• 54 results
catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By catlike

Hey guys, this is my AMA thread and the updates-on-my-life thread. Welcome!

Things I like to talk about:

1. My opinions on certain public policy/politics - but I'm picky with what I'm open to talk about.
  2. "What do you like to watch on Youtube on a regular basis, and what was the last thing you watched on there?"
  3. "What do you like to do for fun?"
  4. "Do you have any pet peeves?"
  5. "What is the last movie you've watched in theatres, and what are your favorite movies as of recent memory?" (Feel free to ask similar questions.)
  6. A TV show/anime/manga discussion
  7. My thoughts on my most anticipated upcoming movies (The movies themselves are already listed on post #51 of this thread.)
  8. My favorite comedian (but if it gets political, you might not hear anything from me haha)
  9. My favorite type of music
  10. Questions I have that are similar to the ones above

My most favorite pastimes include...:

1. Listening to music (mostly from but not limited to the "animusic" genre)
  2. Watching movies
  3. Watching video essays
  4. Reading blurbs on the web

Please personally message me to know more about this info.

PRONOUNS:

He/Him/His

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are your thoughts on Sailor Moon?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are your thoughts on Sailor Moon?

I don't have any thoughts in particular about this anime. I know the anime is a cult-classic (sort of), but it doesn't look like it was meant for me though, I don't think it's my cup of tea. What about you?

JohnBrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: It's great, and in my opinion was one of the better animes of the 90's.

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By eslay03

What is your favorite movie franchise? (LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, MCU, Mission Impossible, etc)

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By catlike
@eslay03 said:

What is your favorite movie franchise? (LOTR, Star Wars, Harry Potter, MCU, Mission Impossible, etc)

It'd probably be Star Wars or the MCU. I'm probably going to say MCU edges it out because Infinity War has been one of the best movies I've ever seen. Although I like the Harry Potter, and the Mission Impossible movies as well.

Here's my ranking of movie franchises:

1. MCU
  2. Star Wars
  3. Indiana Jones
  4. The Hunger Games (including Songbirds and Snakes)
  5. Harry Potter
  6. Mission Impossible

This is the best I could come up with, lol.

What about you? What are your favorite movie franchises?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: It's great, and in my opinion was one of the better animes of the 90's.

Interesting. I'll have to look into it/do some research on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

During your childhood how do you think religion affected your view on the politics in your local area and has it made an impact on your choice of occupation?

(Jk)

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@catlike: Mine would be similar to yours. Star Wars would probably get the edge of the MCU as of right now. I’ve always loved Star Wars, and I actually liked the sequel trilogy a lot. Sure it’s not a very cohesive trilogy, but as individual movies they’re all 8/10 or higher to me. I know we’re only talking about movies, but if we factored in tv shows too, Star Wars would clearly win for me (The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars, Rebels). My top 5 favorite franchises would probably be.

1. Star Wars

2. MCU

3. Harry Potter

4. Spider-Man (I think he counts as a movie franchise at this point lol)

5. Either Indiana Jones or The Dark Knight trilogy

:)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By catlike
@major_hellstrom said:

During your childhood how do you think religion affected your view on the politics in your local area and has it made an impact on your choice of occupation?

(Jk)

LOL. Interesting question but I'll pass. (And I know you're joking. :P) Although I would be interested in taking a look if you have discussed those topics you listed in that question. I noticed you don't have your own AMA.

@eslay03: That's very interesting man! That's cool to see that SW would create even more inequality among your favorites if you included your favorite TV shows associated with the franchise.

@mrmonster said:

@catlike: Favorite Spielberg movie?

I haven't seen much of them but if I had to say it'd probably have to be Catch Me If You Can or one of the Indiana Jones movies. Next up is probably Jurassic Park. What about you?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: Jurassic Park, with Jaws and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as close runners up.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you like fish?

Are you more of a comics fan or manga fan?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By catlike

Do you like fish?

Not really, and I don't really like Salmon but it's alright I guess. I'm more of a sushi guy (which is raw fish obviously), but ever since the pandemic hit I've been been especially avoiding sushi as we still don't really know how the corona virus spreads (we have some info, but there's more to come).

I'd say at the moment I'm neither, I'm too lazy into seeing how safe it is to buy comic books from the Facebook marketplace. But I used to read comics more than manga like a year ago.

What about you? I summon both questions to your court.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:
@fabricolage said:

Do you like fish?

Not really, and I don't really like Salmon but it's alright I guess. I'm more of a sushi guy (which is raw fish obviously), but ever since the pandemic hit I've been been especially avoiding sushi as we still don't really know how the corona virus spreads (we have some info, but there's more to come).

I'd say at the moment I'm neither, I'm too lazy into seeing how safe it is to buy comic books from the Facebook marketplace. But I used to read comics more than manga like a year ago.

I understand.

I like some fish, like tuna or filet sandwiches mostly.

I'm more of a comics guy in wanting them to be creative and having more appeal, but like being entertained by manga and what it adapts to other media.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By catlike

@fabricolage said:
@catlike said:
@fabricolage said:

Do you like fish?

I understand.

I'm more of a comics guy in wanting them to be creative and having more appeal, but like being entertained by manga and what it adapts to other media.

Fillet sandwiches taste* amazing.

Interesting man. So how do you think manga adapts to other media?

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:
@fabricolage said:
@catlike said:
@fabricolage said:

Do you like fish?

I understand.

Fillet sandwiches taste* amazing.

Interesting man. So how do you think manga adapts to other media?

I think most of the anime series and animated movies that are made do a great enough job to get people interested in the series and possibly check out the original source for what's ahead and parts that were left out. Live action might be a problem, but maybe it will get there.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you be angry if someone dumped a carton of strawberry ice cream down your shorts?

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um... which show do you like better? Netflix Daredevil or Arrow? I personally love both lol.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@catlike:

Hello!

1. Top 5 musicians?
  2. Would you rather free clothes or free cars for the rest of your life?
  3. Favourite MCU movie?
  4. Top 5 video games of all time?
catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you be angry if someone dumped a carton of strawberry ice cream down your shorts?

I mean probably. It depends on why the someone did so. I don't know what else to say, lol. But interesting question. :)

Um... which show do you like better? Netflix Daredevil or Arrow? I personally love both lol.

That's cool that you love both! :) Arrow Season 1, and 2 were unbeatable. And after that everything went to shit, imo. Netflix Daredevil.. I saw a few episodes (tried to watching it twice) but I couldn't get into it either time. But I should probably watch it. Has the show ended, and if so does it have a decent ending to the series? If it has then I'll definitely have to pick it up again. But from what I can see from the show description (I probably shouldn't have looked, but oh well lol), thumbnail, and from what I've been reading on the internet iirc, it sounds like it needs a Season 4.

@catlike:

Hello!

1. Top 5 musicians?
  2. Would you rather free clothes or free cars for the rest of your life?
  3. Favourite MCU movie?
  4. Top 5 video games of all time?

Hey man, it's cool to see you here!

1. I don't have a top 5 for musicians unfortunately, but I could tell you what kind of music I like? Genres I like are anime music/soundtracks (mostly of anime that I've watched), random anime music/soundtracks compiled together, Detective Conan soundtracks (which counts as anime music), Nightcore music (techno anime music genre), and a small number pop songs that I listen to a lot, and sometimes I listen to random pop songs that I've listened to a few times growing up or have recently really liked listening to. For example, right now I'm really into Halsey's Him and I song, but I don't feel like saying why I like this particular song for some reason lol, it's too personal. I like how relatable the lyrics are plus the beat is pretty good.

2. I'd probably pick cars. There's a lot of material inside cars that I can resell and make bank from... But if I can't get help taking apart the cars (I don't see why not from the money I would make from selling them) then probably clothes. I can still make bank that way.

3. My favorite Marvel movie is probably Infinity War. The MCU has a great build-up of movies to IW, but I wished they ended it properly with Endgame.

4. Unfortunately I don't have a top 5 here either, but The Hobbit (PC) from Sierra Studios, and The Last of Us (emulated on Ps4) are the games I like that come up to mind that can contend for greatest games of all time for me. The Batman Arkham games were cool but I forgot most gameplay about them, but out of those games I probably liked Arkham Knight the most. LEGO Avengers and LEGO Marvel Superheroes 2 were cool too.

D00mSlayer1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: oh nice! sounds good. And yeah Daredevil imo is one of the best comic book tv shows out there but it unfortunately got cancelled in Fall 2018 with three incredible seasons. You should watch it if you want!

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cat-like24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By cat-like24

I thought I'd bump this thread after a year because of the arrival of new users. Would any of you guys like to ask me some questions that haven't already been answered? Older users included.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm travelling to India in a week or so. Internet cafes are not a viable option for me while visiting there, COVID being one of the reasons and that is very disappointing to me. Thank you Chinese Government, and the Chinese people who caged up live animals together, for everything.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Doglike exist?

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition to the question on whether the mythical ComicViner Doglike exists, I would like to ask more questions :-)

Q2: When did you join ComicVine?

Q3: Why did you join ComicVine?

Q4: Who is your favourite character?

Q5: Why is your username 'catlike'?

Q6: What's your favourite colour?

Q7: What's your favourite animal? (I'm guessing it would be a type of cat! Maybe the domestic cat or a tiger or a leopard or something like that) :-)

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By catlike

@arranvid:

1. No Dog-like does not exist. :-)
  2. I joined in 2011 with this account.
  3. I joined mainly because of boredom and young-me thought smart people used this website.
  4. I don't have a favorite comic book character unfortunately. I'm still getting into comic books. Wbu?
  5. I like cats basically. No other particular reason.
  6. My favorite color is probably green or red.
  7. I'm not sure if I have a favorite. I'd probably say the Cheetah is a pretty good pick, and it is a cat after all haha. :)

Do you have an AMA thread? Either way, I'm curious to know how you'd answer questions 2,3,4,6, & 7.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: Yeah I have an AMA thread :-) thanks for your answers. Here are my answers to questions 3,4,6 and 7.

A3: Before I had a ComicVine account, I used to type on Google fights between different characters to see who would win. This was in around 2012 and maybe before that I think. I was in college at that time and I was studying to get into medical school so to pass my free time when I was bored I would type up fights between different characters to see who would win. I noticed that, at the time, ComicVine would be on the top of the Google pages for answering these types of questions. Nowadays Quora is also at the top of Google pages answering those types of questions but I don't think Quora was that prominent on the Google pages for answering versus character battles at that time, if my memory serves correctly. I did get into medical school that year, but shortly afterwards I quit medical school because of family issues. In around 2012, I used to get excited seeing what viners would say on who wins in the fights. I remember seeing King Saturn, Buckshot and Methos being the big shots in ComicVine. Also, in around 2012, the layout was different. Nowadays, the background is white and grey but in 2012 the background was black and grey.

It never occurred to me to join ComicVine, but I still just kept clicking on ComicVine links to see who would win fights. Later on, I saw a blog by DrEager1 (I don't think he is a viner) on Google and he used to write about battles between different characters like WarGreymon vs Exodia (I think he still writes battles on his blog now). He also used a poll where people could vote on who would win in a particular fight. He was also a big Bass fan (Bass being the character from the Megaman series and I think he is still a big Bass fan to this day...also he used to try and write his thoughts on why Bass would beat so many characters in fiction). I saw his WarGreymon vs Exodia write-up and poll (I was a big Exodia fan back then) and I saw that the poll was even and only a few people had voted (like 40 people or something altogether). I didn't want Exodia to be the loser in that fight so I kept clicking on the poll until Exodia had 1000 votes to WarGreymon's 20 lol. I was addicted to being online and stuff and I would spend too many hours just typing up battles and watching YouTube. I went to a psychologist to try and help me with this addiction. It was partly the reason why I had to quit medical school. Even in college, in the computer room I would be the only one there just typing up ComicVine battles and wasting time on YouTube and my biology teacher noticed this so she gave me a time limit for how long I was allowed to be in the computer room because I was wasting my time there! Nobody else in college got this computer room time limit restriction. Out of the hundreds in college, it was only me. I rarely communicated with my parents during college (this is a boarding college by the way) by phone because I was so addicted to YouTube and the online world so once by surprise my parents came into college without me knowing (they came with my biology teacher) and they went into the computer room without me knowing and I was watching YouTube and then when I quickly noticed their presence I quickly closed YouTube and was very surprised to see the three of them lol. They weren't angry, they were just wanting to know if I was ok because I hadn't communicated with my parents for a long time. All the stuff with DrEager1 came during my medical school years I think. I got accepted into Law school one or two years ago but I'm quitting Law school because of family issues again. I went to his WarGreymon vs Exodia comment section and gave my written comments on why I thought Exodia would win. We became online friends shortly afterwards. I was inspired by the fighting stuff and his opinions in his blog, and the polling stuff, that I tried to create my own website on wix. I've always wanted to create my own website, since around 2005. So I created my own website on wix and it had a poll, similar to DrEager1's, but my poll asked 'what is your favourite legendary Pokemon' and I listed all the legendary Pokemon in my poll. I also gave my opinion on the characteristics of the type of person I wanted as my wife (lol). I also included a comment section like DrEager1's. I invited DrEager1 to come and look at my website and I said I was inspired by his blog and he was happy to see my website. Maybe you can see DrEager1's online blog on Google. I don't know if it's still there, but hopefully it is. As to my website, well I don't know how to access it anymore, I've forgotten lol. It was called arranvid wix website or something. Arran is my first name, Vid is my middle name. Hence why my viner name is ArranVid.

Anyway, I noticed that my wix website wasn't getting as many votes on the legendary Pokemon poll, and only DrEager1 and I had voted on the poll. I wanted my stuff to be the centre of attention lol and I was disappointed that hardly anybody was going to my wix website. So I just became bored and went on ComicVine looking at fights. And then it occurred to me...why don't I just create a ComicVine account and make my own fights there? So I created a ComicVine account :-)

A4: I find it hard to choose a favourite comic book character. I've given the 'favourite comic book character' question a long time of thinking but I still can't find a favourite. I like Batman's realism compared to other characters like Superman and Spider-Man...plus Batman is highly intelligent and he is a hero (I like heroes)...but his crime fighting happens often at night and night time is boring. Superman and Spider-Man fight crime a lot during daytime and daytime is more exciting than night time. Batman also is not too original because he is based partly on Zorro and I give plus points to characters who have more originality than other characters. Superman is based on Phil Wylie's Gladiator, John Carter of Mars and perhaps other characters. Superman has a cool skill set...he can fly, he has a huge amount of strength, he has X-ray vision, he can send heat rays from his eyes, he can use the cold breath, he can run and fly very very quickly, he can hear what's happening on Earth while he is outside of Earth which means that he has super hearing, his brain can calculate like a supercomputer etc. This skill set is cool, but it's not as realistic as Batman's skill set. Also, Superman being a hero gives plus points for him. Spider-Man is based partly on Elsa Lesau's Spider-Queen. Spider-Man is a hero, so that's a likeable thing. He also has cool things like superhuman strength, very high intelligence, spider sense, climbing walls and buildings, very strong webbing, a likeable personality, 'way of the spider' fighting style. I think Batman is my favourite comic book character at the moment because he is realistic in his power level and he has a high intellect and he is a hero. However, my favourite comic book character could change in the future.

A6: My bedroom walls are covered in light/medium blue because I like blue a lot. I have always felt a connection to the ocean. I like beaches. Blue looks good on the sky. I have a black Audi and I thought black would look cool on a car but I think black can get boring. I like red. Red looks good on a Ferrari. Yellow and orange are good summertime colours, and they're bright and vibrant. I like green but I don't like it a lot. Green looks good on the grass, and dark green looks good on a Jaguar car (like the dark green Jaguar car used in the Pierce Brosnan James Bond film). Green also looks good on a snooker felt table. I think blue is my favourite colour but it's hard to choose.

A7: I like Killer Whales because they look cool and they're intelligent. They're also deadly to their prey. Some big cats look cool, like tigers, lions, leopards, pumas. When I was around 6 years old my favourite animal was the rhinoceros because of the horns on its nose and its cool-looking bulky body. I think my favourite animal is the human because I'm a human and I wouldn't have been able to experience the world with such an awareness and intelligence if I was another animal. I think all animals sadly have their flaws, including humans of course, but out of all the animals I think the human is my favourite.

I will try and answer question 2 later because at the moment I can't recall exactly when I joined ComicVine but when I find out I'll let you know :-)

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've found it. The page says I joined ComicVine in 2016 :-)

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's you gender identity?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arranvid: Sounds good, thanks for sharing! :-)

@superdarth: Considering I already stated my pronouns on my "About Me" section, I'm inclined to ask why you'd wanna know?

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's your favorite go-to movie snack??

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@remyboy:

Popcorn and sour candy with one of the candy's main ingredients being gelatin (versus corn-based candy). Wbu?

RemyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: I'm a chocolate covered pretzel kinda guy (preferable white chocolate)

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:

@superdarth: Considering I already stated my pronouns on my "About Me" section, I'm inclined to ask why you'd wanna know?

My bad, I'm not in the habit of reading anyone's about me.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who is the goofiest CV user?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: Can I define "goofiest" however I want to? Can I interpret it as "spontaneously radical"?

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike said:

@lilbroomstick: Can I define "goofiest" however I want to? Can I interpret it as "spontaneously radical"?

Yeah, sure go ahead! Lol

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I don't feel like patronizing or alienating any one unintentionally. Also one person I consider "goofy" is a viner I don't particularly like, so I'm going to reserve my opinion indefinitely on "the goofiest viner" question. It's just a can of worms I'm not willing to open right now lol, sorry.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lilbroomstick

@catlike: Fair.

alright this leads me to another question, do you think comic vine has any "chads"?

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By catlike

@lilbroomstick: I haven't noticed it that much to care about this issue a lot, but I definitely think so. That's all I'm going to say for now though.

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike:

If you had to say I was good at something, what would it be? 🤔

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lilbroomstick: I don't know you well, but I'll say that it seems you have good photographic memory for remembering feats (I think). It impresses me when other users have this ability as well (because I don't have it).

Lilbroomstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catlike: I was just asking what you thought based off the comments you've seen lol

To be fair I save feats in mostly imgur to have them ready. When I have to make a case for something so often it's easy to remember things if that makes sense.

catlike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers