#1 Posted by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Edited by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is that oop defending the Marvel Captain Marvel. Warner Bros. about to recast this moron. Hell they are the ones who secretly funded the review raid.... I've said too much

#3 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

The definition of class.

#4 Posted by Captainplanet (106 posts) - - Show Bio

<p> Soyboy</p><p>Will boycott his movie too!</p>

#5 Posted by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

The definition of class.

Agreed. It takes real character to do the right thing when it means going up against your "supporters".

#6 Posted by LowMageKage (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Why don't you manbabies use some real insults?

Anyway OP, looks like the manbabies are here.

#7 Posted by phisigmatau (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

lol there were no fake reviews smh

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16557 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want a new Shazam trailer

#9 Posted by Aros001 (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

It's something I think about a lot, how much I like Marvel and DC but hate their fans. It's always really nice to see an actor playing one of the heroes acting more like the character than the character's fans.

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
#10 Posted by JimJaspers20675 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

Class from him, I hope both films are great at the box-office. Will probaly be called out by stupid DC fans now lul.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#11 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

It's something I think about a lot, how much I like Marvel and DC but hate their fans. It's always really nice to see an actor playing one of the heroes acting more like the character than the character's fans.

the ppl that are creating hate between Marvel and DC aren't even real fans. They're just culture vultures who think their cool for liking superheroes now that it's part of pop culture. Before the MCU I don't think the competition between DC and Marvel was ever this toxic, it was more of a friendly competition and unique preference. And back then people who preferred Marvel still enjoyed DC comics (and Vice versa) whereas now it's like North or South Korea LOL

#12 Edited by Heatforce (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

What Brie said was racist and sexist. Nothing wrong with calling it out. Had she said "I don't care what 40 year old Latino critics have to say about A Wrinkle in Time..." she would have been rebuked by everyone and who knows, Disney may have recast her. Brie is her own worst enemey. That stated I can appreciate calling for peace amongst the fans. I don't wish the MCU ill will, I just can't stand Larson 🤷‍♂️

#13 Posted by Aros001 (3664 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

the ppl that are creating hate between Marvel and DC aren't even real fans. They're just culture vultures who think their cool for liking superheroes now that it's part of pop culture. Before the MCU I don't think the competition between DC and Marvel was ever this toxic, it was more of a friendly competition and unique preference. And back then people who preferred Marvel still enjoyed DC comics (and Vice versa) whereas now it's like North or South Korea LOL

Personally I think it's a mix. There's definitely plenty of the people you're talking about, but there are plenty of people who were comic fans for years before the MCU who are just looking for excuses to treat people badly. You have that whole "Gatekeeping" thing, where the older fans say the newer ones are not allowed to call themselves real fans because xyz reasons. There are just some people want to bully and troll, be they the ones that came in because of the MCU or were there before and now just have the opportunity for more attention on their harassment.

#14 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd said:

The definition of class.

Yep, yep.

Yet I still think his movie will be better. =)

#15 Edited by Nucleon (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:

Why is that oop defending the Marvel Captain Marvel. Warner Bros. about to recast this moron. Hell they are the ones who secretly funded the review raid.... I've said too much

They didn't need to fund much if that's so... The geek community (their clientele, mind you) are still sore after the Last Jedi...

#16 Edited by Mrnoital (8097 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

lol there were no fake reviews smh

there actually were, but only on twitter or somewhere online

#17 Posted by FaradaySloth (10045 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol this is just too funny.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#18 Edited by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11858 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by hyiena (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: Are those real reviews? They are so crazy it seems like they were joking.

#20 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel sucked. Repeated animal abuse, racism, unnecessary nudity, and intense gun violence, not to mention it retcons all our fan favorites into strong independent women.

#21 Edited by Supermanthor (20127 posts) - - Show Bio

@solar_nerd: @mrmonster: Now I started to like him no matter what the movie will become ( hope it's good )

There's no doubt the main actor of the flim is really good human being to become a fan of him :)

#22 Posted by mrmonster (15568 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Completely agree. I have a ton of respect for Zachary Levi for doing this, I hope his career as Shazam ends up being successful for him.

#23 Posted by MAZAHS117 (12716 posts) - - Show Bio

C’mon Zach, I know you know how weird people get with these make-believe characters

#24 Posted by Tomkatie (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ve made it clear that I am not a fan of Carol Danvers, but Brie Larson or the upcoming movie has no effect on that. It’s dumb to hope it does anything but well, and I plan on buying tickets, if only to spite the manbabies who decided this one actress is somehow worse than the scientologists and sexual harassers who make box office billions

#25 Posted by Tomkatie (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:

Captain Marvel sucked. Repeated animal abuse, racism, unnecessary nudity, and intense gun violence, not to mention it retcons all our fan favorites into strong independent women.

Well, it's settled

I am definitely seeing this movie in theaters!

#26 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie said:
@dogzee said:

Well, it's settled

Did I mention the strong feminazi agenda that's anti-objectifying women? Instead it's countered with insane amounts of Nick Fury buns and hotdog flashes.

#27 Posted by Tomkatie (3368 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:
@tomkatie said:
@dogzee said:

Well, it's settled

Did I mention the strong feminazi agenda that's anti-objectifying women? Instead it's countered with insane amounts of Nick Fury buns and hotdog flashes.

I've literally never preordered a ticket faster in my life

#28 Edited by phisigmatau (1982 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: ahahh those are soo fake its not even funny

some of them look like parodies of what the far right would say

#29 Posted by Supermanthor (20127 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Farkam (12036 posts) - - Show Bio

C’mon Zach, I know you know how weird people get with these make-believe characters

#31 Posted by Fabricolage (1963 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff. Both movies deserve a shot.

#32 Posted by Mutant1230 (6623 posts) - - Show Bio

Zachary Levi is awesome

#33 Edited by Brittonic_para (244 posts) - - Show Bio

For as much contempt as I have against brie and how underwhelming the trailers for Capt marvel were for me (still Gonna see it, mind you, I mean at the very least it should be okay. It's an mcu movie, and the effects like amazing), when I saw that zack said this I gained so much respect for him and now I cant wait to see shazam even more. I really hope that he is the one the bring In the DC golden age of movies, he deserves it.

#34 Posted by Michaelbn (2407 posts) - - Show Bio

Zachary is saying don't pit them against each other, he isn't saying anything about the SJW stuff; so, yup, class from him.

Avatar image for wacko_from_waco
#35 Posted by wacko_from_waco (235 posts) - - Show Bio

"when Carol used the cat for target practice" lol...so obviously fake.

#36 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16368 posts) - - Show Bio

What Brie said was racist and sexist. Nothing wrong with calling it out. Had she said "I don't care what 40 year old Latino critics have to say about A Wrinkle in Time..." she would have been rebuked by everyone and who knows, Disney may have recast her. Brie is her own worst enemey. That stated I can appreciate calling for peace amongst the fans. I don't wish the MCU ill will, I just can't stand Larson 🤷‍♂️

What did Brie say ?

#37 Posted by Heatforce (6268 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/06/brie-larsons-i-do-not-hate-white-dudes-lack-of-inclusion-film-critics-1201974617/

Avatar image for benjamin_poindexter
#38 Posted by Benjamin_Poindexter (947 posts) - - Show Bio

There was nothing sexist or racist about what she said, unless you lack simple reading comprehension skills. It was just blown out of proportion.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#39 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7537 posts) - - Show Bio

Brie Larson was annoying far before she said those comments shes a boring overrated actress who gets shown up by a CGI cat

#40 Posted by MarlboroMan (2901 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

I agree with you. There wasn't this much seperation back in the day, and why would there be they use same writers and pencilers and same type of direction most of the time. This north side south side thing is part of the popular culture, the second these movies made comic characters a bit ''cool'' those fake fans splurged all over here. It's like the popular culture's lifestyle to be a fanboy and hater. Look at Iphone vs Smartphones, PC vs Consoles and vice versa..

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#41 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat said:

I agree with you. There wasn't this much seperation back in the day, and why would there be they use same writers and pencilers and same type of direction most of the time. This north side south side thing is part of the popular culture, the second these movies made comic characters a bit ''cool'' those fake fans splurged all over here. It's like the popular culture's lifestyle to be a fanboy and hater. Look at Iphone vs Smartphones, PC vs Consoles and vice versa..

Yeah exactly! MoS had it's flaws but it didn't deserve the criticism it received. Most of it were people who felt threatened by a competing Comic universe that went against their new found love the MCU. and it keep going on and on, people threatened to boycott Aquaman because it was similar to Black Panther (idk how) and people threatened to boycott Captain Marvel because Shazam was named Captain Marvel first...it's so dumb, it actually makes enjoying this new age of comic book movies difficult because everybody I seem to discuss these movies with in real life seem to have some sort of hatred for DC or Marvel.

@aros001 said:

Personally I think it's a mix. There's definitely plenty of the people you're talking about, but there are plenty of people who were comic fans for years before the MCU who are just looking for excuses to treat people badly. You have that whole "Gatekeeping" thing, where the older fans say the newer ones are not allowed to call themselves real fans because xyz reasons. There are just some people want to bully and troll, be they the ones that came in because of the MCU or were there before and now just have the opportunity for more attention on their harassment.

That's actually a solid point, I'd be lying if I said i didn't see that type of behaviour from long time fans first hand. Some dude I talked with at a restaurant in Chicago really tried testing my knowledge on the Justice League because I said the movie kinda sucked LOL...he had no idea who he messed with :P but you're right people are just toxic all around