbook.com after all the episodes are released or something I think?

No disrespect to comicbook.com but I hope Valiant eventually puts them on YouTube or at least releases a collection. Tried to watch via my phone and it had some trouble.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Others seem to be blaming DMG people about it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1234 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: Others seem to be blaming DMG people about it.

Guess we'll never know. Maybe DMG wanted this product out there quickly and then cast aside before they start releasing movies?

@k4tzm4n: Favorite action anime?

One Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunch!

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Favorite Deadpool writer and why?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n: When are you going to be watching Infinity War (If you haven't already watched it?).

Being a Battle Forum veteran, do you find it hard to watch comicbook film and trailers without over-analysing the feats?

What's your third favourite Spider-Villain (I'm presuming your first two are Kraven and Cardiac) :p

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1237 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@vertigo- said:

@k4tzm4n: Favorite Deadpool writer and why?

I know Joe Kelly's work is influential, but I think I'd give it to Fabian Nicieza (thanks to his work with Cable & Deadpool) and then Gerry Duggan. Both deliver the variety of laughs you'd expect from Wade but also land the emotional, character-driven content, and pack some legitimate thrills.

@laflux said:

@k4tzm4n: When are you going to be watching Infinity War (If you haven't already watched it?).

Being a Battle Forum veteran, do you find it hard to watch comicbook film and trailers without over-analysing the feats?

What's your third favourite Spider-Villain (I'm presuming your first two are Kraven and Cardiac) :p

In a few hours!

No, I don't think it takes away from the enjoyment while watching it, especially with trailers (I always want full context). I do like to think about it afterwards, though.

Ha! Eddie Brock. Thanks to Spider-Man The Animated Series, I've always had a soft spot for Shocker, Rhino, and Scorpion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1239 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

Which villain do you think should be used after Josh Brolin's Thanos? How about Doctor Doom or even Dormammu?

This all depends on how Phase 4 plays out. I don't believe we've been told when Infinity War 2 will be released?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@k4tzm4n: What's the point of this thread?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1242 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Back when it was made, AMA threads were common. As someone who was active and a mod (and eventually staff), I wanted to give people the chance to get to know me better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@k4tzm4n said:
@riddlerfan77 said:

Back when it was made, AMA threads were common. As someone who was active and a mod (and eventually staff), I wanted to give people the chance to get to know me better.

A stupid question asked by me with a logical answer. That's a first.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1244 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:
@riddlerfan77 said:

A stupid question asked by me with a logical answer. That's a first.

I'm nice/gullible like that.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1246  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:
@k4tzm4n said:
@edamame said:

With regards to X-Men stories, do you prefer Messiah Complex or Second Coming?

Based on my memory (only read them when they were released), Messiah CompleX takes it. I remember really enjoying the series, likely because of the non-stop action and Gambit having a decent role.

And what about Second Coming? Did you not like it?

I know I didn't dislike it, but the fact I can barely remember it says I wasn't totally enthralled by it. Maybe I'll give it a *ahem* second chance at some point. I think I just wasn't as emotionally invested at that point.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1249  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@edamame said:

@k4tzm4n: If I may ask, do you stay in contact with Kevin Feige and the Russo brothers?

No, my contact with studios are really just limited to opportunities like screenings/press opportunities. I have no interest in going for "scoops" and what not, so I don't try to reach out - I imagine they're busy and I don't want to get anyone in trouble just for clicks.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n: What did you think of the Venom Trailer?