Are you against death penalty?

• 121 results
ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Do you agree or disagree that people should die for their crimes?

If you agree,then how do you think these criminals should die?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

This thread probably already exists. But to answer the question, yes, I'm against it.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Been done, and yes.

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on who gets it i wouldn't mind some people getting the chair really humanity has a darker half and we can't shine brightly until it's perished just my opinion though.

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gamejutsu

@ui876will: Would you support Hitler getting the death sentence?

Or would you be fine with him going to prison only to have some corrupt high-up guys bail him?

It's like either giving the head of the Illuminati death sentence or life sentence. He isn't going to stay in jail.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yes I am against it

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BlueHope

Death penalty is more expensive with a fair law sistem than life in prison , also there is always a tiny chance of mistake in judgements so yes I'm against it

But I support that criminals who get life sentence the right to a legal assisted suicide, if they want to die so no one lose from it

dawnone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dawnone

On your'e question on how they go it depends on the severity of the crime at hand I beleive those who are deserving of their punishment should go as painfully as possible if you have raped mudered and killed you should know what it's like to be rape murdered and killed.

Leo-343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Leo-343

Nah I'm all for it.

InsaneWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm neutral.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

There are plenty scum in this world and a lot of them don't deserve to breath. So no. For me they can die.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamejutsu:

No Caption Provided

I can understand your point of view bro,but trust me,even if justice doesn't work when talking about rich and powerful people,killing a person for doing something really bad wouldn't make you better than him/her,you would just be as bad as this person is.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends on the person and what they did. For example the guy who did the theater shooting (James Holmes?) I wouldn't be mad if they toasted his punk a** one bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ui876will: This is not a comic book.

There are plenty of people who are never going to change and plenty of people who's crimes are so abominable that they don't deserve still walking among the living. Kill a serial assassin doesn't make bad to anyone and doesn't show any lack of morale.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: and who is going to judge them ?? you ?? me ??

No one has the right to take anyone's life,don't matter what that person did.

killing a criminal isn't going to change anything,except the fact that you took someone's life too...

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Shinjiro

@ui876will: Going by that. Nobody has the right to do anything.

There are plenty of people who is capable of judging someone's action. In fact i think there is a profession about it (Judge)

We have the right to left a person in a prision for the rest of his life, we have the right to negated him any talk with other people just to make him insane, we have the right to take all his stuff to pay the damage dealt to the victims.

Accept it already, criminals don't have any value. Especially those who's crimes are the worst. And killing a rapist or a killer doesn't make me like them.

ui876will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: Yeah,but everyone has the right to live,and even if a person kills another,he must maintain this right.

a person may be punished by his acts going to prison for the rest of his life,but it's not the same thing than killing him.

and why can't some people understand that an eye for an eye is never the right answer for any problem ?? darn,the day when all people understand that,the world will be a much better place to live -_-

Avatar image for alexander_willi
Alexander_Willi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronda got the death penalty last weekend.................

hyiena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm for it.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We have lost our sense of justice

Smearing lines of right and wrong

Despising any standards

We blindly stumble on

Bleeding hearts may scream compassion

What of those that cannot cry

A life is worth a life

Justice, merciful and blind"

Stavesacre-Zzyzx Scarecrow

gamejutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gamejutsu

@thenaughtytitan: Really bro?

@ui876will: I didn't necessarily say I supported that. It's just that I see why people are supportive of death penalty rather than life sentence. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if more people support DP than those against it.

If it was me who had the choice to kill the head of the Illuminati or Hitler, I'd instead lock them in the world's most tight and secure prison AKA the Eight Wonder.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was on the fence for a while, but it works with our system because just to be guilty in our society, you are judged by your peers and they all have to think "im 99.999% sure this guy is guilty" so im for it.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ronda got the death penalty last weekend.................

Loading Video...

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dewin50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dewin50

Yes.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unBREAKable_Fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree with it.

Flumox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

4% of people on Death penalty are innocent in US. That is scary. Heavily against it. IN fact. Most of civilized world has abandoned it. US has been tardy to that update.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro: And what do you suggest about the 4% of wrongly accused that end up dead anyhow?

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: It's a tragedy. But it's not fault of the penalty itself. It's a fault of the system.

There is a lot of people who get wrong sentences and end up losing great part of his life in prision. But i don't think anybody here argue that in order to make life-time sentences worse, right?

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinjiro said:

@chimeroid: It's a tragedy. But it's not fault of the penalty itself. It's a fault of the system.

There is a lot of people who get wrong sentences and end up losing great part of his life in prision. But i don't think anybody here argue that in order to make life-time sentences worse, right?

When you wrongly imprison someone and find out he is innocent you can set him free. If you kill him that is not a tragedy THAT IS MURDER.

Deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By Deathstroke52

Yes in most cases

Shinjiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid: There is a lot of people who die in prision, maybe for old age or for the prision itself but again. Nobody seems to use that argument. Not even yourself.

And again, it's not a murder. It's a tragedy. But people who die in prision don't die for sentence. They die for a fault in the system. Erase the death penalty won't do any difference in this cases. A better legal system will do it.

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't kill a criminal so I don't think I have the right to approve of it.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

No, mainly because the majority of people who "deserve" the death penalty would rather receive death; it's a much easier, and cowardly way out. Let them rot in jail with minimal sunlight in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day. It's way cheaper anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, I don't believe in it because the justice system is too flawed but at the same time, if someone hurt a family member or someone I cared for, I am sure I'd be capable of killing them.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@shinjiro said:

When you wrongly imprison someone and find out he is innocent you can set him free. If you kill him that is not a tragedy THAT IS MURDER.

And there are people who get FAR less time than they deserve, or even no time at all (and there are people who haven't gotten the death penalty but deserve it). Is the justice system perfect? No, there will always be people wrongly accused, but lets not act like the opposite doesn't happen.

Nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Nefarious

Yes.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yes, and quite frankly, anyone for it must be a heartless individual, no apologies given.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we can avoid death penalty without putting in danger other people, then I'm against it. Otherwise I'm for it.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah,but everyone has the right to live,and even if a person kills another,he must maintain this right.

a person may be punished by his acts going to prison for the rest of his life,but it's not the same thing than killing him.

and why can't some people understand that an eye for an eye is never the right answer for any problem ?? darn,the day when all people understand that,the world will be a much better place to live -_-

i fail to see the logic in this when you take account the true dregs of humanity that never cared for human lives. did the killers have better rights to judge someone's live then ? if you account for the right to live, the victims pretty much need it and their killers denied it.

sending a man in prison where he/she's more likely to be more comfortable than the victim and victim's family isn't going to sound good to them but then again imprisonment or rehabilitation is a lost concept if the criminal can't feel remorse.

i suppose you can be the better man/woman when you are placed in that position where an eye for an eye is such a viable option but let's be realistic here; one's reaction to an emotional loss is different per person and their reaction is justifiable for the cause.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chimeroid said:
@shinjiro said:

And there are people who get FAR less time than they deserve, or even no time at all (and there are people who haven't gotten the death penalty but deserve it). Is the justice system perfect? No, there will always be people wrongly accused, but lets not act like the opposite doesn't happen.

So you say it is better to kill an innocent man than to let a murderer live?

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No but it depends on the circumstances.

Norin-Radd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I'm against it as some people don't deserve death they deserve to be tortured for the rest of their life. For example people like Hitler,myself etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-579e79a09210d
deactivated-579e79a09210d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4