Are you against death penalty?

• 113 results
Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Death penalty doesn't solve any problem in the long term.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometimes. It's undeniable that some people legit deserve to die.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm totally against it.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Completely for it

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

If an individual is posing a high level of threat to others then yeah, they should probably be executed. Apart from this, I'm generally against the death penalty unless it's given to a terrorist leader or something along those lines.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely not.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's just between having a death penalty and not having one, then no, I'm not necessary against it, although I think the requirements to be put on death row should be much more stringent. However, I'm a firm believer in putting terrible criminals to good use by using them to test new medications and experimental treatments. Instead of subjugating innocent animals or, even worse, the public to experimental treatments and medicines that might turn out to be very dangerous, why not test them on sick murderers and rapists? They'd be killed anyway, but this way, their death will lead to far more accurate and reliable results that we just can't get from testing on animals. It's a win/win situation, really. Plus, it'd probably be way cheaper than what we're doing now.

DivineDamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm against it. Simply because some people who get innocently accused could be put to death because of it, and it has happened more than once that somebody who was innocent has been accused, but got out of prison like 5 or 10 years later because new evidence was found.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yes I'm against it as some people don't deserve death they deserve to be tortured for the rest of their life. For example people like Hitler,myself etc.

I agree with this comment but WTF? with the last part?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By Heatblaze

Yes. As much as I want people who take the lives of others to be in a permanent dirt nap. Who are we, or anyone to have such authority?

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show people that killing is wrong by killing people.

We are not to decide who lives and who dies.

Imprisonment would be the best option.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread already exist and my answer is always YES!

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By JaylinFreeman

Yes. It likely won't deter any future crime, and no offense to those who support it but it just seems like an excuse to justify you using your emotions in regards to what to do with a person's life.

Avatar image for windshieldwiper
Windshieldwiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I am against it. I'd rather have 100 killers live and be imprisoned than 1 innocent man killed. Wrongful convictions happen.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think there should be executioner duty in the same way there is jury duty.

if you dont show for the button pushing then the gouv hunts you down and makes you fight the criminal to the death

DevoidRuby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an issue with the prison system in general.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

110% pro execution. Many scumbags are walking around when their victims cannot. Kill them, kill them all.

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the proof is 100% unarguable like a killer who was arrested at the scene with plenty of witnesses then 100% for it, and speed it up. No reason someone should be on death row for 10 plus years first.

Schedule it for 3 days after a trial and put 3 bullets in their head and be done with it.

Life in prison should not exist. That is many thousands of tax payer dollars wasted of someone never going anywhere.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In an idealized delusional world where resources are inexhaustible and solutions can alway be made available, yes I will be against it.

In practical real world setting where resources are limited and there are many more pressing issues and problems we need to address, death penalty has it's value.

It could provide deterence, at the very least prevent repeat offenders of very henious crimes.

Some victims could gain closure and resolution (justice) from it.

Society would have an outlet for their anger and frustrations against crimes and violence.

King_Majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Some people deserve death; not everyone is reconcilable. If I were given the Golden Hand of Judges, I'd be more than happy to pull the lever on certain individuals.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

The only real issue with it, is false accusations, which are all too common in this day and age.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't know. On the one hand, some crimes are so heinous that simple incarceration just doesn't seem like an adequate penalty but on the other hand, is the death penalty really effective as a deterrent?

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No.

The only real issue with it, is false accusations, which are all too common in this day and age.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Jucaslucasa

Yes, it's pointless revengism.

And, really, just the possibility of executing an innocent person should be enough to deem it as wrong. You can free someone if you send them to jail, you can't bring them back if you murder them.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

I don't know. On the one hand, some crimes are so heinous that simple incarceration just doesn't seem like an adequate penalty but on the other hand, is the death penalty really effective as a deterrent?

Well it definitely deters established criminals from commiting anymore henious crimes.

SpongeGar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, if a person has done some horrific stuff and we have enough evidence to prove that then I’m all for it

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morally, not at all. In practice... it's complicated. In an ideal world the main advantage would be not having to waste taxpayer money on keeping those subhuman shitbags alive and well for decades in prison, but currently as far as I know it ends up costing more. Then of course you have the problem of false convictions, which is only going to get worse as technology improves and with it people's ability to fabricate evidence. Fortunately that problem doesn't exist for scum like mass shooters who get caught at the scene, though.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the killer is 100% guilty and has done some horrible atrocities then yes I think they should be put to death

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By KillerQueen

Absolutely not. Some people just deserve to die. In fact, it'd honestly be better if we had an even worse alternative considering there are plenty of people that death would be too good for.

KrispyAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck the death penalty

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andrew_____

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Andrew_____  Online

No. Some people are just monsters who deserve to die.

Avatar image for wolverinebatmanftw
WolverineBatmanFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andrew_____ said:

The thing is, not everyone who gets put on death row is a monster. There have been plenty of cases wherein a person has been wrongfully convicted and executed.

150 people have been executed wrongfully in the US alone. Have a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States

I'd rather have 100 killers live and be imprisoned than kill one innocent person.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
RedHood_JayTodd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RedHood_JayTodd

I'm against the death penalty when it comes to ordinary crimes, but I support its use against convicted war criminals.

Lan_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@andrew_____ said:

The thing is, not everyone who gets put on death row is a monster. There have been plenty of cases wherein a person has been wrongfully convicted and executed.

150 people have been executed wrongfully in the US alone. Have a look: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wrongful_convictions_in_the_United_States

I'd rather have 100 killers live and be imprisoned than kill one innocent person.

Yeah, fair point here.

KillerQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't believe people still ask this question.

PaulPogba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am aganist it.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it feels like the people who are for the death penalty are mostly just emotional and react to crimes on a personal level. That, or are psychopaths themselves who are just looking for legal ways to kill people. If we ever found a way to be 100% error free in all of our judgements, i might reverse my opinion and support the death penalty for extreme cases, but until then, under no circumstances is it ok to kill in a developed society.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Some crimes are unforgivable. The pain it causes to the loved one if someone is murdered,is just something that cannot be understood unless you experience the same thing.

Though method of death should be painless and not choking someone. Thatvis dreadful. Poisoning someone is okay

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, it feels like the people who are for the death penalty are mostly just emotional and react to crimes on a personal level.

That is a wrong assessment of people imo. Yeah people are definitely emotional but doesn't mean they always take it personally. It's only in extreme cases that a death penalty is given. People are emotional that is why we have courts and a judge. Many will say kill that person who commited an atrocity which they deem is unforgivable but a judge is there to ensure a fair trial and try not to sentence a man to death unnecessarily

or are psychopaths themselves who are just looking for legal ways to kill people

honestly don't know about this

. If we ever found a way to be 100% error free in all of our judgements, i might reverse my opinion and support the death penalty for extreme cases, but until then, under no circumstances is it ok to kill in a developed society.

i doubt you will say the same thing if the crime happens to you. I know humans make mistakes but we operate on proof and in such conditions all proof is gathered carefully. 80% of thr time the person is a criminal

MOWJACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Some crimes are unforgivable. The pain it causes to the loved one if someone is murdered,is just something that cannot be understood unless you experience the same thing.

Though method of death should be painless and not choking someone. Thatvis dreadful. Poisoning someone is okay

CocaColaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support it, but I feel that, ideally, it should ONLY be used for murder (still considering whether rape should be considered for it) and it should be the loved ones of the victim who decide if the penalty should be given..

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:

Honestly, it feels like the people who are for the death penalty are mostly just emotional and react to crimes on a personal level.

That is a wrong assessment of people imo. Yeah people are definitely emotional but doesn't mean they always take it personally. It's only in extreme cases that a death penalty is given. People are emotional that is why we have courts and a judge. Many will say kill that person who commited an atrocity which they deem is unforgivable but a judge is there to ensure a fair trial and try not to sentence a man to death unnecessarily

or are psychopaths themselves who are just looking for legal ways to kill people

honestly don't know about this

. If we ever found a way to be 100% error free in all of our judgements, i might reverse my opinion and support the death penalty for extreme cases, but until then, under no circumstances is it ok to kill in a developed society.

i doubt you will say the same thing if the crime happens to you. I know humans make mistakes but we operate on proof and in such conditions all proof is gathered carefully. 80% of thr time the person is a criminal

The fact that you believe i would make a difference because a different victim is involved shows that you would too. Thus, showing that you are not objective.

So, to put it simply, your message shows that

A) You understand that you aren't objective

B) You react emotionally to this as you would make a difference depending on who the victim is

Those 2 things show that you aren't rational. Plain and simple.

Now, to reiterate:

1. Not sure about the latest research, but back when i was in Law School, Texas on average killed 1 innocent person for each 25 people they killed. Imagine if one day you got arrested for something you didn't do, sentenced, and are waiting a death penalty for a crime you didn't comit. Now, lets do the 'I doubt you will say the same thing if "the punishment" happens to you. The fact that the system is more often right than wrong would be of little value to you then.

ah heck, there are so many other points i can bring up, but i don't have the strength.

Simple, if your proximity to the victim makes a difference in your opinion about the law, you aren't being objective, you can't decide on life and death if you can't be objective.

AbstractRaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By AbstractRaze

I support the death penalty, it's essential for a healthy nation, for instance, Singapore, a nation that belongs to the developed world, that not only is one of the richest nations but has one of the highest GDP (PPP), proudly practices the death penalty against drug dealing, for instance, it became a nation that is truly winning the war against drugs.

Singapore lacks any natural resources, the country mostly relies on intellectual capabilities, services than anything else, a nation that truly domains a capitalist system at a high intellectual level.

First-degree murderers deserve the death penalty for the safety of other prisoners.

Loading Video...

-

The death penalty should become an indispensable legal procedure, a total inherent branch of a fully working legal system, for the sake of the society, for the safety of other people, for the safety of other prisoners that committed crimes of lower importance, first-degree murder and drug dealing should be punished with the death, a total natural decision by any reasonable mind that seeks for prosperity.

Loading Video...

JaylinFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. In my opinion, it is a morally, financially, and economically poor decision to sentence someone to death as it embraces and teaches vengeance and using your emotions is the right of passage. Not only that, but having somebody sitting on death row for years at a time can cost millions, it also doesn’t serve as an effective deterrent for crime, and there have been innocent people killed on death row.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: humans make mistakes. So yes sometimes an innocent can be a victim. And if you deem it wrong what do you propose as punishment? Life term to an innocent is as good as killing one. Some crimes are horrible and sometimes putting a person in a cage is just not the punishment