#1 Posted by KalKent (1704 posts) - - Show Bio
  • 900 Pound Grizzly.
  • Grizzly is as mad as it would be defending its cubs.
  • Who wins?
#2 Posted by Jexsu (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

The bear, and easily.

#3 Posted by KingOfWakanda (2371 posts) - - Show Bio

The men get treated like Leo in the Revenant.

#4 Posted by skywalker95 (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Bat? Metal or Wooden? If it’s the former, The Men could win but with heavy casualties

If it’s wooden, Bear Slaughters them

#5 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18164 posts) - - Show Bio

@jexsu said:

The bear, and easily.

#6 Posted by Jexsu (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Bat? Metal or Wooden? If it’s the former, The Men could win but with heavy casualties

If it’s wooden, Bear Slaughters them

Even with metal bats, bashing them on the bear's thick fur/hide would most likely prove fatal for the men.

Avatar image for demightysquidge
#7 Posted by DeMightySquidge (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooden or metal bats won't do more than annoy an adult grizzly. Even hitting it on the head won't do more than get its attention. The front of an adult's skull will stop a bullet from an m1911 45 caliber pistol using ball ammunition. Hits from bats anywhere else will largely be absorbed by the coat.

#8 Edited by gunmetalgrey (4672 posts) - - Show Bio

The best the men could do is dogpile on it and try to choke it out with one of the bats. Another could go for the eyes while the rest (among those still alive) do what little they can to try and restrain it. It will take perfect teamwork though, and they need to all be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice if it comes to it.

#9 Posted by grappolo (2962 posts) - - Show Bio

Replace the blunt weapons with stabbing ones and they stomp.

#10 Posted by Streak619 (7527 posts) - - Show Bio

Give them a sledge hammer and they win, base ball bats aren't heavy enough.

#11 Posted by jashro44 (52023 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
#12 Edited by TheTrueBarryAllen (12811 posts) - - Show Bio

My bets on the Bloodlusted grizzly on first glance.

#13 Posted by InvadedTBD (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear, way to easy

#14 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36603 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear Stomps, Bears get shot by rifles and continue charging...Bats will do nothing...

#15 Posted by ourmanuel (10517 posts) - - Show Bio

Men with metal bats would win if they were serious.

#16 Posted by AnimeSensei (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming these are healthy fairly muscular guys, a full powered hit to a bears face (especially to the eyes and jaw) would not just be an annoyance lol. This bear would be dazed and if they can jam a bat down it’s throat or impair it’s vision with a lethal swing that’s GG.

#17 Posted by willpayton (22076 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a thought: Imagine that someone could start this as a type of sport. Assume there's no problem with animal rights people, and the government is ok with is at long as the people competing all sign appropriate wavers. Ok, so you give $1,000,000 to anyone who wants to be on the team fighting the bear. And/or you get tell prisoners that they can be in this and if they survive they're sentences will be commuted to time served.

Questions:

How many people would actually be willing to do this for the money? Or, how many prisoners would take this up?

Which teams would do better, one made up of all paid men, or one made up of all prisoners?

If you think the 15 men with bats have no chance, what weapon do you think would be just enough to give them a 50/50 chance?

#18 Posted by kgb725 (18390 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Bears are too strong and thick for bats to do anything

#19 Posted by willpayton (22076 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

@willpayton: Bears are too strong and thick for bats to do anything

So what weapon do you think they'd need to be able to win just barely?

Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
#20 Posted by xMangog__Beastx (4705 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear.

#21 Posted by deathstroke512 (2374 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear slaughters

#22 Edited by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2911 posts) - - Show Bio

People are saying bear?! Was it fewer men before?

15 men absolutely butcher a bear, 10 would be more than enough.. A couple of strong swings to the head would daze or even knock out the bear, a swing to the jaw would break its teeth/jaw. I think you all are underestimating just how devastating a baseball bat swing can be.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#23 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

Men can win this. There are cases of people legitimately killing a bear on their own without weapons. 15 men allow enough distraction so that a few can get swings in on its head and eyes. I’d assume a few would get hurt or killed but 15 is a lot of ppl

#24 Posted by Tyger (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolves pressure bears in numbers. Men stomp, it's attention will be too divided and it will be wary of getting hit

#25 Posted by jashro44 (52023 posts) - - Show Bio

Men can win this. There are cases of people legitimately killing a bear on their own without weapons. 15 men allow enough distraction so that a few can get swings in on its head and eyes. I’d assume a few would get hurt or killed but 15 is a lot of ppl

I doubt those were Grizzly bears....

#26 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: actually yes. This article reports a man killing one with his teeth https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth

#27 Posted by jashro44 (52023 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: actually yes. This article reports a man killing one with his teeth https://huckberry.com/journal/posts/man-kills-grizzly-with-hands-and-teeth

That's pretty hardcore. However I don't think that dude is normal. Most normal people wouldn't think to bite at the bears jugular and probably wouldn't get the chance. The article also doesn't mention if that is a full grown Grizzly or not.

#28 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (4835 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: agreed he was probably more feral than the bear lol. My point is regardless of the animal there are strength in numbers and larger creatures have been taken down by less. I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility for 15 guys to find a way to beat a grizzly

#29 Posted by Jooosh1996 (2716 posts) - - Show Bio

15 grown men could pin the grizzly down. The men take this with few casualties. Drop it down to 5-10 men and its a better fight.

#30 Posted by LyonKnight (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Men

#31 Posted by Pharoh_Atem (44276 posts) - - Show Bio

Men.

The number gap is waaay too big.

#32 Posted by Helloman (28515 posts) - - Show Bio

The men win.

#33 Posted by XLR87T3 (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

Men.

Tell me how 15 men do anything to a bloodlusted grizzly bear, using only baseball bats? I'm sure a swing hits harder than a kick from a horse, or a bite from a wolf, or a paw swipe from another grizzly bear

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#34 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

The bear mauls them.

#35 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

While the bear is busy trying to maul one person, he's constantly getting Molly whopped in his face with what's probably a metal bat by maybe 5 or so men with the rest probably attacking his legs or other vulnerable part of it. The men win for sure. A decent number of them leave the fight with critical injuries but they'd beat that bear down to a point it just might leave its kids behind just to stop getting smacked in the head so much.

#36 Edited by BatmanPlusJay (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@demightysquidge: A bear isn't walking off a grown man swinging a metal bat to its head. Their heads being able to potentially stop bullets is one thing, since bullets are piercing attacks. A metal bat is blunt force and that bear would take serious amounts of damage from the blunt force from a handful of men swinging metal bats to its head. It could get crushed.

#37 Posted by arctika (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

lol trying to picture this fight in my head.

#38 Posted by XLR87T3 (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

While the bear is busy trying to maul one person, he's constantly getting Molly whopped in his face with what's probably a metal bat by maybe 5 or so men with the rest probably attacking his legs or other vulnerable part of it. The men win for sure. A decent number of them leave the fight with critical injuries but they'd beat that bear down to a point it just might leave its kids behind just to stop getting smacked in the head so much.

While the bear is busy trying to maul one person, he's constantly getting Molly whopped in his face with what's probably a metal bat by maybe 5 or so men with the rest probably attacking his legs or other vulnerable part of it.

While the bear is busy trying to maul one person

trying

lol

Loading Video...

#39 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: I don't think that bear had a handful of men swinging baseball bats at it's face. And it didn't even successfully maul him, it *tried* to, but was fought off with a garden hose and a stick. Lmao. I'm sure the 15 men with bats will be just fine.

#40 Posted by loyngulpany (2592 posts) - - Show Bio

Well the bear is too fast for the men to handle even with metal baseball bats. If it's a ranged weapon like guns then they could win easily but if it's a melee weapon then they have no chance.

#41 Posted by BatmanPlusJay (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@loyngulpany: You say the bear is too fast like it's SSB Gogeta speed blitzing people. It's a fat teddy bear trying to bite and slap people. It's not too fast for them.

#42 Posted by loyngulpany (2592 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmanplusjay: I gotta say the bear is too fast for his size. I could've clarified what I said awhile ago. Sorry.

I never said he was as fast as someone like SSB Gogeta or Usain Bolt. Lol

#43 Posted by XLR87T3 (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: I don't think that bear had a handful of men swinging baseball bats at it's face. And it didn't even successfully maul him, it *tried* to, but was fought off with a garden hose and a stick. Lmao. I'm sure the 15 men with bats will be just fine.

Yeah no, the man was instantly killed. He was dead in seconds after he hit the ground. There was no try.

Also, no person would want to be anywhere near a bears face, and I don't care how bloodlusted the human is. A 900 lb bear would one-shot a human with his paw swipe and 7+ inch claws.

No Caption Provided

Humans, like primates, have muscles and blood vessels closely attached to the skin, so we're very susceptible to bleeding from cuts and tears.

For example, a 120 lb leopard can take off a man's scalp with a single swipe

No Caption Provided

A 900 lb grizzly bear has way longer claws and is leaps and bounds more powerful than that pussy cat, the force of the paw alone should crush a man's skull

#44 Edited by AlexTheBoss (16978 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:
@pharoh_atem said:

Men.

Tell me how 15 men do anything to a bloodlusted grizzly bear, using only baseball bats? I'm sure a swing hits harder than a kick from a horse, or a bite from a wolf, or a paw swipe from another grizzly bear

Actually PSI wise a swing from a baseball bat would probably be quite a bit higher than a bite from a wolf, but Bear's have good blunt force durability, so a wolf bite might do more damage just because it might be able to cut an artery. Though a wolf bite would probably do practically nothing to a 900 lb grizzly as well.

According to this article the swing of a baseball bat from a major league player is over 8,000 lbs of force, and above any living animal, but below a T-rex.

https://diamondkinetics.com/how-much-force-is-applied-when-bat-meets-ball/

A horse kick supposedly has 2,000 lbs of force, so that would be less as well.

Not saying the men win this though.

#45 Posted by Legendary_User (232 posts) - - Show Bio

There are too many men for the bear to handle.

#46 Posted by XLR87T3 (9712 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:
@pharoh_atem said:

Men.

Actually PSI wise a swing from a baseball bat would probably be quite a bit higher than a bite from a wolf, but Bear's have good blunt force durability, so a wolf bite might do more damage just because it might be able to cut an artery. Though a wolf bite would probably do practically nothing to a 900 lb grizzly as well.

According to this article the swing of a baseball bat from a major league player is over 8,000 lbs of force, and above any living animal, but below a T-rex.

https://diamondkinetics.com/how-much-force-is-applied-when-bat-meets-ball/

A horse kick supposedly has 2,000 lbs of force, so that would be less as well.

Not saying the men win this though.

That's based on a controlled environment where a human has time and space to fully wind up and hit a non-living projectile that only went one direction and didn't dodge or attack.

If a horse had to kick a test dummy that didn't move, and had all the time in the world to wind up it's kick, it would make a baseball bat look like a noodle in comparison.

Also, a wolf can take a kick from a horse as well. A 900 lb grizzly bear would no-sold that kick, let alone a baseball bat from squishy glass cannon humans who would be oneshotted by any attack from the bear.

#47 Posted by AlexTheBoss (16978 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3: I agree, the bear's body counters blunt force trauma. A man with a metal bat would beat a wolf pretty easily though.

#48 Posted by Buckwheat (2259 posts) - - Show Bio

Bear vs regular men = bear stomps

Bear vs comic vine men = bear dies horribly.