Are you against death penalty?

• 121 results
Hulk_Like_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sometimes. It is needed, however, when the government gives out a death penalty to someone, which, I believe hasn't committed a crime that bad, then I am against it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@chimeroid: humans make mistakes. So yes sometimes an innocent can be a victim. And if you deem it wrong what do you propose as punishment? Life term to an innocent is as good as killing one. Some crimes are horrible and sometimes putting a person in a cage is just not the punishment

You do realize t hat you can let someone out of prison if you find out they are innocent, but you can't bring them back form the dead? It is rather simple.

And your reply? Well "shit happens".

So, to put it simply

And this is fact (or at least was when i was in Law School)

Would you kill 4 INNOCENT people to kill 96 guilty ones?

Or would you rather put 96 guilty ones in prison for life and SAVE 4 innocent people?

Don't overthink with this, just line it up like this

In order to kill 96 guilty people you HAVE TO KILL 4 RANDOM INNOCENT PEOPLE.

So, yay or nay in that casE?

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: I do realise that. But as I said death is better than jail because if ur innocent and be put in prison, obviously after coming back ur years are wasted ur reputation is defiled blah blah blah

Imo I would kill myself to avoid prison

Don't ask me what I would do. I am not a judge or jury.

So q nay

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: plus it's not about killing a random person. All proof against one is carefully analysed. Then the penalty is given in extreme cases.

How would I kill 4 innocent people. I would analyse the proof and then determine the result

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: plus it's not about killing a random person. All proof against one is carefully analysed. Then the penalty is given in extreme cases.

How would I kill 4 innocent people. I would analyse the proof and then determine the result

IT is killing random people. Because as wek now, that is the rate of errors. You see it as a failed trial, but for that person it was hell.

Imagine just randomly being accused of something, taken through years of struggle trying to prove that you aren't guilty and then being murdered. Imagine that happening to you right now. Cuz that is what happens to those 4 people in 100.

So you know, let's just not kill people because you have a death-boner. Also, speak to a therapist about your suicidal tendencies. you might need attention.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Darkthunder

@chimeroid: again don't make this about. Can you imagine being accused of a crime. Spending years in jail and if you are proved innocent then all that precious time wasted and ur reputation totally destroyed. That's hell.

Don't give me how many people on average die even when innocent. Death penalties are given in extreme cases(in my country at least). So that doesn't prove anything.

Don't worry about me I need no therapist. I have a perfectly happy and good life to lose. And this isn't relevant to the debate.

As I said death penalty is given in extreme cases not everyday just because someone is a psychopath as you said in ur original post. If u call a judge a psychopath then you should look up what psychopath is.

As u were on law school u should understand this better than most

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chimeroid: I do realise that. But as I said death is better than jail because if ur innocent and be put in prison, obviously after coming back ur years are wasted ur reputation is defiled blah blah blah

That's you though... I think most people would simply prefer being alive. I think it's not okay for you to support death sentence, just because YOU, in specific, prefer death over bad rep.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan: do you seriously think that losing precious years, struggling to prove ur innocence and then knowing that your friends talk about ur jail time behind ur back,idk how you can cope

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@lan_fan: do you seriously think that losing precious years, struggling to prove ur innocence and then knowing that your friends talk about ur jail time behind ur back,idk how you can cope

I mean. I'm just saying we can't speak for other people. Death isn't a simple matter at all. We can't start generalizing other people based on our personal view, especially not about something like this.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: again don't make this about. Can you imagine being accused of a crime. Spending years in jail and if you are proved innocent then all that precious time wasted and ur reputation totally destroyed. That's hell.

Don't give me how many people on average die even when innocent. Death penalties are given in extreme cases(in my country at least). So that doesn't prove anything.

Don't worry about me I need no therapist. I have a perfectly happy and good life to lose. And this isn't relevant to the debate.

As I said death penalty is given in extreme cases not everyday just because someone is a psychopath as you said in ur original post. If u call a judge a psychopath then you should look up what psychopath is.

As u were on law school u should understand this better than most

Ok, what country are you in? Because i want to check what classifies as "extreme cases" in your mind.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No. I don't believe the likes of serial killers and rapists and mass murders deserve another chance at life.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barkerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I`m against death penalty, sometimes it can be used to innocent people

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK, i actually will kinda stand behind you here as India does reserve the death penalty for the most extreme of the cases.

Spinach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the application.

Avatar image for x-thedeathgod-x
x-TheDeathGod-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really depends on what the process was

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By AbstractRaze

I'm not only for the death penalty but possibly for public execution, I think such practice should return to our modern times (minors are not allowed to take part, a penalty fee of 5000€/5450$)

People like Anthony Garcia, who sleeps during his death sentence after killing a child along with his housekeeper family, he's not sleeping, he's trying to ignore the reality going on around him. This individual is already dead in his mind and soul.

I think that even psychopaths are able to feel fear and public execution for specific cases should be an available thing in order to deliver a message that the society ist not kidding.

Alone that the American judge is allowing him to sleep during his sentence, shows too much forgiveness to a monster, too much piety, it's a sign that the West is becoming softer and softer, more vulnerable, this will lead the West to its extinction and misery, such as it's happening already, we did not take enough actions to defend ourselves against the COVID 19, it's because the West is becoming spineless and inefficient, we allow our sorrows and biased emotions to rule our paths, this must stop.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

Baldur_Odinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the person is truly deserving the Death Penalty, then I'm for killing them. It depends on the situation, really. I don't believe torture is worth the work; ending them completely leaves a better sensation.

Maalik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Vishop_

Honestly, it totally depends upon the situation. If an innocent person becomes too malicious or spiteful and even accidental at certain times, whether it's a matter of live/die situation or not doesn't mean they deserve the death penalty as capital punishment. But that doesn't mean cold-hearted people like rapists, politicians, law-abiding people, killers with a track record of breaking the law don't deserve the death penalty.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends upon the crime.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1
deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I use to be for it but now I'm not because too many innocent people getting sent to jail for various reasons.