are you pro-life or pro-choice? (read OP)

SpoilerBlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll are you pro-life or pro-choice? (read OP) (183 votes)

pro life 42%
pro choice 51%
don't care 7%

this is for a college essay, so forgive me if this has been done. i have to do either interviews or a survey, so this is my survey. Please explain f you could why you are pro-life or pro-choice.

• 
LEGACY6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

life is based on choices.

SpoilerBlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpoilerBlock

@legacy6364 said:

life is based on choices.

ok i guess im editing it so it can be specific -_-

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro choice the right to privacy/choose > the right of potential life

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am against abortions but making it illegal won't stop people from doing it.

Whether it should be legal or illegal shouldn't be an issue; what's important is preventing people who can't afford or don't want children to get pregnant in the first place.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Darling_Luna

Gamer

pro gamer

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

4chan on abortion

HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE BR BR

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pro choice, less terrible mothers around with abortion

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Pro-Choice.

I would rather someone admit that they're not ready for a child early before they have to deal with not being ready for a child after the child was born.

If your religion says that abortion is wrong then YOU shouldn't have an abortion, but don't force me to live by your religious norms.

This is 'Murica, I have the freedom FROM your religion as much as you have freedom to practice yours. You wouldn't like it if Muslims tried to outlaw bacon because it's immoral to eat in their religion, why should I have to follow yours?

SpoilerBlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i really wish you guys would actually answer the question -_-

Con7879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I'm a little split. I think if a woman is pregnant and has the money/support to raise the child adequately, it would be morally wrong for her to abort it for no other reason than convenience. On the other hand, if a woman gets pregnant, and isn't in a position to raise a baby due to lack of money/support, I think abortion is a viable option, and perhaps even the ethical one. I do however think the choice should be made as soon as possible, as I kinda think that after the first trimester, when the baby starts showing, you're not talking about a few cells growing into a kid, you're talking about a kid. If a woman aborted in the second, I'd still support her, but I'd be crushed if it were my child, and we'd probably end up breaking up.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By TifaLockhart

Both.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Pro-life.

Not giving a reason because I don't want to be bombarded by 50 different people.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Pro-life.

Not giving a reason because I don't want to be bombarded by 50 different people.

TOO LATE.

You're getting bombed harder than Hiroshima son. Prepare thy anus for the sweltering nuclear destruction of a million melting fetuses. Atoms are not the only things being torn today.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

Pro-life.

TOO LATE.

You're getting bombed harder than Hiroshima son. Prepare thy anus for the sweltering nuclear destruction of a million melting fetuses. Atoms are not the only things being torn today.

LOL

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Whatever a woman decides to do with her body is her prerogative.

BALEE_DATTTTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BALEE_DATTTTT

Pro-life.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52 said:

Pro-life.

Are you telling me to reply or are you stating that you are replying to my comment?

BALEE_DATTTTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathstroke52: Both. I was planning to flood your notification too, but I realized that would be unfair

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

I will say I am more on the side of Pro-Life, although I understand why Pro-Choice is important. It really just depends on the situation for me.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-Choice

But abortions should be limited to the first trimester and they should be a lot more expensive.

Bluejay4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really mixed, but generally I'm pro life.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-Choice

Its really none of my business if some random woman idk wants to get an abortion or not, if that's what she feels is the best thing to do, that's her call.

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't like directly talking about my political views, only indirectly, so I'm not trying to start something. For the sake of your essay I'm 100% pro-life.

It's little babies, you shouldn't feel the need to kill a baby. Stop screwing around if you don't want one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some people like me, there is an in between.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-choice

Nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I think I am Pro-Choice because I am a pro at making choices.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#28 vance_astro  Moderator

I'm pro-itsnoneofmybusinessbecauseidon'thaveavaginaorawombanddon'tbearchildren.

notoverrated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked pro- Choice. But its awkward for me when i start thinking about things like "what if the father wants the baby and the mother doesn't?". Its her body so you cant blame her but then its also his child, and it must be very disheartening for you to not be able to stop someone from killing your offspring.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm Pro-Me, so I'd go with Pro-Choice.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Pro-choice, even though it's terrible choice to have to make. Plenty of childless couples could take the unwanted children.

lesterlawton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-choice, because overpopulation is a very real thing.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By Jgames

I am pro-life, but with moderate exception of course. Too much extreme are never good, also I hate how most abortion laws don't target in protecting unborn, but target woman to make it harder to get an abortion. While ultrasound image are nice to show what at stake in an abortion, eliminating abortion clinic so woman have to drive over 100 miles to the nearest abortion clinic is disgusting. Also banning abortion is like banning alcohol, both won't stop if they are banned. I rather have a unborn not feel pain than dirty painful abortion that can endangered the woman. Unfortunately I feel like pro-life have some negative connotative meaning. Because you pro-life, and a guy, you must hate woman right, when that is wrong. The woman are just as important as the unborn, both life are precious and beautiful and deserve equal protection.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nick_hero22

Pro-Life

JulieDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-Choice.

I would rather someone admit that they're not ready for a child early before they have to deal with not being ready for a child after the child was born.

If your religion says that abortion is wrong then YOU shouldn't have an abortion, but don't force me to live by your religious norms.

This is 'Murica, I have the freedom FROM your religion as much as you have freedom to practice yours. You wouldn't like it if Muslims tried to outlaw bacon because it's immoral to eat in their religion, why should I have to follow yours?

QFT

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The one where you don't kill people

SuperDrummer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pro-choice, because only than can you look at it on a situation by situation basis. Pro-life eliminates all debate.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

@superguy1591 said:

Pro-Choice.

QFT

I agree that a lot of the criticism against the Pro-Choice side has been from the religious camps, but I believe that there are good non-religious arguments against Pro-Choice that can be made.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am against abortions but making it illegal won't stop people from doing it.

Whether it should be legal or illegal shouldn't be an issue; what's important is preventing people who can't afford or don't want children to get pregnant in the first place.

Agreed.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juliedc said:

@superguy1591 said:

Pro-Choice.

QFT

I agree that a lot of the criticism against the Pro-Choice side has been from the religious camps, but I believe that there are good non-religious arguments against Pro-Choice that can be made.

Only one I can think of is killing babies is wrong, but I am sure there is a few more.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nick_hero22

@ccraft said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@juliedc said:

@superguy1591 said:

Pro-Choice.

QFT

Only one I can think of is killing babies is wrong, but I am sure there is a few more.

I'm a Contractarian so on ethical grounds I think a case that abortion is wrong can be made, but I will also say that the implications of accepting abortion can lead down a very slippery slope of other norms that we will have to accept.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: I actually think the same thing. Not really sure what a Contractarian is.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By nick_hero22

@ccraft said:

@nick_hero22: I actually think the same thing. Not really sure what a Contractarian is.

Contractarianism is the view that ethics are derived from a "Social Contract", and what this "Social Contract" is suppose to represent is this ideal world that we all would want to live in if everything was perfect. This "Social Contract" is suppose to be reference to which we measure our actions to in the real world so it's a hypothetical scenario in nature, but it gives good insight into the foundations of "society"; and what I mean by "society" is just groups of people interacting in a collective sense to achieve some purpose, and that purpose is to flourish and thrive. The "Social Contract" tells us to imagine that we are at our most rational capacity behind a "Veil of Ignorance", and the "Veil of Ignorance" is essentially the idea that we don't know what our status in "society" is; so we have no clue to what are ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and etc., and that prevents us from having bias when we come together to determine the rules of the "Social Contract".

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no stance at the moment because I understand both sides.

But Abortion should not be funded by taxpayers money.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Pro life

Child's right to life > Mother's right to privacy

However, I know if that if abortion was outlawed their would be a much bigger chance of backalley abortions. That's not a great outcome either.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Superguy1591

@ccraft: @allstarsupermanAbortions dont kill babies. Abortions are illegal at the point where the entity is viable outside of the womb(the 3rd trimester).

Up till that point they're not babies, they dont even look like humans and wouldn't survive outside of the womb. If your response is going to be that the zygote/fetus will be human eventually, let me remind you that any sperm cell can be human eventually--why dont sperm cells have the right to life then?

Do we outlaw jerking off or is it just women we're trying to inconvenience.

@mandarinestro: if you're for people having access to contraception you're pro-choice as it is the pro-life people who are anti-sex ed and anti-contraception, which are proven to reduce the amount of unwanted pregnancy and, as a result, abortions.

The pro-life argument is intertwined with religion, not logic.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Superguy1591

@buttersdaman000: No, but making it more expensive basically makes you pro-life. You want to have the choice taken from the women who probably can't afford to have an unwanted child most by making it more expensive.

Also, some women don't know they're pregnant until they start to show(4 months or so), sometimes a woman's monthly guest doesn't show up naturally.

@heatblaze123: Then you're in luck: The American government has never paid for abortion, nor does either party wish to change that anytime soon.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: No, but making it more expensive basically makes you pro-life. You want to have the choice taken from the women who probably can't afford to have an unwanted child most by making it more expensive.

@heatblaze123: Then you're in luck: The American government has never paid for abortion, nor does either party wish to change that anytime soon.

Ah true, well then I guess i'm Pro-Chife......lol