MCU Cull Obsidian is weaker than you think.

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LuminousHydra

I can say indubitably, that MCU Cull is the weakest "big guy" by far in the MCU.

Spiderman overpowered him.

The airplane connector resembles a shipping container weighs about 50-60,000 pounds. About 25-30 tons. Seems pretty impressive right? Wrong.Not once, but twice. Spiderman stopped his overhead slam in IW and pulled him to the ground in Endgame. If Cull were stronger than Spiderman, there is no possible way this could have happened. It's not possible to block a strike from a hammer if said person is stronger than you. It's also not possible for someone 9x your size ground you from behind with strings attached to your arm if he/she isn't stronger than you. Their small size would mean that they have to generate a lot more force than someone of your size to bring you down.

What is Spiderman's best strength feat you ask? Well, the best quantifiable one we have is the Civil war feat where he holds up the airplane connector.

This feat is a lot less impressive than you think.

Look at the left and right when Spidey catches the connector. Clearly, there are sparks on the left and a dust cloud on the right. This means that the connector comes in contact with two surfaces to support it around the same time Spidey also catches it. In other words, he didn't support the full weight of the connector. This means he held up exceedingly less force than 25-30 tons. For all we know, he may have only supported only a third of its weight.

Cap scales with Spidey and other

Loki was overpowering Cap far better than Spidey was. I'm not talking about overall fighting performance, I'm talking about purely strength wise. We know that Endgame cap = A1 cap based on their encounter in endgame and therefore civil war cap shouldn't be different from A1 cap. Therefore based on this alone, Loki is stronger than Spiderman.

characters

If Loki> Spiderman and Spiderman > Cull.

Then Hulk>Thor>>>>>>>>>Cull.

Why?

Simply because Loki got wrecked massively by the Hulk in A1.

Before you start saying "but muh abc logic". ABC logic is wrong only in fights when you remove different contexts of it. However, I'm not comparing fights, I'm comparing them purely on their level of strength. Aka, how well they can put up with another character's strength, physically.

But Ant-man (stronger than the Hulk) killed him!

Ant-man killed him by stepping on him. It didn't even appear to be a deliberate stomp, more like an accidental one. Before you say that One-shotting a Leviathan = being able to kill Hulk level characters with ease, you should know that stepping on something doesn't generate much force towards that thing. I can accidentally step on a person while doing little to no damage to that person, however, if I were to perform a left hook upon that person, they would receive substantially more damage than my accidental step, or even a stomp would. Therefore the two feats aren't comparable at all. The Leviathan is more durable because it got killed by a stronger attack (punch) than Cull, who got killed when Scott stepped on him, a much weaker attack.

He rekt Hulkbuster and Iron man tho

He managed to beat a Hulkbuster with an inexperienced pilot, damaged from the outriders and was also jobbing. Look at the Hulkbuster strikes performed on the outriders vs ones performed on the Hulk. The ones on the Hulk were done with substantially more force.

Also, he never wrecked Iron man. He knocked Iron man down like 3 times total, but it was never shown that any of Tony's suits were damaged from the encounter. To say otherwise would be simply ridiculous. The Hulk gets thrown around by the Hulkbuster, but he doesn't receive much damage from it. Doesn't mean that the Hulk's life was threatened because he was thrown around, or the Hulk was bound to lose the fight.

What Cull has is weight. He is like 6x bigger than Iron man. That's why his strikes can send Iron man to the ground fairly easily, while Iron man's attacks don't seem to do much. Cull also blocked 90% of Tony's attacks with his weapons, which are fairly adaptive, in themselves. Whether he was beating Iron man is a totally different story. There is no evidence to suggest that he did, or would have done. Ironman received literally zero damage on his suit from their encounters.

Drax and Korg

Korg is literally featless and Drax is about 3x Captain Americas, but these two guys alone were destroying him. Korg has no strength feats aside from beating zombies that can be blown away by m-16's. nuff said lol.

Conclusion

With all this in mind, it is simply ridiculous to assume that Cull would be anywhere near other brutes like Hulk, Kurse, Hulkbuster, Fenris, etc just because he looks big and knocked Iron man around. Lol, he's not. Such a notion is completely laughable tbh.

Kurse would kill him in a few punches, Hulk would do the same, as with a competent Hulkbuster pilot. Fenris will eat him whole with extreme ease.

This guy is a mid-tier level villain. His gear allows him to be able to fight enemies above mid-tier for some time, but I don't see how he'd win any prolonged fights.

Stop putting him against enemies far above him lol.

The Black Order really are just 3 mid-tiers and 1 mid-tier that follow Thanos everywhere.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve always said he’s weak as hell tbh

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah it just means Spider-Man is Hulk lvl ?

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 76

#4  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Drax isn't "three Captain Americas". Killing Sakkaran fodder and getting stomped by Ronan do not make him worth three Caps. He did overpower Korath, but Korath has almost no feats (and invoking AoS Kree feats doesn't work, because not all Kree are the same any more than all humans are the same).

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatforce said:

Nah it just means Spider-Man is Hulk lvl ?

Directed by the Russo Brother's xD

@ready_4_madness: Yeah me too. It wasn't until Endgame where we all really got conclusive feats to prove how weaksauce this guy is.

@shroudofsorrow:Nah. I just highballed him to please any Drax fanboys. He appears stronger than Cap, but dunno by how much. Scaling from Gamora might put him at a decent level above Cap. But anyway, I don't really care about this part.

If Drax is even weaker than what I said, it simultaneously makes Cull a lot weaker and supports my case.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luminoushydra: I don't think he even "appears" stronger. Drax has never done anything like the helicopter feat, to give but one example from Cap. I don't think scaling off of Gamora works either, as he and her have never to my knowledge had a serious fight between them, and in any event Gamora has no strength feats on Cap's level from what I remember (though she does have good durability as of Vol. 2).

Also, I don't think Giant Man killed Cull Obsidian; I'm pretty sure he is killed at the same time as everyone else when Iron Man uses the Infinity Gauntlet. And if he can survive Giant Man stepping on him and keep fighting afterwards, that's a good durability feat (better than anything Abomination showed).

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you assuming I think he is strong? Good going bud what’s next?

LuminousHydra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shroudofsorrow: Drax grabs her by the neck and he intended to kill her until Quill stepped in. Gamora couldn't pry his arms off of her.

She carried the huge gatling gun from the spacecraft and was firing it as if it didn't have any recoil. Not sure if it beats the helicopter feat.

Nah, he was definitely dead after Scott stepped on him. He was crushed and never appeared n any fight or on screen after that.

Mr_Shazam0920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mr_Shazam0920

Yeah him getting pulled back by Spider-Man is the nail on the coffin on him but being Hulk level.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made this thread too and I wholeheartedly agree

He's much below Hulk.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cull was never strong at all. I said this when IW came out and EG proved it.

SocaJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol tag the dude who thinks Cull would ‘wreck’ Kurse xD

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he’s not that great. Completely agree with the points here ??

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the one who argued he is more durable than Doomsday

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, remember when certain people here on Comicvine portrayed Cull as if he was a top tier powerhouse when in reality any noteworthy top tier would one-shot him? LOL suck it

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@the_kidd said:
@socajunkie said:

And the one who argued he is more durable than Doomsday

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Drax and Korg weren't stomping him...
  2. Getting killed by Giant-Man isn't an anti-feat or a feat, it's just... there.
  3. Stark had to be saved twice from Cull. Cull had him dead to rights at the end...

Despite all that, I still agree Cull is a mid-tier at best.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Well, no he isn't because I never considered him that strong. People kept pretending he is like this Hulk level character because he is this large brute type character even though we already see during his first fight Spidey can stop his hits without too much trouble.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shroudofsorrow

There is one problem with your reasoning that I found, which is the idea that AE Cap is equal to Avengers Cap. This is not the case. Cap by the time of Endgame has far, far more feats that put him ahead of his earlier self by quite a bit. They fought evenly because AE Cap was holding back against his opponent, an idea supported by how AE Cap made it clear that he didn't want to fight or hurt him (which would make sense, as he would not want to leave that timeline without it's Captain America or leave him so injured he couldn't function). Avengers 1 Cap hadn't yet demonstrated things like the AoU motorcycle/jeep feat and throwing Ultron into a concrete pillar hard enough to take out most of it (or holding his own against Ultron beforehand), the WS durability and strength feats, the combat feats of Civil War, and so on. Captain America had clearly improved significantly in-between the first and fourth Avengers movies. Plus, he would logically know everything his other self knew plus more, which should have given him a skill edge. That it didn't I think lends further credence to the idea that he was holding back. I do not think they are equal.

Of course, it doesn't make that much of a difference, because the sheer ease with which Loki was dominating Cap means he could likely beat a better Cap as well, just not as easily. But I do disagree with the claim that the two Captain Americas are equal (though I suppose it depends on how you interpret it).

I also disagree with the idea that Hulk is above Thor; Thor held his own against Hulk in Avengers 1 while holding back (he attempted to reason with him during the battle), and was beating Hulk in their rematch in Ragnarok before the Grandmaster intervened and caused Thor to lose, and that was Thor without Mjolnir. And of course, Thor in Endgame did much better against Thanos than Hulk did in Infinity War.

You could point out that Loki gave Thor more trouble than he did Hulk, but there is context that bears Thor out:

1) He was holding back against Loki (supported by how he was trying to reason with him and what he said to him in The Dark World about how all of the prior times they fought Thor did so with the hope that he could redeem his brother).

2) Loki was technically somewhat injured at the time Hulk wailed on him (he had just taken a point-blank explosion that sent him smashing through a window), and also got interrupted mid-rant. He wasn't trying to defend himself or attack, he was ranting and Hulk took advantage of that to attack him mid-sentence.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah him getting pulled back by Spider-Man is the nail on the coffin on him but being Hulk level.

Spidey already stopped his hammer swing

Avatar image for deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c
deactivated-5e14500e3bd2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did cull break through gold titanium armour, shatter stone structures and throw his axe with enough force to go through a building and ground with no resistance or is Spider-Man stronger than we thought or cull wasn’t going full out with the swing when Spider-Man stopped him

Avatar image for waltzeffective1
WaltzEffective1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either spider man is really fucking strong or cull is inconsistent as hell he tossed his hammer through a building with ease and beat tf out of stark somehow

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cull is stronger than Spidey but not by much. Spidey stopped a swing from Cull, but it took Spideys full body to stop one hand of Cull.

Durability wise he's far superior to Spidey. He no-sold multiple repulsors on his exposed skin from IW Iron Man, took 2-3 punches from Banner-operated Hulkbuster and survived being stepped on by giant-man who should weight 1000+ tons on size alone.

But his powers don't come from physicals. It is his weapons which are game-changers. He has an array of multi-purpose weapons, which can hurt Tony in IW armor, or can damage hulkbuster, etc. Remove those weapons and he is a mid tier at best.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@luminoushydra: Gotta say I don't agree, while yeah Cull did absolutely zero damage to Iron Man's armour, he still tanked a Worthy Cap's Mjolnir toss.

Spidey was definitely impressive against Cull but I don't think he can actually take down Cull for good, Cull would shrugg off every attack from Spidey quite easily.

x_Zayd_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Either spider man is really fucking strong or cull is inconsistent as hell he tossed his hammer through a building with ease and beat tf out of stark somehow

That's the point OP was making, while he did toss Iron Man, IM's armour showed no signs of damage at all, he didn't even had a scratch on his armour.

1. Drax and Korg weren't stomping him...
  2. Getting killed by Giant-Man isn't an anti-feat or a feat, it's just... there.
  3. Stark had to be saved twice from Cull. Cull had him dead to rights at the end...

Despite all that, I still agree Cull is a mid-tier at best.

There is no evidence for what would've happened if Stark wasn't saved coz throughout the battle his armour took literally ZERO damage from Cull. And Stark in IW already tanked much worse, he tanked a chunk of moon thrown on him, he shielded from a power stone blast and survived a power stone punch to his chest.

GodOfEmotions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s stronger than hulk and abomination for sure.

Fantaman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say he is hard to be powerscaled.

Avatar image for onlyoneempereor
OnlyOneEmpereor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By OnlyOneEmpereor

Cull was never strong at all. I said this when IW came out and EG proved it.

aris_action

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys should stop lowballing Cull. Getting pulled by Spidey is not a bad showing. Remember Spidey pulled the freaking Thanos in IW and he nearly fell, missing a step

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Irronman disagrees

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
FinalKingThanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While he is likely a high mid tier by solid feats some of this is just crazy lol Spidey has more stand alone strength feats than most characters.

Cull was about to kill Iron Man in both IW and EG and had to be saved both times from being impaled the implication is clearly there to show this.

Lastly Giantmans stomp was 100% planned it's the reason he stomps down soon as Spidey surprised Cull you even see his left leg kneeling down for more pressure and he crushed and rubs his foot further down to make sure Cull is dead.