Anime vs. Cartoons: What is better?

zeezee123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll Anime vs. Cartoons: What is better? (406 votes)

Cartoons 33%
Anime 33%
Both! 34%

Which is better, anime or cartoons?

• 
Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, there's the fact that it has a very shallow and formulaic plot. It was an awesome show up until after the Cell Saga. It kinda got stale after that, and I found myself skipping over episodes. The martial arts element of it was beginning to diminish, also.

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this cartoon all the day.

Transformers prime take any of this anime

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I don't think there was any martial arts in the series since the end of the original Dragon Ball series.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: I don't think there was any martial arts in the series since the end of the original Dragon Ball series.

There was always martial arts in the series. There was a lot more emphasis on it in Dragon Ball, and less of it in Dragon Ball Z.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#306  Edited By Iju

@static_shock: again i got no notification from you. i really don't know what the problem is. once again i will reply when i have the time.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iju said:

@static_shock: again i got no notification from you. i really don't know what the problem is. once again i will reply when i have the time.

Take your time. No rush.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only anime I like is Dragon Ball because it's a fun kids show that doesn't take itself too seriously. I tried all different anime and I hated it. Every anime that I saw is just full of melodrama and lame humor. I hate the big head, constant shouting, self-indulgent hnor speeches, bloody nose, booger nose, etc. humor of anime. It's a weird juxtaposition when they have heavy topics, but then have humor aimed at 2 year olds. I also don't like how the men looks like anorexic pretty boys. I love Dragon Ball, but I just can't stand anything else. And yes, I've tried serious ones, and I still think they're a joke. They can add as much "adult" content as they want, but the writing seems like it's aimed at little kids. I love kids shows, but not when shows pretend that there's something other than that.

With cartoons, I like The Simpsons, Futurama, Home Movies, Rick and Morty, Over the Garden Wall, Avatar the Last Airbender, South Park, The Critic, Dilbert, Archer, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-man, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Spawn, Looney Tunes, Powerpuff Girls, and I'm sure there's other's I'm not thinking of.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Both man. Anime and Cartoons have inspired me.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to prefer the Western animated cartoons (even thous the anime kind tend to look better). To include the newer style CGI animation (except those ridiculous nonsensical shows they have for kids on Nickelodean and Cartoon Network these days. Mainly because the directors of a WHOLE lot of anime seem to think the plot of their work is none of our business.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: You making that guy upset lol.

He's not upset at me. He's not getting notifications when people respond to him. He could frustrated with the website, if anything.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up said:

@static_shock: You making that guy upset lol.

He's not upset at me. He's not getting notifications when people respond to him. He could frustrated with the website, if anything.

Lol okay

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock: There are some that aren't entirely superhero-related. G.I. Joe: Resolute is one, and it pretty much merges concepts from both the 80's cartoon and the long-running comic book series. It was animated by Titmouse and scripted by Warren Ellis, a fairly popular comic book writer. The series was more mature and serious (blood, deaths are off- and on-screen, implied love triangle between Snake-Eyes, Duke, and Scarlett, etc) than all other G.I. Joe animated shows. The fight between Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow is the highlight of the series. Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

yeah i can believe what you're talking about, since that clip was pretty good, i must say. and i really liked how the guy in dark didn't even whisper once. cool character. the second fight was better than the first, since the sword of the stranger does it better.

that show looks like an anime, kinda tho ._.

Cybersix is another. This is probably my favorite episode. Originally a mature comic book series from Argentina, it was adapted into an animated series,

you really don't need to say anymore. if it's not US material it's no wonder it's amazing.

The animated series, however, was pretty dark and serious in comparison to a lot of other shows at the time. But, it was made for Fox Kids back in the 90's. So, the mature side of the story was left out. It was animated by TMS Entertainment.

yeah, it did look a bit more serious toned than kids cartoons, but that's the problem. what stopped them from adding all of what the comic had to offer? the children. this is just what i mean when i say the writers want to give more but they can't. i think i'll have to check out the book, though. seems interesting enough.

We can't forget about Gargoyles. That show was hit in the 90's, and I'm sure you're familiar with it. So, I won't go into detail with that. Probably one of the darkest cartoon shows ever. Bruce Timm used to throw shade at this show, however. Something about it being "namby-pamby, with all of that Celtic fantasy crap" or whatnot. Methinks he was hating a little bit, maybe because it was competing with Batman at the time it was hot and it was an original concept, too. Who knows... One thing I will admit about Gargoyles is that there were a number of episodes that weren't animated well. The majority of them were animated beautifully, though.

to be honest, when i saw the first episode it was shocked about how closely it was to anime. and at least you can say that a big amount of episodes were for shame, though, which was something i was already going to propose. it was ok the first season but the second season was showing and the third was bad for the eyes (as well as the cop-out writing). while i do have the entire series, you're going to have to explain that serious tone part. the one that remains in my head today is the one when they were in a tournament with those OP magicians - that was cool. but i don't really remember and serious let alone dark ones.

lol, i won't hate against bruce, but it does seem maybe he was picking at bit at gargoyles' and batman's rivalry at the time.

Also, there's the Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. You're probably familiar with this, too.

no, as a matter of fact. i only have small fractures of memories about this show.

Hanna-Barbera's second and most successful attempt an animated Jonny Quest show without limited animation techniques (though the show was eventually cancelled due to issues with production and failure to gain high ratings and stuff). Production utilized traditional animation along with digital post-production techniques as well. It was to make the show feel more cinematic, in a sense. I'd go into detail on the show's attempt at using CGI animation for its QuestWorld sequences, but isn't worth mentioning since that kind of animation was kind of subpar on television at the time. The second season of the show was animated a little better than the first, but overall, I thought the show's animation quality was above average for television. As for the tone of the series, it was reminiscent to the science-fiction, paranormal, exploration stuff of the original series back in the 1960s. But, the first season was written to be more realistic than the second and still slightly more serious (off-screen deaths and stuff) than most other cartoons at the time.

I'm sure there are more, but this is all that I have.

that seems interesting and sad at the same time :/ but the only one geared towards an adult audience seems to be the joe one. i noticed that the designs were better and the animation was much better than the average DC show (and, to be honest, they really aren't known for their animations). the rest are, again, watered down for the sake of the children, unfortunately. ah, now it's come to me (just now, i'm not kidding). the only one besides avatar that is good for all audiences and isn't watered down is (and you'll be kicking yourself in the head about this one, i'm sure) the clone wars. that is actually one of the very few cartoons i am proud to have inside my house. i have the whole box set of all the seasons (besides the one released on netflix) and i still haven't seen them all because i want to see new episodes. if there is anything cartoon-wise i will praise, it's clone wars. i would do the same to avatar, but i haven't seen a lot of it but from what i've seen it was pretty good. but i would say even if i watched all of avatar i still would find clone wars the winner. there are so many episodes that proved that the writers weren't afraid of having some much needed guts.

proof that it was an actual, tastefully done edgy show was that disney cancelled it. it wasn't fake enough for them. so they rewrote everything and got rid of such a masterpiece of a show. poor dave filioni, he was so happy working for clone wars. i can't imagine him having as much fun on rebels than on clone wars.

his crossover picture is just so awesome as well.
his crossover picture is just so awesome as well.

(fun fact, he was born on my birthday, june 7th. we are together in spirit, i just know it.)

So, when you say serious tones, are you talking issues or situations that could be deemed realistic or real-world? Problem-solving stuff? Nothing too silly?

i think so. as i said i don't have my full thoughts on the table just yet.

as for the simpsons video, i've always hated the current animation. it moves just like family guy, cardboard. the characters are literally flat (they have no hope of any substance) the the movements are short and quick so the animation is as cheap as possible (my guess). it's clear that more work went into the previous one than the current, which is stupidly ironic considering they have much more technology to be better than before. i'm not sure if i've said it here, but i apologize for the repeat if that's so.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Iju

@infantfinite128 said:

The only anime I like is Dragon Ball because it's a fun kids show that doesn't take itself too seriously. I tried all different anime and I hated it. Every anime that I saw is just full of melodrama and lame humor. I hate the big head, constant shouting, self-indulgent hnor speeches, bloody nose, booger nose, etc. humor of anime. It's a weird juxtaposition when they have heavy topics, but then have humor aimed at 2 year olds. I also don't like how the men looks like anorexic pretty boys. I love Dragon Ball, but I just can't stand anything else. And yes, I've tried serious ones, and I still think they're a joke. They can add as much "adult" content as they want, but the writing seems like it's aimed at little kids. I love kids shows, but not when shows pretend that there's something other than that.

With cartoons, I like The Simpsons, Futurama, Home Movies, Rick and Morty, Over the Garden Wall, Avatar the Last Airbender, South Park, The Critic, Dilbert, Archer, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Young Justice, Spectacular Spider-man, Justice League Unlimited, Batman Beyond, Spawn, Looney Tunes, Powerpuff Girls, and I'm sure there's other's I'm not thinking of.

that's pretty much how my mother views anime (but she has had a few stereotypes she has set that have been burned) and i can 100% understand that.

my theory is that she has been taught from childhood that cartoons is just for kids, is supposed to be a huge amount of comedy and a mixture of corn, and if it has serious tones it's not taking up a lot of the show and its not that serious. each episode is supposed to have a subject that is neatly wrapped up in an episode or a number parter (the highest i have ever seen was 6, and it was from gargoyles), the hero(es) is always supposed to win at the end. and everything is good.

when she tries to apply this to anime (and of course it so doesn't work), she gets frustrated, exhausted, and exasperated. she can't get rid of that part of her that believes that cartoons are for kids. all the time, i hear "But it's a cartoon! It's a cartoon!". she can't understand. she gets those moments that anime has (serious tones, speeches, etc) from books and live action shows/movies. she connects with them well and rather easily, and doesn't expect (or necessarily desire) this from animation.

that doesn't go to say that she doesn't like anime. she has her shows she likes. she likes speed racer and battle of the planets. and just a few months ago she finished HXH with my bros and she became rather sad for a couple of days that it ended. but definitely if she had to choose she'd go with cartoons. which is perfectly logical. she just didn't watch them as a kid, she grew up with them. she has some of the best memories looking at the flintstones, and laughing her head off at loony tunes with her best friend.

and about that hit about men that look "like anorexic pretty boys", she'd talk to you all day long with you on that alone.

that doesn't go to say that i am pushing my theory on you, but it was just a theory that my mother fits right into.

@static_shock said:

Well, there's the fact that it has a very shallow and formulaic plot. It was an awesome show up until after the Cell Saga. It kinda got stale after that, and I found myself skipping over episodes. The martial arts element of it was beginning to diminish, also.

the best arc akira has written would have to be the frieza arc. i will always love that arc and it's villain. i liked the androids but that cell arc nearly made me quit the show. man i hated that arc, as well as him. but i still like this song.

Loading Video...

better than his other one.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Stormdriven

Outside of Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, and Pokemon, anime is shit. So cartoons.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Outside of Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, and Pokemon, anime is shit. So cartoons.

No Caption Provided

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Frieza saga was the highest point of the series. Frieza in probably the greatest DBZ villain of all time, too.

@iju said:

yeah i can believe what you're talking about, since that clip was pretty good, i must say. and i really liked how the guy in dark didn't even whisper once. cool character. the second fight was better than the first, since the sword of the stranger does it better.

that show looks like an anime, kinda tho ._.

The character designs were drawn by animation director Joaquim Dos Santos, who also did character designs for the Legend of Korra (I think he's an executive producer for that show). There's a little anime influence in there somewhere.

@iju said:

while i do have the entire series, you're going to have to explain that serious tone part.

The show was influenced by medieval Scottish history and fantasy, as well as Shakespearean themes and stories that were used in storylines for the show. Macbeth comes to mind, and there was a character in the show loosely based on the title character of the that story. There were also romantic subplots in the show, too, specifically Goliath and Eliza's relationship. There was even an episode in which Goliath was a human being and married to Eliza also. Might have been a dream or something, but either way, it shed some light on the connection that the both of them had. I wish I could go into more detail, but I haven't seen the episode in years. There's also that animosity between Demona and Eliza over Goliath, too. The show also lightly touched on Eliza's race and culture. She's a mix of Native American and Nigerian, with her mother specializing in African culture and anthropology. Also, Eliza's character was made to bridge the gap between Gargoyles and human beings, since there's an implied human intolerance for the Gargoyles in the show. Originally, the series was intended to be a comedy, but it was written to be darker and more serious, according to the writers. This article probably explains it better than I do.

The anime influence could be due to the fact that it was animated in Japan by one of Disney's animation studios out there. One thing I will say is that Japanese animators are well aware of the 12 animation principles, but it seems as if they only use them all if the production is done for an American cartoon show. Gargoyles should be a perfect example.

@iju said:

that seems interesting and sad at the same time :/ but the only one geared towards an adult audience seems to be the joe one. i noticed that the designs were better and the animation was much better than the average DC show (and, to be honest, they really aren't known for their animations). the rest are, again, watered down for the sake of the children, unfortunately. ah, now it's come to me (just now, i'm not kidding). the only one besides avatar that is good for all audiences and isn't watered down is (and you'll be kicking yourself in the head about this one, i'm sure) the clone wars. that is actually one of the very few cartoons i am proud to have inside my house. i have the whole box set of all the seasons (besides the one released on netflix) and i still haven't seen them all because i want to see new episodes. if there is anything cartoon-wise i will praise, it's clone wars. i would do the same to avatar, but i haven't seen a lot of it but from what i've seen it was pretty good. but i would say even if i watched all of avatar i still would find clone wars the winner. there are so many episodes that proved that the writers weren't afraid of having some much needed guts.

Sadly, I've never watched Clone Wars or Avatar. Both are on my bucket list, though.

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is something that I would consider for all audiences, and it was reported that it did attract adult audiences. This was especially so in the 60's with the original series, and Real Adventures retain a lot of the themes and tones that attracted adults to the franchise (mainly the violence and deaths, with some of them being off-screen). Additionally, the 1960's version was targeted by Action for Children's Television because of it's violence, depiction of deaths, use of guns, etc. The 1986 series was the only version of Jonny Quest (not counting the TV movies) that was considered kid-friendly.

@iju said:

as for the simpsons video, i've always hated the current animation. it moves just like family guy, cardboard. the characters are literally flat (they have no hope of any substance) the the movements are short and quick so the animation is as cheap as possible (my guess). it's clear that more work went into the previous one than the current, which is stupidly ironic considering they have much more technology to be better than before. i'm not sure if i've said it here, but i apologize for the repeat if that's so.

You'd think that with the advancement of technology, traditional animation for the show would be equivalent to what it was back in the 90's. But, in the case of both Simpsons and Family Guy, better technology has made the process easier, thus, perpetuating less effort during production.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tend to prefer the Western animated cartoons (even thous the anime kind tend to look better). To include the newer style CGI animation (except those ridiculous nonsensical shows they have for kids on Nickelodean and Cartoon Network these days. Mainly because the directors of a WHOLE lot of anime seem to think the plot of their work is none of our business.

What does that even mean?

Nerise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is Hentai included in Anime?

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By infantfinite128

@iju: No, I don't think you're pushing anything on me at all. I think it's a fair assessment!

When I saw the large post, I thought, "Oh, boy. I'm going to be cussed out." I appreciate that was not the case! I've tried so many times to like anime, but it's like you said, I just don't understand it. Heck, even when it comes to superheroes, I'm very self-deprecating and think of them as childish because of what you described. I think the only reason why I like them is because I was exposed to them as a child. This part articulated my perspective perfectly:

when she tries to apply this to anime (and of course it so doesn't work), she gets frustrated, exhausted, and exasperated. she can't get rid of that part of her that believes that cartoons are for kids. all the time, i hear "But it's a cartoon! It's a cartoon!". she can't understand. she gets those moments that anime has (serious tones, speeches, etc) from books and live action shows/movies. she connects with them well and rather easily, and doesn't expect (or necessarily desire) this from animation.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@static_shock:

The Frieza saga was the highest point of the series. Frieza in probably the greatest DBZ villain of all time, too.

not arguing on that.

The character designs were drawn by animation director Joaquim Dos Santos, who also did character designs for the Legend of Korra (I think he's an executive producer for that show). There's a little anime influence in there somewhere.

wat wat wat wat he has a DA acc? too awesome.

The show was influenced by medieval Scottish history and fantasy, as well as Shakespearean themes and stories that were used in storylines for the show. Macbeth comes to mind, and there was a character in the show loosely based on the title character of the that story. There were also romantic subplots in the show, too, specifically Goliath and Eliza's relationship. There was even an episode in which Goliath was a human being and married to Eliza also. Might have been a dream or something, but either way, it shed some light on the connection that the both of them had. I wish I could go into more detail, but I haven't seen the episode in years. There's also that animosity between Demona and Eliza over Goliath, too. The show also lightly touched on Eliza's race and culture. She's a mix of Native American and Nigerian, with her mother specializing in African culture and anthropology. Also, Eliza's character was made to bridge the gap between Gargoyles and human beings, since there's an implied human intolerance for the Gargoyles in the show. Originally, the series was intended to be a comedy, but it was written to be darker and more serious, according to the writers. This article probably explains it better than I do.

oh yeah, i forgot about that time when she went to africa lol. and tbh i found goliathxeliza...well...disgusting, really. not gonna touch on that though.

i guess once i think back on what examples you made, yea it was pretty serious from all the others at the time. i still laugh now and then once i think about that batman quote low-key roasting it though.

speaking of, i don't particularly think that it's that much of a serious show, but in cartoon levels, it's pretty dark. the one episode that has stuck with me to this day is the one with the man having imaginings of the time when he was a kid. he and his friend were playing inside of a dead traintrack but suddenly one appeared. his friend tried to move out the way but his shoe was stuck, and it haunted him for a long time. i'm not sure that the boy was actually ran over - it was a while since i have seen it - but it still stayed with me.

lol, and you said that the creator's name is bruce. i'm sure he couldn't get out the the joke in the production studio lol.

The anime influence could be due to the fact that it was animated in Japan by one of Disney's animation studios out there. One thing I will say is that Japanese animators are well aware of the 12 animation principles, but it seems as if they only use them all if the production is done for an American cartoon show. Gargoyles should be a perfect example.

as i said before, i'm sure they do know about it, but they just don't apply all of them when it comes to anime (that is, in un-sakuga anime). nice for pointing out that they did apply it all for the cartoon though.

Sadly, I've never watched Clone Wars or Avatar. Both are on my bucket list, though.

dude! totally watch it!! actual important morals are in the show. and as every cartoons has it has that 1-adventure-per-episode way, but even for that i can totally ignore that and still enjoy it, and that's saying a lot since i hate that type of writing. and even when it's continuous parts (the highest was like 4 i think), it doesn't feel rushed. it feels full of passion and care. i would even say that the violence level isn't anything shy, either. there's even been actual beheadings.

ah, but i can go on about clone wars.

You'd think that with the advancement of technology, traditional animation for the show would be equivalent to what it was back in the 90's. But, in the case of both Simpsons and Family Guy, better technology has made the process easier, thus, perpetuating less effort during production.

and that's one of the many reasons why modern shows bore, disgust and infuriate me all at the same time.

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iju: No, I don't think you're pushing anything on me at all. I think it's a fair assessment!

When I saw the large post, I thought, "Oh, boy. I'm going to be cussed out." I appreciate that was not the case! I've tried so many times to like anime, but it's like you said, I just don't understand it. Heck, even when it comes to superheroes, I'm very self-deprecating and think of them as childish because of what you described. I think the only reason why I like them is because I was exposed to them as a child.

haha no you won't see any "cussing" from me about something so small as someone thinking anime isn't their cup of tea. some people don't like anime. nothing wrong with that.

This part articulated my perspective perfectly:

haha, thought so. yea, so you're just within my mother's line of thinking. i just wanted to explain that part about what i thought. you're not alone bro! hope you now realize that :P

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By Taquie

Cartoons stoooomps

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By infantfinite128

@iju: Wow! Thank you for being so kind! On other sites, you can be treated like Hitler for just saying anime isn't your cup of tea. haha

Iju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Iju

@infantfinite128: yeah don't pay attention to those filthy weebs. they barely matter in life so they get even angrier if someone says that the little they have in life they don't like.

the1snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta go with Anime because it just strikes me. man Hunter x Hunter is one my favourite since it's based around a kid with peak human capability. basically u have to be peak human to survive Hunter x Hunter. Food Wars was also one of the ones I loved not because of the fan service but mostly because of the amazing cooking making me hungry. but most of all the one that really hit me was Boku Dake ga Inai Machi aka ERASED, it had a good storyline and nice characters and nice plot, It was amazing.

But I'm perfectly fine with people liking cartoons, it's their opinion and their right to make their own choices. I just don't want people to insult Anime very badly.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

CARTONS ALL DAY!

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime!!!

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cartoons.

erikarlsson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime is for weeaboos.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notatreeabush: HA NO. The best cartoons like atla, btas, stas, and the clone wars have much better stories. While anime needs to be disturbing through pedophilia, incest, beasteality, cross genders, young child muderous cycopaths, and insanely stupid hair styles to grab attention, the best cartoons grab attention through being fun, having good stories, and good acting. Yea cartoons have gotten worse, but they still easily outclass the vast majority of anime that are made by writers who seem to think dark and disturbing means good, and fun and uplifting means bad. If we expand this to movies, than cartoons rofl stomp. Nothing from japan can even hope to compare to tarzan or lion king. Also anime music tends to be insanely stupid.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and even then it still suffers from the problems that make other anime horrible(just to a lesser extent) having a kid who could be 5 slapping a girls undies numerous times, and featuring numerous perverts. WTF WERE THEY THINKING?

infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: I don't know, but it makes me glad that I'm not a mind reader. I've never understood why people think sexual perversion is entertaining. Fortunately there's a fast forward button.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both have there strengths and weaknesses.

It isn't something that should be compared.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One has Kim Possible... the other... does not.. so..... Yeah.

Also I don't watch anime anymore, I read manga, so... I could live without Anime just fine. I love my cartoons though.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime!!!

You ready to get force choked?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut said:

One has Kim Possible... the other... does not.. so..... Yeah.

Also I don't watch anime anymore, I read manga, so... I could live without Anime just fine. I love my cartoons though.

Agreed

laidblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime without a doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anime without a doubt.

you pissed off america

No Caption Provided

AMERICA DOESN'T LIKE GETTING PISSED

Avatar image for deactivated-5e497e3f11e30
deactivated-5e497e3f11e30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comedy? Cartoon

Serious? Anime

Melinoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Melinoe

Both have their ups and downs. As well as their serious moments. Adventure time has a really funny way of telling people Ice King has Alzheimers and teaching morals at the same time. I really like a bunch of different shows and how they can despite their lighthearted, whimsical nature, really drive home serious lessons or imply darker things beyond what you see at face value as a child.

Now, anime, offers a very serious genre and some things are downright realistic, and others like one punch man can be well written to parody different things, while still driving home different lessons than it's more generic counterparts. Some of the best action scenes around, and it has plenty, plenty of room to cater to more mature audiences and still little ones.

I like both. Don't make me choose.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By Iragexcudder

Anime and it's not even a contest