are you pro-life or pro-choice? (read OP)

SpoilerBlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll are you pro-life or pro-choice? (read OP) (287 votes)

pro life 41%
pro choice 49%
don't care 9%

this is for a college essay, so forgive me if this has been done. i have to do either interviews or a survey, so this is my survey. Please explain f you could why you are pro-life or pro-choice.

• 
Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abortion being illegal saves a lot of lives.

jamesedward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 59

I am pro choice, because I don't believe anybody should be able to murder a baby (it doesn't matter whether it has been born or not).

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abortion being illegal saves a lot of lives.

Abortion is legal since 1970ish

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never said it wasn't.

You actually did, but that's ok.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat: I actually didn't, and that's okay, too. "Being" was used in pretense, as if it were going to become illegal.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#407  Edited By Buckwheat

@arthur_morgan:

what you mean stepback?

Abortion was made legal around 40 years ago. To make it ilegal again would be going backwards in women's rights.

and i mean if she cant raise the child but also doesnt want ppl to help than fck her.

That is harsh.

Know and learn what real responsibility is or dont fck around.

Actually I believe that education is the best contraceptive. So I would not focus on banning abortion but rather making young people aware of the consecuences of sex and the value of life.

its personal belief to be an asshole.

You bet it is. Most if not all assholes are it due to personal beliefs.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually didn't, and that's okay, too. "Being" was used in pretense, as if it were going to become illegal.

It's not the "being" part, it's the "saves lifes" which makes the statement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that what you meant to say is "abortion being ilegal would save a lot of lives".

But like I said, it's ok.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

Pro-life.

Not giving a reason because I don't want to be bombarded by 50 different people.

TOO LATE.

You're getting bombed harder than Hiroshima son. Prepare thy anus for the sweltering nuclear destruction of a million melting fetuses. Atoms are not the only things being torn today.

Also this.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By Baldur_Odinson

@buckwheat said:
@baldur_odinson said:

I actually didn't, and that's okay, too. "Being" was used in pretense, as if it were going to become illegal.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that what you meant to say is "abortion being ilegal would save a lot of lives".

I'm correcting you. I'd say both "being" and "saves lives" makes the statement. What I said is what I meant, "Abortion being illegal saves lives." "Being" is pretense, and "saves lives" equates to "saves a lot of lives." I'd also say you didn't understand the sentence. The sentence itself doesn't need correction, as there is nothing to correct. And yes, it's okay.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat said:
@baldur_odinson said:

I'm correcting you. I'd say both "being" and "saves lives" makes the statement. What I said is what I meant, "Abortion being illegal saves lives." "Being" is pretense, and "saves lives" equates to "saves a lot of lives." I'd also say you didn't understand the sentence. The sentence itself doesn't need correction, as there is nothing to correct. And yes, it's okay.

Ok, english is my second leguage, so I might be over my head, but what do you mean by "pretense".

Also, how I see it, the verb "saves" is present, as in it (abortion being ilegal) is saving lives right now. So you are mixing two different times in one sentence.

Enlighten me.

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baldur_odinson said:
@buckwheat said:
@baldur_odinson said:

Ok, english is my second leguage, so I might be over my head, but what do you mean by "pretense".

Also, how I see it, the verb "saves" is present, as in it (abortion being ilegal) is saving lives right now. So you are mixing two different times in one sentence.

Enlighten me.

No big deal. If you don't know what a pretense is, then you shouldn't be trying to correct my sentence. This is what pretense means.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckwheat said:
@baldur_odinson said:
@buckwheat said:
@baldur_odinson said:

Enlighten me.

No big deal. If you don't know what a pretense is, then you shouldn't be trying to correct my sentence. This is what pretense means.

Thanks for puting up with my ignorance.

However, that is actually what I thought pretense meant, I just couldn't see how it was implemented in your sentence.

Let's see how pretense is used:

pretense

noun

1. a. A false appearance or action intended to deceive: “He ran the back of his hand up her cheek, with the pretense of wiping away sweat” ( Jonathan Safran Foer )b. A professed but feigned reason or excuse; a pretext: left the room under the pretense of having to make a phone call.
  2. Something imagined or pretended: “Ardor had atrophied and weariness had taken its place … their connection was pretense” ( Deborah Weisgall )
  3. a. The quality or state of being pretentious; ostentation: so modest as to be free from any hint of pretense.b. A false or studied show; an affectation: models making a pretense of nonchalance.
  4. A claim or assertion to a right, especially a false one: “a celebrity with scarcely any pretense to talent or achievement” ( Joseph Epstein )

As you can see, pretense is not an intention you can give to any word, like in your case "being". Pretense is an actual word, you use in a sentence.

So although I appreciate you explaining it to me, I still don't see how your sentence is not flawed.

As you said, is no big deal, though.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sometimes you have to be harsch.

Yeah I agree with that, although I seldomly put it to practice.

Whathappened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro Life, but if the woman is in labor or something and the baby would kill the woman, I'd save her life than that parasite. Mother>>>>>>baby, don't get it twisted.

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By teaganwallis193

I'm actually a little bit ambivalent; I can hear and understand both sides of the argument, and my feelings are somewhat mixed. Ultimately, however, making abortion illegal will not stop women from seeking (unsafe) methods of aborting the foetus. Therefore, I have to support the latter.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm pro don't have irresponsible sex and get yourself knocked up.

Avatar image for teaganwallis193
teaganwallis193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is why people need Sex Education. While abstinence is indeed the only way to avoid getting pregnant, abstinence-only education doesn't work; people will have sex, regardless. Therefore, it is advisable to teach them how to do it safely.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king-ragnar said:

This is why people need Sex Education. While abstinence is indeed the only way to avoid getting pregnant, abstinence-only education doesn't work; people will have sex, regardless. Therefore, it is advisable to teach them how to do it safely.

Surely sex education should occur before one loses their virginity. And a key part of sex education is knowing when you are mature enough to handle the consequences of your actions. However, many sex education programs from 5 years up, have political agendas attached to them such as teaching there are 96 plus genders. I would find any program that teaches a biological man can become a woman is anti-woman. Quite literally, for any scenario where a man can be defined as a woman means you can not identify the characteristic/attribute that makes a woman a woman and that without that characteristic/attribute they are not a woman. In these indoctrination sessions what it is to be a woman is defined a way.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If everyone would just calm down and sit and enjoy a nice cup of tea and some embroidery, the world would be just lovely.

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sometimes you have to be harsch.

And jet abortion is not the best topic to be harsh.

I can picture this girl. A sweet teen that falls in love with this guy. They make love for the first time and he convinces not to use protection because, you know, he can't get it up with the distraction. She is naive and trusts him, because hey, she is in love and he promises he will "pull it out", but he doesn't. Next thing you know she is pregnant and he want's nothing to do with her. So he walks away and she is left with all the burden and responsability.

And then you come and say: fuck her.

Well you know what I say to that? Fuck you pal.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@doctornowadays: thank for being an example who ignores everything and reads fuck her.

stfu bro and learn to understand what depends on the situation means you moron.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given that getting pregnant as a result of rape is one of my biggest fears(Including the act itself, of course), I'm surely pro-choice.

Yeah... I would bet that most of the pro-life votes are from men.

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426  Edited By DoctorNowadays

@arthur_morgan:

thank for being an example

You are welcome. It is not easy being an example, but I try. God knows I try.

However, just a word of advise; blowing smoke up someone's ass wont make him/her agree with you.

stfu bro and learn to understand what depends on the situation means you moron.

Oh but I understand the situation and what it depends upon. All I did is give a little backstory to the girl you are so proud to be harsh about.

Also, if you are brave enough to talk harsh, you should be ready to have someone talk back to you in your own terms. It's all I did, by the way.

Glass canon syndrome have you?

So, don't tell me to stfu unless you are ready to be told to shut your hole.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Loading Video...

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

@doctornowadays: idk what girl you talking about.

I am harsh towards a girl who ignores better solutions.

feeling are feeling and if they stop your common sense this much , you shouldnt even go outside tbh.

you straight up dangerous lmao.

also you act like i said fuck to all of her existence.

i mean , i am the type of guy who is harsh but is ready to forgive because i am not god to look at some1 in one way for their entire life because one thing but at that point yes indeed, fuck her in a sense , she stupid for it.

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430  Edited By DoctorNowadays

@arthur_morgan:

idk what girl you talking about.

The same hypothetical you where telling to go fuck.

Giving your newborn son away is your better solution? Giving him away to an orphanage?

feeling are feeling and if they stop your common sense this much , you shouldnt even go outside tbh.

I'm not allowed outside, that's true, but I don't see how that adds to the discussion at hand.

Yes. And your point is?

Only God can fuck someone's whole existence. For the rest of us, we fuck but a mere instant.

i mean , i am the type of guy who is harsh but is ready to forgive because i am not god to look at some1 in one way for their entire life because one thing but at that point yes indeed, fuck her in a sense , she stupid for it.

Maybe she is stupid. Or maybe many a time innocence and inexperience is confused with stupidity, in a world that turns more skeptical and cold with every waking hour.

People like you, who do not hesitate to be jury, judge and executor, are the ones that turn the rest of us harsh. And if you think I'm exaggerating, go ask that girl that could've had an early abortion, but had to have a kid at 16.

Single teen mom. Giving up her dream to be a dentist. Working nightshifts at a Mc Donalds to pay her rent in a crappy apartment in a bad neighborhood. Without the maturity to properly teach her baby girl, that will grow in the streets with a lack of values and proper education, to get knocked-up herself as young as her mother. Perpetuating the circle.

And when that single teen mom is 60, ask her if she is an ugly harsh bitch because she chose to. Or if some point of her life had to do with it. I'm sure that one decision back in her youth would come to mind, even if for an instant, of the person she could have been if only she had been given the choice. The choice you took from her.

"But she can give the kid away" you stutter like the pusillanimous keyboard warrior you are.

Ah, yes. So she will grow in an orphanage, forever wondering why her parents refused her. Bullied by other orphans of harder origins. Abused by that one older kid, or even worst, by one of the persons that care for all the kids. Never to really feel at home, even if she is lucky to be adopted early on her life, which odds are she wont. And feeling unwanted she will search for affection in all the wrong places, with not enough self esteem to tell that guy to put the condom on...

And after all the hardship, the bullying, the loneliness, the abuse, when she —alone in that dirty bathroom staring blankly at her pregnancy test— needs a second opportunity to turn the table, to make someone of herself, to break the circle and be the mother she never had. To become that someone that not even her biological parents trusted she could become. When that time comes. Instead of giving her an option, you tell her to fuck herself and take away any option of deciding. Just have it and give it away, like your mother —if she could be called that— did with you. Or have it and ruin it, like your grandmother did with your mother. Yeah, that mother you never had.

So, now, with this context, go in that bathroom and tell her. YOU tell her: "Want a second chance?

Fuck you."

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I may have already posted here, but I can't find it. What I believe I posted before, and someone responded to it, was that people should only be allowed to abort the baby if sex was done through incest, rape, and or the woman or baby's health is in jeopardy.

Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays: what a pointless and stupid post.

you just posted a context that makes me look bad.

But i clearly said if she knows she can choose better solutions. gtfo with that manipulating shit.

This is exactly what ppl have done to religion so ppl can start hate on them. from now on i wont waste my time with ppl who choose what they want to use from my argument and give it their own context.

Go fool some1 else you wannabe illuminati.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@arthur_morgan:

Giving your newborn son away is your better solution? Giving him away to an orphanage?

I'm not allowed outside, that's true, but I don't see how that adds to the discussion at hand.

Yes. And your point is?

Only God can fuck someone's whole existence. For the rest of us, we fuck but a mere instant.

Maybe she is stupid. Or maybe many a time innocence and inexperience is confused with stupidity, in a world that turns more skeptical and cold with every waking hour.

People like you, who do not hesitate to be jury, judge and executor, are the ones that turn the rest of us harsh. And if you think I'm exaggerating, go ask that girl that could've had an early abortion, but had to have a kid at 16.

Single teen mom. Giving up her dream to be a dentist. Working nightshifts at a Mc Donalds to pay her rent in a crappy apartment in a bad neighborhood. Without the maturity to properly teach her baby girl, that will grow in the streets with a lack of values and proper education, to get knocked-up herself as young as her mother. Perpetuating the circle.

And when that single teen mom is 60, ask her if she is an ugly harsh bitch because she chose to. Or if some point of her life had to do with it. I'm sure that one decision back in her youth would come to mind, even if for an instant, of the person she could have been if only she had been given the choice. The choice you took from her.

"But she can give the kid away" you stutter like the pusillanimous keyboard warrior you are.

Ah, yes. So she will grow in an orphanage, forever wondering why her parents refused her. Bullied by other orphans of harder origins. Abused by that one older kid, or even worst, by one of the persons that care for all the kids. Never to really feel at home, even if she is lucky to be adopted early on her life, which odds are she wont. And feeling unwanted she will search for affection in all the wrong places, with not enough self esteem to tell that guy to put the condom on...

And after all the hardship, the bullying, the loneliness, the abuse, when she —alone in that dirty bathroom staring blankly at her pregnancy test— needs a second opportunity to turn the table, to make someone of herself, to break the circle and be the mother she never had. To become that someone that not even her biological parents trusted she could become. When that time comes. Instead of giving her an option, you tell her to fuck herself and take away any option of deciding. Just have it and give it away, like your mother —if she could be called that— did with you. Or have it and ruin it, like your grandmother did with your mother. Yeah, that mother you never had.

So, now, with this context, go in that bathroom and tell her. YOU tell her: "Want a second chance?

Fuck you."

Getting r/murderedbywords vibes here. Nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do enjoy the fact that in many cases, people who oppose abortion due to the 'sanctity of human life' also oppose welfare or government assistance that would benefit single-mothers raising children without the financial stability to properly care for them. Almost as if they don't give a flying f**k about the children, but simply want to teach these young women a lesson.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9
deactivated-5f3f3e796cbd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do enjoy the fact that in many cases, people who oppose abortion due to the 'sanctity of human life' also oppose welfare or government assistance that would benefit single-mothers raising children without the financial stability to properly care for them. Almost as if they don't give a flying f**k about the children, but simply want to teach these young women a lesson.

No Caption Provided
Arthur_Morgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By Arthur_Morgan

ppl debating with a “set in stone“ and “he sounds like this guy , so he must be like him“ mentality again , nothing new.

In the last thread i learned to not take you serios anymore. its better to laugh and enjoy stupidity as some sort of entertainment.

i sometimes understand why bill gates does what he does now. you basiclly asking for it.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im pro chives

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Pro Life. I however still respect other’s choices.

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pro choice

DoctorNowadays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctornowadays said:

@arthur_morgan:

Yes. And your point is?

Fuck you."

Getting r/murderedbywords vibes here. Nice.

Thanks for the support ;)

Ghostodoofus2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-life with 'rape' being the only exception to pro-choice. Those who choose to have unprotected sex and fall pregnant must accept responsibilities as parents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-life with 'rape' being the only exception to pro-choice. Those who choose to have unprotected sex and fall pregnant must accept responsibilities as parents

Forcing a young woman to go ahead with an unwanted pregnancy may significantly increase the chance of their child having a terrible life, as the mother may be financially unprepared, and children who are sent to orphanages generally have worse standards of living than those who don't and less fulfilling childhoods.

Ironically, I think it's a little irresponsible to potentially ruin the life of a young woman, and ensure that her child will have a bad life, all for the sake of teaching someone a lesson. Doesn't this seem a little hypocritical?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 killbilly  Moderator
Yuuto-jika557

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pro choice, because I don't believe anybody should be able to murder a baby (it doesn't matter whether it has been born or not).

so you are pro life lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am going to stay the hell away from this thread.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-life. Abortion is murder. I only understand in cases where the child would be un-viable, or if the mothers life is in danger.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it actually possible for you to make an argument without strawmanning your opposition?