Anyone play or have the New Mario Brothers Game for Wii?

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MKF30

Just curious who here has it or has played it? My friend is getting it this week from online, I'll be getting it right after Christmas once I get my wii...but so far all my friends who have it say it's great, one of the best Marios. 4 player is fun and the way this one is made, the advanced or nooby can enjoy it! 

I can't wait, I just hope I'll be able to get a copy by then :) 

So who has it? Do tell :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I have Mario Kart Wii and PBR also Brawl

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MKF30

I love Mario Kart wii and Brawl, play it at my friends every week. What's PBR?

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Wisppeons

no I do not have Super Mario bros 3.5

Avatar image for thesavageassasin
TheSavageAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By TheSavageAssasin

Nope.I want to.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MKF30

Wisspeons, perhaps you've been out of the loop...It's not Mario Bros 3.5, it's Mario Brothers 8 in terms of just Mario games and if anything Mario 5 in terms of 2D games, but kudos for effort ;) 

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Sparda

I have it, it's a lot of fun, and if anything it's probably closer to Super Mario World 2.0 than SMB3.5.

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MKF30

What I like about it that past Marios don't offer is you can play it more competitively/advanced or for the nooby...Check out the youtube skills videos and you'll see the crazy stuff you can do....lol pretty nuts.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sparda

Some of the videos that you can unlock in-game are absolute madness. The one where they move Luigi across an entire stage without having him touch the ground using Yoshis is crazy.

Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wisppeons
@Sparda said:
" I have it, it's a lot of fun, and if anything it's probably closer to Super Mario World 2.0 than SMB3.5. "
I stand corrected  :P
Captain Napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Captain Napalm

I bought it to give to my brother on Christmas, but I'll probably end up playing more than he will :P

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sparda
@Wisppeons said:
" @Sparda said:
" I have it, it's a lot of fun, and if anything it's probably closer to Super Mario World 2.0 than SMB3.5. "
I stand corrected  :P "
Ah, they're all pretty close anyways.

That being said, I don't really have problems with sequels having similarities with their predecessors. I mean, hell, nearly every Castlevania that's come after Symphony has been ridiculously similar but I still love em.
Wisppeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wisppeons
@Sparda said:
" @Wisppeons said:
" @Sparda said:
Ah, they're all pretty close anyways.  That being said, I don't really have problems with sequels having similarities with their predecessors. I mean, hell, nearly every Castlevania that's come after Symphony has been ridiculously similar but I still love em. "
yea is there going to be a new Castlevania anytime soon?
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sparda
@Wisppeons said:
" @Sparda said:
" @Wisppeons said:
" @Sparda said:
Ah, they're all pretty close anyways.  That being said, I don't really have problems with sequels having similarities with their predecessors. I mean, hell, nearly every Castlevania that's come after Symphony has been ridiculously similar but I still love em. "
yea is there going to be a new Castlevania anytime soon? "
They're making one for 360/PS3 that looks a lot like God Of War, gameplay wise.

They also have Castlevania: Rebirth coming out for WiiWare, which is going to play a like the classic 2D Castlevania games.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MKF30

Not for nothing, just my 2 cents here honestly  I guess I can see some people thinking they're all similar but that really can be said about almost any game just about. You play Sonics, they're all similar, Marios, Halos, fighting games, sports games all aren't that different from the former game...know what I mean guys? Granted, there might be some newer modes, additions etc but the core gameplay will be the same more or less.

Unless say a 2D game is going/making the transition to 3D...then different story, there will be some newer elements to it. Personally, call me oldschool but I MUCH rather prefer the 2D Marios vs. 3D...I respect the 3D ones but just love the Marios, I was so happy to hear they were making another 2D mario again for a console and hope the next one offers online, how sick would that be? :)

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sparda

At it's base, every game can be written off as just another ______ game, I agree.

Although I'll say that I like the 3D Mario games more than the 2D ones, personally. The online play missing from NSMBW is strange and suspicious :l

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MKF30

Exactly ^, I don't think I've ever played any game that was "dramatically" different from the previous one in terms of the core gameplay is concerned with the exception of a 2D going to 3D transition and now you see vice versa happening all over again with various games and franchises that made them gems to begin with :) 

From Mario to fighting games and adventure games alike. I definitely agree about the online missing, IMO that's the only con to the New Super Mario bros, I think next time they'll fix that ;)