Alimony. Keep it or abolish it?

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Alimony. Keep it or abolish it? (20 votes)

Keep it 20%
Abolish it 80%

Question is simple

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Keep only in cases when there is a severe imbalance in finances between the couple. Also, and I don't know if this is currently the case, but make it regardless to gender, and purely based on the financial situations of the people involved.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheInsufferable

@wolverinebatmanftw said:

Keep only in cases when there is a severe imbalance in finances between the couple. Also, and I don't know if this is currently the case, but make it regardless to gender, and purely based on the financial situations of the people involved.

So, remove it in cases where it has the least effect?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The current system is terrible, and does far more harm then good in my opinion.

instead of a standard which would charge a minimal fee as a safety net.

the fee is based off of income being made at the time, and is set to ensure "Standard of living"

which means the sky is the limit.

Often times both partners are gainfully employed and yet, it's in the vast majority of the time the male that gets the pleasure of being financially enslaved.

Oh your income dropped? well to bad, pay that shit.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: so basically we need a reform since completely eleminating alimony won't fix the problems. For the first time on this website, I sorta agree with you. Remember when you posted a screenshot of "dead people voting" but it was actually a picture from another election in 2019?? Hopefully you've stopped lying.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@thekillerklok: so basically we need a reform since completely eleminating alimony won't fix the problems. For the first time on this website, I sorta agree with you. Remember when you posted a screenshot of "dead people voting" but it was actually a picture from another election in 2019?? Hopefully you've stopped lying.

That's an interesting, when did I post a picture of dead people voting from another election in 2019 I have zero recollection of this. Frankly you probably have the wrong guy.

and for implying that I intentionally mislead people,I kindly request you go fornicate a pineapple.

But if the current state of Alimony is terrible enough that both me and you agree on a topic, then you know that system just has to be freaking awful.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: ofc you do. From all the bs you were spewing out on that day, from. "the dems threw the ballots into the river". And "the dems got new ballots and counted thousands of fake votes" I'm sure you don't remember random bs.

You literally did tho🤷🏿‍♂️.

Sure I think the system needs some type of revamping, I just don't agree that the issue is as big as you make it out to be.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@thekillerklok: ofc you do. From all the bs you were spewing out on that day, from. "the dems threw the ballots into the river". And "the dems got new ballots and counted thousands of fake votes" I'm sure you don't remember random bs.

You literally did tho🤷🏿‍♂️.

Sure I think the system needs some type of revamping, I just don't agree that the issue is as big as you make it out to be.

huh? you either got the wrong person or your just making random shit up.

but hey if you can manage to find a post where I made the claim ballots where thrown into a river, I will eat my words and apologize.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: in my memory I even have the image of the "claim" about dead people voting and everything. It was a blue background with white letters and it seemed odd school. Don't claim that it didn't happen, to me when I still have the memory Intact, at the very least say you don't remember

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@olorun said:

@thekillerklok: in my memory I even have the image of the "claim" about dead people voting and everything. It was a blue background with white letters and it seemed odd school. Don't claim that it didn't happen, to me when I still have the memory Intact, at the very least say you don't remember

While I don't remember everything I post, I generally remember my claims.

I posted a Fleccus videos on the subject, and before that the same ass list he ended up using.

Loading Video...

I plugged in many random names myself into the website to verify.

I am curious how this list was somehow from an election used in 2019?

I mean the database was of the current voter roll.

so I am the confusion in regards to your claim.

As for making the claim that somehow "some massive amount of ballots where dumped into a river?...

when? Maybe I posted some news story that I forgot, but me posted a story from the news isn't me making a claim, it's me posting a story from the news.

Olorun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: unironically watching fleccastalks. This is literally me dumb me when I was 16. Guy knows nothing of politics and spews non-sense with no real base all the time. Much like your fav Andy ngo.

You claimed that the dems were counting the votes of dead people and implied that they were doing this on purpose. When it was simply an image from 2019.

Lmao "I'm just reporting the news" even tho everytime you posted you added your "the dems/commies" as if it were fact and not simply a claim. That's not news reporting, you're simply spewing bs. Also you were news reporting... But I didn't see you dispute the claims you yourself were making although people literally debunked your claims in minutes.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 socajunkie  Moderator

I’m not from the States so forgive any possible ignorance regarding this: I don’t understand why one should be legally obliged to support somebody they are no longer legally with. I think it shouldn’t be in legislation, just leave it up to the husband or wife to decide for themselves- I can see it going fine if it’s a mutual decision to divorce, one is struggling so the other helps them out. Furthermore, if it’s a bad break-up and they don’t get along so neither will support the other then so be it. Once again they aren’t legally together anymore so there should be no legal responsibility what so ever. If this comes across as harsh then consider that the husband or wife can ask for support from family and friends.

Lastly, this whole ‘standard of living’ argument seems down to nothing more than entitlement and complacency. If one of them was wealthy then the other only enjoyed that wealth because they were legally together, now that they aren’t legally together anymore, by what legislative right does the one worse off HAVE to be on that same standard of living? Keep your job/get another one/try to set your own standard and not let bitterness rule you. They’re adults, not toddlers.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By dernman

@socajunkie: I believe it was created in the time where woman didn't go to work. Their jobs and contribution was staying at home. So because of that they had to give up making a career for themselves. It was a sacrifice for the couple so when that's over this is sorta like compensation.

There is also the fact where one makes a deal to support someone through college. Either through money or something else. You can call that an investment in their development. . Many put their own shit on hold to build up them for their future. Now that future is no more it leave the one who did all that work in the lurch.

Listen I'm doing a bad job at making an argument here and it's only a small angle to it but trust me there are justifiable reasons for a system like that. Especially at the time of it's creation. This is from someone who use to be heavily against it. The system is just messed up right now. Like most things it needs to be reformed.

Don't use this thread as the bases to form your opinion. It's more complicated than what you're seeing here.

socajunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14 socajunkie  Moderator

@dernman:

‘I believe it was created in the time where woman didn't go to work. Their jobs and contribution was staying at home. So because of that they had to give up making a career for themselves. It was a sacrifice for the couple so when that's over this is sorta like compensation.’

That makes sense. In an ideal world- now that women aren’t held back like that and can have a career, I’m assuming if the man raises the child at home and sacrifices his career, the woman would be the one providing compensation afterwards.

‘There is also the fact where one makes a deal to support someone through college. Either through money or something else. You can call that an investment in their development. . Many put their own shit on hold to build up them for their future. Now that future is no more it leave the one who did all that work in the lurch.’

Valid again, I see your perspective.

‘Listen I'm doing a bad job at making an argument here and it's only a small angle to it but trust me there are justifiable reasons for a system like that. Especially at the time of it's creation. This is from someone who use to be heavily against it. The system is just messed up right now. Like most things it needs to be reformed.’

I think you’ve done alright as you’ve caused me pause for thought and I’m not nearly as opposed to alimony as I was with my first post.

‘Don't use this thread as the bases to form your opinion. It's more complicated than what you're seeing here.‘

I won’t and I can tell, reformations so it’s equally fair needs to be implemented based on what you’ve informed me on.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If a billionare dude marries a woman with no money and they divorce a few years later, she deserves to maintain that rich lifestyle she totally earned on her own.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By dernman

@kirkseven said:

If a billionare dude marries a woman with no money and they divorce a few years later, she deserves to maintain that rich lifestyle she totally earned on her own.

If she's good enough to convince a billionaire dude to marry her without a prenup then she deserves that idiots money.

*partially joking.*

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
@kirkseven said:

If she's good enough to convince a billionaire dude to marry her without a prenup then she deserves that idiots money.

*partially joking.*

Get him drunk and have him sign off on one of those low quality done on the day Las vegas weddings and boom.

Also I don't think someones intelligence should determine whether they have their stuff stolen, even if you are half joking.

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Abolish for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im primarily pro-choice/pro-practicality.

If the involve parties believe that alimony serve their mutual interest and they both consent to such arrangement

then let them decide it for themselves.

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778
deactivated-60b8b9a9dd778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points