• 60 results
Avatar image for floydfromhell97
Posted by floydfromhell97 (649 posts) 2 months, 25 days ago

Poll: MCU:Could Thanos(with/without IG) lift Thor’s hammer? (53 votes)

Yes 32%
No 70%
#51 Edited by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@lucano said:

@rajjar: with less scientific resources, there is literally no way to actually do it... Specially if the genocide is random... Sure, way to go. And we only know of one planet in which HE claims it worked. We don't even know if it REALLY worked. A guy who needlessly murders and tortures, may very well lying about it.

True, but many MCU civilizations are vastly superior to our own. They even got the fuel for high-speed space travel. I'll have to read more into Titan: Consumed if it confirms anything.

#52 Posted by Lucano (3442 posts) - - Show Bio

@rajjar: I'd like to know that too, but as it is. It really seems like he was just blinded by both rage and ego and made a lot of bad and uneducated choices.

#53 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16139 posts) - - Show Bio

For god's sake people, watch the movies and pay attention, Hela was NOT worthy.

#54 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio

For god's sake people, watch the movies and pay attention, Hela was NOT worthy.

#55 Posted by Floopay (11224 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairly certain Odin decides who is and isn't worthy. Seeing as Thor became worthy again specifically when Odin saw what he did during his Odin sleep, and was no longer worthy when Odin decided he wasn't on a whim. Even Captain America, someone whom Odin likely saw may be worthy, might have been allowed to wield it under certain circumstances decided by Odin. Which is why he could budge it; but not move it.

We also don't know if Hela was still Worthy. She could block it; but we don't know if she could wield it. And I wouldn't be surprised if she destroyed it knowing how powerful the weapon was, and knowing she couldn't leave it about.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
#56 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (4632 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.

#57 Posted by Rajjar (1772 posts) - - Show Bio

@lucano said:

@rajjar: I'd like to know that too, but as it is. It really seems like he was just blinded by both rage and ego and made a lot of bad and uneducated choices.

Yeah, that's true. I wonder why he is so sure of himself, though. Quite a lot of disconnect with reality, and he's the one who ends up wielding the Reality Stone.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#58 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4086 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin placed the worthy enchantment in the first Thor movie, meaning that Hela being able to wield it before that has no relevance. She was able to hold it at the start of Ragnarok because Odin' s enchantment dissapeared when he died. Thanos is not worthy so he wouldn't be able to lift it without the gauntlet. With the gauntlet he should be able to.

#59 Posted by Fetts (6234 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, the answer should be pretty obvious. Thor and Thanos are at odds. Thor has the hammer; Thanos does not. Just given the fact that they have opposing values and worldviews should be enough to make that determination.

If Thanos was worthy of the hammer, him and Thor would not be at odds.

Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#60 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1612 posts) - - Show Bio

If mentally MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCH more worthy guy than Thor ( captain ) cannot lift so may thanos forget about it