Antifa, BLM, Alt Right, SJW, PETA. Do you support any of these groups?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Simple question. All of them are violent or law breaking, and support violence in some way. Do you personally believe otherwise or think they are healthy for America? I would assume no, but everyday it seems people fall into one of these growing groups past few years. So I am genuinely curious.

Which of these you condemn and which do you think have a place?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

No. I don't support extremists on either side of the political spectrum.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I really dislike SJWs because they seem to be "The Ruiners of Fun"

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them Never a reason to support a group of violent lunatics who only ever destroy the property of local businesses and beat up random people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do not even know what antifa is.

I am just not a person who believes strongly in anything.

I find it wierd when anyone feels so strongly about something that they get so worked up it starts fights.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Relevant

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nah.

Skrskr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, stupid mob mentality

Pick any few out of all of these crowds and most will know little to nothing about what the facts are.

(Of course there are exceptions though)

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: how do you define the alt right?

However anyone associates Alt Right and act in their name. Same for BLM really. Who have "respected members" and then have Members who killed cops or torture retarded man children. :/

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@sirfizzwhizz: ah I see. There are definitions that are completely different with each other being thrown around by people.

Yours is quite accurate.

Blaredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support Peta in sardonic spirit, while I consume the flesh of various animals. If that counts.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I support Peta in sardonic spirit, while I consume the flesh of various animals. If that counts.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are Social Justice Warriors a group?

Alt-Right and Antifa are worst than the rest, but i'd say Alt-Right easily takes the cake since it's members are more often than not tied to white nationalism/supremacy and plain nazism.

PETA is run by a bunch of hypocrites

BLM is OK. They're not even half as rowdy as the Alt-Right/Antifa crowds.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rahiem9123
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

@rahiem9123 said:

@buttersdaman000: Quick question do you support black lives matter?

As a group? No. What they stand for? Yes.

I don't support them as a group because they don't do shit but protest. And usually in the dumbest ways (shutting down streets). It's been years, but I can't remember any actual attempts to regulate police force, or push for new legislation on their part.

But what would it matter it I did?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By dernman
@buttersdaman000 said:

I wouldn't say that because they have far less people willing to openly disagree whether it's their extremism or more reasonable sides when they become a crowds.

People know the hell that would come from doing that.

Imagine dude going to a BLM event to counter protest them over their image given from their more extreme members. He'd be lucky to make it out alive or not in the hospital.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: honestly no it was just question. I believe their intentions are good, but however the movement lacks any kind of clear direction. It's basically a black version of Occupy Wall Street. A movement without any leadership or defined goals, and just like OWS it won't accomplish any meaningful change and will eventually burn out. Some of the ways they've protested have been incredibly counterproductive and honestly pretty embarrassing.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

I wouldn't say that because they have far less people willing to openly disagree whether it's their extremism or more reasonable sides when they become a crowds.

Imagine dude going to a BLM event to counter protest them over their image given from their more extreme members. He'd be lucky to make it out alive or not in the hospital.

I don't think that's true. Yeah, the BLM crowds do get violent at times but not nearly as much as the alt-right/antifa crowds. NObody has even been killed at a BLM rally, and the only deaths even associated with them as far as I know, are wrongfully placed. That Dallas shooter had no affiliation and was more closely linked with black nationalist groups.

I don't get what you mean by your first statement though.

@buttersdaman000: honestly no it was just question. I believe their intentions are good, but however the movement lacks any kind of clear direction. It's basically a black version of Occupy Wall Street. A movement without any leadership or defined goals, and just like OWS it won't accomplish any meaningful change and will eventually burn out. Some of the ways they've protested have been incredibly counterproductive and honestly pretty embarrassing.

Agreed. These dumbasses made me late for class with one of their street blockades lol

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Most of the violence that happens with these groups happen because people confront them at rallies.

You don't really get that with BLM at least on the same level as with the others mentioned.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Most of the violence that happens with these groups happen because people confront them at rallies.

You don't really get that with BLM at least on the same level as with the others mentioned.

So are you saying BLM instigate the confrontations more often than not? If so, I don't agree.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SJW are okay, I guess. I find the anti-SJW crowd more annoying.

Not an American, so I don't have the right context for BLM and the Alt Right.

Don't know much about PETA.

The only experience I have with the Antifa group is a couple of tumblr posts that seemed to romantize guerrilla fighting. Having lived my whole life in the aftermath of guerrilla war, there is absolutely nothing romantic about it.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

So are you saying BLM instigate the confrontations more often than not? If so, I don't agree.

sigh No I didn't say that though I could make a case against you on that but that's besides the point I was making.

I honestly don't know how you got that from what I said. I'm not sure how to be more clearer.

My point is that most violence happens in groups because counter people openly confronting them. THings get heated and shit happens.

BLM doesn't have that counter to openly confront and appose them when they assemble to heat things up at least on the same level as those groups.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

sigh No I didn't say that though I could make a case against you on that but that's besides the point I was making.

I honestly don't know how you got that from what I said. I'm not sure how to be more clearer.

My point is that most violence happens in groups because counter people openly confronting them. THings get heated and shit happens.

BLM doesn't have that counter to openly confront and appose them when they assemble to heat things up at least on the same level as those groups.

So....are you basically agreeing with me then? I really don't get your point. From what I can tell, you're saying they have less people to confront them, so things never get as heated as they do with the other groups? That's what I originally said.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

No.

Do people identify with Nazi, white supremacist, KKK? Hopefully not.

Also to be fair SJW is not really a group last I check. Plus the word get so missued that bringing up racism or issues in general means being a SJW.

BLM wanting to fight discrimination, good. Their action, not so much.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By dernman

@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

So....are you basically agreeing with me then? I really don't get your point. From what I can tell, you're saying they have less people to confront them, so things never get as heated as they do with the other groups? That's what I originally said.

What I'm saying is you shouldn't give them too much credit and others too little because if we were honest they'd be in the same situation as the other groups if they had the people willing to face them like the other groups do.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dernman

@jgames said:

Also to be fair SJW is not really a group last I check. Plus the word get so missued that bringing up racism or issues in general means being a SJW.

SJW is a blanket statement for varied groups ideas and certain tactics they use.

The left have many of their own words that get misused to label anyone they disagree with. Doesn't mean there are not many cases it's the truth.

1. Hate Group
  2. Nazi
  3. White Supremacist
  4. any kind of -ist
  5. any kind of -phobic
  6. Alt-Right

It's hardly unique to misuse words.

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only experience I have with the Antifa group is a couple of tumblr posts that seemed to romantize guerrilla fighting. Having lived my whole life in the aftermath of guerrilla war, there is absolutely nothing romantic about it.

Which Country you live in?

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

Wouldn't support or give any money to those hack organizations BLM is just as stupid as the KKK both pointless

Extremist organizations don't serve any place in America

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@dernman: True. Granted SJW is more annoying just because I have seen it thrown around more.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

What I'm saying is you shouldn't give them too much credit and others too little because if we were honest they'd be in the same situation as the other groups if they had the people willing to face them like the other groups do.

You literally can't know that. You're just assuming things.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

You literally can't know that. You're just assuming things.

and you can't say it's not either.

It's called a opinion based on reasoning from what I know about them and human nature.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SJW is just a stupid buzzword that makes geek fandom forth at the mouth

Alt-Right are literal Nazis. I don't like Nazis.

BLM need their concerns addressed but they haven't got strong enough leadership.

PETA are funny

Don't know much about Antifa

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aimless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Aimless

I condemn the group which preaches nonsense such as killing people based on their race etc.I support the group that fights such groups,it's that simple.I support violence against a group that commits violence itself.

The alt-right are literal Nazi fascists,they aren't human beings anymore if they practice their agenda in any way whatsoever.So yeah,I support Antifa attacking Nazi scums,it's what every decent human being would instead of crying "iTz fReDOoM aUf sPEEchZ".To my knowledge,only one group attacks people based on their race.I guess we should be okay with holding rallies for ISIS supporters too right?

And BLM and SJWs aren't even inherently violent groups.Sure there are violent racists in BLM,some of them even senior members,but they have never had a history associated with slaughtering non blacks like the KKK,nor is it their core belief.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39 SC  Moderator

I belong to an even worse group, the acronym of this group is CV. These group has some of the naivest, sheltered, sensitive, petty, hypocritical people… individuals who have threatened to rape, murder, rape then murder, generally harass, just because people don't agree with them… creating tons of alts to try and troll others… even just constantly resorting to personal insults and raging against people because they think that dumb character I hate beats this cool character I love in a fight… and since reality is super simple, and as people we must always conform to Us vs Them tribalistic behavior, its not like I can even distinguish the ideal and unideal behavior that exists, using some sort of scale determined by context and understanding, to determine some sort of merit to a group, in a more complicated manner, then addressing them or aspects of them in that way… because its not like reciprocity is a thing and that humans have ever made progress from it… nah, better to vilify others and massage my own ego, obviously.

Side note, do any of you wear clothes? We all know and agree that people that wear clothes, kick baby puppies most of the time, I would assume most of you are nudist, but you never know these days, so why aren't any of you on my level?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Man, must be tough to have to deal with all that everytime you log in.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Comicvine is some of the nicest people I have ever met. Sure we disagree but I have yet to have anyone death threat me or vice versa. Where is my cookie?

I guess as a mod you get a more consistent view of the darker side of the site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only belong to the Church of Chew.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By just_sayin

@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@dernman said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

Anyone who advocates violence or hate against another should be repudiated - regardless of being right, left, center, etc.

While not all advocate violence, Black Lives Matter protesters have chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon." at rallies. Black Lives Matter protester, Micah Johnson, shot five police officers in Dallas and said “ [I] wanted to kill white people, especially police officers.” BLM leaders offered tepid denouncements of the shootings of those 5 police officers. Johnetta Elzie, a founder of the BLM movement, claimed it was a conspiracy to undercut the movement. Let that sink in. She believes that white people put a gun in a BLM protester's hand and had him kill 5 police officers.

In Castile’s St. Paul, Minn., more than 100 protesters were arrested when protesters used an overpass over Interstate 94 to throw rocks and rebarb at police, injuring 21 officers, including one who suffered broken vertebrae when a concrete block was dropped on him from above. When one officer was injured, protesters cheered: “One piggly-wiggly down!”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437694/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence

The murder at the White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville was an inexcusable crime. Killing five Dallas police officers is an inexcusable crime. And Dropping a cinder block from a bridge on a police officer is also an inexcusable crime.

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#46 SC  Moderator

@sc: Comicvine is some of the nicest people I have ever met. Sure we disagree but I have yet to have anyone death threat me or vice versa. Where is my cookie?

I guess as a mod you get a more consistent view of the darker side of the site.

Not even just the nicest, Comicvine has some of the best people I have ever met. Creative, intelligent, witty, friendly, I met by best friend at CV, it has amazing and incredible people. Thats the point, CV is a website filled with different individuals, some of us have similarities, some of us diverge on different matters. Some of us are friendly towards different atheists, Christians, agnostics, Muslims users, Deists (I know a great user for each category at least) some of 'us' categorize users by what characters they like and assign negative or positive ratings on them just for that. Death threats are actually simple and idiotic trolling.

The term "Social Justice Warrior" has to be one of the silliest terms around. I hear it justified because the "alt left" accuse people who use the term of being racist and sexist, and yeah, that sucks, if you like say original 616 Nick Fury over Ultimates Nick Fury and someone accuses you of being racist. Its better to just point out they are being unfair, or presumptuous, accusatory. All sorts of straight to the point counterclaims. Except some people aren't satisfied because they feel insulted and need to "win" back or throw out a new popular insult. Like more than half the time someone in Battles tells someone else to calm down, its usually the person saying that that needs to calm down. People who legitimately are calm and trying to relax the environment, are a bit friendlier and patient, empathetic. When all people do is throw around accusations, many never seem to realize that it tends to betray their own sensitivity. Imagine a website where 100 percent of the people constantly threw accusations at everyone else, and then at the end of the day each thought they won and everyone else was triggered.

Us vs Them mindsets don't work well in the real world (well there are some situations it can work well) or in situations where you actually need to work productively. Mind you its not just a website thing, its a general life issues.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone who advocates violence or hate against another should be repudiated - regardless of being right, left, center, etc.

While not all advocate violence, Black Lives Matter protesters have chanted "pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon." at rallies. Black Lives Matter protester, Micah Johnson, shot five police officers in Dallas and said “ [I] wanted to kill white people, especially police officers.” BLM leaders offered tepid denouncements of the shootings of those 5 police officers. Johnetta Elzie, a founder of the BLM movement, claimed it was a conspiracy to undercut the movement. Let that sink in. She believes that white people put a gun in a BLM protester's hand and had him kill 5 police officers.

In Castile’s St. Paul, Minn., more than 100 protesters were arrested when protesters used an overpass over Interstate 94 to throw rocks and rebarb at police, injuring 21 officers, including one who suffered broken vertebrae when a concrete block was dropped on him from above. When one officer was injured, protesters cheered: “One piggly-wiggly down!”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/437694/black-lives-matter-hypocrisy-cheering-violence

The murder at the White Supremacist rally in Charlottesville was an inexcusable crime. Killing five Dallas police officers is an inexcusable crime. And Dropping a cinder block from a bridge on a police officer is also an inexcusable crime.

Micah Johnson had no affiliation with BLM. He was just a crazy guy who was angered by policed brutality against black people so of course he was automatically associated with the most prominent, easily recognizable group.

Elzie isn't a founding member of BLM. She's just a twitter protester who got famous for always showing up at rallys.

Here's what one of the actual founders of BLM had to say about Dallas

@dernman said:

It's called a opinion based on reasoning from what I know about them and human nature.

I can literally just say the contrary though and be just as right.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HellionVulcan

None as they're all hypocrites.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cable_Extreme

@sc:

"Us vs Them mindsets don't work well in the real world (well there are some situations it can work well) or in situations where you actually need to work productively. Mind you its not just a website thing, its a general life issues."

I see that "us vs them" mindset a lot on comicvine. An example is the people constantly debating on potlitics threads, comic debate forums (like Kara vs Hulk), climate change etc... each side isn't really interested in dialogue, they just want to get a "win" as you say. I am guilty of this at times as we probably all are and I definitely see that here. There are other times when I get really good input by people who aren't accusatory but generally wanting dialogue, it is those times I learn things and make friends.

It is one of those things that people generally do not think about, generally everyone has an ego (big or small) and accusatory debating styles aren't going to get them to question thier position nor will it get me (or the other person) to question mine/theirs. It is when both sides acknowledge good points, bringing up good subjects and information for a dialogue not a debate. A debate people come at each other with the purpose of beating thier opponent, not for a quest for the truth. A dialogue on the other spawns a discussion dedicated on educating, or solving a problem.

The social justice warrior thing can sometimes provide a meaningful problem for someone to look into. Like catcalling, I never thought it would have been disrespectful but now (even though a lot of SJWs overdo it) I tend to refrain from it. Some of these extreme ideas can often be spawned by real problems, so if we can find the originating issue, it can often help us. Same goes with other parties like BLM etc...

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By just_sayin

@buttersdaman000 said:
@just_sayin said:

Micah Johnson had no affiliation with BLM. He was just a crazy guy who was angered by policed brutality against black people so of course he was automatically associated with the most prominent, easily recognizable group.

Elzie isn't a founding member of BLM. She's just a twitter protester who got famous for always showing up at rallys.

Here's what one of the actual founders of BLM had to say about Dallas

@dernman said:

I can literally just say the contrary though and be just as right.

The LA Times identifies Jonetta Elizie as the prominent voice for the Ferguson protests in its article: The new civil rights leaders: Emerging voices in the 21st century. They claim she is one of the leaders of the current civil rights movement. And YES SHE DID INDEED SAY THE SHOOTING OF DALLAS POLICE OFFICERS WAS A CONSPIRACY!

The New York Times claims that Micah Johnson was a protester at the Black Lives Matter event. While he didn't have an executive key to the Black Lives Matter bathroom or wasn't a board member, The police cite his affinity for BLM as the motivating reason for his actions:

No Caption Provided

I know you think it is unjust to say that the actions of a member of a mob of BLMs, reflect the values of the whole BLM mob. But the actions of a few often tarnish everyone in the mob. Imagine how conservatives and libertarians feel when CNN claims anyone who supported Trump is a KKK or white Nationalist.