• 121 results
pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pr0d1gy

This is not a personal attack on the mods of the vine but I've flagged several posts that are obviously off topic or trolling and they aren't removed.

Also, when i was temporarily banned for 3 days, I was banned because I was 'annoying' a mod. Well... what type of reason is that? Usually to ban someone there has to be predetermining factors and evidence, there was none.

I also PM'd a few mods and asked to speak to a super mod regarding this type of unfair treatment and nobody responded.

I'm apart of several forums, such as Neoseeker, Kanzenshuu ect and I have never seen such such crappy reasons or treatment.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Mods tend to be busy and they are not god like, so they can't get everything. The banning cause being annoying, I would hope there would be alot more to it

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods tend to be busy and they are not god like, so they can't get everything. The banning cause being annoying, I would hope there would be alot more to it

If mods are inable to keep up with the current level of activity, isn't it a little logical to promote more people rather than biting off more than you can chew?

Also the sarcasm about 'gods' is a little over-board. Two mods on Neoseeker are able to moderate every single response from a myriad of different members.

All it takes is a little dedication.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are human beings, they have their biases and the people they dislike. And I do believe that there have been some pretty unfair bans, and I have noticed that some mods rarely seem to actually do their job and help out. It shouldn't matter if you are annoying them, all that should matter is if you break the rules or stir up trouble. But there is not much you can do about it.

Mods on some other sites are a lot worse, CV mods are pretty good for the most part.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Sure. Didn't say other wise.

That response was a little over board : P

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@pr0d1gy said:

This is not a personal attack on the mods of the vine but I've flagged several posts that are obviously off topic or trolling and they aren't removed.

Also, when i was temporarily banned for 3 days, I was banned because I was 'annoying' a mod. Well... what type of reason is that? Usually to ban someone there has to be predetermining factors and evidence, there was none.

I also PM'd a few mods and asked to speak to a super mod regarding this type of unfair treatment and nobody responded.

I'm apart of several forums, such as Neoseeker, Kanzenshuu ect and I have never seen such such crappy reasons or treatment.

That happened to me too man. Just don't do anything annoying and nobody will flag you. :-D

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Straight-Fire

Uh, yes. What a stupid question to ask. Everybody is somewhat bias.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Read the forum rules and follow them, and don't flag anyone who's not breaking the rules. Pretty simple.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I haven't received so much of a warning in 4, years.....

Shitty language rules aside, I like the Mods, tbh.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ryagan said:

Read the forum rules and follow them, and don't flag anyone who's not breaking the rules. Pretty simple.

Tell that to all of comic vine, so much wrongful flagging that goes on here... the flagging system is trash.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Super mod!? Is there also a sm2,3,and 4!? And dont tell me theres a super mod god,or a smgsm!!!(super mod god super mod.) Of all the names....

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every single human being that has ever lived is biased in some way or another, the mods here don't seem to have anymore bias than anywhere else in particular. I have argued with mods before yet I've never once been banned, had a couple warnings but nothing serious because I try to follow the site rules as best as I can.

I've noticed the people who complain the most about mods are the people who get flagged a lot or that constantly willfully ignore the rules. This site is allowed to govern itself in whatever way they see fit and if you can't follow the fairly lenient rules here then maybe this isn't the place you want to be.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Super mod!? Is there also a sm2,3,and 4!? And dont tell me theres a super mod god,or a smgsm!!!(super mod god super mod.) Of all the names....

Neoseeker has a Supermod above the normal Mods so of course I'm going to assume this site does as well.

Uh, yes. What a stupid question to ask. Everybody is somewhat bias.

It shouldn't affect their modding abilities.

It surely doesn't on other forums I'm apart of.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

I can guess by your avatar how you were being annoying. Lol.

I've never had a single altercation yet.

goatzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Still,super mod?!It makes them sound godlike.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ryagan said:

Tell that to all of comic vine, so much wrongful flagging that goes on here... the flagging system is trash.

A flagging system similar to YouTube's that would make users explain why they're flagging someone would definitely cut back on unnecessary flagging.

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy:

Please, dude. There's two sides to every story. I seriously doubt a mod temp banned you just because you were annoying him/her. Just don't believe it.

That being said, CV mods are super cool overall.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Mandarinestro

The only mistake the mods ever made is the War on Swearing, which just like any war declared on nouns, is doomed to fail miserably.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone is biased but I'm sure they try and be as objective as possible if not just for their reputation. These are people with real lives as well...they moderate what they can, it's not perfect but cut them some slack. It seems you maybe deserved the ban?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the swearing rules are dumb. As if theres not swearing in comics, or on the internet. Letting some swear words be allowed is even dumber. It kind of betrays the whole point of the rule in the first place.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You can't treat the mods the same way you treat other posters.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23 Lunacyde  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011:

Yeah I've been here 7 years and never had trouble and I'm not even friends with any active mods

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're people and all people are biased so yes.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never once received a warning in the 4 or so years I've been on Comicvine, I don't understand how people have so much trouble with the mods.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never once received a warning in the 4 or so years I've been on Comicvine, I don't understand how people have so much trouble with the mods.

Change the period of time around a bit and pretty much this.

From my experience the mods here are pretty lax.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

You know what you did.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a guy who is making DBZ vs Marvel threads, you obviously didn't read the site rules or care enough to follow them.

Yeah, I'm with the group who thinks you're bullshitting. If you got banned you had it coming.

For you young twitter crowd. #divaop #wahwahwahmilkandcookies

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

You know what you did.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a guy who is making DBZ vs Marvel threads, you obviously didn't read the site rules or care enough to follow them.

Yeah, I'm with the group who thinks you're bullshitting. If you got banned you had it coming.

For you young twitter crowd. #divaop #wahwahwahmilkandcookies

I made a single thread, oh boo hoo.

Anyways I have the conversation to back up my claims.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

You can't expect from any mod to respond right away to a flag on a thread or something of that kind. They may have the power here and they should always be at your disposal but those people have their own lives outside of ComicVine and you cannot expect them to always be online and do stuff here.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Why do I feel the word "annoying" as you put it may be synonymous with "trolling" or "harassing?" in the eyes of the mod in question?

Like many others who have been on CV for some years, I've not really gotten into it with the mods. Before you point your finger at the community, maybe you should take a look at yourself.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Why do I feel the word "annoying" as you put it may be synonymous with "trolling" or "harassing?" in the eyes of the mod in question?

Like many others who have been on CV for some years, I've not really gotten into it with the mods. Before you point your finger at the community, maybe you should take a look at yourself.

Absolutely not.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr0d1gy: Well as nobody in this thread is working with all the information nobody can fully answer your question. I'll say I've not seen moderator bias in my time here. That isn't to say moderators won't reply to you as a user and argue with you, but I've not known the mods to be anything less then professional.

The other trend I've observed over the years is that threads much like this one are made by people who cause trouble. As you don't have a time machine and cannot get back the time lost from your temp ban, my advice would be to be a respectable member of the community and hope your future experiences are better then your current ones.

You're not a special snowflake. If you follow the rules the mods will have no reason to seek you out and give you grief.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock

Get over it.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Rpgesus

@pr0d1gy: yep I've had the same type of stuff happen but at the end of the day I kinda feel sorry for them because their whole life revolves around CV with no chance of success lol

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RisingBean
@rpgesus said:

@pr0d1gy: yep I've had the same type of stuff happen but at the end of the day I kinda feel sorry for them because their whole life revolves around CV with no chance of success lol

Also why are there so many users dick riding ther mods??

This is coming from a guy with nearly 3700 posts in three months time.

Also I wouldn't call it dick riding. I'd call it speaking it as I'm seeing it. I suppose I could be edgier and shake my fist against authority in the fight against the establishment and all that, but meh.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean: I'm just calling it how I see it and yeah I go on when I'm bored at night or the morning and binge post I didn't sign up to be obligated to play teacher making sure no one is hurting each others feeling lmao

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RisingBean

@rpgesus: It's not an obligation. Some people step up. I get it's not a job for everybody, but without mods this site would suck. I wouldn't call them failures at life. The mods I've had the pleasure of speaking to, have all been respectful and my interactions have all been good. Even the time or so I've been mildly scolded, the mod didn't act a jerk about it.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just got banned idc there the mods just let it go.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By albusan

Mods eat kids like you for breakfast!!

Then they ask their moms for $6 bucks, to get some Taco Bell for lunch.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#42 BumpyBoo  Moderator

The struggle is real.

regie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The rules are rather easy to follow.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By Superguy1591

Every human being has a bias.

Anyway, if you're "annoying" a mod it means you're going out of your way to do so. If have disagreements with almost every mod and I'm still here.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

<.<

>.>

"maybe"

*hides*

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#48  Edited By wildvine

@pr0d1gy:

1) We have a lot of flagged posts to deal with every day. So we may not deal with it as fast would be preferred. I assume by 'removed' you mean dealt with, since we don't normally delete posts unless they are particularly offensive. I would also say that different mods have different styles, so someone may have sent the people in question a PM instead of dealing with it in the forum. So that's a possibility.

(Edit) Fun fact, you can PM us links to offensive or trolling posts. You don't have to just flag. Fun fact of the day.

2) I don't know anything about this complaint, so no comment.

3) There is no 'super mod.' All the mods operate on the same level of authority. If you feel you have been mistreated by a mod you should contact CV staff.

Hope that helps.

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MrHamWallet

@risingbean: Can't post meme or gifs but...shots fired.

I don't think you can continually post on a site about comic books and have the neck to claim the people calling the shots don't have lives...

The only rule I have issue with is the swearing, but I foolow it, and if anything it helps me swear less in general which is not a bad thing.

I don't think I'd like riding dick, but there's gotta be a female mod right? ;)

lowlaville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazy mods be lazy. I often wonder if they even take note of flagged posts/content.