Posted by Triplek (232 posts) 1 month, 14 days ago

Poll: will there be a thor 4? (49 votes)

yes 55%
no 14%
results 10%
thor can appear in other movies like eternals 20%

actor chris hemsworth has said time and time again he would like to another thor film, but kevin feige is unwilling to talk about any of the phase 4 movies so it could go either way. personally thor 4 would be profitable for marvel ,capitalising on the goodwill built by ragnarok. whats your stances on this.

#1 Posted by Darkthunder (2762 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so, but there can be a possibility

#2 Edited by tethadam (587 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so

#3 Edited by Mr_Shazam0920 (4923 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope we haven’t seen the last of Thor.

#4 Posted by phisigmatau (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Lan_Fan (14866 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely not, MCU usually sticks with solo movie trilogies.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#6 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (16601 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope not

#7 Posted by Supermanthor (20245 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so 🙏

#8 Edited by WoahPerk (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would there be. Thor Ragnarok was only popular because

1. Had Hulk and marketed him as being the secondary star

2. Colorful and explosiony trailers

2. Once all the casuals took the bait they then were hooked with the stupid comedy that almost everyone in this degenerate population today go crazy for but only the minority including myself see Ragnajoke as a weird parody that stands out not only from its trilogy but the entire MCU as a whole, closest movie to it is GOTG2 and even that is better to me AND I HATE GUARDIANS.

So in order for Thor 4 to be as popular it would have to be a repeat of Ragnarok. Everyone is out of character and a joke is cracked everyone 5 seconds with no stakes or sense of real danger along with a simple easily followed and watered down plot.

If anything I want a Hulk movie. And if I can't get that give me Ironman 4.

#9 Posted by CyberpunkCop (3406 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be stupid not to have Thor 4

#10 Posted by tethadam (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@woahperk: So why cant they make it spacebound and involve new characters?

#11 Posted by Eobard21 (6154 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully

#12 Edited by WoahPerk (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam: Because all my previous points will still happen. Asgardians of the Galaxy super comedy. I'd rather they not even touch Thor 4, rather he just dies or becomes inactive.

#13 Posted by Magian (151761 posts) - - Show Bio

Ragnarok was too successful for them not to make another.

#14 Edited by TheSentinell (939 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by WoahPerk (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@thesentinell: Sometimes I look in the mirror and get hurt by how powerful I am feeling

#16 Posted by WoahPerk (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@magian: Yet 3 movies they made after were much more successful. Ironman 3 made more and we never got a 4th.

#17 Posted by Magian (151761 posts) - - Show Bio

@woahperk: I think that had to do more with RDJ and less with how successful the movie was.

#18 Edited by TobyMaguire (432 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor Ragnarok director is working on Akira and there is no indication of Thor 4. Also MCU formula is Trilogy and move on to new character franchise. Thor may be relegated to supporting roles in other solo movies like RDJ.

#19 Posted by TheSentinell (939 posts) - - Show Bio

@woahperk: doesn't answer the question,but okay

#20 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe.

#21 Posted by Yassassin (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless a lot of retcons happen in Endgame, a future Thor film will be too far removed from the franchise to really even see as Thor. There's no Asgard, no Odin, no Loki, no Warrior Three, no Freya, no Hela, no anything. I guess they can do JMS's Thor but I dont think they've set it up well.

#22 Posted by ByondEon (1233 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofc he will be. Thor + Carol Danvers will end up together after all..

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (9171 posts) - - Show Bio

I think so, because of Ragnarok and some discussion out of Hollywood about a three part Hulk substory told in other character’s movies since Disney can’t make a solo Hulk film. More Thor makes the most sense for this if they plan to go forward with that idea.

#24 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait and see.

#25 Posted by ImMadNice (1382 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Thor 4 with Gorr after Eternals. Eternals can introduce some gods and higher beings. Thor 4 will follow the time traveling comics God Butcher and Godbomb. Take my money now.

#26 Posted by Batvibe12 (5720 posts) - - Show Bio

There's a chance.

#27 Posted by phisigmatau (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless a lot of retcons happen in Endgame, a future Thor film will be too far removed from the franchise to really even see as Thor. There's no Asgard, no Odin, no Loki, no Warrior Three, no Freya, no Hela, no anything. I guess they can do JMS's Thor but I dont think they've set it up well.

Odin's always sleep, Loki can easily come back (lol cmon bro), Freya is hardly that involved.. Gonna Miss Heimy but Sif isn't totally gon.. You still have Baldr as well. Lots of stories you can use. I saw Gorr ideas floating around. What about Thor alone vs the Celestials? That would be crazy.

#28 Posted by AirDave (182 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is a Thor 4, I would guess it would be farther down the road; and, most likely launch a second trilogy. I would imagine there would have to be a fresh story and a different direction to go in. I'm kinda surprised that Asgard was trashed, along with most of the Asgardians - but then, Endgame could undo all of that...? Until then, Hemsworth might "guest-star" in other films.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#29 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

BRING MANGOG!!!!!

#30 Posted by ImMadNice (1382 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Soro (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would there be? MCU only does trilogies. I don't understand all the people saying just because it was popular it should get a sequel. Um Iron Man 3 made ×2 more and it didn't get a 4th installment... More popular and better character with a bigger actor didn't make it so what hope does Thor have?

#32 Posted by jb681131 (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope not

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#33 Posted by EternalDarkFury (1778 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternaldarkfury: he’d break the forums

I agree. I honestly feel like he wouldnt be the type they would nerf so hard either.

#34 Posted by antithetical (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Thor alone vs the Celestials? That would be crazy.

I was actually thinking along those same lines earlier this week when I was considering replying to a similar discussion in either the Thor forums or General discussion.

#35 Posted by RabumAlal (5176 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 1 and 2 shouldn’t count imo, so we should get Thor 2 now.

#36 Posted by phisigmatau (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by antithetical (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: I was thinking that with the Eternals rumored to be added to the MCU a Thor 4 would be a great way to introduce them. I'm imagining a story drawing from The Eternals Saga with elements from the Tom DeFalco penned Alone Against The Celestials arc.

#38 Posted by mrmonster (15603 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, looks like he's a Guardian of the Galaxy now.

#39 Posted by RavenVice01 (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: very true. If they had set precedence for quadrilogies then they would have done it with Iron Man first. Iron Man's remaining rogue gallery will have to be integrated for others like Ghost was for Ant-Man.

As for Thor, Lady Sif will get her own series. More likely she will face off against Enchantress, the Norns, and quite possibly the Serpent Society who worship the Serpent. For Thor, the Trolls could be utilized in Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

#40 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll probably be used to hype up Adam Warlock.

I honestly didn't care for Ragnarok unpopular opinion I know. So I might be biased in saying I think Thor's better fit where he's headed then another solo.

#41 Posted by Stefano (2551 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope so

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#42 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4115 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by thehunter (3566 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope so. I mean, there are storylines that can still be used with his romance with Sif, his sister Hela still being alive, revival of Asgard, his other siblings that could be somewhere in the universe, his biological mother as well as Original Sins stuff to pass on the hammer to Jane or whatever.

I'm reaching. Probably not gonna happen if I'm being realistic, which is kinda sad how they butchered him in Endgame.

#44 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: I like the ideas you mentioned...

Mandarin for Dr Strange; update the Ten Rings syndicate to become magic thieves that Mordo comes across.

And bring back Lady Siff dammit; her vs Enchantress would be great!

#45 Posted by RavenVice01 (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: I'm actually trying to craft a list for Sif but I'm having trouble. Since Thor and Jane are pretty much through do u think the series should bring Thor and Sif back together or should I introduce Balder? Check out my Loki list for Disney Plus maybe you can see things that I'm not capturing.

#46 Posted by RavenVice01 (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: in regards to ur Mandarin vs Dr. Strange idea that could work for a final chapter but the sequel I'm told will involve Nightmare and Strange will undoubtedly have another fight with Dormammu before the trilogy is finished. It's too much to squeeze in especially if u want Fin Fang Foom involved. I would reserve the Mandarin for Shang-Chi or an Agents of Atlas series with Jimmy Woo.

#47 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Oooh, Mandarin for Shang Chi, I like it! I just hope whatever they do with Stranges movies, they make Mordo intergral to it as well. His story left me wanting more of his perspective on magic and where he was going afterwords; and who he could interact with moving forward...

#48 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Will check out the list, and let ya know any thoughts that pop up

#49 Posted by RavenVice01 (4443 posts) - - Show Bio

@deacon218: I'm sure with Nightmare involved he could mess with the inner demons of Mordo, Strange, Hulk and Valkyrie. You could have a semi complete team of the defenders in dr. Strange 2 going up against Nightmare. In fact, I'm trying to get that list off the ground but I'm not sure how to compose it. Ur insight would be appreciated and recognized when its finished.

#50 Posted by deacon218 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Not sure really, didnt really read any of their comics growing up, but will try anyways for fun...