Who's decision was it to make MCU Thanos a brick?

• 90 results
Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like who was in charge of this choice? Feige? The Russos? It's pretty pathetic that he's poorly portrayed inconsistent brick with sorry striking and no lifting feats besides overexerting to pick up Hulk.

Also sad that despite the statements and years building him up, in reality he never was the most powerful being, when people look back they are just going to see Prime Thor, who should not be. Captain Marvel who really shouldn't be.

Hela is more powerful than him, it would've been respectful if she was in same tier. And so is Surtur and Ego. Why were his abilities forfeited? They could have atleast had the decency to make him seem like the literal strongest and not struggle to kill a pinned down Thor and fail to actually K.O Cap 3 times.

He's really just some durable guy skilled in melee. By scaling he isn't even stronger than Hulk anymore which was ambiguous in Infinity War because they gave an unclear answer on wether he was stronger and alluded he could've overpowered Hulk through some sort of skill, guess it's confirmed now.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol but I do get why the made him that way.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He still hits harder than DCEU Superman tho

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lmao, he's actually pathetic for a teambuster.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Marvel has so many street levelers that they have to Nerf every powerful guys so can they make thier a list street levelers look cooler

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

He still hits harder than DCEU Superman tho

Stop trying to troll ?

I hope you are, I'm literally laughing because besides you I've seen other people saying the same and they just might be serious. How sad to be able to think so. Nam-Ek 5 shots Thanos. Probably 1 shots with his train feat.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dEm fEaTZ

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: DCEU Superman shouldn’t be the bar for MCU characters, because the MCU has characters more powerful than him.

Like who? The only being in the MCU that comes to mind is the common battle formum non-combatant Dormammu. Superman plows through the MCU, period. Ego theoretically should but he was too much of a jobber and I haven't seen the movie in years but his celestial fight with Star-Lord was wack and I'm pretty sure his best feat is using his planetary manipulation to struggle to stop the Guardians from escaping in a spaceship.

Surtur's WAY too slow and gets knocked over repeatedly before Superman goes right through him, Hulk leaping made him stumble and we know how weak he is lmao, a flying hyper sonic Kryptonian stomps. Hela can't even pierce Kryptonian skin with her blades, so she gets rekt much like her brother Slowdinson who stands a better chance if Supes lets him summon sky lightning, which still wouldn't land him a win just .5% better odds.

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie would be over once he arrived on earth if he was at those power levels, dceu style. He wouldn't even need an army

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you heard it here guys^surtur, ego, hela and thor would lose to superman...jeez whats next, 616 hulk would lose to dceu supes cause hes just a statue?

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The movie would be over once he arrived on earth if he was at those power levels, dceu style. He wouldn't even need an army

Ain't nobody proclaiming he should've been DCEU level, I literally listed examples of fellow MCU heroes and villains who were actually powerful. Being powerful by yourself is no excuse to not have an army backing you up, look at the Asgardians. Both Hela and Thor would solo Thanos and his weak ass army and that's a fact. Thor flies through his ship Captain Marvel Style and Hela does what she did to Surtur to it!

The more I think about it the dumber his portrayal gets to me. Thanos was said to have the biggest army in the universe yet he only has the mindless beasts outriders and Chitauri?? Not even enough to stop a last minute put together of a bunch of militias and no Weapons of Mass Destruction. The National Guard of the United States would stomp Thanos' forces. 1 human nuke decimated the Chitauri forces wtfff

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you heard it here guys^surtur, ego, hela and thor would lose to superman...jeez whats next, 616 hulk would lose to dceu supes cause hes just a statue?

DCEU Superman beating MCU Thor is a normal opinion from what I've seen here. It's 50/50 split between the site. You bringing up Surtur and Ego is funny and I'd love to CaV you on either one to see how you fail to make an argument. Ego SUCKED. Sure he was immortal and pretty cool guy at first but he was a failure on his own planet and sub sonic mid tier Star-Lord managed to beat him, meaning he's that same level. Surtur literally can not EVER tag Superman and he's been moved by the Hulk jumping, Superman puts him on his ass and rips out his crown.

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: because star lord had celestial powers and he was going to lose unless the bomb detonated as well as the fact that ego needed him as a battery? how would superman hurt ego who has molecular regeneration and know specifically to go to the planets brain in a situation where he thinks he's just fighting a guy that can heal. surtur was moved in combination of hulk's weight and in surprise that he got jumped as pointed out by the directors. in additon, surtur would be considered fast for a giant as he moved his sword through one end of asgard to another in seconds and fast enough to part clouds in the mountain range.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: you just names me someone who’s more powerful than Superman and let’s be real here, so is Ego. So Superman shouldn’t be the bar for MCU.

Neither of the two are winning against Superman lol. Especially not Ego. Go ahead and pull his feats and I will give you a detailed breakdown of why whatever you pull is weak af, I can literally mentally picture all of his feats... He has nothing. Don't waste your time.

Surtur might as well change his last name to Slowdinson. Lmfao you really think Surtur has a chance? Im tearing up, enlighten me. Show me Surtur swinging around that slow heavy ass sword to reach those hypersonic nuke level strikes

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should have at least kept those energy projections he's got in the comics - or at least a device of some kind. People often forget Thanos is a powerful energy projector.

chuggachugga170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: ill assume you didnt mean superman attacks at nuke levels. anyway show me superman's greatest punching feat and a calc for it

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nucleon

@marvelx13: Neither of the two are winning against Superman lol. Especially not Ego. Go ahead and pull his feats and I will give you a detailed breakdown of why whatever you pull is weak af, I can literally mentally picture all of his feats... He has nothing. Don't waste your time.

Surtur might as well change his last name to Slowdinson. Lmfao you really think Surtur has a chance? Im tearing up, enlighten me. Show me Surtur swinging around that slow heavy ass sword to reach those hypersonic nuke level strikes

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13:

The irony is he’s the only team buster in the comic films everyone else lost there team battles lol he’s in the top 5 of the mcu easily depending what you base it on and obv Dormammu and Surtur being the exceptions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13:

Neither Thor or Hela are soling Thanos with his armor on especially lol Thor doesn’t stand a chance it’s been shown 3 times.

Hela could potentially if she keeps building her power in Asgard, I have her slightly below Thanos in power and skill but she’s on his level due to Regen and Blade hax.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bayman007

It was the same guys who screwed the Hulk over... just to introduce the cump, who has a deflated vocal sack for chin.

Well it didn't work. Thanos was lame. The Hulk will always be incredible...and would smash him to bits.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuggachugga170 said:

DCEU Superman beating MCU Thor is a normal opinion from what I've seen here. It's 50/50 split between the site. You bringing up Surtur and Ego is funny and I'd love to CaV you on either one to see how you fail to make an argument. Ego SUCKED. Sure he was immortal and pretty cool guy at first but he was a failure on his own planet and sub sonic mid tier Star-Lord managed to beat him, meaning he's that same level. Surtur literally can not EVER tag Superman and he's been moved by the Hulk jumping, Superman puts him on his ass and rips out his crown.

Supes would own Thor, he wouldn't keep up with him. I pretty much agree with the rest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

I agree about the Hulk he’s not been great to me since AOU , Ragnarok was not bad.

Disagree on Thanos he was great in both films there wasn’t much I could complain about considering the task they had filming two films of that scale.

Bayman007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bayman007:

You must be one of the good guys haha cheers mate.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: DCEU Superman shouldn’t be the bar for MCU characters, because the MCU has characters more powerful than him.

I know. The OP went through the trouble of creating this thread just to lowball a character. I kind of figured that he'd probably not like a comparison with what I assume is the character he'd usually side with on the battle forum.

Considering his response, seems like I hit the bullseye.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares?

He served his purpose. He was a threat. What more do you wa-- oh wait... I realize I'm in a thread full of the one dimensional thinkers of the battle forum. Never mind.

Proceed.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never understood making an entire thread to ask a question that nobody here would know the answer to.

TheVVitchKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh god this thread is pure cringe

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: I wasn’t talking about Surtur, I was talking about Dormammu and Ego.

Yes to Dormammu. No to Ego. Prove he can.

@marvelx13: ill assume you didnt mean superman attacks at nuke levels. anyway show me superman's greatest punching feat and a calc for it

Pretend that Nam-Ek is Thanos. The purple weakling can't even replicate this
Pretend that Nam-Ek is Thanos. The purple weakling can't even replicate this
Thanos dies of broken rib cages impaling his collapsed lungs
Thanos dies of broken rib cages impaling his collapsed lungs

@marvelx13:

The irony is he’s the only team buster in the comic films everyone else lost there team battles lol he’s in the top 5 of the mcu easily depending what you base it on and obv Dormammu and Surtur being the exceptions.

Um no Doomsday is a far more powerful teambuster against a far more powerful team who would teambust the Avengers like Thanos did, he also won his battle because he killed Superman. Thanos is below top 5 in the MCU, go read through some respect threads of the names mentioned.

@marvelx13:

Neither Thor or Hela are soling Thanos with his armor on especially lol Thor doesn’t stand a chance it’s been shown 3 times.

Hela could potentially if she keeps building her power in Asgard, I have her slightly below Thanos in power and skill but she’s on his level due to Regen and Blade hax.

Yes they are. An out of shape Thor who was drastically nerfed and made stupid by PIS to not use his abilities just so Cap could shine went against Thanos, in his prime and without nerf he slaughters. Hela does Thanos even worse, his weak ass armor is getting destroyed.

Enough with the stupid NLF case. What Hela does on Asgard she can replicate everywhere else, the boost she recieved was insignificant and made no difference. She's already stronger than Thanos after thousands of years of being imprisoned. Give her a uru weapon like Stormbreaker and Thanos doesn't have a chance.

@rbt said:
@ready_4_madness said:

I know. The OP went through the trouble of creating this thread just to lowball a character. I kind of figured that he'd probably not like a comparison with what I assume is the character he'd usually side with on the battle forum.

Considering his response, seems like I hit the bullseye.

Thanos is weak, get over it.

Who cares?

He served his purpose. He was a threat. What more do you wa-- oh wait... I realize I'm in a thread full of the one dimensional thinkers of the battle forum. Never mind.

Proceed.

Only a threat through PIS and nerfing. Still a high mid tier who isn't even top 6 in his universe.

I never understood making an entire thread to ask a question that nobody here would know the answer to.

Ok

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't weak, besides what does it matter he was a fantastic villain. They probably didn't give him his other powers because the GA would confuse them with the infinity stones and it would make him ridiculously op lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13:

I don’t need to read respect threads again I know most of them I also don’t want to discuss this further I only like comic debates not fanboy debates from which I have seen enough from you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: haha pretty much spot on.

I don’t know why some people have such venom about this I love most of the movies either side of the fence some people just don’t like to look at the characters objectively.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvelx13: the train feat is only around 467 tons of force. That’s nothing compared to thor’s Hits and thanos>thor

Avatar image for deactivated-5d28a8d99844a
deactivated-5d28a8d99844a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He really isn't that impressed without the stones

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By brucerogers

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What exactly were you hoping to accomplish with this thread?

butthurt

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

But of course this had to turn into a "debate" about Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa
deactivated-5d5789e65ebaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_titan_ said:

Ain't nobody proclaiming he should've been DCEU level, I literally listed examples of fellow MCU heroes and villains who were actually powerful. Being powerful by yourself is no excuse to not have an army backing you up, look at the Asgardians. Both Hela and Thor would solo Thanos and his weak ass army and that's a fact. Thor flies through his ship Captain Marvel Style and Hela does what she did to Surtur to it!

The more I think about it the dumber his portrayal gets to me. Thanos was said to have the biggest army in the universe yet he only has the mindless beasts outriders and Chitauri?? Not even enough to stop a last minute put together of a bunch of militias and no Weapons of Mass Destruction. The National Guard of the United States would stomp Thanos' forces. 1 human nuke decimated the Chitauri forces wtfff

Fair enough, but why do you think thanos was portrayed badly. Thor himself isnt weak by any means, a thor not holding back with all his legitimate feats would give have thanos a good fight 7/10 times. I'd say thanos was portrayed quite well, obviously true comic fans know thanos should have other abilities but it would make no sense to introduce a villain with powers without having some sort of character development, when thanos was first introduced in the 1980's im certain he did not have all of these fancy power ups. As for his army it was not weak. Theres a reason doctor strange had to summon all of earths heroes to that point. Thanos was only attacking earth with one ship, im sure he had tech that could wipe out earth but he wouldn't risk doing that without knowing where the gauntlet was first. The kree were terrified of thanos and you saw the tech that they had. PIS exists in every storyline and the writers can't address every single one.

Rebake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good thing power levels are not all people look for in a movie...

Tronmest35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tronmest35

What did u want exactly? U should have known that the foundation of the MCU will for a long time, be based on humans. If they made him consistent with the comics, then even u have to admit, the avengers wouldn't realistically stand a chance.

I get that you are upset, but its much better having a Thanos with well grounded reasons for decimating the universe rather than his love, or should I say obsession with Lady Death.

GeraltsOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man gets punched through a building barely scratched. Thanos shatters same armor in one hit.... You don't need snyderverse dbz battles to show someone hit hard.

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bump.