Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#1 Edited by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

Or could a well written story about them in like a comic about a gungan jedi or gungan mercenary gang, turn things around ? I don't think they are battle-droid levels of bad. Granted, they were only in one movie.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
#2 Posted by deactivated-5a2b0053414c5 (8165 posts) - - Show Bio

Jar Jar was clearly the best SW character.

Avatar image for emperor_jar_jar
#3 Posted by Emperor_Jar_Jar (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, because most people will remember the Gungans for the Jar Jar.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#4 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9468 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like their character design and weaponry. They are also not annoying except Jar Jar.

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (16286 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone has actually read anything about them, then they’ll see that Gungans are pretty interesting and unique. Their warriors aren’t half bad either.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#6 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (17953 posts) - - Show Bio

What's weomg with battle drioids?

OT: They aren't irredeemable but it would be real hard to get the image of Jar Jar out of people's heads whenever they see them.

#7 Posted by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

I never got why people disliked Jar Jar so much. Most of his haters seem like bandwagoners TBH.

#8 Posted by password65 (188 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (27086 posts) - - Show Bio

Gungans aren't irredeemable; Ewoks are.

#10 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

Jar jar is about as annoying as Chewie is. Sue me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d
#11 Posted by deactivated-5bc57690a1c7d (908 posts) - - Show Bio

The Gungans were never bad, it was just their village idiot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
#12 Posted by deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f (6669 posts) - - Show Bio

If I could, I would give all Gungans radiation poisoning.

#13 Posted by MetalJimmor (6547 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my Star Wars original characters is a gungan jedi who wields a gungan energy shield alongside his lightsaber, maintaining the cultural warrior traditions of his people alongside the ataru style he was taught as a jedi to become a formidable duelist. I chose ataru largely because of the incredible leaping power gungans already have. Just imagine one with the Force amplifying his leaps and acrobatics even further.

There is definitely room for solid gungan characters. They have an incredibly interesting design and culture, and I enjoy seeing them any time it isn't Jar Jar specifically. Roos Tarpals, the Gungan warrior we saw in the movie, was a badass. Especially in the Clone Wars series where he sacrificed himself to bring down General Grievous.

It is unfortunate that Jar Jar Binks had to be the representative for the entire species to the fandom. If we had Roos instead of Jar Jar, I feel gungans could have easily become as beloved a figure in the Star Wars mythos as wookies.

#14 Posted by Bastets (256 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

If anyone has actually read anything about them, then they’ll see that Gungans are pretty interesting and unique. Their warriors aren’t half bad either.