MCU Iron man Armors Inconsistency

DrDeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why do you think is the reason for that ? in some movies his armors are strong , in others they are not ! and now that Civil War has came , it seems like he is wearing a suit made of paper instead of titanium alloy !

How that problem can be solved ?

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot

He'll survive hits that should kill him and he'll get damaged to things to make the other character look good

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot, they need Cap to look good so they let him look good.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was he ever weak? No spoilers please.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cap had the Russo-force in Civil War.

On a serious note, though, it's due to plot. At the Airport, Scarlet Witch spammed more than ten cars on top of Tony, but his suit didn't get that damaged. But later on in Siberia Cap was hurting Tony. Shit doesn't make sense

Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Im3 and CW are the weakest he' been, he's fine in everything else.

That's all I can say without spoiling anything.

ThisIs5ive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drdeadpool: Plot armor. They had to make Cap look good, or, realistically, Iron curbstomps him and WS in seconds.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His armour was not weak in Civil War, people just refuse to accept that

a) he's not that good at fighting in close combat.

b) vibranium is a hell of a weapon

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you know... Cap may actually he that strong... I mean why not? Tony could just kill him with weapons but... Friday even said Tony couldn't beat him in hand to hand ...

Caps just a beast :D

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Context

By the time of their final fight IMs suit was damaged pretty badly through prolonged combat. One of his hand pulsers was broken and one of his foot one's too disabling his ability to fly. Maybe more but I specifically remember that.

Then you put him in a very claustrophobic area forcing him into H2H combat with two of the greatest fighters in the MCU.

To top it all off he was very distressed and not thinking.

Once he collected himself a bit he stopped trying to fight Cap in H2H and let Friday so it then countered with his weapons then pretty much stomped Cap.

It was only Bucky distracting him at the last second that allowed Cap to best him with his shield to his power core.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say that the suit he kept in his helicopter wasn't one of his best, since he didn't know he would be going to fight when he set off on his trip to the Raft.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or you know... Cap may actually he that strong... I mean why not? Tony could just kill him with weapons but... Friday even said Tony couldn't beat him in hand to hand ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9166f233bc2
deactivated-5a9166f233bc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti said:
@pipxeroth said:

@agencyagent34 said:

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People will always find reasons to disagree that Iron Man fought H2H battle with two of the greatest fighters in MCU. Over that both the fighters were Superhumans themselves. Make no mistake this is NOT 616 Cap or Bucky. They are not peak humans or stuff here. They are legit superhumans. Again They had an indestructible shield which has been already portrayed to be able to one shot similar armoured Stark Drones and Ulton Bots. Besides Bucky had a Metal Arm that casually punches holes in concrete or rips off armoured vehicles and stuff. And it's not like the Iron Man Armour was disabled in just a few seconds. It was a prolonged fight with repeated shield strikes. And that shield can do real damage.

What about the moment when even FRIDAY said that Iron Man armour is no match for Cap in H2H. Even Bucky managed to pull off Thor's supergrip on the Armour Gauntlets.

So you tell me. Stark actually did very well against the two. People should stop lowballing stark like this. The mere fact that he was starting to defeat Cap and Unibeamed Bucky is itself a very good showing.

But at the end even I'd agree that Inconsistencies exist in CBM's. What you gonna do. They aren't real anyway. So suck a D**k.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: man you got telepathy or what...??

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot, context and different suits with different power levels.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot convenience what else?

In Iron Man he lifts a car. In Civil War he struggles against Winter Soldier pinning him to the wall? Ridiculous.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: It makes sense when you consider a Vibranium shield coming into play. I don't think Cap's punches actually damaged him too much, but they were knocking him around just like any other hit.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: It makes sense when you consider a Vibranium shield coming into play. I don't think Cap's punches actually damaged him too much, but they were knocking him around just like any other hit.

True.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah it was a much weaker suit. The car's landing on him actually cause injuries through the suit.

Compare this to IM3 where he has his house fall on him then travels a great distance and slams in to the road

Civil War armor is the weakest so far.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inconsistency is one of the things kept accurate from the comics.

/zing

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Better question, why did tony not throw away cap shield.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Tayssti

Another better question. Why didn't Bucky rip Tony's face plate off and crush his face or at-least knock him out. He was overpowering and crushing the suit in other areas with dat dere metal arm of his.

mfr55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mekboy said:

Plot convenience what else?

In Iron Man he lifts a car. In Civil War he struggles against Winter Soldier pinning him to the wall? Ridiculous.

to be fair bucky and cap could probably also lift a car,not throw it just lift it a little above their heads

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mekboy: leverage. You get a guy that's super humanly strong and pins you to a wall , you're going to struggle to get him off of you because he has leverage that can somewhat negate your strength. My thing is even with only one thruster working Tony could have tried to fly off the wall, sorta like he did in IM3.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lantian1

I thought Iron Man caught the car not lifted it

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's not plot it's context. His armor was already damaged when he went to the final showdown and although he was more than willing to kill Bucky, killing Captain America and/or killing any of the other Avengers was never an option. That's why he recruits Spider-Man because he is a non lethal fighter.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Context

By the time of their final fight IMs suit was damaged pretty badly through prolonged combat. One of his hand pulsers was broken and one of his foot one's too disabling his ability to fly. Maybe more but I specifically remember that.

Then you put him in a very claustrophobic area forcing him into H2H combat with two of the greatest fighters in the MCU.

To top it all off he was very distressed and not thinking.

Once he collected himself a bit he stopped trying to fight Cap in H2H and let Friday so it then countered with his weapons then pretty much stomped Cap.

It was only Bucky distracting him at the last second that allowed Cap to best him with his shield to his power core.

Great statement.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His armor was damaged but you have to admit it is a much weaker model than his mk3. Consider the battle he has with Iron Monger

Cap or Bucky can't put out anywhere near that kind of damage. Heck Iron Man got hit with the big missile that blasted him into the air and all he did was fire his repulsors to stop his fall

Iron Monger pulled caps move smashed iron man with a motorcycle into a car then full on kicks him. It was a much weaker suit in civil war

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wait why didn't Tony use his army of iron man suit, I mean he obviously have plenty of them, so why doesn't he use any of them, oh wait is to create one of the best superhero fight in a movie ever, god damn you for being too awesome.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

It's not plot it's context. His armor was already damaged when he went to the final showdown and although he was more than willing to kill Bucky, killing Captain America and/or killing any of the other Avengers was never an option. That's why he recruits Spider-Man because he is a non lethal fighter.

Yep

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This reminds me of the make roman look strong meme

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tayssti: because bucky doesn't have the power of Murica..?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was a weaker suit and yes plot. Still take nothign from Cap he put up a great fight and messed up both Cap and Bucky and this was a Tony not even in a strategic state of mind. This was pure rage and just targeting Bucky a calm Tony would have known to get rid of cap first.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

Better question, why did tony not throw away cap shield.

Cause it wasn't in the script lol. Seriously i don't know too focused on Bucky I guess.

Tayssti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Archangel01

@deltahuman: mcu cap and bucky are hardly superhumans they are just street levers that tires and can be killed by bullets and falling from height,

Nomak and Drake from blade series ,,now these two are legit superhumans who can tank bullets like champs and can send humans flying at least 150 feet in air can make huge craters just landing lol

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The armor was weakened throughout the fight by the soldiers. They didn't fight a weakened Iron-man. Even then, Bucky overpowered Iron-man in the initial scuffle before any other damage was done.

Perhaps it's worth considering that the reason they did so well is not because this Iron-suit must be infinitely weaker then every suit that preceded it, but that the soldiers are two of the best fighters in the MCU and are literally at that level. They're insanely superhuman in their own right, have bucket loads of skill and weapons that may as well have been made to beat Iron-man.

Trying desperately to make up extra context or plot beyond what was already there is counterproductive and lowballing the duo.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just inconsistencies to be expected.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archangel01: Are you a troll !?!?!?!? I have countered this point of yours for countless times and never once did you reply me with a reasonable explanation for why you thick so !!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The armor was weakened throughout the fight by the soldiers. They didn't fight a weakened Iron-man. Even then, Bucky overpowered Iron-man in the initial scuffle before any other damage was done.

Perhaps it's worth considering that the reason they did so well is not because this Iron-suit must be infinitely weaker then every suit that preceded it, but that the soldiers are two of the best fighters in the MCU and are literally at that level. They're insanely superhuman in their own right, have bucket loads of skill and weapons that may as well have been made to beat Iron-man.

Trying desperately to make up extra context or plot beyond what was already there is counterproductive and lowballing the duo.

Exactly this !

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Blackdog2009

@drdeadpool: It stands to reason that Iron Man would mop the floor with the likes of Captain America, WS, BW and Hawkeye, and even Spiderman. He's a moving, humanoid, technologically advanced tank that can fly. So, long range attacks should be his specialty, to the point that he doesn't really need to get physical.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deltahuman

@archangel01: yeah I don't need you to tell me if Cap and Buck are superhumans or not. I can decide for Myself. I've seen all the MCU Movies and Most of The AoS episodes. MCU Cap and Buck are legit low/mid tier superhumans and they beat that Egoistic Eccentric Billionaire called Tony Stark fair and Square.

You can think whatever you want to. Don't have to force your opinion on me. I know better

Archangel01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deltahuman: yeah but they look too weak compared to characters like Nomak and Drake:((i mean nomak would easily rip their spine and heart dude can tank machinery gun like a champ and can jump like 60 feet in air and can send blade away like 150 feet

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archangel01: MCU Cap looks weak compared to MCU Hulk too. Hulk could tear Cap apart if he gets a grip on hip. Doesn't mean Cap isn't a superhuman. I didn't say Cap is invulnerable. I just said he's superhuman and i know it.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SamJackson

Context.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

armor nerfs babyyy. armor nerfs. Being the most skilled fighter in the MCU won't help you tank hits, only plot armor does, and boy did the WW2 duo have some thick plot armor. remember Ironman's actual striking power, in an "inferior" armor?

No Caption Provided

Mexicutioner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mexicutioner

Cap and Bucky both seemed much more powerful than in previous films and Iron Man did seem weaker but Iron Man was the antagonist so he was destined to lose.