Will Thor be Fat Thor for good now?

Posted by ThorofAsgard (808 posts) 4 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Will Thor be Fat Thor for good now? (85 votes)

Yes 16%
No 84%

Do you think we have seen the last of fit Thor in the MCU and he’ll remain in the “Fat” state, or will he somehow go back to his regular self in future movies? Also does it matter to you?

#1 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (3411 posts) - - Show Bio

If we ever do see him again, I suspect it'll be medium weight, (like how Groot is currently medium size, not his strongest but not his weakest).

#2 Posted by Hemehero (1318 posts) - - Show Bio

Na i think in Guardians 3 he will be back to normal. Him and Quill might have even been working out together

#3 Posted by Mister_Surreal (12208 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s not likely, people are going to get tired of the idea and want the old Thor back.

#4 Posted by StormShadow_X (17531 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol no

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc7073397bd
#5 Posted by deactivated-5ccc7073397bd (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure by the time Guardians 3 comes around he'll be back in shape. He'll likely be alternating turns on the Bowflex with Quill.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c
#6 Edited by deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares. Thor will not be in Guardians 3 and if he is he won't be a star lmao.

If I'm wrong then this just shows how stupid a character Thor has become, literally devolving into a joke who is so weak he fits right in to the Guardians of the Galaxy. Ragnarok+ for Thor is pathetic. No longer the god of thunder but a sparkly comedian

#7 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36988 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I get Thor fans are upset or concerned, but do we need 5 different threads on Fat Thor? Basically asking the same line of questions? No Regular Thor will return as the actor mentioned he still has to work out. And he just signed a new contract. Eventually he will return and probably become super powerful.

#8 Posted by ThorofAsgard (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckycharmz: I think you should probably watch this, he’s not going anywhere anytime soon..

https://youtu.be/RKmfCYtMF7U

#9 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I do t get crucified for this but Thor at the end of engage during the battle was the most Badass Thor I’ve ever seen.

He actually looked like a real Viking.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c
#10 Posted by deactivated-5ccc5f861ec2c (182 posts) - - Show Bio

@emanresu_20: Which is dumb and you don't seem to know what a viking is. Thor or any of the gods are not vikings. He looked goofy and lame

Hulk looked better even with one arm

#11 Posted by Heatforce (6882 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not

#12 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

@luckycharmz:

It’s just my opinion man. I though the wild long hair and braided beard along with the lightning eyes was badass.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#13 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17932 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not. His portrayal here was disappointing.

Avatar image for captain_narlowe
#14 Posted by Captain_Narlowe (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea, but it would at least surprise me a bit.

#15 Edited by tethadam (1418 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to imagine Thor working out. The dumbell would be the size of houses.

Maybe he can workout where he made stormbreaker

Avatar image for chicago_bastard
#16 Posted by chicago_bastard (370 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll get back to shape for Guardians 3 so him and Quill can engage in a contest over who's more attractive to Gamora and whose muscles she ends up massaging.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#17 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (18836 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt it

#18 Posted by KingOfWakanda (3380 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Hemsworth wants to spend hours putting on a fat suit everyday (again) so he'll probably be back to fighting shape for his next appearance.

#19 Posted by Au_141 (1202 posts) - - Show Bio

GoTG3 might show his transition in a comedic way knowing how the series works

#20 Posted by g2_ (12808 posts) - - Show Bio

He is definitely not staying fat.

#21 Posted by PayneInTheAss (12902 posts) - - Show Bio

I don´t think so, but him being fat with the Guardians has a lot of comedic potential

#22 Posted by PenguinDust (9947 posts) - - Show Bio

@hemehero said:

Na i think in Guardians 3 he will be back to normal. Him and Quill might have even been working out together

I could see them as gym buddies; spotting each other and shouting encouragements.

"Feel the cosmic burn"

#23 Posted by Black_Arrow (10301 posts) - - Show Bio

@au_141 said:

GoTG3 might show his transition in a comedic way knowing how the series works

#24 Posted by phillip33 (4594 posts) - - Show Bio

I can easily see a training montage where peter needs to push his body to the limit to get back into shape in a couple of months, and Thor doing casual exercises and getting shredded in like a week.

#25 Posted by g2_ (12808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Penguin-Dust: Jesus is the photo, real? His arm is huge.

#26 Posted by ByondEon (2987 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind him being slightly fat if he manages to still be able to kick everyone's assess..

#27 Posted by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@hemehero said:

I could see them as gym buddies; spotting each other and shouting encouragements.

"Feel the cosmic burn"

The bad photoshop on Hemsworth there is disturbin me more than it probably should. You can see the point at his forearm where it cuts off, and no way his rear delt is that big.

#28 Posted by mtuske (3590 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be a weak douche canoe in Gaurdians 3 but hopefully back to or improved for Thor 4. They pretty much have to amp others with Marvel setting the bar and others coming. No reason Thor should be far beneath them. I do like funny Thor though.

#29 Posted by Stefano (2618 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not

#30 Posted by Gree1 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so

#31 Posted by GeraltsOpinion (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians 3 should start with a workout montage too some catchy tunes. Both of them are getting back in shape. Starlord is using a Bowflex while Thor is lifting massive objects. Starlord looks at him feeling Insecure. They can work that funny angle from infinity war where Peter feels inferior to the godman.

#32 Edited by Namebk (1844 posts) - - Show Bio

@geraltsopinion said:

Guardians 3 should start with a workout montage too some catchy tunes. Both of them are getting back in shape. Starlord is using a Bowflex while Thor is lifting massive objects. Starlord looks at him feeling Insecure. They can work that funny angle from infinity war where Peter feels inferior to the godman.

Lol they could make it like Rocky.

Avatar image for christianrapper
#33 Posted by christianrapper (6605 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not. That was due to the plot. They had to take him somewhat off the table.

#34 Posted by Richubs (7528 posts) - - Show Bio

No chance.

He'll now be the powerful heavy hitter who will hold off the massive threat while The Guardians will do the small stuff.

He will be buff by the time GOTG 3 comes out.

#35 Posted by MorbusGrav (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course not.

#36 Posted by PenguinDust (9947 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I didn't create the shot, and it looks like it originally came from an exposé Men's Health (UK edition) magazine online did on Hemsworth's trainer. Found this out on the internets, as well.

No Caption Provided

#37 Edited by Chimeroid (9274 posts) - - Show Bio

@chimeroid: I didn't create the shot, and it looks like it originally came from an exposé Men's Health (UK edition) magazine online did on Hemsworth's trainer. Found this out on the internets, as well.

No Caption Provided

Yeah. that's actually a lot more reasonable as far as rear delt goes. Still awesome, but possible.