Addiction to technology

Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Having an iPhone makes you addicted to facebook, twitter, espn, papertoss!, the internet etc. You cannot go one day with out your iPhone. If you try it, I guarantee you will freakout! It's kind of sad. After seeing one of the articles G-Man did on Spider-Woman Motion Comic #1, it got me thinking. Are we going to see a lot more motion comics? Will there be a motion/digital comic app where all the new comics for the week will be able to be downloaded straight to your computer or iPhone? Instead of going into comic stores and buying our comics, are the big companies going to start making more of these motion comics? What do you guys think? Did you like Spider-Woman Motion Comic #1 that G-Man reviewed? Do you guys like digital or motion comics? Do you think that our addiction to technology will end comics as we know them today?
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

You typed this on your iphone, didn't you?

I enjoyed the Watchmen Motion Comic greatly, so much so, I bought it on Blu-Ray. Motion comics can be a lot of fun, but I personally will never buy an iphone. I have my smart phone and pretty much only use it for the Word program and "twittering" (shutters). I try and keep my technologies separated, I don't want some penultimate machine that does everything, I'd rather have my pockets full. With the digital world pushing forward, there seems to be more and more of a disconnection between not only personal communication, but also an appreciation for the technology itself. I miss the days when comic book technology pushed the envelope with glossy paper. That blew my mind. Comics online, not so much.

Avatar image for giuseppe_riccadonna
Giuseppe Riccadonna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

He can't type this on his Iphone. I tried and apparently everyone is having a problem. But, no I go find without internet. I go camping all the time and I never freak out.
MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MKF30

Interesting...how the world works huh? I mean I think there are so many people out there right now who can't live literally without some technology lol. PC's, ipods, iphones, consoles/portables, cell phones(especially for girls lol) etc 

I wonder what the world would do today especially todays youth if this technology was gone or not invented yet like what our folks and grandfolks lived thru hahahaha
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm for ocassional motion comics, I don't even bother with most technology, I have a cell with limited internet and a computer i don't have a need to be constantly plugged in, I do find it funny however that we seem to be making more advances each year  in cell phone technology but we don't seem to be going anywhere with cancer or AIDS research.
Avatar image for chocolate_lantern
Chocolate Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Chocolate Lantern
@inferiorego said:
" You typed this on your iphone, didn't you? " 

Ha! as soon as they get an app for CV then I will be on here 10x more! 

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" I do find it funny however that we seem to be making more advances each year  in cell phone technology but we don't seem to be going anywhere with cancer or AIDS research. "
That is a very good point! its because you can make money on cell phones.
KRiddle012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure we've all heard someone say that technology is making us addicted to our devices. When my husband told me this, I admit I didn't completely listen because it seemed so far-fetched. Lets you can get digital oilfield software and learn more about digital marketing. But then he repeated it and I started to think about it a little more seriously there were people who might actually be addicted to their phones, computers, and TV screens. Let's take a closer look at the signs of being addicted to technology:

KingLouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technology is the future. If you don't like it feel free to go back to the stone age.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ArranVid

I am a luddite and I'm proud to be a luddite. Also I can remain without my smartphone for a long period of time.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArranVid

There are good things about technology but there are also bad things of course. I think it will be a bad time if the metaverse comes. It will also be a bad time when Artificial Intelligence becomes too powerful and when Artificial Intelligence takes away a lot of the jobs of people and when lots of things are just done online without human interaction. Technology advances do have their usefulness though e.g. in medicine.

arctika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of people are dependent on it but I definitely think that the younger people are addicted to it. I mean just go out to our mall or stores whatever, you see younger people especially zoned into their phones. It's a double edged sword honestly.