2011-2012 NBA season/post-season discussion thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If he does get five more rings and matches MJ, and continues to have the type of career he has been having. There should no reason he shouldn't be in the discussion. He's already one of the greats imo, all he's missing is the rings..

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1402  Edited By King_Saturn
@_slim_ said:

If he does get five more rings and matches MJ, and continues to have the type of career he has been having. There should no reason he shouldn't be in the discussion. He's already one of the greats imo, all he's missing is the rings..

true enough... 
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#1403  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Larry Bird>> Lebron James.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1404  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:
@cascadeking09 said:
My money's on Miami for game 2.
that is what I am praying for
My money's on them for game 3, maybe in overtime.

@dccomicsrule2011: I think that it's way too early for Jordan comparisons. This man has yet to even average over 30 points per game in his career and has yet to shoot better than 50% from the field, Jordan was doing that in just his 3rd year and before he turned 23 he was dropping 50 on the top defenses in the league, Durant is in his 5th season and is 23 years old.

Read again I said in the Forth he looks Like MJ not all around and I said he had potential to be him I was never comparing him to MJ I am sorry if it came out that way.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1405  Edited By cascadeking09
@dccomicsrule2011: O, ok.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1406  Edited By King_Saturn
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

well for right now he might be... but what happens if Lebron rattles off 4 or 5 NBA titles before his career ends ?
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1407  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@King Saturn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

well for right now he might be... but what happens if Lebron rattles off 4 or 5 NBA titles before his career ends ?

They would only = Birds 3 IMO. Lebron teamed with Dwade and Bosh we all expected Heat to win a championship or 2 to me if he does he still harbored on Wades team like a dog with his tail between his legs now lets compare Bird to Lerborn.
Passing: Bird is the best passing forward ever he is better then Lebron just watch highlights and games to see
Rebonding: Bird average 1o rebounds per game Lebron only 7 Bird has him hear too
Shooting: Bird easy need I say more?
Defense: This is one thing Lebron has over Bird is Defense but Bird was no joke in the department either he was a good team defensive player.
Scoring: I would give this to Bird as well Bird had to share the ball with 2 other HOF if Larry was By himself he would put up the same scoring numbers lebron ould put up.
Clutch: No comparrision Bird destroys Lebron in this category Behind MJ Larry Legend is the second best clutch player ever.
Overall: even if Lebron does get 5 or six seven or eight rings it still would not change the fact Bird was better uless he gets better also because staying as is Bird has him easy.
Edit: Before you call me a lebron james Hater I have nothig against Lebron I am just saying Bird>>James

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1408  Edited By King_Saturn
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@King Saturn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

They would only = Birds 3 IMO. Lebron teamed with Dwade and Bosh we all expected Heat to win a championship or 2 to me if he does he still harbored on Wades team like a dog with his tail between his legs now lets compare Bird to Lerborn.
Passing: Bird is the best passing forward ever he is better then Lebron just watch highlights and games to see
Rebonding: Bird average 1o rebounds per game Lebron only 7 Bird has him hear too
Defense: This is one thing Lebron has over Bird is Defense but Bird was no joke in the department either he was a good team defensive player.
Scoring: I would give this to Bird as well Bird had to share the ball with 2 other HOF if Larry was By himself he would put up the same scoring numbers lebron ould put up.
Clutch: No comparrision Bird destroys Lebron in this category Behind MJ Larry Legend is the second best clutch player ever.
Overall: even if Lebron does get 5 or six seven or eight rings it still would not change the fact Bird was better uless he gets better also because staying as is Bird has him easy.
Edit: Before you call me a lebron james Hater I have nothig against Lebron I am just saying Bird>>James

even if all these things are true... just because Lebron James was considered to be "The Next Michael Jordan" by so many people... Lebron will be ahead of Bird on the All Time NBA Greats list even he can rattle off 4 or 5 NBA titles.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1409  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@King Saturn: even if all these things are true... just because Lebron James was considered to be "The Next Michael Jordan" by so many people... Lebron will be ahead of Bird on the All Time NBA Greats list even he can rattle off 4 or 5 NBA titles.

And it would be ridiculous if he does even though Bird is the flat out better player and played in the best Era ever (80's) IMO Lebron still is not in the top 10 all time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Draft going on right now.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1411  Edited By cascadeking09
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Lebron teamed with Dwade and Bosh we all expected Heat to win a championship or 2 to me if he does he still harbored on Wades team like a dog with his tail between his legs now lets compare Bird to Lerborn.

I cant agree with this. That team has never been Wade's team imo, he just carried the load for a short time after Shaq left and Zo retired.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1412  Edited By cascadeking09
@King Saturn said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@King Saturn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

even if all these things are true... just because Lebron James was considered to be "The Next Michael Jordan" by so many people... Lebron will be ahead of Bird on the All Time NBA Greats list even he can rattle off 4 or 5 NBA titles.
I dont know about that, a lot of players have been considered to be the next Jordan in their draft class but arent even as high as they should be on any all-time list. Jordan, Magic, and Bird are almost always at the top of any list and I dont really see that changin just because Lebron won a couple of rings.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1413  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:
@King Saturn said:
@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@King Saturn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

I dont know about that, a lot of players have been considered to be the next Jordan in their draft class but arent even as high as they should be on any all-time list. Jordan, Magic, and Bird are almost always at the top of any list and I dont really see that changin just because Lebron won a couple of rings.
None of the other Players that are Considered to be The Next Jordan are as Good as Lebron though outside of Kobe Bryant... most people of our day will tell you Lebron James is a talent that has Never Been seen before in Terms of Size and Skill and Speed... this is why I think he sets himself a little higher than those others who are called The Next Jordan.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1414  Edited By cascadeking09
@King Saturn: That's true, but I dont see him being placed ahead of Bird still no matter how many rings he wins but I do think it's fair to say he's near where Bird's level was in certain aspects of his game.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1415  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:
@King Saturn: That's true, but I dont see him being placed ahead of Bird still no matter how many rings he wins but I do think it's fair to say he's near where Bird's level was in certain aspects of his game.
Even if Lebron wins 5 or 6 NBA Championships ? 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1416  Edited By cascadeking09
@King Saturn: That all depends on how those 5 or 6 season's go for him. I think the comparisons are a lot more fair between the two of them, but rings dont really mean anything to me between two individuals.
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1417  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@cascadeking09 said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Lebron teamed with Dwade and Bosh we all expected Heat to win a championship or 2 to me if he does he still harbored on Wades team like a dog with his tail between his legs now lets compare Bird to Lerborn.

I cant agree with this. That team has never been Wade's team imo, he just carried the load for a short time after Shaq left and Zo retired.

So you find no problem with him going on another super stars team? Fact it was Wade that took over and won heat that championship vs Dallas Fact Shaq only average 18 points and 10 nrebounds per game whe he played for the Heat those are good stats for Roy Hibbert not a top 10 all time. Fact Wade led the Heat to a 45 and 37 record with Charmers, Beasily, Jo, and Haslem, if you took wade out and put a decent 2 Guard like lets say Jamal Crawford you are looking at a record no better then the Bobcats. Fact I Have my opinion and you have yours so I do not knock you for it(:

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1418  Edited By cascadeking09

@dccomicsrule2011: Yes, Wade stepped up in the finals and was a great at that time, but he benefited from playing with Shaq in the same way Kobe did. That heat team was Zo's team before it was either of theirs but they won because of each other, right? The next season they lost Shaq and got ran through by Philly and werent the same after that, they were swept in the playoffs, then Shaq got traded and they went 15-67. Without Shaq they dont make it to the finals and without Lebron and Bosh they barley managed to win 1 game in the playoffs. All Im sayin is that Wade is a great player and does a lot for Miami, but his heat team never went far. 

I honestly dont have a problem with Lebron going to another super star's team. He knew that he would not be winning a ring so long as he stayed in cleveland, he kept asking for help and the best they managed to get for him was Jamison, Williams, Gibson, and a washed up Shaq.  There's definitely no guard in the league that you could replace Wade with and get the same results, so I can agree with that and I respect your opinion.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1419  Edited By King_Saturn
Joe Johnson got traded to the Nets today ? Okay, what the fack are you folks in Brooklyn up to ?
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1420  Edited By cascadeking09
@King Saturn: I cant believe that. Atlanta needs him as much as anybody else. I cant believe we got rid of Joe and for some reason Pachula has managed to stay around this long.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1421  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:
@King Saturn: I cant believe that. Atlanta needs him as much as anybody else. I cant believe we got rid of Joe and for some reason Pachula has managed to stay around this long.
Nets might not have enough to sign both Howard and Williams now though...
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1422  Edited By cascadeking09
@King Saturn: Im just mad we lost Joe.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1423  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
@cascadeking09 said:
Nets might not have enough to sign both Howard and Williams now though...
The have enough to sign Deron Williams, they don't have enough to get Dwight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Miami trying to get Jesus Shuttlesworth.