#1 Posted by KalKent (1612 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 900 Pound Grizzly.
  • Grizzly is as mad as it would be defending its cubs.
  • Who wins?
#2 Posted by Jexsu (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

The bear, and easily.

#3 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2267 posts) - - Show Bio

The men get treated like Leo in the Revenant.

#4 Posted by skywalker95 (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Bat? Metal or Wooden? If it’s the former, The Men could win but with heavy casualties

If it’s wooden, Bear Slaughters them

#5 Posted by HeroUp2112 (17862 posts) - - Show Bio

@jexsu said:

The bear, and easily.

#6 Posted by Jexsu (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Bat? Metal or Wooden? If it’s the former, The Men could win but with heavy casualties

If it’s wooden, Bear Slaughters them

Even with metal bats, bashing them on the bear's thick fur/hide would most likely prove fatal for the men.

Avatar image for demightysquidge
#7 Posted by DeMightySquidge (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooden or metal bats won't do more than annoy an adult grizzly. Even hitting it on the head won't do more than get its attention. The front of an adult's skull will stop a bullet from an m1911 45 caliber pistol using ball ammunition. Hits from bats anywhere else will largely be absorbed by the coat.

#8 Edited by gunmetalgrey (4540 posts) - - Show Bio

The best the men could do is dogpile on it and try to choke it out with one of the bats. Another could go for the eyes while the rest (among those still alive) do what little they can to try and restrain it. It will take perfect teamwork though, and they need to all be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if it comes to it.

#9 Posted by grappolo (2883 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace the blunt weapons with stabbing ones and they stomp.

#10 Posted by Streak619 (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Give them a sledge hammer and they win, base ball bats aren't heavy enough.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (51777 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#12 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12442 posts) - - Show Bio

My bets on the Bloodlusted grizzly on first glance.

#13 Posted by InvadedTBD (468 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear, way to easy

#14 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36295 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear Stomps, Bears get shot by rifles and continue charging...Bats will do nothing...

#15 Posted by ourmanuel (8204 posts) - - Show Bio

Men with metal bats would win if they were serious.

#16 Posted by AnimeSensei (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming these are healthy fairly muscular guys, a full powered hit to a bears face (especially to the eyes and jaw) would not just be an annoyance lol. This bear would be dazed and if they can jam a bat down it’s throat or impair it’s vision with a lethal swing that’s GG.

#17 Posted by willpayton (21975 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a thought: Imagine that someone could start this as a type of sport. Assume there's no problem with animal rights people, and the government is ok with is at long as the people competing all sign appropriate wavers. Ok, so you give $1,000,000 to anyone who wants to be on the team fighting the bear. And/or you get tell prisoners that they can be in this and if they survive they're sentences will be commuted to time served.

Questions:

How many people would actually be willing to do this for the money? Or, how many prisoners would take this up?

Which teams would do better, one made up of all paid men, or one made up of all prisoners?

If you think the 15 men with bats have no chance, what weapon do you think would be just enough to give them a 50/50 chance?

#18 Posted by kgb725 (17927 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Bears are too strong and thick for bats to do anything

#19 Posted by willpayton (21975 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@willpayton: Bears are too strong and thick for bats to do anything

So what weapon do you think they'd need to be able to win just barely?

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#20 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4209 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear.

#21 Posted by deathstroke512 (2369 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear slaughters

#22 Edited by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2747 posts) - - Show Bio

People are saying bear?! Was it fewer men before?

15 men absolutely butcher a bear, 10 would be more than enough.. A couple of strong swings to the head would daze or even knock out the bear, a swing to the jaw would break its teeth/jaw. I think you all are underestimating just how devastating a baseball bat swing can be.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#23 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4242 posts) - - Show Bio

Men can win this. There are cases of people legitimately killing a bear on their own without weapons. 15 men allow enough distraction so that a few can get swings in on its head and eyes. I’d assume a few would get hurt or killed but 15 is a lot of ppl

#24 Posted by Tyger (275 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolves pressure bears in numbers. Men stomp, it's attention will be too divided and it will be wary of getting hit

#25 Posted by jashro44 (51777 posts) - - Show Bio

Men can win this. There are cases of people legitimately killing a bear on their own without weapons. 15 men allow enough distraction so that a few can get swings in on its head and eyes. I’d assume a few would get hurt or killed but 15 is a lot of ppl

I doubt those were Grizzly bears....

#26 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: actually yes. This article reports a man killing one with his teeth https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth

#27 Posted by jashro44 (51777 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: actually yes. This article reports a man killing one with his teeth https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth

That's pretty hardcore. However I don't think that dude is normal. Most normal people wouldn't think to bite at the bears jugular and probably wouldn't get the chance. The article also doesn't mention if that is a full grown Grizzly or not.

#28 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4242 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: agreed he was probably more feral than the bear lol. My point is regardless of the animal there are strength in numbers and larger creatures have been taken down by less. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for 15 guys to find a way to beat a grizzly

#29 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2477 posts) - - Show Bio

15 grown men could pin the grizzly down. The men take this with few casualties. Drop it down to 5-10 men and its a better fight.

#30 Posted by LyonKnight (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Men

#31 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44249 posts) - - Show Bio

Men.

The number gap is waaay too big.

#32 Posted by Helloman (26694 posts) - - Show Bio

The men win.

#33 Posted by XLR87T3 (9435 posts) - - Show Bio

Men.

The number gap is waaay too big.

Tell me how 15 men do anything to a bloodlusted grizzly bear, using only baseball bats? I'm sure a swing hits harder than a kick from a horse, or a bite from a wolf, or a paw swipe from another grizzly bear