• 115 results
Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll: Agree/Disagree: "Governments should make obesity a crime" (127 votes)

Agree, obesity should be treated as a crime 16%
Disagree, obesity should NOT be treated as a crime 84%

In case any dumbass thinks this is a bait thread, I will list down my carefully thought reasons why this proposal can actually be helpful.

The Whys

1. Productivity. Obese people are correlated with low levels of productivity. By discouraging obesity, people would be more productive.
  2. Increase quality of life. People out of fear, will learn to live healthier lives instead of gorging themselves (Think America) silly.
  3. Increase happiness. Studies have shown that some people overeat due to depression. The government should keep the people busy instead of eating.
  4. Shut up the mouths of those government detractors who cry wolf on every instance of "political correctness". Since this act is rather "politically incorrect", they would learn that the government isn't politically correct and be satisfied.

The Hows of Implementation

• Of course, there are different severity levels or categories of crime. Obviously, it goes without saying that obesity, if it ever becomes a crime, should be treated as a minor offence.
  • Enact a new law that requires everyone who is of a certain minimum age and mentally sound, to go for medical checkups once a year and measure their weight.
  • Whoever is deemed obese by various methods of measures, will be fined a certain amount of money - a disincentive to stop people from spending money on more food.
  • Tax sugar and trans-fats products heavily.

Alternative

• If it is non-feasible to make obesity a crime, perhaps the government can resort to a "carrot" instead of "stick" approach.
  • Whoever is within the "healthy" range of an optional yearly medical checkup would be given vouchers for purchasing health products.

Your opinions?

What do you think? Discuss.

• 
ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

........no

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No...

Of course not...

This is the dumbest question I've seen in a while.

Giving power to the government to punish people because of their body characteristics...

I think Hitler would find it amusing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And gr8 b8 m8.

Lejon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hitler would like this

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No, let fatty buffalos be fatty buffalos, just hate when they try to pretend fat is sexy (whos that one fat blonde singer who sings about all that base and how fat is sexy?)

silkyballfro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what about all those obese politicians? And all those obese people working for the government?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blade_R

I love how OP wants to call people thinking this is a bait thread dumbasses...yet thinks making obesity a crime might be a good idea.

Pot.Kettle.Black. lol

Avatar image for tsciallsolle3451
TSciallsolle3451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But what about all those obese politicians? And all those obese people working for the government?

read the OP. They just need to be fined as a deterrence to keep themselves fitter in the future.

@blade_r said:

I love how OP wants to call people thinking this is a bait thread dumbasses...yet thinks making obesity a crime might be a good idea.

Pot.Kettle.Black. lol

An extreme opinion does not make an opinion "bait"

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Are you joking?

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
Xzenix-Everdeen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words: Hell. No.

I can't believe you made such a thread.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loading Video...

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Isn't OP that guy who made a string of ridiculous obesity troll threads a while back? If so ban him.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14  Edited By SC  Moderator

Occam's razor. Simply being better at educating people about health and mental and emotional wellbeing will work more effectively and efficiently, than the proposed ideas which would probably have a counter productive effect, and potentially even exacerbate the problem as well as create new problems. Creating a systematic approach to punishing people will just end up with more punished people. I am already a Demon Kaz. Also the reward for good health is… good health. The punishment for bad health… is bad health. What you need is a more educated, knowledgable and understanding society.

Generally speaking thats where we are all heading generally, however thats been slower than our advancements in technology and business that have lead to more sedate lifestyles, more free time, and hyper times of foods that should rarely be eaten - but taste so good and make us feel so good temporarily… help us cope emotionally and mentally sometimes with all the other junk going on in our lives… I mean yeah negative future consequences health yadda yadda, HAVE YOU EVER HAD A BACON CHEESEBURGER? with a cold beer? Mmmn bacon. Anyway our education, and knowledge and understanding needs to match and surpass our ability to make and sell tasty unhealthy food and ability to sit down. Not eliminate those things or take the emphasis off people being put in a position where they make better choices on to others forcibly policing and punishing such people.

Also Occam's razor. To people, you could be a troll, OR you could be sincere about such topics, have the awareness to ask certain questions that seem reasonable and make sense, alongside questions and observations that don't seem to make sense or seem reasonable, either because its devils advocate or possibly personal idiosyncrasies, and just that in general, you like sincerely talking about controversial subjects, but also seem to lack an awareness that they are controversial and so should take that into consideration and account when it comes to wording and making sure people realize you are being sincere and genuine… to most, which one is simpler and therefore more likely? So don't include lines like "In case any dumbass thinks this is a bait thread" please and consider yourself generally lucky that some of your threads are occasionally left open, because I am a bit of a softie and also like these kinds of threads. Yet, at the same time, one day may just start locking them, or other moderators might, because we perceive a lack of sincerity/goodwill.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SC  Moderator

@thenaughtytitan said:

Isn't OP that guy who made a string of ridiculous obesity troll threads a while back? If so ban him.

Different user, but good memory!

silkyballfro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tsciallsolle3451: And you think politicians would willingly fine themselves?

Bahahagaahagahahahahahhahhhaaaaa

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with these polls on obese people???

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not in the ball park of obese, but my best friend who I loved like a brother (and who's ashes are about 8 feet away from me) was morbidly obese and died on the operating table because his heart gave out because of his obesity.

He made his choices, he was even trying to diet, and I'd even gotten him to start doing light exercise with me. He made those choices too. I miss him EVERY stinkin' day, but I also respect freedom every day. The government is in our cereal more than enough. Trying to decide what we eat, and how much of it, is past too far.

I think so, and obviously Kevin would have thought so, even though he hated his weight problem. I never did, it scared me, and what I was scared of finally happened, but the government would have had no right in his choices.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No, but it should definetely be discouraged.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

This is dumb. No, obesity should not be considered a crime.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Disagree.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dum529001

Its a bad thing that people should not indulge in but I won't thrown people in jail over it.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Wut

Productivity. Obese people are correlated with low levels of productivity. By discouraging obesity, people would be more productive.

Just like discouraging drug use and alcohol has made people more productive... wait a minute... In a way it did... made them more productive and creative in getting around silly restriction laws. So, kudos for that.

Increase quality of life. People out of fear, will learn to live healthier lives instead of gorging themselves (Think America) silly.

Well, I am going to dismiss how this is a hilarious example of an authoritarian view (Which I would never accept on principle, much less, in practice), how in the world do you think taking away a coping mechanism and threatening people with imprisonment is going to improve their mood? (Also, feel bad for every person who finds obese people attractive [Yes, they are a thing. People like what people like, get used to it.])

"You will be thin and happy, else I will throw you in prison or needlessly fine you! Cause I just want you to be happy! Why won't you love me Peasant-Senpai!?!"

Increase happiness. Studies have shown that some people overeat due to depression. The government should keep the people busy instead of eating.

Totalitarian dystopian FTW!!!!!!! "If we keep the peasants busy enough, they won't have time to be sad! Anyone that is sad, and using dastardly coping mechanisms, is obviously just not working hard enough!"

Shut up the mouths of those government detractors who cry wolf on every instance of "political correctness". Since this act is rather "politically incorrect", they would learn that the government isn't politically correct and be satisfied.

Lol there is a difference between taking political correctness too far and being a simpleton by running into the other direction as a kneejerk reaction. Not sure which I find more hilariously wrong.

In short:

No Caption Provided

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Yeah, because making drugs illegal has really done wonders for eliminating junkies. And where do people with mobility issues and genetic disorders calculate into this equation?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wut

@longbowhunter: Obviously they would go to prison and then be harvested in order to make a new, low-fat substitute food (Soylent Lard) in which we can use to keep the masses thin and lean for our glorious workforce.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SC  Moderator

@wut said:

@longbowhunter: Obviously they would go to prison and then be harvested in order to make a new, low-fat substitute food (Soylent Lard) in which we can use to keep the masses thin and lean for our glorious workforce.

Come on now guys, the much more logical solution is to forcibly remove the fat from fat people in prison and to forcibly inject it into other peoples butts, arms, breasts, lips and other body parts. This way twerking videos will evolve and multiply, and increase the productivity of people. Punish the fat people and reward the good people with the things they obviously want most. Thicker booties and arms.

As for drugs? Maybe the punishments aren't severe enough? Notice how there are more people that use drugs than people who murder? Notice how the punishments for murder are more severe? If we make the punishments for drugs more sever like murder, then of course there will be less drug users? Technically since foods can be as addictive as drugs, they are drugs too. Lets just kill everyone maybe?

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wut

@sc: Kill all the people?...

No Caption Provided

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Logical and cost effective. I'm on board.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sc: Is it too late for you to enter the Presidental race? These are some sound ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a937e573d769
deactivated-5a937e573d769

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen & there some really stupid ones out there but this one takes the cake "pun intended".

LpnQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LpnQ

Yes, unless you have a bodily disease or a genetic disease that prevents you from loosing weight or being able to maintain.

Now i'm not talking about a guy that's 5ft2 and weighs 138 lbs ( yes he's overweight) being illegal, i'm talking about a person being 5ft9 being 350 lbs+

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. The motivations for doing it are respectable (wanting people to be healthier and more productive), but the implementation and consequences would be the problem. People have the freedom to eat nearly whatever they want and whenever they want it. You are taking away their freedoms. You'd have to create even more of a totalitarian state in order to see who is and isn't following the dictator like rules. Even worse, in America the less healthy foods are less expensive. There might be a couple of exceptions, but overall that's the way it is. This would screw over the poor people that can't afford organic foods in the market. There are better and different ways to fight obesity without turning the nation into a total police state.

tsoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This better be like Swift's "A Modest Proposal"...

Because hell no.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True obesity is NOT something people get without some kind of mental or genetic disorder.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silkyballfro94 said:

read the OP. They just need to be fined as a deterrence to keep themselves fitter in the future.

@blade_r said:

Pot.Kettle.Black. lol

An extreme opinion does not make an opinion "bait"

I guess the question would be, why do they need to be fitter? Obviously I don't want people I care about to be obese/unhealthy, but I mean who else is them being fat hurting other than themselves? It seems a little silly to go through such lengths for something that really isn't a huge deal. What do you suggest happens to obese minors/children? Should they be fined too? They likley don't have a job, so how would that work? Just fine the parents? Next, what about people in low income areas who make minimum wage? You know, where its cheaper to eat unhealthy than it is to actually buy decent food. This law doesn't seem fair to them.

So you can say honestly say that when you typed up this thread and submitted it, no part of you did it to try and offend or make people angry? Not even a little bit? Somehow, I have a feeling you know the real answer to that question.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zetsu-San

@blade_r: You are talking to a guy that says he doesn't believe in free speech then proceeds to ask as many fringe questions as possible.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r: You are talking to a guy that says he doesn't believe in free speech then proceeds to ask as many fringe questions as possible.

I don't know this guy or his post history, things he has said etc. lol I barley read past his first few sentences in the OP

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol that'd be hilarious.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sir are why aliens think where to dumb to speak to.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, that sounds insane.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obesity should not be punishable.

Stupidty on the other hand...

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ummm, no? That's on people what they wanna do to themselves.

ShadowGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, it is wrong to make laws or judgements over other people's bodies

Aka_aka_aka_ak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think society would be improved by the increased productivity and that should be priority, but there's no way it's feasible. Also being overweight is not the same as being unproductive, if it were I'd probably be inclined to agree with you, but take myself, I'm currently in exam term and I eat worse and exercise less this term, precisely because I want to prioritise productivity and I can't afford to waste time or be distracted by being hungry.

PenguinDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We have top men are working on it now...Top. Men.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No lol.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why would this be a bad thing? Just let people be them.