MCU Doctor Strange Respect Thread - Master of the Mystic

• 58 results
#1 Edited by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
"You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts."

Thread Music: Click Here in new tab for your listening pleasure.

Bio

Stephen Strange was originally a brilliant yet arrogant neurosurgeon but suffered a nearly fatal car accident that left his hands crippled and unable to perform surgery. After conventional medicine and treatments failed to cure his hands Strange embarked in a search that led him to the Ancient One and was introduced to a new world of magic. He became a student of the Ancient One, mastering the Mystic Arts and now serves as one of Earth's protectors against extradimensional forces that threaten reality.

Source Key

• DS = Doctor Strange (2016)
  • TR = Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
  • IW = Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
  • EG = Avengers: Endgame (2019)
  • GotG = Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
  • DSP = Marvel's Doctor Strange Prelude Infinite Comic #1 (Comic)
  • IWP = Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War Prelude (Comic)

Spells and Magic

"You're full of tricks, wizard."

The MCU's debut of sorcery shifts away from the invocation and patron based magic of the comic source material in favor of the harnessing of mystical energies from other dimensions in order to achieve a variety of effects including, but not limited to, the formation of mystic weapons and shields. Strange learns the Mystic Arts at a rate faster than any student before him largely due to his photographic memory and his latent talent for sorcery. While trapped in a time loop in his battle against Dormammu for an indefinite amount of time, Strange would gain even further mastery of his powers.

Eldritch Weapons:

Shields:

Portals:

Mirror Dimension:

Transmutation:

Astral Form:

Other/Misc:

Physical Abilities

"Fight! Fight like your life depended on it! Because one day, it may."

In addition to learning the Mystic Arts, Strange was instructed in the martial arts as well by the Ancient One and Mordo so that he may be prepared for any danger that threatens his reality. Strange has also demonstrated an impressive degree of endurance and willpower.

Reaction Speed:

Durability/Endurance:

Fighting Skill:

Cloak of Levitation

"Wow, you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear, aren't you?"

The Cloak of Levitation acts in much the same way as its original comic counterpart, granting the power of flight/levitation when worn and responding to the commands of the wearer's thoughts. This incarnation of the cloak possesses its own will as it can act and move independently on its own accord. The Cloak chose Doctor Strange to be its bearer and will often protect Strange from dangers while in combat.

Flight/Levitation:

Defense/Protection:

Eye of Agamotto

"Just as you gave Kaecilius powers from your dimension, I've brought a little power from mine."

The Eye of Agamotto is a powerful mystic artifact created by the original Sorcerer Supreme and father of the Mystic Arts, the mighty Agamotto. One massive deviation from the comics this incarnation of the Eye has is that it possesses one of the six Infinity Stones, the Time Stone. Using the ability of sorcerers to channel and manipulate arcane energies, Doctor Strange can use the energies of the Eye to manipulate time in a myriad of ways.

Time Manipulation:

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36959 posts) - - Show Bio

Always excellent work man.

#5 Edited by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#6 Edited by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Pipxeroth (9563 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome job mate

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#8 Posted by IndomitableRegal (16975 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. This looks really well put together. I plan to give it a more in depth look a bit later. Nicely done.

#9 Posted by jrupert1 (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done.

Granted he was still just an apprentice in the movie but here's hoping he gets into more solid magic later on and not be so weapon focused. The cup scenario with Thor is a good start but it's just that there's so many spells and the creativity it can bring is immense, so do we really need sorcerers fighting with whips and disc shields so much?

#10 Posted by IceDemonKing (10018 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work i'l look at it more if i have the time

#11 Posted by nfactor1995 (13074 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome job man!

#12 Posted by jumpstart55 (11025 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Well done this is really awesome.!
  • But looking at and analyzing those feats...Id say MCU Strange is just at movie verse Harry Potter in terms of powers...Not sure just getting that from what i,m seeing.
#13 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

@nfactor1995: @jaycool2: @indomitableregal: @pipxeroth: @linsanel_doctor:

Much appreciated guys.

@jrupert1 said:

Nicely done.

Granted he was still just an apprentice in the movie but here's hoping he gets into more solid magic later on and not be so weapon focused. The cup scenario with Thor is a good start but it's just that there's so many spells and the creativity it can bring is immense, so do we really need sorcerers fighting with whips and disc shields so much?

I agree. I do think he'll progress since he's still pretty much a noob at magic. Though I know Laylah stated the film wasn't that great, @laylah may also want to check the thread out

• Well done this is really awesome.!
  • But looking at and analyzing those feats...Id say MCU Strange is just at movie verse Harry Potter in terms of powers...Not sure just getting that from what i,m seeing.

Yeah, he's vastly inferior to his comic counterpart in terms of power-level.

#14 Edited by IceDemonKing (10018 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading I must say, well done. I like the gif at the end.

#15 Posted by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so strange has some sort of reality alteration considering what he did with thors mug in the end credits scene? Interesting

#16 Posted by jrupert1 (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: I know, such as his first attempt at casting the shields, one failed. But if you look at the Ancient One, even she seemed to use magic of the same type (though better than everyone else). Perhaps she simply held back, using only what she felt necessary or maybe her power had grown weaker (this part wasn't explored much despite the subject of her age being brought up). But it seemed a bit odd.

Overall I liked it but I can see why she had issues with it. I just went in with the understanding that this would be a different universe's version with a different take. And honestly it wasn't any more off than several of the alternate versions of him. I went it with reserved expectations and little demands and thought it did enough of the things that were personally important.

#17 Posted by jrupert1 (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow so strange has some sort of reality alteration considering what he did with thors mug in the end credits scene? Interesting

Yeah, judging by the amount of books he read in the movie it's expected and implied he'd know more spells than shown in the movie. Just not necessarily combat magic, and he definitely didn't get much in the way of opportunity to work on that aspect before being thrust into the conflict. Still think Derrickson could have done better with that (besides the world bending stuff which was cool). Plus it'd naturally make sense that he'd focus on further expanding his magic after the main events of the movie.

#18 Posted by Pokeysteve (12031 posts) - - Show Bio

That last Gif alone is worth the read.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
#19 Posted by deactivated-1351355 (5579 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing work, friend!

It's good to see a respect thread for MCU Strange here.

I agree. I do think he'll progress since he's still pretty much a noob at magic. Though I know Laylah stated the film wasn't that great, @laylah may also want to check the thread out

I've always liked a darker and more serious Strange, so that may be the reason why the movie didn't appeal so much to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5405244e89c
#20 Posted by deactivated-5b5405244e89c (8376 posts) - - Show Bio

@laylah: *reshoots it but has me as Doctor strange*

#21 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

@laylah said:

Amazing work, friend!

Thanks!

Amazing work, friend!

Oh yeah, I can definitely understand where you're coming from.

#22 Posted by LDM (5362 posts) - - Show Bio

Too early, way too early ...

#23 Edited by KCMinato (2458 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Awesome! But without the infinity stone , who would you compare mcu strange to , with other mcu characters . Thor ? Black Panther ? Iron Man?

#24 Posted by CitizenSentry (12121 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooh me likey :)

#25 Edited by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm said:

Too early, way too early ...

What do you mean?

@kcminato said:

@wastelandman: Awesome! But without the infinity stone , who would you compare mcu strange to , with other mcu characters . Thor ? Black Panther ? Iron Man?

Without the stone he may be somewhere between Thor and Iron Man. At least for now until we see him learn more magic.

#26 Posted by silvanus (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for a small update, may be?

"I've been falling for 30 minutes"

#27 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
@silvanus said:

Time for a small update, may be?

"I've been falling for 30 minutes"

I'll update it once Ragnarok comes out on blu-ray.

@wastelandman:

This is very good. Great job.

Thanks.

#29 Posted by silvanus (918 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

@silvanus:

I added his feats for Thor: Ragnarok Now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0845740eb0b
#31 Edited by deactivated-5b0845740eb0b (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Just a tip, but the comic Avengers Infinity War Prelude#2 shows more clearly how Stephen BFR'ed Loki in Ragnarok:

No Caption Provided

I think it might be good to add it and at least shows that Strange didn't need something as prep to have pulled that.

#32 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by DarthRaven (243 posts) - - Show Bio

More Feats for Strange.

Bump.

#34 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

he is good

#35 Posted by KrleAvenger (26272 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Damn, I can't believe I missed this. Great job. Do you plan on updating it with Infinity War feats?

#36 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Damn, I can't believe I missed this. Great job. Do you plan on updating it with Infinity War feats?

Thanks! Yeah I'll update it sometime after the blu-ray is released and I can make better quality GIFs.

#37 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29702 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job.

He was a beast in IW.

#38 Edited by KrleAvenger (26272 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: Great. Tag me when you do finish it (if you remember).

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Strange "transmutate" a black hole Thanos threw at him? It looked like a black hole to me but I'm not sure. And do you remember when Strange restrained Thanos and tried to take off the Infinity Gauntlet? That spell reminded me of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. I know it didn't completely look like them, but they were red and he used them to restrain Thanos.

#39 Posted by ANTHP2000 (29702 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger:

He also multiplied himself to some good dozen of Strange's in the same fight.

#40 Posted by KrleAvenger (26272 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job.

He was a beast in IW.

Thanks.

Yeah he was. I'm glad they're showing Strange's progression as a sorcerer.

@wastelandman: Great. Tag me when you do finish it (if you remember).

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Strange "transmutate" a black hole Thanos threw at him? It looked like a black hole to me but I'm not sure. And do you remember when Strange restrained Thanos and tried to take off the Infinity Gauntlet? That spell reminded me of Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. I know it didn't completely look like them, but they were red and he used them to restrain Thanos.

I don't know if it classifies as a black hole but it was definitely a vortex of some kind that was warping space around it (which makes sense since it was created by the space stone). Those metallic restraints he summoned reminded me of the Crimson Bands too but the Artbook listed the artifact he used to restrain Kaecilius as the Crimson Bands which is pretty lame but this could be a cool retcon.

#42 Posted by KrleAvenger (26272 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman:

I don't know if it classifies as a black hole but it was definitely a vortex of some kind that was warping space around it (which makes sense since it was created by the space stone).

It looked like it had the event horizon, so it might actually be a black hole. I don't know. I'll watch the movie again this weekend so I'll try to pay more attention to that part. Regardless, transmutating a hole in space is impressive even if it's not a black hole.

Those metallic restraints he summoned reminded me of the Crimson Bands too but the Artbook listed the artifact he used to restrain Kaecilius as the Crimson Bands which is pretty lame but this could be a cool retcon.

Yeah, I saw that too and it was pretty stupid. The artifact looked kinda goofy IMO and it wasn't crimson at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#43 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#44 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7378 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman: are you going to update this with Infinity War feats? there should be high quality videos of the feats now.

#45 Posted by Gamer-Guy (3354 posts) - - Show Bio

great

#46 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5c522ab96172e
#47 Posted by deactivated-5c522ab96172e (2388 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by WastelandMan (8826 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Superhero24 (4766 posts) - - Show Bio

@wastelandman:

Love the thread if you want the spell names he uses here:

Winds of Watoomb:

No Caption Provided

Images of Ikkon: